CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 06-10-2008 10:41 PM

It tastes like 3 Superbowls (of Cereal) in 4 years ;)

Or does it taste like a Romo INT every game. In all seriousness, what is up with him. He has one stupid mistake every week and it will end up costing games.

saxoneagle 06-10-2008 10:45 PM

I tend to buy my stuff in shops, not that that helps Addiscombe Eagle :D

I got my Brady shirt in NY the week the Pats played the Jets! Cost $110.

saxoneagle 06-10-2008 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
God I'm bored of the Pats .... I think I'm starting to know more about them than I do my own side! :rolleyes: ;)

Don't worry, I'm as bored as you but even more bored of having to watch NYG/J plus Dallas EVERY week :rolleyes:

pauldrulez 06-10-2008 10:48 PM

J - E - T - S Suck,Sack,Suck :D

Your prediction spreadsheet isnt looking too good for me.

I had the Bungals 3-2 by now. :)

saxoneagle 06-10-2008 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
J - E - T - S Suck,Sack,Suck :D

Your prediction spreadsheet isnt looking too good for me.

I had the Bungals 3-2 by now. :)

Think I had them 2-3 but originally had the Chargers 5-0 :D

jazman 06-10-2008 10:51 PM

Quote:

It tastes like 3 Superbowls (of Cereal) in 4 years ;)

Or does it taste like a Romo INT every game. In all seriousness, what is up with him. He has one stupid mistake every week and it will end up costing games.

Would you like that cereal with milk or just sour cream? ;)

I know what you mean. It's so annoying when he does that. I think it cost us in the Skins game for sure as we were looking pretty good offensively at that point ... But it will cost us in bigger games, especially if we make the play offs. Just hope that he gets it out of his system. Just glad that he is one player that doesn't reflect on it .... just gets on with as if nothing had happened.

jazman 06-10-2008 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Don't worry, I'm as bored as you but even more bored of having to watch NYG/J plus Dallas EVERY week :rolleyes:

Try the Browns v Bungals last week .... :S:

pauldrulez 06-10-2008 11:28 PM

Quote:

I know what you mean. It's so annoying when he does that. I think it cost us in the Skins game for sure as we were looking pretty good offensively at that point ... But it will cost us in bigger games, especially if we make the play offs. Just hope that he gets it out of his system. Just glad that he is one player that doesn't reflect on it .... just gets on with as if nothing had happened.

Maybe he looks up at his box and sees Jessicas erm Products and wants to get off the field quickly.

But if TO sulks and wants every ball, then it affects Witten, Barber, Jones, Crayton.

saxoneagle 07-10-2008 04:24 AM

Everything that could go wrong in the first half, did.

Reggie Bush gets a blatant facemask and they miss it. Vikings recover the fumble.

Brees throws a good low pass. His receiver flicks it up in the air and it is intercepted.

The Vikings have done nothing on offense yet lead 20-10.

Brees has 220 pass yards in the FIRST HALF.

My fantasy team unbeaten record is ruined.

jlmatthews 07-10-2008 04:53 AM

Feel bad for the Saints. They've had some horrible breaks. Hopefully, they can get back in it. I like the Saints. Well, I like Brees :p

jlmatthews 07-10-2008 05:29 AM

Reggie Bush. Wow.

jazman 07-10-2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Maybe he looks up at his box and sees Jessicas erm Products and wants to get off the field quickly.

But if TO sulks and wants every ball, then it affects Witten, Barber, Jones, Crayton.

I don't agree with the latter to be honest. If he sulks then surely they should get more of the ball ....

jazman 07-10-2008 01:38 PM

He's at it again the tool .... :rolleyes:

Phillips Says Owens Seems Fine

Terrell Owens capped a frustrating week with a 57-yard dash to the end zone to give the Cowboys an eight-point lead. When he got to the sideline afterward, the receiver covered his face with a towel and began to sob

I wish some Palace players would show some passion like that .. :o

saxoneagle 07-10-2008 01:58 PM

I just posted this on the Fantasy thread but thought it relevant here, too:

Some purely shocking officiating calls. The Saints sideline couldn't believe some.

There was the blatant facemask on Reggie Bush. There was at least one false start where the Minnesota D moved first. There was the pass which bounced into the receivers hands and they gave it as complete causing the Saints to have to challenge (they won and didn't lose out but it was blatantly incomplete). There was the Peterson "fumble" which was reviewed and they claimed he still had control of the ball - which he quite obviously didn't as it was on its way out.

Seems Hochuli is going to get it again this week :D

jazman 07-10-2008 02:00 PM

I'll try and catch the highlights tonight on Total Access ....

nookiebear 07-10-2008 05:44 PM

Quote:

Predictable as it is, I have to disagree about the Skins game

The Skins should have put the game away long before Romo's interception - only penalties stop the Skins getting another TD.

Romo only really got going right at the start and when it was too late in the 4th quarter

jazman 07-10-2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nookiebear
Predictable as it is, I have to disagree about the Skins game

The Skins should have put the game away long before Romo's interception - only penalties stop the Skins getting another TD.

Romo only really got going right at the start and when it was too late in the 4th quarter

I agree but my comment was simply based on those chances already gone begging for the Skins and the Cowboys offence looked to be on a role until the interception.

jazman 07-10-2008 09:29 PM

Just finished watching NFL Gameday and Americas Game featuring the Cowboys of 1995.

Firstly gameday, and the Titans/Ravens match was a tasty one it seems. Some history between them it looked like which I know nothing about so i wonder if someone can enlighten me.

Damn Romo, he's a tool at times. First he fumbles after a run and then he does an interception. As Paul said early he will cose in a game soon unless he gets those errors out of his game and quickly. We had some luck in that match though, namely the Crayton touchdown.

Cards/Bills game - lucky I didn't sign up Trent Edwards in my team this week for Big Ben .. probably my decision of the season so far! :p

Bizarre moment of the week; for me its two things, TO scoring a TD then going to sit down with him upstairs, towel over head and cry .... tool alert!! The other is the hit in the Colts/Texans match, massive hit on the QB (I think) it wasn't just one hit it was several while he spun in mid air and no wonder he dropped the ball. Great match though, shame the Texans couldn't hold on for that elusive first win.

Latvian Eagle 07-10-2008 09:31 PM

Giants to go all the way again?

I reckon they might make the Superbowl again! Thing is this is a team who started off 0-3 last season and came good. I still don't think they have the best set of players though, but they seem to work well on both sides of the ball as a team!

Latvian Eagle 07-10-2008 09:33 PM

Quote:

Just finished watching NFL Gameday and Americas Game featuring the Cowboys of 1995.

Firstly gameday, and the Titans/Ravens match was a tasty one it seems. Some history between them it looked like which I know nothing about so i wonder if someone can enlighten me.

Damn Romo, he's a tool at times. First he fumbles after a run and then he does an interception. As Paul said early he will cose in a game soon unless he gets those errors out of his game and quickly. We had some luck in that match though, namely the Crayton touchdown.

Cards/Bills game - lucky I didn't sign up Trent Edwards in my team this week for Big Ben .. probably my decision of the season so far! :p

Bizarre moment of the week; for me its two things, TO scoring a TD then going to sit down with him upstairs, towel over head and cry .... tool alert!! The other is the hit in the Colts/Texans match, massive hit on the QB (I think) it wasn't just one hit it was several while he spun in mid air and no wonder he dropped the ball. Great match though, shame the Texans couldn't hold on for that elusive first win.

The hit on Sage Roesenfels was awesome! But as they said, it wasn't even 4th down was it? And if he'd slid he'd have probably made the first down! :clown: Great to watch though!