CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

saxoneagle 01-10-2008 09:01 PM

I might get her this

jazman 01-10-2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by saxoneagle
OK, dilemma.

We're going to see the Titans and Bears in Chicago. Now, I know my wife is a big fan of Vince Young and I was thinking of getting her a jersey to wear.

However, Young is injured and is not very good. Should I still get her the jersey or should I get her something else to wear for the occasion?

The idea of buying her something means she might embrace the occasion a bit more and allow me to go to more matches... :D

If she's a big fan, then get her the jersey all the same. No matter if he's not very good and injured ...

pauldrulez 01-10-2008 09:01 PM

Get her a Hester jersey ;)

Or get her a Chris Johnson shirt. Then she can support me in the Fantasy league :p

For the tickets, the thing is, this 100 can go towards my Foxboro/NY trip next year, it could pay for my ticket to see the Jets or the Giants.

Right back to my post further up, what 10 would you choose to keep for your team.

RDSdaEAGLE 01-10-2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pauldrulez
Saxon, do you know what obstructed view will be like ;)

I have 4 minutes until I have to pay :D

Hmm - didn't think Wembley had obstructed views! :D

The stadium was built on the basis that every spectator would have a perfect view of the pitch.

Perhaps you'd be behind one of the goalposts?

pauldrulez 01-10-2008 09:02 PM

Or alternatively, get her the pink shirt, she will probably like it more and will stand out in a crowd :D

saxoneagle 01-10-2008 09:04 PM

Quote:

Or alternatively, get her the pink shirt, she will probably like it more and will stand out in a crowd :D

I imagine in Chicago in November she'll have 10 layers over the top of it :D

pauldrulez 01-10-2008 09:11 PM

Get a big sized one and then put it on top of the layers, thats what I do with my Palace shirts. And my TB one come to think of it.

Strathclyde Eagle 01-10-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by saxoneagle
OK, dilemma.

We're going to see the Titans and Bears in Chicago. Now, I know my wife is a big fan of Vince Young and I was thinking of getting her a jersey to wear.

However, Young is injured and is not very good. Should I still get her the jersey or should I get her something else to wear for the occasion?

The idea of buying her something means she might embrace the occasion a bit more and allow me to go to more matches... :D

If she's a Longhorns fan (I've got that right haven't I?) why not just get a Young/Texas jersey? Covers everything and supports him regardless of which team he plays for.

pauldrulez 01-10-2008 09:15 PM

Has anyone ever used:

http://www.footballfanatics.com/

for their NFL stuff. I am tempted to give my Mum a big order for my 18th in November and Xmas. Well, I'll put half in and then at least I can get some other stuff.

For the UK-based fans that may have ordered stuff to arrive over here. How much are the import taxes and charges. I have tried Google but cant really find anything out.

saxoneagle 01-10-2008 09:15 PM

I'm sure this will annoy some on here, but I hate that look. It has "chav" written all over it.

jazman 01-10-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Get her a Hester jersey ;)

Or get her a Chris Johnson shirt. Then she can support me in the Fantasy league :p

For the tickets, the thing is, this 100 can go towards my Foxboro/NY trip next year, it could pay for my ticket to see the Jets or the Giants.

Right back to my post further up, what 10 would you choose to keep for your team.

And fair play fella. I won't be going to the States so this is the next best thing ... If of my guys drop out, I'll give you a shout. Just kicking myself I didn't get that extra ticket now ...

Saxon - that pink jersey looks pretty good. That Simpson woman was wearing one of the Cowboy versions the other week. No prizes for guessing the number she had on it ....

Ok, will have a think about the 10 players I would retan for the Cowboys, give me a minute ...

pauldrulez 01-10-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle
If she's a Longhorns fan (I've got that right haven't I?) why not just get a Young/Texas jersey? Covers everything and supports him regardless of which team he plays for.
If she is, thats a great shout Strathclyde, thats bound to tempt her into letting Saxon travel around the country more often :lux: :p

Strathclyde Eagle 01-10-2008 09:18 PM

Paul, think I've mentioned it several times on this thread but to repeat eBay is your best bet.

For what you want individually I'd seek out a Patriots forum and find a supplier a UK fan would recommend.

Hope this helps. :p

pauldrulez 01-10-2008 09:20 PM

Right if I use football fanatics for my needs, then I have a dilemma.

They dont have Mayo shirts :grrr:

So its a choice between: Bruschi, Vrabel, Welker, Moss, Maroney(bust), Cassel:), Watson, Merriweather.

IMHO it comes down to Vrabel or either of the WRs or possibly Merriweather.

Is it wrong to want to get another teams jersey as well?

jazman 01-10-2008 09:23 PM

Romo, Whitten, Jones x2, TO (however much crap I'll get for saying that!), Barber, Crayton, Ware, Thomas and the kicker whose name eludes me right now ...

Now that's just off the top of my head ...

saxoneagle 01-10-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle

She has one. That hasn't helped my situation to date :D

saxoneagle 01-10-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

No, I have a Jerome Bettis shirt.

saxoneagle 01-10-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jazman
And fair play fella. I won't be going to the States so this is the next best thing ... If of my guys drop out, I'll give you a shout. Just kicking myself I didn't get that extra ticket now ...

Saxon - that pink jersey looks pretty good. That Simpson woman was wearing one of the Cowboy versions the other week. No prizes for guessing the number she had on it ....

Ok, will have a think about the 10 players I would retan for the Cowboys, give me a minute ...

She'd look much better without it on ;)

jazman 01-10-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Why is it wrong? I've bought other football shirts before. But don't be shy, just come out and say that you want a Cowboy shirt ;)

pauldrulez 01-10-2008 09:31 PM

Saxons Answer x 2 with my complete agreement :p

I would go for the first 9, but no point with a Kicker really. Just hope you get lucky in the other draft lool.