CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Benzhiyi 16-01-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott

:D :o :D :o :lux: :lux:

jazman 16-01-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddiscombeEagle
Looks like Suggs is out of Sundays game.

Bad news that.

Madness ..... ;)

jazman 16-01-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Ravens 31st :eek:

Eagles a respectable 21st :p

How do you judge though what is respectable or not? It's tough, but one thing is for sure the Ravens have certainly proven more than one thing this season.

I know Cowboys are top of the list and that is thanks to the wealthy owner, but at least we were in with a shot of the play offs this season, the Raiders in 2nd were no where near. Or is this season considered to be a transition year so we should expect them to do something next season?

Strathclyde Eagle 16-01-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
:D :o :D :o :lux: :lux:

:D :o :D :o :lux: :lux:

Strathclyde Eagle 16-01-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
How do you judge though what is respectable or not? It's tough, but one thing is for sure the Ravens have certainly proven more than one thing this season.

Exactly. It isn't as if any NFL teams are making a loss (I'd imagine anyway).

What was bonkers was the Eagles repeatedly leaving eight figures of cap space when they lost three straight NFC Championship games and McNabb had no WR to throw to. Imagine if they'd stumbled into one of Arizona's WRs instead of Owens, that would be scary.

jazman 16-01-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Exactly. It isn't as if any NFL teams are making a loss (I'd imagine anyway).

What was bonkers was the Eagles repeatedly leaving eight figures of cap space when they lost three straight NFC Championship games and McNabb had no WR to throw to. Imagine if they'd stumbled into one of Arizona's WRs instead of Owens, that would be scary.

Am I on the right track assuming that if a franchise was losing money the league would look to make the franchise 'avialable'?

Good call about the Eagles. Something they appear to have struggled with and still do if I'm honest as a outsider looking in ...

ardeo 16-01-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
How do you judge though what is respectable or not? It's tough, but one thing is for sure the Ravens have certainly proven more than one thing this season.

I know Cowboys are top of the list and that is thanks to the wealthy owner, but at least we were in with a shot of the play offs this season, the Raiders in 2nd were no where near. Or is this season considered to be a transition year so we should expect them to do something next season?

Well pretty much in football the richest teams, i.e the ones who spend the most are at the top of Prem and Championship, so for Eagles to rank 21st and be one game from the superbowl is respectable for how much they've spent on salaries. Not saying its great and that the teams at the top should all be winning the playoffs, just a decent effort.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Exactly. It isn't as if any NFL teams are making a loss (I'd imagine anyway).

What was bonkers was the Eagles repeatedly leaving eight figures of cap space when they lost three straight NFC Championship games and McNabb had no WR to throw to. Imagine if they'd stumbled into one of Arizona's WRs instead of Owens, that would be scary.

Think Reid got scared off by the TO debarkle recently from getting a big name WR. McNabb and Westbrook seem to work well so that's our big partnership, and Jackson should be even better next year! We've definitely given up on going for the big plays like we were doing at the start of the season which in theory seems to be a good thing.

jazman 16-01-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Well pretty much in football the richest teams, i.e the ones who spend the most are at the top of Prem and Championship, so for Eagles to rank 21st and be one game from the superbowl is respectable for how much they've spent on salaries. Not saying its great and that the teams at the top should all be winning the playoffs, just a decent effort..

Yes, I agree with you. But NFL is far more interesting for me than football because you are more often than not get different teams challenging and getting to the Superbowl each season. Yes, Paul before you start bleating, the Pats have had it pretty good in the past five years or so but maybe now they are on a bit of a downward spiral and back to that transition period again. Somewhere where the Cowboys have been for a few years now ... :D

I missed the TO problems as that was during my 'break' from the NFL ... but my understanding is that he was/is a bit of a cock ;)

elliott 16-01-2009 01:49 PM

By the way guys, if the BBS goes down for a few hours or days, it'll probably be my bad...

My weapon of mass destruction should never be waved (particularly in public) or all hell will break loose. Fortunately I've manage to restrain myself recently and kept my little monster fully sheathed.

jazman 16-01-2009 01:52 PM

Got an email from NFLUK confirming that Club Wembley tickets are available. They are on Ticketmaster already. I assume that these are over inflated prices for not much extra?

pauldrulez 16-01-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
You misunderstand what I meant - it wasn't just a Cassel thing.

Imagine if two thirds of my responses to other people on this thread were "Well, that's a good achivement. Just not as good as when the Miami Dolphins/ Miami O/ Miami D/ Chad Pennington/ Tony Sparano did it."

That's willy waving. :)

I wouldn't mind...

:o

ardeo 16-01-2009 02:00 PM

Jazman - Well it pretty much ruined the next season for us as he blamed McNabb for us not winning the superbowl and McNabb retaliated by blaming him, it split the team and that combined with McNabb's injuries has kept us out of the NFC championship game sine then.

saxoneagle 16-01-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Madness ..... ;)

Groan... :D

Strathclyde Eagle 16-01-2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Good call about the Eagles. Something they appear to have struggled with and still do if I'm honest as a outsider looking in ...

Nothing wrong with keeping some flexibility in terms of payroll and the cap (probably part of the reason why the Eagles have been consistently one of the better teams in the NFC over the past decade), something where the Pats excelled in terms of making tough decisions. However to leave themselves short where they had a clear need was largely criticised.

However, the NFL has led the way in showing how to provide equal opportunity of success to its participants.

Can't find anything in regard to individual team profit levels as yet. :(

Strathclyde Eagle 16-01-2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Jazman - Well it pretty much ruined the next season for us as he blamed McNabb for us not winning the superbowl and McNabb retaliated by blaming him, it split the team and that combined with McNabb's injuries has kept us out of the NFC championship game sine then.

How did it split the team? Just about everyone saw that TO was to blame, and there wasn't much complaint when he was finally suspended by the team (which I'm pretty sure was Reid's call). He's come full circle in Dallas, the idiot can't help himself.

jazman 16-01-2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Jazman - Well it pretty much ruined the next season for us as he blamed McNabb for us not winning the superbowl and McNabb retaliated by blaming him, it split the team and that combined with McNabb's injuries has kept us out of the NFC championship game sine then.

Why does that not suprise me? I really wouldn't be suprised if he did not return to Dallas ... but do they have the guts to do it is the question ...

jazman 16-01-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
However, the NFL has led the way in showing how to provide equal opportunity of success to its participants

That is the attraction for sure

jazman 16-01-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Groan... :D

What the hell are you doing there? :o

Strathclyde Eagle 16-01-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Why does that not suprise me? I really wouldn't be suprised if he did not return to Dallas ... but do they have the guts to do it is the question ...

The article Paul posted the other day seemed to suggest that Jerry Jones seems to like the challenge of policing all the egos there. :eek:

jazman 16-01-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
The article Paul posted the other day seemed to suggest that Jerry Jones seems to like the challenge of policing all the egos there. :eek:

Yes, this season's project was Pacman. And look how that turned out?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.