CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Dave Nunn 03-12-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
Aaaaddrrrrriiiaaaannnnn! :lux: :lux: ;)

Cheers mate! :p

Bring back Papa Lazarou, you traitor! :moo:

pauldrulez 03-12-2009 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
First blog posted. Feel free to have a read and let me know your thoughts ...

http://jaytheeagle.blogspot.com/

:p

Like it.

It's your blog, bang on about what ever you want.

I'll read blogs whatever.

And remember the gracious shots at me like Ben used to on his blog and does in his Fantasy reports.

Which reminds me, must set team while I listen to Fantasy Lowedown on Patriots.com (drops plug for show, hint,hint)

Dave Nunn 03-12-2009 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Ward is a dirty player with a shit attitude towards his teammates.

If he plays hurt, that's his choice. But other players want to be able to walk and talk when their career is over.

Of course he's a dirty player! He's a roid taking Stooler! :p

Woof Woof - Go Brownies! :moo:

pauldrulez 03-12-2009 10:19 PM

Yeah, Steelers are all dirty cheats.

Apart from Polamalu and Big Ben.

I respect them.

I lost all respect for Harrison in the Superbowl.

Yes, he took a INT 100 yards for a score.

He also beat the shit out of a Cardinal when no refs were looking. And because it was after the ball was punted, it meant nothing. A 1 yard penalty as the ball was downed at the 2.

He should have been ejected for it.

jazman 03-12-2009 10:22 PM

Quote:

Like it.

It's your blog, bang on about what ever you want.

I'll read blogs whatever.

And remember the gracious shots at me like Ben used to on his blog and does in his Fantasy reports.

Which reminds me, must set team while I listen to Fantasy Lowedown on Patriots.com (drops plug for show, hint,hint)

Cheers fella. Appreciate your comments... I get what you mean. Would just be nice to know people read it otherwise what's the point ... :D

Don't worry, when I get going I will take some swipes, that's for sure ;)

pauldrulez 03-12-2009 10:28 PM

Agreed.

And give us some Dallas columns, i'm sure our Eggles fans will like them.

I do warn you, I have a great Romo picture i've made for if he fails in December again. ;)

pauldrulez 03-12-2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Nunn
Of course he's a dirty player! He's a roid taking Stooler! :p

Woof Woof - Go Brownies! :moo:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vCqNV5lcY4...ngini_fail.jpg

Please get rid of him.

It's your only chance.

AddiscombeEagle 03-12-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Yeah, Steelers are all dirty cheats.

Apart from Polamalu and Big Ben.

I respect them.

I lost all respect for Harrison in the Superbowl.

Yes, he took a INT 100 yards for a score.

He also beat the shit out of a Cardinal when no refs were looking. And because it was after the ball was punted, it meant nothing. A 1 yard penalty as the ball was downed at the 2.

He should have been ejected for it.

Couldn't agree more with all of that post.

jazman 03-12-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Agreed.

And give us some Dallas columns, i'm sure our Eggles fans will like them.

I do warn you, I have a great Romo picture i've made for if he fails in December again. ;)

Of course .. I will mix it in somewhere along the line ... :p

Strathclyde Eagle 03-12-2009 11:37 PM

Quote:

Not a chance would he have been anywhere near the top 10 this year.

Bradford, McCoy and Tebow (to the Jags, to sell tickets) are 3 that would have gone ahead of him if they'd come out last year.

Other see more College Football than I do. Clausen from Notre Dame, how is he looking for the Draft? I saw that he was likely coming out as a Junior.

Clausen should declare for the draft. He was one of ND's few bright spots and isn't going to get better for him next year.

I've seen Jake Locker ahead of him in mock drafts, which puzzles me, I must admit. He's hardly set the world alight at Washington.

Bradford's stock has gone down in similar fashion to Leinart's a few years ago, but due to injury rather than anything else. Two shoulder injuries will lead to questions about his ability to remain injury free.
Quote:

The guy I liked coming into this year was Jevan Snead from Ole Miss, but he's had a few shocking games that i've watched.

Ain't that the truth.

Not sure there's another QB I've seen who's really stood out to me as a likely NFL starter as yet. Lots of bowl games ahead though. At this time last year I couldn't have told you who Josh Freeman was for instance, will be interesting to see who bubbles up.

Strathclyde Eagle 03-12-2009 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
OK, I'm trying to be enthusiastic about Twitter, and I'm trying to use it to try and get into it but I'm failing miserably, I just don't get it.

http://twitter.com/Si_peterking

If you haven't already. Very well connected.

jazman 03-12-2009 11:54 PM

Thanks Strathers. Added. :p

Hilarious seeing TO tweet Ocho :D

pauldrulez 04-12-2009 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Clausen should declare for the draft. He was one of ND's few bright spots and isn't going to get better for him next year.

I've seen Jake Locker ahead of him in mock drafts, which puzzles me, I must admit. He's hardly set the world alight at Washington.

Bradford's stock has gone down in similar fashion to Leinart's a few years ago, but due to injury rather than anything else. Two shoulder injuries will lead to questions about his ability to remain injury free.

Ain't that the truth.

Not sure there's another QB I've seen who's really stood out to me as a likely NFL starter as yet. Lots of bowl games ahead though. At this time last year I couldn't have told you who Josh Freeman was for instance, will be interesting to see who bubbles up.

I don't see a huge amount as my ESPN subscription ended up pointless and I gave up pretty quickly. I couldn't find the time to watch all the games. Especially with Palace and NFL and going out etc.

I've seen a few games on my nights in since September.

You know me, not legally of course. Which means I miss out on a bit, but that's life.

I enjoy College Football, especially the bowl games. Very good to watch for the future in the NFL. Recommended to those who want to learn a bit about the draft as well.

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 04-12-2009 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Nunn
Bring back Papa Lazarou, you traitor! :moo:

Hello Dave, Wanna buy some pegs!!!!!!! :clown: :hi:

jazman 04-12-2009 09:49 AM

Just pimping the R&R recap show this week. Excellent.

An interception is now known as a Delhomme

A missed catch by a WR is now know as a Roy 'Alligator Arms' Williams

:D

pauldrulez 04-12-2009 12:02 PM

Refusing to look at any posts until I get home.

Bills 3-0 Jets when I left.
Bills FG, Jets 3 and out, Bills 3 and out.

Hoping for an entertaining game.....

Swanny32 04-12-2009 12:08 PM

GO JETS!!

jazman 04-12-2009 12:19 PM

I don't know the score either ... not really that bothered by either of them ...

sLlll 04-12-2009 12:42 PM

Mr Jaz. I hope that Rangers logo is just for your second baseball team ;)

jazman 04-12-2009 12:47 PM

To be honest, I've had no affiliation with the Yankees other than a few baseball caps and a jacket. Rarely followed baseball and now that I'm getting into it I thought I'd do the right thing and go with the whole location ... hence the Rangers ... :p Will always have a soft spot for the Yankees as I will for the Canadiens in NHL