CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Strathclyde Eagle 05-06-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
The one year he had TO (when in a playing mood), McNabb got them to the Superbowl and was driving for a tying field goal despite being sick at various times.

Wasn't that final "drive" just one play - the Harrison interception to end the game?

pauldrulez 06-06-2009 10:00 AM

Well.

It was a drive that would have won the game if he hadn't thrown it to Rodders.

But pretty sure it was thrown on 3rd down?

jazman 09-06-2009 08:01 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Sad news, 39 is no age .... :( RIP.

pauldrulez 09-06-2009 08:09 PM

Echo what you say.

39 is no age at all.

RIP.

jazman 09-06-2009 08:11 PM

Always sad to hear such news whatever team he played for

jazman 09-06-2009 08:23 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

I like this new dawn at Dallas if it is to be believed. Certainly, the players that have been released and aquired back it up to a certain extent. Looking forward to seeing how things pan out when the season gets underway ...

On a side note ... boy, does the Arlington Stadium look a blinder!! :p

pauldrulez 09-06-2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Always sad to hear such news whatever team he played for

Has nothing to do with it for me. I wasn't watching the sport then so not really sure who he is if i'm honest. But its just sad seeing players/people of that age dying. Waste of a life.

RIP again.

Swanny32 09-06-2009 11:45 PM

Puts life in to contex, such a shame but he is in a better place now. RIP

jazman 10-06-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Has nothing to do with it for me. I wasn't watching the sport then so not really sure who he is if i'm honest. But its just sad seeing players/people of that age dying. Waste of a life.

RIP again.

What do you mean has nothing to do with it for you? It wasn't a snipe I made Paul, just from experience I find some people don't have the same sentiments when it's a player from a team they don't support or even from rivals. Minority I know ...

You talk as though you have so many years of experience in the game ... so what you are saying here is that you took an interest when teh Pats started winning Superbowls, not when they lost the GB .... ;)

ardeo 10-06-2009 01:55 PM

The worry for me this season for the Eagles is defence. We will be capable of putting up plenty of points looking at who we have drafted in, and building on McNabb, Westbrook, Jackson and Celek. Not sure how we will do defensively now, Dawkins is a big loss, and although Samuel is good, his interceptions and returns make him look better than he actually is. Don't think our secondary is going to be good enough to let Jim Johnson blitz teams a great deal this year :(.

That's my feeling anyway, hopefully the D will step up again this year.

ardeo 10-06-2009 02:00 PM

Just seen Jim Johnson is on indefinite leave due to a cancerous tumour on his tumour. Wish him well and hope that he gets better soon as he's such an important part of the team/franchise etc

pauldrulez 10-06-2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
What do you mean has nothing to do with it for you? It wasn't a snipe I made Paul, just from experience I find some people don't have the same sentiments when it's a player from a team they don't support or even from rivals. Minority I know ...

You talk as though you have so many years of experience in the game ... so what you are saying here is that you took an interest when teh Pats started winning Superbowls, not when they lost the GB .... ;)

I know, just that on other sites, people decided to take offence when I posted it saying stuff about Pats (cheaters etc). So I thought i'd just respond like a biatch really lol.

And of course, didn't everybody ;) :afro:

pauldrulez 10-06-2009 02:08 PM

And good luck to Jim Johnson, hope he recovers and comes back with his great schemes.

Swanny32 10-06-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
The worry for me this season for the Eagles is defence. We will be capable of putting up plenty of points looking at who we have drafted in, and building on McNabb, Westbrook, Jackson and Celek. Not sure how we will do defensively now, Dawkins is a big loss, and although Samuel is good, his interceptions and returns make him look better than he actually is. Don't think our secondary is going to be good enough to let Jim Johnson blitz teams a great deal this year :(.

That's my feeling anyway, hopefully the D will step up again this year.

I think you'll be suprised at the defence this year, Dawkins was getting on and we didn't have much choice but to let him go, he can't take too many hits now and his game was slowing up big time towards the end of last season. I was chatting to some fella at Disney on one of my regular smoke breaks and he reckoned that we had a young Safety who was pysically miles better than Dawkins, was quick, had good awareness and knew how to intercept the ball, unfortunately the name of the bloke escapes my memory at the moment but the guy I was chatting to rated him really highly.

My main concern is establishing out and out WR for McNabb to hit time and time again, we are still lacking a TO, Moss, Fitzgerald kind of player and for a team as big as Philly you would expect us to have one if not two superb wide receivers. Hopefully, like I was chatting to Paul about last week, Andy Reid will take Desean off kick returns and stick him out wide, him along with the new draftee Jez Maclin, could potentially be a frightening combo I just hope they rub a couple of brain cells together and try it out at least once. We also have Marcus Thigpen, I don't know a great deal about him but could be the unknown players this year who drag us through to the playoffs.

pauldrulez 10-06-2009 04:17 PM

I'd just like to point out, that Rex Ryan is a nob.

That is all.

Latvian Eagle 10-06-2009 04:32 PM

Are the Pats in Red all season or just select games?

Jags new jerseys look smart! :p

pauldrulez 10-06-2009 04:43 PM

4 throwback games.

2 in red. 2 in white. 1960/61 styled shirts.

I like the Broncos throwback one.

jazman 10-06-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

And good luck to Jim Johnson, hope he recovers and comes back with his great schemes.

I'll 3rd that. Hope he gets well soon.

jazman 10-06-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

I know, just that on other sites, people decided to take offence when I posted it saying stuff about Pats (cheaters etc). So I thought i'd just respond like a biatch really lol.

And of course, didn't everybody ;) :afro:

You get some right tools on these sites don't you? ;)

pauldrulez 10-06-2009 10:11 PM

:D

Starting with me and you ;)

Going back to what I said earlier.

The war of words started by Rex Ryan towards the Patriots and Dolphins has escalated again.
Channing Crowder responded last week.
Ryan said something last night about not knowing who Crowder is.
Crowder then said "Nice to know he hasn't gameplanned properly" or something to that effect.
And then Belichick said something wise, that really had nothing to do with the situation ;)

I really hate the Jets and no way I select one in our Fantasy game.