CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

jazman 31-12-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
True that.

Though Jerryworld seems like something that everyone should do.

What i'd like to do when i'm older and have enough money.

Roadtrip from Boston (see a Pats game, BC game, UConn game, Sox game, Celtics game) All depends on how it can be timed.

To NY for a couple of weeks. Giants, Jets, Yankees etc.

Then down through Philly towards Washington. From Washington to Carolina and down through Atlanta. See all the NFL teams in those cities and visit some of the big College stadiums.

Then back over to the East Coast. Jacksonville, Miami and Tampa Bay.

Pretty sad to want to do that. And it'd take 3 months and a lot of money but something i'd love to do it when i've saved enough and maybe done something decent with life.

Lots of college teams to see as well on the way down. And sights.

Strange thing to do, but would be interesting.

Each to their own. That would be some road trip but I would ecourage you to do it sooner rather than later and while you have no ties or responsibilties ... even if you trim the trip down.

At least if I went to Dallas I could time it to see all the teams I follow ... in the same week potentially ...

peagle 31-12-2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

True that.

Though Jerryworld seems like something that everyone should do.

What i'd like to do when i'm older and have enough money.

Roadtrip from Boston (see a Pats game, BC game, UConn game, Sox game, Celtics game) All depends on how it can be timed.

To NY for a couple of weeks. Giants, Jets, Yankees etc.

Then down through Philly towards Washington. From Washington to Carolina and down through Atlanta. See all the NFL teams in those cities and visit some of the big College stadiums.

Then back over to the East Coast. Jacksonville, Miami and Tampa Bay.

Pretty sad to want to do that. And it'd take 3 months and a lot of money but something i'd love to do it when i've saved enough and maybe done something decent with life.

Lots of college teams to see as well on the way down. And sights.

Strange thing to do, but would be interesting.

I did that trip this summer but obviously without the football! Saw some great baseball though and some soccer including the Palace tour :D

pauldrulez 31-12-2009 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Each to their own. That would be some road trip but I would ecourage you to do it sooner rather than later and while you have no ties or responsibilties ... even if you trim the trip down.

At least if I went to Dallas I could time it to see all the teams I follow ... in the same week potentially ...

I'm thinking of doing the Boston one next winter to see how I do and how much it ends up costing me.

Whether or not I combine it with going to New York is another matter.

Boston has got the Pats, Sox, Celtics, BC, Harvard (just worth a visit for the sake of it)

I'm looking to go out there for either the Packers or Vikings game next year as both are visiting Gillette.

We got: Bills, Phins, Jets, Colts, Vikings, Packers, Bengals and Ravens all coming to Gillette next year.

I would love to go to any of those games. The Bills being the least appetising for me as they are pretty depressing ;)

Steve aka AddiscombeEagle, any chance of persuading the missus to go to the Ravens game? ;)

Bengals would be fun to see Ocho Cinco's antics should he still be a Bengal.

Might be the last year of Moss as well, so I have to go and see him.

Strathclyde Eagle 31-12-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Great advice. :p

Strathclyde Eagle 31-12-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Might be the last year of Moss as well, so I have to go and see him.

Not saying it is quite the same thing, but a friend of mine had the opportunity to get me a $300 ticket to see the Bulls in Los Angeles when I was out there twelve years ago. They turned it down as they didn't think I'd want to spend that much. It was probably my only realistic chance to see Michael Jordan in action, and although I agreed on the price point there is part of me which regrets that.

pauldrulez 31-12-2009 04:46 PM

See, I have got a lot of choices to make about this trip.

I know the writers of the PFW newspaper, and in talking to them in London about coming out to Boston for a few weeks, he mentioned a couple of weeks as an intern just to get some experience out there.

The only problem for me was that it would probably be in the summer which would mean I wouldn't see any games. But, I would get to see 2 weeks of Training Camp as well as sitting in on Press Conferences and doing the other stuff interns do. (Apart from the Bill Clinton stuff......)

It doesn't really help with my other bits to see but i'm thinking of taking it up if I can get a bit of money together.

I'll definitely do Boston in the Winter though. The NY bit is difficult though.

jazman 31-12-2009 04:47 PM

That's some home schedule for next season. Was trying to find somewhere that had the Cowboys fixtures for next season but not been able to ..

jazman 31-12-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

The only problem for me was that it would probably be in the summer which would mean I wouldn't see any games. But, I would get to see 2 weeks of Training Camp as well as sitting in on Press Conferences and doing the other stuff interns do. (Apart from the Bill Clinton stuff......

