CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

sLlll 10-01-2010 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
My bad, kept you quiet searching for the post though ;)

About as quiet as when Swanny whispers in your ear in the morning ;)

ardeo 10-01-2010 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sLlll
About as quiet as when Swanny whispers in your ear in the morning ;)

Silent - because I can't hear him, because he lives about 80 miles from me?

Was that your point?

sLlll 10-01-2010 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Silent - because I can't hear him, because he lives about 80 miles from me?

Was that your point?

I didn't realise you'd had a lovers tiff ;)

ardeo 10-01-2010 11:51 PM

I sometimes think I should play in the NFL, just because I actually can tackle, and not just throw my body in the vague direction of someone.

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 10-01-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollie_porter
Glad the Cowboys won :)

Hadn't really been following the NFL for a few weeks now, but with my Cowboys tee on, I think I'll carry on...

Glory hunter!!! :S:

Swanny32 10-01-2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sLlll
I didn't realise you'd had a lovers tiff ;)

Stop trying to turn it into a 5 year old's slagging match. My dad is bigger than your dad.

ardeo 10-01-2010 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sLlll
I didn't realise you'd had a lovers tiff ;)

You're obviously not just misinformed about the Cowboys, Eagles and NFL in general, but also that Swanny and I would have to be lovers to have a lover's tiff, which we are not. :p

I stand by my statement that Nelson is a pathetic KR.

Packers need a TD, otherwise i'm off to bed to listen to the second hafl on 5 live sports extra.

Strathclyde Eagle 10-01-2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
I sometimes think I should play in the NFL, just because I actually can tackle, and not just throw my body in the vague direction of someone.

I think I should play in the NFL, because I can't tackle, but then again neither can anyone in Jacksonville's secondary.

sLlll 10-01-2010 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Stop trying to turn it into a 5 year old's slagging match. My dad is bigger than your dad.

Yet you responded with that, you hypocrite :D

Hasn't your mummy told you to go to bed yet?

pauldrulez 11-01-2010 12:01 AM

Wow, I go and have a shower and review the Patriots free agents for 2010, come back and all hell has broken loose in the last hour.

I take my iPod and speakers into the shower to listen to WEEI (Boston Sports Talk Radio station) and the callers are arguing and blaming the D for the loss. Whereas the presenters are pointing out the facts that the Ravens had great field position on 6 out of 13? drives.

Brady then says that there will be a lot of players not back next year. Great for team morale that one.

Wilfork decided that today was his last game and promptly said in his interview after the game that if he's Franchised, he'll be pissed off. When it was suggested that maybe he should sign the long-term deal offered, he ended the interview saying that he could see himself playing elsewhere.

Welker got drunk.

The Ravens have claimed that they didn't get to see a replay in the 2 minutes between the change of possession on the punt that hit the guy on the head which Arrington recovered but let go of the ball out of bounds. Wasn't shown on big screen in the stadium as they had a promo video on. But apparently the stream wasn't on upstairs either. Though it was on everywhere else in the stadium...

And now I come on the BBS and even more hell has broken loose.

Excellent stuff.

244 days until the start of the 2010 NFL Season. Or 21146330 seconds :)

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 11-01-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sLlll
Yet you responded with that, you hypocrite :D

Hasn't your mummy told you to go to bed yet?

Well I'm out its been fun!

PS just remember the :moo: Girls are CHunts!!!! :afro: :hi:

Nite y'all!!!!

ardeo 11-01-2010 12:03 AM

Not long to go then - yay

ardeo 11-01-2010 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
I think I should play in the NFL, because I can't tackle, but then again neither can anyone in Jacksonville's secondary.

Or alternatively play for the eagles and just not turn up

Swanny32 11-01-2010 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sLlll
Yet you responded with that, you hypocrite :D

Hasn't your mummy told you to go to bed yet?

What are you, 5 years old? I have never spoken to anyone so pathetic and idiotic on a forum. Grow up. No wonder people are putting you on ignore!

pauldrulez 11-01-2010 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
I stand by my statement that Nelson is a pathetic KR.

Cards are pretty good on Kick Coverage, but Nelson doesn't look quick enough to return the Kicks. Especially running sideways.

The Pats have been shocking all season, but had 3 great returns today. One by Slater who ran sideways away from the players before turning upfield. One from Butler who ran forward and pretty straight until the whole opened up and then put on the afterburners. And then Edelman's punt return, that was beastly.

I'd just like to aim a nod towards Julian Edelman again. Even when the game was over, he came up with 2 huge plays on 4th down. That screen where he fought for the 5/6 more yards to make the down. But then it was called back. And, he then caught a 10 yard pass before making 10 more after the catch to convert a 4th and 17. Really impressed by the guy. One of the few to step up. And the only one on Offense alongside Faulk

AddiscombeEagle 11-01-2010 12:06 AM

:lux: :lux: :lux: :lux:

Ray Lewis and the boys I love you, what a performance that was. The energy in that first quarter compared to the Pats was unbelievable. To do that in the Pats own place is brilliant, loved every minute of that. Our much maligned secondary came to the party and Ray Lewis playing like that at his age is something to cherish. What a player.

Classy response on twitter Paul, "bombing the Ravens bus and calling Lewis a murderer". I think a simple "well played Ravens, you tore us apart" would have sufficed.

Roll on next Saturday.

pauldrulez 11-01-2010 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
I think I should play in the NFL, because I can't tackle, but then again neither can anyone in Jacksonville's secondary.

They can't cover either.

And they don't have a pass-rush.

And they struggle to stop the run.

That's one hell of a defense :D

Swanny32 11-01-2010 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
Well I'm out its been fun!

PS just remember the :moo: Girls are CHunts!!!! :afro: :hi:

Nite y'all!!!!

Night EEIE, we need to speak sometime, my dad's family are all Edenbridge based

sLlll 11-01-2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
Well I'm out its been fun!

PS just remember the :moo: Girls are CHunts!!!! :afro: :hi:

Nite y'all!!!!

south London lalala and fun. That sounds like me :D

A good laugh at the expense of you Sillies. Nighty night, sweet dreams :S:

ardeo 11-01-2010 12:07 AM

What a cop out by packers, should of gone for it, get some momentum going. Make it a 14 point game, but haven't really stopped Cards all game and they get possession to start 2nd half.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.