CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

peagle 11-01-2010 08:35 PM

Ah didnt see the one from each team thing :( Dang it :(

Strathclyde Eagle 11-01-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaberle15
Too much childish bickering on this thread for my liking, calm down people, its just a game........

100% of it instigated by one person IMHO.

pauldrulez 11-01-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddiscombeEagle
Be fair Jaz, people have to deal with difficult circumstances in whichever way helps them recover, however sad it looks, let Paul deal with it in his own way.:D

Personally I would recomend writing lines to get it out of his system.

How about:

Yes, the Ravens did put up 24 unanswered points in the first quarter

:lux: :lux:

I was just about to say that I actually respect Ed Reed and Ray Lewis as football players, but now you've said that, I hope Indy take you to the whooping shed.

FWIW, Belichick has always said if he could have any player, he'd have Ed Reed.

If he could have 2, he'd choose Ray Lewis.

jazman 11-01-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Be fair Jaz, people have to deal with difficult circumstances in whichever way helps them recover, however sad it looks, let Paul deal with it in his own way.:D

Personally I would recomend writing lines to get it out of his system.

How about:

:lux: :lux:

:D :p

Just finished watching the Cards win over the Packers. What a game. Shame there has to be a loser. I wonder how many times A-Rod has thought what may have happened had he not raised his foot which put the ball into the waist of the oppo ....

sLlll 11-01-2010 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
100% of it instigated by one person IMHO.

An impartial moderator. Good grief.

You can't put the blame on Swan and all your pals that have dug me out on the NYY thread and for me being a Cowboys fan, can you?

Closing a thread tantalises on denying freedom of speech. I hope you are proud of yourself.

sLlll 11-01-2010 10:54 PM

Just watching the Pack @ Cards game again. The Cards left 9 seconds on the clock after the missed field goal. That was surely was a mistake from however called the timeout.

The chances may be low but a kick off return is still likely and would have been a big option for the Packers. The other would have been a return to the 40 - 50 yard line and a Hail Mary, all possible in 9 seconds.

Even if the Packers would have called the timeout, the Cards should still have run a play to bring the clock down to 3 seconds ensuring it to be the last play in regutation.

Lucky for them they weren't made to pay for this.

jazman 11-01-2010 11:08 PM

Let's hope the remaining games are just a snip as exciting ...

pauldrulez 11-01-2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sLlll
Just watching the Pack @ Cards game again. The Cards left 9 seconds on the clock after the missed field goal. That was surely was a mistake from however called the timeout.

The chances may be low but a kick off return is still likely and would have been a big option for the Packers. The other would have been a return to the 40 - 50 yard line and a Hail Mary, all possible in 9 seconds.

Even if the Packers would have called the timeout, the Cards should still have run a play to bring the clock down to 3 seconds ensuring it to be the last play in regutation.

Lucky for them they weren't made to pay for this.

The fact that Rackers boomed the ball miles through the endzone on the kickoff helped.

sLlll 11-01-2010 11:33 PM

That still left 9 seconds on the clock though. Didn't Rodgers take a kneel at the 20?

I thought the ball was going out of bounds when I first saw it moving. Optical illusion for me. That would have started it at the 40.

BTW - I always mention it to my missus' brother in law, but in your SB against the Rams (your first win I believe) there was still 6-8 odd seconds left on the clock after the Viniteri field goal. The ball went past the sticks, the clock continued, the ticker tape, the World Champion hats, the official winning of the trophey...... and there was I saying, "There's still time on the clock for the Rams to have one more play!!!"

I felt robbed of watching that mayhem, however it won a Championship for some of the nicest people I have come across (even though every single one of them are Red Sox fans :D)

sLlll 11-01-2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Let's hope the remaining games are just a snip as exciting ...

For the games that aren't ours I hope. I remember watching the 52-17 coronation against the Bills in 92/93 season. Much better than my sqeeky bum the next year.

I still think we need a lot of luck to win it this year. Much hype about us, however if we fall apart early in the game, I don't think we are a team to come back from 3 TDs and above.

sLlll 11-01-2010 11:45 PM

Ok - 2 to 3 seconds ;). Still one play :D. Never mind :lux:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eawwO1moIIE

pauldrulez 11-01-2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

BTW - I always mention it to my missus' brother in law, but in your SB against the Rams (your first win I believe) there was still 6-8 odd seconds left on the clock after the Viniteri field goal. The ball went past the sticks, the clock continued, the ticker tape, the World Champion hats, the official winning of the trophey...... and there was I saying, "There's still time on the clock for the Rams to have one more play!!!"