I thought that is what interns did to get on ... ;)

pauldrulez 31-12-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Not saying it is quite the same thing, but a friend of mine had the opportunity to get me a $300 ticket to see the Bulls in Los Angeles when I was out there twelve years ago. They turned it down as they didn't think I'd want to spend that much. It was probably my only realistic chance to see Michael Jordan in action, and although I agreed on the price point there is part of me which regrets that.

I had the same feeling about the Chargers-Saints game. I couldn't justify the cost last year but LT was there. He's a future Hall of Famer. Best RB of the decade. I couldn't justify not seeing him and luckily found some well-priced cheap tickets on eBay. I'm glad I got to see Brees, Gates and VJax as well.

The way i've decided to live my life now (after the deaths of young famous and not-so-famous people) is if I get a chance to do something, it may be your only shot so you have to take it.

I can't afford to follow Palace everywhere, but i've spent a decent amount of money watching us around the country this year.

I spent a lot of money over 3 days in London in October, but my team was here. Once in a lifetime opportunity. I had to make the most out of it.

Strathclyde Eagle 31-12-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

That's some home schedule for next season. Was trying to find somewhere that had the Cowboys fixtures for next season but not been able to ..

Think you should be able to figure it out somewhere. I can't remember which teams you'd have in the rota.

Obviously, Eagles, Redskins & Giants.

Then 2 x AFC division opponents (which I guess is the South next year for you?).
2 x NFC division opponents (NFC North/West next year?).
Plus the NFC divisional opponent in the other division with the same place as you.

Didn't realise until today that all the AFC South teams could end up at .500 or better. Now that's a tough division, a real bump in the road of a schedule.

pauldrulez 31-12-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

I'll get it for you.

The only way I know it is we had it confirmed because our placing is confirmed as first in the division as are all the rest of the AFC Division winners.

If you finish first in your division: Giants, Eagles, Redskins, Bears, Lions, Jaguars, Titans and Saints.

If you finish second, instead of the Saints it'll be the Falcons.

For me, it goes Eagles, Saints, Titans as my 3 choices there.

Strathclyde Eagle 31-12-2009 04:54 PM

BTW Paul you have to take that internship offer. Sounds like a fantastic experience at any time of the year.

pauldrulez 31-12-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Didn't realise until today that all the AFC South teams could end up at .500 or better. Now that's a tough division, a real bump in the road of a schedule.

They are all very good Offensive teams in that division.

All 4 have got pretty average Defenses though.

Lots of shootouts.

pauldrulez 31-12-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

BTW Paul you have to take that internship offer. Sounds like a fantastic experience at any time of the year.

If I can get some unpaid leave over here, then I will do.

If not this year, then i'll be taking it up for 2011.

It's probably a lot of hard work, but considering you get 5 hours a day off out of 8 for Training Camp, it'll be good fun.

jazman 31-12-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Think you should be able to figure it out somewhere. I can't remember which teams you'd have in the rota.

Obviously, Eagles, Redskins & Giants.

Then 2 x AFC division opponents (which I guess is the South next year for you?).
2 x NFC division opponents (NFC North/West next year?).
Plus the NFC divisional opponent in the other division with the same place as you.

To be honest, thats one thing I've never got to grips with future schedules ...

jazman 31-12-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Couldn't agree more with you fella.

pauldrulez 31-12-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

To be honest, thats one thing I've never got to grips with future schedules ...

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedu...uture_nfce.htm

There you go.

Straths, here's the Phins and the rest of the East: http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedu...uture_afce.htm

jazman 31-12-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Cheers :p

Home; Chicago, Detroit, Jacksonville, Tennessee, 1 from NFC South, NFC East
Away; Green Bay, Minnesota, Houston, Indianapolis, 1 from NFC West, NFC East

THE NFL ANNOUNCED that in future years, teams will not travel to both Seattle and San Francisco as part of the NFC West rotation, or to both Oakland and San Diego as part of the AFC West rotation. This does not affect the rotation of divisions or the games against like finishers within the conference, but can and does affect teams playing the AFC and NFC West in a given year.

Strathclyde Eagle 31-12-2009 05:30 PM

Quote:

THE NFL ANNOUNCED that in future years, teams will not travel to both Seattle and San Francisco as part of the NFC West rotation, or to both Oakland and San Diego as part of the AFC West rotation. This does not affect the rotation of divisions or the games against like finishers within the conference, but can and does affect teams playing the AFC and NFC West in a given year.

Didn't know that. Makes sense though.

pauldrulez 31-12-2009 05:30 PM

We travelled to poxy San Diego and poxy Oakland last year.

And ******* Seattle and San Francisco last year.

Absolute wankers.