CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 05-10-2008 08:35 PM

Dolphins are massively improving. The Chargers look absolute turd.

But, if the pass before the 2nd TD had been intercepted by Cromartie who missed it by inches, it was a 100yd INT TD without doubt and it could have been 10-10. But those inches are what make the game.

And I agree on the NFC dominance but not that the Patriots are on the downturn yet. Any team with a Brady in it will be half the team. If we had a runner like a Felix Jones(looking at 2nd RBs here) then I dont think we would miss out as much.

But Giants, Redskins, Eagles, Bears and the Cowgirls are possibly the Top 5 in football.

saxoneagle 05-10-2008 08:54 PM

Bears? Now I know you are smoking something.

saxoneagle 05-10-2008 08:55 PM

You've missed out both the Bills and Titans who are currently undefeated... both infintely better than the Bears.

jlmatthews 05-10-2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by saxoneagle
You've missed out both the Bills and Titans who are currently undefeated... both infintely better than the Bears.
infinitely better? Not too sure about that.

saxoneagle 05-10-2008 08:59 PM

Sorry but the Bears are a team who go one way one week and then back the other the next. Consistency is the key. They have none.

Both the Bills and the Titans have consistency on one side of the ball at the very least.

pauldrulez 05-10-2008 09:00 PM

Titans still have to convince me, same with the Bills whereas I rate the Bears highly and are on their way to winning easily today. And they have quite a few injuries.

But, I do think that the Panthers and the Bucs may be as good as the Bears. I would say the Cards as well, but they dont seem to have a defense.

pauldrulez 05-10-2008 09:03 PM

Seahawks, Jags, Raiders, Rams = Bills schedule, not the Hardest ever.

Jags, Bungals, Texans, Vikings = Titans schedule.

Colts, Panthers, Bucs, Eagles = Bears schedule. All 4 possible post-season teams.

RDSdaEAGLE 05-10-2008 09:05 PM

GAME.

ON.

pauldrulez 05-10-2008 09:06 PM

He done very well to keep his feet in there.

And the schedules above are the schedules so far, obviously

jlmatthews 05-10-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Sorry but the Bears are a team who go one way one week and then back the other the next. Consistency is the key. They have none.

Both the Bills and the Titans have consistency on one side of the ball at the very least.

I wouldn't call them infinitely better though? I'd like the Bears chances at beating both of them to be honest. Neither have high powered offenses. All it would take is a good day by the D and just enough from the offensive side of the ball to put them away. Would it happen like that everytime? No. But I'd still fancy our chances.

Strathclyde Eagle 05-10-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
GAME.

ON.

Nothing personal but... 4th down stop! :lux:

I'm honestly amazed at the Colts' performance today in what is really a must-win game for them.

Strathclyde Eagle 05-10-2008 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jlmatthews
I wouldn't call them infinitely better though? I'd like the Bears chances at beating both of them to be honest. Neither have high powered offenses. All it would take is a good day by the D and just enough from the offensive side of the ball to put them away. Would it happen like that everytime? No. But I'd still fancy our chances.
As I read somewhere else, if your defence is only giving up 10 points a game then you're going to be in every game. They give the team a terrific chance.

saxoneagle 05-10-2008 09:23 PM

Slaton have a huge game for my fantasy team. Making up for LJ having a bust week!

saxoneagle 05-10-2008 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jlmatthews

I'd put the Titans and the Bills in the top 5/6 teams currently and the Bears would be middle of the back. OK, not infinitely but 2 play-off teams against an also-ran.

If the Bears make the play-offs, it'll be a worse team making the play-offs than the Grossman led Bears reaching the Superbowl ;)

BLUE BOY 05-10-2008 09:36 PM

Seahawks looking real bad this week.

Strathclyde Eagle 05-10-2008 09:36 PM

Marvin Harrison, 3 catches for 24 yards. I wouldn't be surprised if he's cut in the next off-season the way he's heading.

jlmatthews 05-10-2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle
As I read somewhere else, if your defence is only giving up 10 points a game then you're going to be in every game. They give the team a terrific chance.
Exactly.

jlmatthews 05-10-2008 09:38 PM

Quote:

If the Bears make the play-offs, it'll be a worse team making the play-offs than the G******* led Bears reaching the Superbowl ;)

Now you're just trying to piss me off!

:D

Strathclyde Eagle 05-10-2008 09:42 PM

How many users is the name Grossman a swear word for? :D

Strathclyde Eagle 05-10-2008 09:42 PM

Ronnie Brown over 100 yards again. :lux: