CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Vince Hilaire's Afro 02-12-2009 12:43 PM

And I seem to remember a De Niro movie where he was fixated with a football player, and was going to shoot him with a sniper rifle.

I could be imagining it though. You see, I've reached the age where I've started to collect too much data to store in my head, and everything's going to shit.

Swanny32 02-12-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
And I seem to remember a De Niro movie where he was fixated with a football player, and was going to shoot him with a sniper rifle.

I could be imagining it though. You see, I've reached the age where I've started to collect too much data to store in my head, and everything's going to shit.

Are you thinking of The Fan? That was about baseball though

Vince Hilaire's Afro 02-12-2009 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Are you thinking of The Fan? That was about baseball though

You see? I've managed to be both right, and wrong, in the same post. Pure genius.

Swanny32 02-12-2009 01:02 PM

And it wasn't a sniper rifle, it was knives

jazman 02-12-2009 01:09 PM

Are there any games on tomorrow night and if so who?

Swanny32 02-12-2009 01:10 PM

Jets @ Bills tonight

Swanny32 02-12-2009 01:15 PM

Correction, tomorrow night is Jets @ Bills, I'm a day ahead of myself at the moment.

jazman 02-12-2009 01:19 PM

Cheers ... although I'm not staying up for that!

Swanny32 02-12-2009 01:21 PM

Doesn't exactly shout out "Classic" does it. Mind you the Bills seem to be picking themselves up of late.

Swanny32 02-12-2009 01:44 PM

Im on twitter now as well, who is there worth following?

jazman 02-12-2009 01:50 PM

I only joined yesterday. I've found the likes of Romo, Lance Armstrong, Rich Eissen, Deion Sanders ... plenty of others to mention ... need to spend some more time on it ...

Swanny32 02-12-2009 02:25 PM

I did a search on google and found this site....

http://twitter-athletes.com/index.cfm?CatID=2&People=1

It's got loads and loads of NFL players on there as well as other sports, I added Ochocino, Fitzgerald, DJax, also found Stewart Bradley and Brent Celek (Woooo 6 more years!) as well as some of my favourite golfers.

pauldrulez 02-12-2009 03:20 PM

Rich Eisen.

Schefter and La Canfora are excellent.

Ocho, Chris Johnson, Larry Fitz.

Some guy called patriotscpfc is good as well ;)

BenjiWilson is Benzhiyi
toneboy is Strathers

Swanny32 02-12-2009 03:54 PM

Is there an official Twitter app for the iPhone?

pauldrulez 02-12-2009 04:01 PM

TweetDeck and Twitteriffic are the 2 that I use on my iPod Touch

jazman 02-12-2009 04:56 PM

Added a few. Thanks.

Swanny32 02-12-2009 05:08 PM

Nice shiny new 6 year contract for one of our unsung players of the season Brent Celek, only 24 so this latest contract should see him finishing his career with us which I'm more than happy about, one of my favourite players at the moment.

pauldrulez 02-12-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Added a few. Thanks.

Try Fake Al Davis as well.

Always good for a few laughs.

I'll think of a few more when I get home.

pauldrulez 02-12-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Nice shiny new 6 year contract for one of our unsung players of the season Brent Celek, only 24 so this latest contract should see him finishing his career with us which I'm more than happy about, one of my favourite players at the moment.

I like him. Looks very accomplished for a young player.

Swanny32 02-12-2009 05:28 PM

There is no "the big I am" with him, he's a good professional and a quality player who just puts his head down and gets on with it. Good at blocking, good at receiving and knows where the end zone is.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.