CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

peagle 28-12-2009 10:04 PM

Just registered my intent to buy International Series tickets for next year. Go do it NOW!

pauldrulez 28-12-2009 10:13 PM

That was what everyone was expecting it to be, to be honest.

Dunno why they moved a Bengals game that they will rest their stars (if Jets win, they play Bengals in wild-card weekend) and the winner gets to face Indy rather than the streaking Chargers.

I really like Miles Austin, he seems to enjoy the game. Is he ever not smiling?

pauldrulez 28-12-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peagle
Just registered my intent to buy International Series tickets for next year. Go do it NOW!

Already done it.

jazman 28-12-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I really like Miles Austin, he seems to enjoy the game. Is he ever not smiling?

He has one almighty set of teeth there .... he seems to have an addictive enthusiasm for the game. Great to see him emerge this season ... it was always going to be one of him, Crayton or Hurd. But keep an eye on rookie Ogletree. I think he looks something special. Personally, the jury is still out on Williams for me right now.

pauldrulez 28-12-2009 11:29 PM

Williams must be the most frustrating player.

He makes some unbelievable catches but drops simple outs and slants. To me, he doesn't run the routes full on like a lot of receivers do. He runs the route, but doesn't work the separation on the Corner.

I like Ogletree, his effort I've seen is like someone trying to make a team in pre-season. Full effort and he made an amazing catch the other week.

jazman 28-12-2009 11:34 PM

I think Williams is purely in there for the experience as we have very little in that position ... and maybe something to do with what we exchanged him for last season. Like you say, he is very frustrating ... but I am glad to see him step up just like the rest of the team in the last couple of games.

Brooking has to be the signing for us this season. He is proving to be the leader that we were missing. Anyone who saw the Five coverage last night would have seen his pre match 'hakka' ...

Ogletree has popped up all over the place this season, more the second half of the season and later on in games. He's also taken punt returns from Crayton and Jones on a few occasions ...

Free was immense for the defense last night, but very hard to pick one out for special mention as they were all on fine form. Anyone see that hit on Campbell by Scandrick? I can still feel it now ...

pauldrulez 28-12-2009 11:39 PM

Welcome Back btw ;)

Playoff games looking like this:
Packers @ Cards
Cowboys @ Eagles (unless it flips on the result in Week 17)
2 great games.

AFC, **** knows.
Give me the Jets or Broncos please.

pauldrulez 28-12-2009 11:40 PM

And yes, big hit. Unblocked and completely flattened him. Loud hit and painful as well.

jazman 28-12-2009 11:44 PM

Thanks Paul. There has been more important things to me than bickering on this thread. Glady though my old man is on his way to recovery now. But the temptation was too much after the last couple of weeks of great action.

The AFC is amazing this season. So much more clear cut in the NFC. How do wild card games work out as I couldn't find it anywhere? As I see it it's based on seedings in the conference so the only way we won't play the Eagles is if the Vikings lose their last two games and we beat the Eagles to take the division ...

jazman 28-12-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

And yes, big hit. Unblocked and completely flattened him. Loud hit and painful as well.

Thing is Campbell looked down that side first and then turned his back! I don't think we were at full throttle last night but the Skins really did not threaten us at all ...

jazman 28-12-2009 11:49 PM

BBC2 to air wild card, play off and championship game highlights all the way through to the SB in January; Jan11, Jan18 and Jan25.

pauldrulez 28-12-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Thanks Paul. There has been more important things to me than bickering on this thread. Glady though my old man is on his way to recovery now. But the temptation was too much after the last couple of weeks of great action.

The AFC is amazing this season. So much more clear cut in the NFC. How do wild card games work out as I couldn't find it anywhere? As I see it it's based on seedings in the conference so the only way we won't play the Eagles is if the Vikings lose their last two games and we beat the Eagles to take the division ...

3 vs 6
4 vs 5

1 vs lowest seed left
2 vs highest seed left

Division Winners host the wild card games, not those with the higher record.

Something like that anyway

pauldrulez 28-12-2009 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman

Hope he's doing better, best wishes :)

jazman 28-12-2009 11:59 PM

That's what I was getting at. I guess that when you compare like for like records it comes down to the games against or is it record against conference? It's been a while for us you see ...

jazman 29-12-2009 12:00 AM

Quote:

Cheers :p

sLlll 29-12-2009 01:31 AM

Quote:

I'll second that.

Dave Nunn 29-12-2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sLlll
I'll second that.

I'll third it.

Woof Woof - Go Brownies!

jazman 29-12-2009 09:40 AM

Thanks fellas. Appreciated. :p

The NFC number two seed is still up for grabs ... :lux:

Latvian Eagle 29-12-2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Guess what the excellent people at Sky have done.

They are showing the Saints and Panthers in a game that means absolutely nothing.

Whereas they could have chosen one of 2 crucial AFC games for the 5th or 6th seed.

Yet another reason to consider moving out of this hellhole.

;) I won't complain though as we haven't been on yet this year! :hi: And it'll be nice to see Matt Moore and the boys take away the Saints unbeaten record. :p

jazman 29-12-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
;) I won't complain though as we haven't been on yet this year! :hi: And it'll be nice to see Matt Moore and the boys take away the Saints unbeaten record. :p

Ahem. We plucked that cherry. I thank you :p :o