CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

jazman 11-11-2009 04:53 PM

I will, don't you worry

pauldrulez 11-11-2009 11:25 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...chick-mic-d-up

I love watching Belichick in action.

Real classy what he says to Jason Taylor at the end as well.

Worth watching just to see how the defenses are worked on by coaches.

Up there with the Singletary one as being best one so far this season.

Note the great moment of Henne calling a timeout with none left. Great work by Bill and the Safetys on the timing of it.

elliott 12-11-2009 06:35 PM

bill belichick in class shocker???

it takes more than that to get me to like the alex ferguson of the NFL. At least Weis developed some class since he left the Pats. Can't fault him that at all.

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 12-11-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott
bill belichick in class shocker???

it takes more than that to get me to like the alex ferguson of the NFL. At least Weis developed some class since he left the Pats. Can't fault him that at all.

Well said Elliot! Give the Pats and Paul a bit more grief and hopefully he will revert to type and stop licking our friendly Cowgirl's a##es! :lux: :p

pauldrulez 12-11-2009 08:29 PM

I agree with Elliott. Belichick is a miserable, miserable man. Or so it seems. When you see him when he doesn't appear to know he's being videoed, he's a very genuine guy. Who was devoted to his father. The Patriots haven't won a Superbowl since his father died and it's well known that he really wanted to dedicate one to his Dad Steve.

He's also liked by some of the classier players in the NFL. Tony Gonzalez is one example. They loved having him at the ProBowl as their coach in 06/07 and he apparently showed a different side to both media and players.

But, on the exterior he appears to be an ass. So does Neil Warnock. You love them when their your coach. You hate them when their not.

And it says a lot that it's one of the few places where the coach would outshine the Future HoF'er QB. In most places the coach would kill the QB for popularity.

You can keep bringing the grief Eagles boy. You're finishing 3rd in that division.

Strathclyde Eagle 12-11-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
You can keep bringing the grief Eagles boy. You're finishing 3rd in that division.

The Giants are in free fall, so stop teasing Nookiebear like that. ;)

We're trying to get him back on this thread, after all.

pauldrulez 12-11-2009 08:46 PM

He should be crowing about his victory over me in Fantasy.

I'm firmly concentrating on picks and other leagues now :D

pauldrulez 12-11-2009 10:04 PM

My 3 bets for the evening

Anytime Touchdown
Michael Crabtree @ 9/5 Paddy Power

Anytime Touchdown
Greg Olsen @ 7/4 Paddy Power

First Touchdown Type (Pass/Run/D/ST)
Run @ 9/5 Ladbrokes.

elliott 12-11-2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

I agree with Elliott. Belichick is a miserable, miserable man. Or so it seems. When you see him when he doesn't appear to know he's being videoed, he's a very genuine guy. Who was devoted to his father. The Patriots haven't won a Superbowl since his father died and it's well known that he really wanted to dedicate one to his Dad Steve.

He's also liked by some of the classier players in the NFL. Tony Gonzalez is one example. They loved having him at the ProBowl as their coach in 06/07 and he apparently showed a different side to both media and players.

But, on the exterior he appears to be an ass. So does Neil Warnock. You love them when their your coach. You hate them when their not.

And it says a lot that it's one of the few places where the coach would outshine the Future HoF'er QB. In most places the coach would kill the QB for popularity.

Sorry Paul, defend him all you want, I don't buy that at all.

He's acted like a twat on numerous occasions in the past few years. I'll stick with that.

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 12-11-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Boy ......... boy :confused: I was supporting the Philly Eagles before you were even born Pal! :o :D ;)

pauldrulez 12-11-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott
Sorry Paul, defend him all you want, I don't buy that at all.

He's acted like a twat on numerous occasions in the past few years. I'll stick with that.

Which bits don't you buy?

Fair enough he can act like a twat at times, but he's not as bad as he is made out.

pauldrulez 12-11-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
Boy ......... boy :confused: I was supporting the Philly Eagles before you were even born Pal! :o :D ;)

Sorry.

Son.

pauldrulez 12-11-2009 10:46 PM

http://thenastyboys.files.wordpress..../belichick.jpg

:lux:

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 12-11-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Sorry.

Son.

Thats alright

Dad :) ;)

jazman 12-11-2009 10:59 PM

OMG. You're both still at it ... :eek:

pauldrulez 12-11-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
Thats alright

Dad :) ;)

No problem kiddo.

pauldrulez 12-11-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
OMG. You're both still at it ... :eek:

Well the Cowboys fans can't argue properly, so I thought i'd do it and represent the AFC while i'm at it.

jazman 12-11-2009 11:03 PM

Oh how to make friends and alienate people ...

pauldrulez 12-11-2009 11:11 PM

:p

This is the NFL, there are no friends when it comes to sports when they don't support your team.

Weeks 1 through 17 and the playoffs, we are all after the same thing. The upper hand in any argument, be it through winning a match or anything else.

Start of February onwards, then we can be normal again :p

jazman 12-11-2009 11:18 PM

What is normal? Remind me .. ;)