CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Strathclyde Eagle 28-12-2009 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
More like it goes straight into Roy Williams hands, he runs out of the end-zone. Horsecollars the ref and falls flat on his arse into the endzone for a safety to make it 19-19 :sob:

:D

I'd love to think of some kind of joke about his relationship with Kelly Rowland, but it would end up sounding too much like domestic abuse and not enough about his inability to tackle. Let's just say that he's going to be a starter for the Jags next year and leave it at that (nice tackle on Sammy Morris today Mr Nelson, making a habit of that it looks like).

Strathclyde Eagle 28-12-2009 01:47 AM

For a fun five minutes, Google "Reggie Nelson tackle". I love the name of the Facebook group about this. :D

Swanny32 28-12-2009 01:48 AM

Get on with it I wanna go to bed! Feeling like arse!

Dave Nunn 28-12-2009 01:48 AM

Well done Eagles! :p

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 28-12-2009 01:49 AM

PHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lux:

saxoneagle 28-12-2009 01:49 AM

Come on D!

saxoneagle 28-12-2009 01:49 AM

Boo

Swanny32 28-12-2009 01:49 AM

Bring on Ben for 3rd place game next week!

Swanny32 28-12-2009 01:50 AM

Well, It's been a pleasure once more, speak to you lot during the week. Bedtime! WOOOO

ardeo 28-12-2009 01:50 AM

Yea i'll prob start watching cowgirls now.

Impressed that we have won some close games recently, had been about 3 years since we had won a close game (less than 6 points).

Think that bodes well for some tough playoff games, if nothing else from tonight does.

Anyone know why people lateral it off the kick return rather than taking the tackle and havin a hail mary attempt?

And because i cant be bothered to post in the other thread - yay i'm in the fantasy football final!

pauldrulez 28-12-2009 01:54 AM

Today, he should have taken the tackle and left a second on the clock.

If you get the ball at the 50, then a hail mary is a good idea.

Behind that, you are more likely to have 2 or 3 laterals and get a pass to a quick guy who goes down the sideline for 6.

Laterals is bad against the 11 Special Teams guys. They are all quick and will shut down the whole field. Almost impossible.

Anyone fancy a new jersey?

http://www.coltsproshoponline.com/im...2865_large.jpg

$200. Authentic and all.

elliott 28-12-2009 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo

Anyone know why people lateral it off the kick return rather than taking the tackle and havin a hail mary attempt?

Because they're idiots and people do bonehead things without thinking about realistic chances. It's because its 'what you do'. People are so unimaginative (and so sheepish) its incredible.

But... in this instance, I fancy your chances about as much as in a hail mary, depending on whether your team has practiced a return. If they have, it doesn't take much to break down lane discipline, and find yourself a few blocks and break it to the house. Without practice (and luck) its difficult. Hail Mary is all about luck. You need a very cheeky rebound/penalty call. At least a fun return gives a chance for your non-moron player to show their football insight and make some key open field blocks.

God I hate sportsmen. Am I really that cynical? It's probably the reason that I can actually watch and support USNA in absolutely everything they do. They are sensible, nice guys, trying their absolute hardest. Not primadonna wanker thick as shit selfish morons.

*PS - I went to watch Chelsea yesterday. That's inspired some of this entirely needless, random rage.

elliott 28-12-2009 01:56 AM

I nearly bought a Painter jersey a few years ago. It was between that and wotsit from CMich. LeFevour.

pauldrulez 28-12-2009 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott
Because they're idiots and people do bonehead things without thinking about realistic chances. It's because its 'what you do'. People are so unimaginative (and so sheepish) its incredible.

But... in this instance, I fancy your chances about as much as in a hail mary, depending on whether your team has practiced a return. If they have, it doesn't take much to break down lane discipline, and find yourself a few blocks and break it to the house. Without practice (and luck) its difficult. Hail Mary is all about luck. You need a very cheeky rebound/penalty call. At least a fun return gives a chance for your non-moron player to show their football insight and make some key open field blocks.

God I hate sportsmen. Am I really that cynical? It's probably the reason that I can actually watch and support USNA in absolutely everything they do. They are sensible, nice guys, trying their absolute hardest. Not primadonna wanker thick as shit selfish morons.

*PS - I went to watch Chelsea yesterday. That's inspired some of this entirely needless, random rage.

Don't blame you. Chelsea make my blood boil.

Can Kyle Orton throw a 60 yard bomb?

With Marshall up there, it could have been worth a chance thinking about it.

Strathclyde Eagle 28-12-2009 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
And because i cant be bothered to post in the other thread - yay i'm in the fantasy football final!

:p

P.S. Purdue QBs - more QBs than any other Uni apparently (iffy source, but still), but I think JLM said about Painter when a mock draft had him going to the Bears. He's not a fan.

elliott 28-12-2009 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Don't blame you. Chelsea make my blood boil.

Can Kyle Orton throw a 60 yard bomb?

With Marshall up there, it could have been worth a chance thinking about it.

But with 8 of their players back there, I can guarantee that Marshall wouldn't catch the ball. At best, if you can form a crowd, one of your players may get a bat down or tip.

elliott 28-12-2009 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
:p

P.S. Purdue QBs - more QBs than any other Uni apparently (iffy source, but still), but I think JLM said about Painter when a mock draft had him going to the Bears. He's not a fan.

What's the stat?

elliott 28-12-2009 02:09 AM

Oh, and before I forget, congratulations to Gries, Kooch, Zonk, Larry, Merc, Manny, Dick, Jake, The Boss and any other of those sad miserable, cynical old men who treasure holding onto what they managed all those years ago. I'll raise my glass with you guys.

Welcome to Perfectville. Established 1972. Population 1.

pauldrulez 28-12-2009 02:11 AM

Yep.

Plus, you have to protect Orton for a good 5/6 seconds.

The best play I have seen was at the end of the half by the Panthers when we faced them.

Moore threw short to Muhammed on a curl, Steve Smith was streaking on a crossing route and took the lateral 60 yards before being knocked out inside the 10.

It completely caught them off-guard. Tough to do on a end-game lateral though as all the players will be back.

I wonder if a flea-flicker type play would work. Toss it out wide, he laterals it back to the RB, back to Orton, deep to Marshall and Intercepted...

Today though, he probably could have taken the hit and let the Offense get on and lateral.

Out of interest, on a kickoff return, can all 11 players be involved in the laterals? As I know only the QB and 5 receivers can be involved on an offensive play.

My mind is too frazzled to deal with this right now anyway.

Laterals are the way to go, even though they rarely work. Or at least not when I watch.

pauldrulez 28-12-2009 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott
Oh, and before I forget, congratulations to Gries, Kooch, Zonk, Larry, Merc, Manny, Dick, Jake, The Boss and any other of those sad miserable, cynical old men who treasure holding onto what they managed all those years ago. I'll raise my glass with you guys.

Welcome to Perfectville. Established 1972. Population 1.

Where was Mercury this year anyway?

I remember him being nice and vocal at when the Pats were 11-0 onwards.

He's an entertaining guy.