CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

jazman 01-10-2008 08:21 PM

I've got myself some tickets :lux:

pauldrulez 01-10-2008 08:25 PM

I was walking to the shop earlier thinking about the random things you do when you are bored.

Anyway long story short,

If all the players were going into a fantasy draft for the 32 teams and you could only keep 10 players from your roster, who would you slap the Franchise tag on to keep.

For the Patriots I was thinking:
Brady, Welker, Moss, Light, Mayo, Seymour, Thomas, Vrabel, Wilfork and Hobbs:eek:

Random thought but oh well.

pauldrulez 01-10-2008 08:26 PM

Jaz, where are you sitting.

jazman 01-10-2008 08:27 PM

Top tier at one end ... will check for sure. Avoided the obscured view seats as they seemed to be the first tier around the pitch ... will check the email for sure, hold on ...

pauldrulez 01-10-2008 08:29 PM

I am probably going to grab some obscured view ones.

For whoever went last year, what sort of merchandise is available. I really want a Jerod Mayo shirt but cant justify $75 shipping in all honesty.

jazman 01-10-2008 08:31 PM

45 for block 515 ... add booking fee and postage ...

pauldrulez 01-10-2008 08:35 PM

Jaz, do you have any clue what the obstructed view tickets might be like?

If I am basically behind the posts it shouldnt be too bad, surely?

saxoneagle 01-10-2008 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pauldrulez
I am probably going to grab some obscured view ones.

For whoever went last year, what sort of merchandise is available. I really want a Jerod Mayo shirt but cant justify $75 shipping in all honesty.

$75 for shipping? Are you sure???

pauldrulez 01-10-2008 08:38 PM

Yeah from the Pats ProShop.

Saxon, do you know what obstructed view will be like ;)

I have 4 minutes until I have to pay :D

saxoneagle 01-10-2008 08:38 PM

Quote:

I only like being behind the posts if I am high enough up. I think the obstructed view ones are low down which means you have ZERO perspective of the play. You can't see the blocks, you can't see the runs made, you can't see how far the play went. I'd not recommend it.

For the Pats game, I sat behind the posts but high up. I'd never fancied that before, always sitting in between the red zones where possible, but it was a great view.

jazman 01-10-2008 08:40 PM

Quote:

I have no idea ... is it obstructed because you are sitting behind a large person? ;)

I haven't been to the new Wembley before so I don't know .. but in my opinion it's a lot closer to the pitch that it used to be. I prefer a higher view to be fair. Only paying another 15 for it ...

pauldrulez 01-10-2008 08:42 PM

The thing is,

I dont want to go by myself and will probably take my Dad with me.

So that is an extra 35 basically. I dont know if I want to pay that if its not a Patriots game in all honesty.

I shall think about it.

saxoneagle 01-10-2008 08:50 PM

Paul - use the NFL shop - shipping is only $35 to the UK.

jazman 01-10-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by saxoneagle
I only like being behind the posts if I am high enough up. I think the obstructed view ones are low down which means you have ZERO perspective of the play. You can't see the blocks, you can't see the runs made, you can't see how far the play went. I'd not recommend it.

For the Pats game, I sat behind the posts but high up. I'd never fancied that before, always sitting in between the red zones where possible, but it was a great view.

Agreed, pretty much my reasoning in one ... :p

jazman 01-10-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

The thing is,

So that is an extra 35 basically. I dont know if I want to pay that if its not a Patriots game in all honesty.

I shall think about it.

Damn, you should have said earlier Paul, you could have come with us ... I only bought the three tickets, I almost bought four but changed it before buying them ...

saxoneagle 01-10-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

The thing is,

I shall think about it.

You should get this whole "Patriots" thing out of your head. The NFL is different to sports that we are used to where you only usually go and watch your own team.

Many people in the US don't live in their home cities and will regularly go and watch a football match just because they can. You should too. I would go to a game, ANY game, every week if I could.

When I live in Denver, I'll get Broncos season tickets, I have no doubt about it.

saxoneagle 01-10-2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jazman
Damn, you should have said earlier Paul, you could have come with us ... I only bought the three tickets, I almost bought four but changed it before buying them ...

Would you want to sit next to Paul for 3 and a half hours, jaz? ;)

jazman 01-10-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by saxoneagle
Would you want to sit next to Paul for 3 and a half hours, jaz? ;)
It's ok, I'd have my two mates in between anyway ... :o

saxoneagle 01-10-2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jazman
It's ok, I'd have my two mates in between anyway ... :o

They wouldn't be mates for long if you sat them next to Paul :D

saxoneagle 01-10-2008 08:57 PM

OK, dilemma.

We're going to see the Titans and Bears in Chicago. Now, I know my wife is a big fan of Vince Young and I was thinking of getting her a jersey to wear.

However, Young is injured and is not very good. Should I still get her the jersey or should I get her something else to wear for the occasion?

The idea of buying her something means she might embrace the occasion a bit more and allow me to go to more matches... :D