Brady spiked the ball with 7 seconds left.

By the time the ball had been kicked, it had ticked to 5. It was through the posts at 2 and hit the net at 1 second left.

The clock is barely ever stopped on Field Goals until the ball lands in the guys hand who is catching the ball from the net.

Even with a second left, it'd be tough for them to even get the ball out of the first guys hands who receives the kick.

I think Suisham's FG on Saturday, it hit the net and the game clock ran for a good 3-4 seconds to end the quarter?

Or was that a different game? It was definitely one game this weekend when a team kicked a FG with 10 ticks left on the clock. It went through and the time then ran on to end the quarter.

AddiscombeEagle 11-01-2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I was just about to say that I actually respect Ed Reed and Ray Lewis as football players, but now you've said that, I hope Indy take you to the whooping shed. FWIW, Belichick has always said if he could have any player, he'd have Ed Reed. If he could have 2, he'd choose Ray Lewis.

sorry dude, i couldn't resist. Lets be honest, most teams have players we all respect, for example one of my favourite players is polamalu of my least favourite team. However that performance deserves a bit of crowing.

peagle 11-01-2010 11:51 PM

I actually don't really have a problem with the Ravens. I would MUCH rather they won on Sunday than the Colts.

sLlll 11-01-2010 11:52 PM

I think there's clock review on expired time for the first time during these play-offs.

If it happened to the Cowboys I'd want that 1 second. Still, it was the Rams and they should just be happy to have poached a team - though I believe the Cards were poached from them.

I did want the Pats to win, just wanted some NFL mayhem :D

sLlll 11-01-2010 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peagle
I actually don't really have a problem with the Ravens. I would MUCH rather they won on Sunday than the Colts.

I have a problem with Baltimore. What happened to the Browns and I was proper rooting for the Pats this weekend. I'd take a Pats loss for a Cowboys win anyday, so all is good.

I hope the Colts win, in double overtime :p

pauldrulez 11-01-2010 11:56 PM

Well it does, mainly because only one player arrived on the field in the first 10 minutes of the game.

Then 2 Special Teamers turned up in Slater and Arrington.

Edelman turned up.

The other 41 guys done zip.

I blame Welker ;)

Following your example of Polamalu, I massively respect Darrelle Revis. IMO, best CB in the game and i've gone on about Asomugha a lot (along with Ben) for the last 2 years. The Jets fans have taken to calling him Revis Christ.

But, I don't respect the way some of the Ravens players acted yesterday to the Patriots fans. Especially Kelley Washington. That guy was loved as a Special Teams guy in NE. No-one wanted him out. But the way he acted to the fans stunk. And a lot of the other guys were the same.

peagle 11-01-2010 11:56 PM

Quote:

I did want the Pats to win, just wanted some NFL mayhem :D

I think secretly, everyone wants the Pats to do well. It is just good for the NFL, it benefits everyone ultimately. And you should especially want that on this thread, because the longer the Pats are in it the longer Paul can ramble on about them so fantastically and the longer we can have some really decent banter. Without it, its either all this childish bitching about Eagles/cowboys which got tedious after 2 minutes of reading, or a boring... I don;t really care so I'll support _________ .

So next season, I say you all either support the Pats, or at least adopt us as your second team, who you hate, but really want to do well!

sLlll 11-01-2010 11:57 PM

Quote:

sorry dude, i couldn't resist. Lets be honest, most teams have players we all respect, for example one of my favourite players is polamalu of my least favourite team. However that performance deserves a bit of crowing.

I like Donavon McNabb. The Philly fans are fickle in their treatment of him. I hope he moves team and wins a Superbowl with the new team. (Cowboys back up will do :D)

pauldrulez 11-01-2010 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peagle

I don't care either way on this.

But if Flacco is carrying an injury, he is going to get hurt if they pass more than 15 times. Freeney and Mathis are going to be fresh and flying after the Passer.

Need Rice and McGahee to run it big-time.