CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

AddiscombeEagle 16-01-2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
Good.

Thug.

That he may be, but he will still be a big loss.

Benzhiyi 16-01-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddiscombeEagle
That he may be, but he will still be a big loss.

I like what the Ravens are doing and think he's a great player, but an underhand thug at the same time. Was great seeing Jake Long fearlessly wade in on him when he tried to take liberties with a prone Ronnie Brown. (Fnar fnar.) Getting crocked last week was his comeuppance.

Strathclyde Eagle 16-01-2009 03:27 PM

And he was the same guy who said about there being a bounty on Hines Ward. Oh, the irony.

pauldrulez 16-01-2009 03:32 PM

I'd like to point out Joey Porter for off-field stuff.

And Vince Wilfork for on-field stuff.

Both thugs. Although the way his health seems to be and the health problems within his family, I worry for Wilfork.

Although not on the level of Suggs, there are a lot of thugs on the defensive side of the ball and you have to play mean to play the game nowadays.

saxoneagle 16-01-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
And he was the same guy who said about there being a bounty on Hines Ward. Oh, the irony.

He was talking about a coconut chocolatey bar.

jj62255 16-01-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
Good.

Thug.

My sentiments exactly, serves the twat. I couldn't believe what they were doing to Chris Johnson last week when he was on the ground, they were deliberately trying to injure him, dirty scum :veryangry

jlmatthews 16-01-2009 04:21 PM

Cant wait for Ravens Steelers.

AddiscombeEagle 16-01-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj62255
My sentiments exactly, serves the twat. I couldn't believe what they were doing to Chris Johnson last week when he was on the ground, they were deliberately trying to injure him, dirty scum :veryangry

Yeah, they had him virtually folded in two at one stage.

Him getting injured did probably make all the difference in the end mind, happens in every sport though, if a players better than you, what’s the great leveller?

Not saying it’s right but when stakes are high………

Bellyman 16-01-2009 04:46 PM

Right does anyone know if there is a place in essex that will show the Super Bowl?

Benzhiyi 16-01-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj62255

Yep, I knew he'd done something in last week's game to make me think even less of him, but couldn't remember the specific example. It was exactly that - basically trying to brake Johnson's back by bending his body in a different direction when a play was over. Just despicable.

nookiebear 16-01-2009 06:48 PM

3 Jason Taylor $8,305,760 :sob: (and two draft picks) :sob:
55 Chris Horton $331,516

If those numbers aren't an advert for the draft over free agency I don't know what is.

Skins could learn a lot from the likes of the Ravens and Patriots, when it comes to salaries

Benzhiyi 16-01-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nookiebear

:lux: :lux: :lux: :lux:

Thanks, honey. :love:

Strathclyde Eagle 16-01-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nookiebear

And here's what it gets you:

http://bleacherreport.com/images_roo...bc_feature.jpg

And he wondered why Parcells wouldn't speak to him. Frankly it is amazing we got anything for him. Thank you, Mr Snyder.

P.S. I still love him for the things he did as a Fin, especially the Monday night upset against the Pats. Darned if I can find a non-Getty photo of it though. :(

pauldrulez 16-01-2009 10:07 PM

Congratulations to Miami on that deal :eek:

I still like my comparison of the Cowboys front office (Jerry Jones basically) and the combined prowess of Belioli.

Roy Williams. 1st, 3rd and 6th.

2008 statistics with Cowboys. 10 GAMES. 19 receptions, 198 yards and a TD

Wes Welker and Randy Moss. 2nd, 4th and 7th.

2007 statistics with the Patriots. 16 GAMES. 220 receptions, 2668 yards, 31 TDs.

What a deal for the Cowboys.

Who is better of the Roy Williams. The hated Safety by every Cowboy fan I have asked, or the Wide Receiver averaging under 2 receptions a game?

Strathclyde Eagle 16-01-2009 10:42 PM

I can think of plenty of ways to describe that Detroit-Dallas trade, only none that I'll look back on without regret in about a week's time. Let's just say it was the highlight of the Lions season, and a possible building block towards 2-14 next year. Good luck with that, Jim Schwartz.

Hang on, you compared that with the Patriots! I didn't see that coming. ;)

BTW, I haven't seen this yet (I keep the volume off on my laptop) but here's Pacman's interview from last week where he talks about his love of "scrip clubs".

pauldrulez 16-01-2009 10:48 PM

I couldn't think of a better or closer trade to go with.

Looking forward to Sunday.

I'm having the underdogs in both.

One thing that I noticed in the Giants-Eagles match was Asante jumping the route for an interception and getting it wrong.

A receiver other than Steve Smith (the worse one) would have caught that and been gone down the field for a TD.

So against Boldin, Fitz and Breaston. He has to be careful.

Zona have to watch Westbrook obviously, but Dansby must get to McNabb a lot of the time.

I like the matchup of Jackson and Rodgers-Cromartie if they line up together as that will be interesting with both being quick, both rookies and both have had decent seasons.

elliott 16-01-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I couldn't think of a better or closer trade to go with.

:rolleyes:

saxoneagle 16-01-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Congratulations to Miami on that deal :eek:

I still like my comparison of the Cowboys front office (Jerry Jones basically) and the combined prowess of Belioli.

Roy Williams. 1st, 3rd and 6th.

2008 statistics with Cowboys. 10 GAMES. 19 receptions, 198 yards and a TD

Wes Welker and Randy Moss. 2nd, 4th and 7th.

2007 statistics with the Patriots. 16 GAMES. 220 receptions, 2668 yards, 31 TDs.

What a deal for the Cowboys.

Who is better of the Roy Williams. The hated Safety by every Cowboy fan I have asked, or the Wide Receiver averaging under 2 receptions a game?

Wow, more willy waving.

jazman 16-01-2009 11:34 PM

Start to turn into a bit of a cock fest in here .. ;)

I have made my feelings known on here already about the trade for Roy Williams. Most sensible people on here know it was a desperate move that really was not needed, and smacks of complete stupidity. There is no comparison to make.

pauldrulez 16-01-2009 11:42 PM

I struggle to see why he was needed.

TO has to have 20 passes thrown at him again.

Witten, Barber and Crayton/Austin make do with everything else.

Unless, TO is off as reported on that story above.

And to suit you all, I wont mention the Patriots unless it is relevant news or something that proves me right... ;)

I like how no-one picked up on my mini preview for the NFC game on Sunday.

Onto the AFC, I think I said my thoughts on how it will be won already. Steelers must stop the run.
Ravens must stop the run which they do anyway.

Both teams need pressure on the QB. I wont be shocked to see Ray Lewis flattening Roethlisberger, possibly drawing a flag. If they hit Roethlisberger multiple times, they win.

If either team establishes the run, the Play Action passes wins this game.

My flag is on the Ravens side of the game for the win.

And a Cardinals-Ravens Superbowl beckons.