CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

saxoneagle 17-11-2008 09:01 PM

http://www.wildcat.co.uk/

Strathclyde Eagle 17-11-2008 09:28 PM

Ahem, cough, I think I predicted a reverse to Ginn with it a few weeks ago.

When I saw the box score yesterday I thought that was what happened. Turned out that came from a regular formation.

Strathclyde Eagle 17-11-2008 09:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I would like to dedicate this post, and indeed this avatar, to Miss Evans, the teacher who was always concerned that I let myself become distracted from things which were more important.

Enjoy, Nookiebear. :p

Strathclyde Eagle 17-11-2008 09:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, and just for Saxon's Longhorn-supporting better half, from Lee Corso's trip to Austin.

saxoneagle 17-11-2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Oh, and just for Saxon's Longhorn-supporting pain in the arse, from Lee Corso's trip to Austin.

EFA :D

nookiebear 17-11-2008 10:37 PM

you star, thank you!

OK, how do I download it using a Mac so I can upload it to the BBS?

Strathclyde Eagle 17-11-2008 11:12 PM

I was about to say "right-click" and then I remembered about Mac mice. :D

PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it over to you.

jazman 18-11-2008 09:22 AM

Well, I managed to avoid the BBS all day yesterday. And everything worked out beautifully. Really enjoyed the game and finally the Cowboys responded with a performance. The D really did step up the the plate with the usual suspects doing the job (Ware & Ratliff). Far too many penalties being given away for my liking but with more to come from Romo, I'm pretty pleased. Pleasent suprise with rookie Bennet taking Witten's place and coming up with an all important TD. And Marion the Barber was simply awesome.

A game full of defence to be fair and both offences struggled it seemed to me. It looked ominous when we failed to score with our first possesion and then the Skins did with theirs. But what was the Skins player doing on the 1 yard line after the punt? He couldn't have dived on the ball any harder! But a great drive headed by Romo and Barber. That's when we do things well, moving quickly, getting it done.

Unlucky Nookie. Both on 6 and 4 now. Will be interesting to see how both the Cowboys and the Skins react to that match. Oh how the Eagles could regret drawing.

AddiscombeEagle 18-11-2008 10:39 AM

I was the same as Jazman, made an effort yesterday to avoid seeing the score at all. I was impressed at last with the Cowboys, completely different team than the one that played the Giants a couple of weeks ago. Barber was brilliant.

As this is the first time I have been on here since the weekend, I can now comment on the Steelers game. How good was that interception at the start of the game, what a catch! Can’t remember the players name, think it began with a P and he had a daft haircut. Amazing, I woke my daughter up when I saw that, brilliant reactions.

Going to be an exciting few weeks now, beautifully poised all over the shop.

Benzhiyi 18-11-2008 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nookiebear
you star, thank you!

OK, how do I download it using a Mac so I can upload it to the BBS?

Ctrl + Left click + Save as.

Benzhiyi 18-11-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Some interest for Dolphins fans, Wildcat fans and me and Saxon as Belichick explains the Wildcat Formation.

What other wrinkles can they add? We have had the Flea-Flicker, Ronnie Browns TD Pass, the runs through the middle, hand off to Williams. I'm sure their are others as well.

Maybe a lateral or two from Brown to Ginn to Brown etc etc as another form of Wildcat?

Anyone else got Wildcat ideas?

We'll see the pass to Penny before the season is out. Williams looked for it three or four games back but Chad was covered.

Cheers for sharing that Belichick post by the way. If even 1% of your posts were as insightful as that one you'd get a lot more love on here. :)

elliott 18-11-2008 10:55 AM

Many happy returns by the way Paul.

Strathclyde Eagle 18-11-2008 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott

Seconded. :p

ardeo 18-11-2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
not happy with the draw against the Bengals yesterday, we really could have done with winning that, especially with the Cowgirls beating the Skins as well. I was keeping track of the play on my iPhone, there seemed to be numerous opportunities for the Bengals to kick the 3 points in OT but never did so could be an interesting watch on Gameday tonight.

Not really sure how that leaves us for the play-offs, personally after some of the results we have had this season I don't think we are good enough however I heard someone say that NFC East may have 3 teams put into the playoffs because of the strength of the division, anyone know if this is the case?

If not, then we really have to go unbeaten for the remainder of the season, run in for is is:

@ Ravens
Cardinals
@ Giants (GULP!)
Browns
@ Redskins
Cowgirls

I reckon we can win our three home games but he road games, including the Ravens are going to be really tough!

Looking at the tables today, looks likely that we'll get one wildcard in the NFC East (other for NFC South), so its about finishing abouvw Cowboys and Redskins. Sooo have to win our last 2 games, and if we go into them with 2 wins at home to cardinals and Browns, might just get that wildcard.

However atm were not good enough, whatever the theoreticals :sob:

jazman 18-11-2008 01:09 PM

Quote:

:hi:

If you can wait until Wednesday night I'll happily do it for you.

Hey Strath, do you still have the one you did for me? I assume it was you ...

jazman 18-11-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddiscombeEagle
I was the same as Jazman, made an effort yesterday to avoid seeing the score at all. I was impressed at last with the Cowboys, completely different team than the one that played the Giants a couple of weeks ago. Barber was brilliant.

As this is the first time I have been on here since the weekend, I can now comment on the Steelers game. How good was that interception at the start of the game, what a catch! Canít remember the players name, think it began with a P and he had a daft haircut. Amazing, I woke my daughter up when I saw that, brilliant reactions.

Going to be an exciting few weeks now, beautifully poised all over the shop.

Couldn't agree with you more fella. I was out of my seat on more than one occassion, and on the floor spitting chips on more than one occasion :D

Agree, we looked a completely different side. But Marion Barber was simply outstanding. I beleive it was over 66 yards in the final quarter? That 4th down and 2 was tense to say the least. That could have saved our season.

Will watch NFL Gameday tonight to catch up on the rest of the action, but it's wonderfully set up for the next few weeks. We have 49ers and Seahawks at home now. Two wins there will put pressure on the Skins and Eagles.

Strathclyde Eagle 18-11-2008 01:14 PM

Failing all else I'll have it at home. It might be in my attachments though, I'll take a look.

jazman 18-11-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott

The very same wishes here fella :p

Strathclyde Eagle 18-11-2008 01:21 PM

Jazman, for some reason I can't put the image in a post again, but I found the post I originally put it in. It should be right here for you:
http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.ph...44#post6366244

jazman 18-11-2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Jazman, for some reason I can't put the image in a post again, but I found the post I originally put it in. It should be right here for you:
http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.ph...44#post6366244

Quality. Thanks fella. Would you mind making a few amendments to it when you have the opportunity please? No rush ...