CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

peagle 11-01-2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Following your example of Polamalu, I massively respect Darrelle Revis. IMO, best CB in the game and i've gone on about Asomugha a lot (along with Ben) for the last 2 years. The Jets fans have taken to calling him Revis Christ.

But, I don't respect the way some of the Ravens players acted yesterday to the Patriots fans. Especially Kelley Washington. That guy was loved as a Special Teams guy in NE. No-one wanted him out. But the way he acted to the fans stunk. And a lot of the other guys were the same.

You guys may not have noticed but I LOVE Ochocinco! Generally I quite like the Bengals. I also have a lot of respect for players like Anquin Boldin after what he did last year coming back from that injury.

pauldrulez 12-01-2010 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peagle
I think secretly, everyone wants the Pats to do well. It is just good for the NFL, it benefits everyone ultimately. And you should especially want that on this thread, because the longer the Pats are in it the longer Paul can ramble on about them so fantastically and the longer we can have some really decent banter. Without it, its either all this childish bitching about Eagles/cowboys which got tedious after 2 minutes of reading, or a boring... I don;t really care so I'll support _________ .

So next season, I say you all either support the Pats, or at least adopt us as your second team, who you hate, but really want to do well!

Maybe these fans won't boo. Or maybe they'd turn up to a playoff game.

If I knew that Gillette was nowhere near full for that playoff game, i'd have been getting tickets and getting my arse out to Boston to watch the game.

pauldrulez 12-01-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peagle
You guys may not have noticed but I LOVE Ochocinco! Generally I quite like the Bengals. I also have a lot of respect for players like Anquin Boldin after what he did last year coming back from that injury.

I think Ocho is good for the game.

But he failed miserably against Revis.

As I said on Saturday, don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk.

If you have a Grand Canyon sized mouth, you best be a Jerry Rice clone to back yourself up, otherwise you look like an arse.

sLlll 12-01-2010 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peagle
I think secretly, everyone wants the Pats to do well. It is just good for the NFL, it benefits everyone ultimately. And you should especially want that on this thread, because the longer the Pats are in it the longer Paul can ramble on about them so fantastically and the longer we can have some really decent banter. Without it, its either all this childish bitching about Eagles/cowboys which got tedious after 2 minutes of reading, or a boring... I don;t really care so I'll support _________ .

So next season, I say you all either support the Pats, or at least adopt us as your second team, who you hate, but really want to do well!

Another one digging me out!!! ;):D

Pats are my AFC team. In fact I root for all AFC teams against the other NFC teams in the first 6-8 weeks. Helps the Cowboys chances and increases the number of games to be interested in watching, which directly affect us.

pauldrulez 12-01-2010 12:13 AM

News:

Dolphins have chucked their Defensive co-ordinator.

And Scott Pioli has got the entire crowd back together.

Offensive Co-ordinator - Charlie Weis
Defensive Co-ordinator - Romeo Crennel.

We should have got them back rather than the junior that's learning from Bill and the DC who just sucks.

sLlll 12-01-2010 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Maybe these fans won't boo. Or maybe they'd turn up to a playoff game.

If I knew that Gillette was nowhere near full for that playoff game, i'd have been getting tickets and getting my arse out to Boston to watch the game.

If you don't already know, Stub Hub will get you tickets quite easily. I went through them to get Yankees tickets last season.

If I get to Cowboys Stadium next season (possible only for pre season,) I saw fans were selling their tickets through this company.


Oh, I really don't like Chad LOL!

pauldrulez 12-01-2010 12:19 AM

I got a few sites to go through. StubHub, TicketExchange and a few others are good for me.

elliott 12-01-2010 01:07 AM

No surprise really about Pasqueloni. He's just a bit pants really.


Oh, and timings with field goals are different by the way. I don't know what they rule is exactly, but I thought there was a set run off by a field goal. I thought it was 5 seconds but I don't really know.

jazman 12-01-2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sLlll
For the games that aren't ours I hope. I remember watching the 52-17 coronation against the Bills in 92/93 season. Much better than my sqeeky bum the next year.

I still think we need a lot of luck to win it this year. Much hype about us, however if we fall apart early in the game, I don't think we are a team to come back from 3 TDs and above.

You know what, I still feel for the Bills team of the 90s ... so close but yet so far ...

jazman 12-01-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peagle
I think secretly, everyone wants the Pats to do well. It is just good for the NFL, it benefits everyone ultimately. And you should especially want that on this thread, because the longer the Pats are in it the longer Paul can ramble on about them so fantastically and the longer we can have some really decent banter. Without it, its either all this childish bitching about Eagles/cowboys which got tedious after 2 minutes of reading, or a boring... I don;t really care so I'll support _________ .

So next season, I say you all either support the Pats, or at least adopt us as your second team, who you hate, but really want to do well!

No. No. And No.

I only want the Cowboys to do well, that's my team.

Why is it good for the NFL if the Pats do well? Surely it's better if it isn't monopolised by any one team ...

Paul doesn't need them to do well to rant on about them ;)

And you joined in on the Cowboys bitching on a few occassions I recall ... you call it bitching, I call it banter ...

Anyway, I don't do second teams. I favour other teams over others but I have one team and one team only ...

jazman 12-01-2010 10:00 AM

Ocho Cinco is a legend. Love to follow him on Twitter and Facebook. And I have only recently found out what his name means as Mrs JM has finished he Spanish classes ... :)

pauldrulez 12-01-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
You know what, I still feel for the Bills team of the 90s ... so close but yet so far ...

I tried in vain to get some goalposts using the keyboard, but gave up.

So i'll just say this... about that.

WIDE RIGHT

oz_da II 12-01-2010 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
And I have only recently found out what his name means as Mrs JM has finished he Spanish classes ... :)

I call him Chad Quatre-Vingt-Cinq...

oz_da II 12-01-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
No. No. And No.

I agree, what a ridiculous post...

jazman 12-01-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
I call him Chad Quatre-Vingt-Cinq...

:D :p

jazman 12-01-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
I agree, what a ridiculous post...

I was going to let it go but glad I wasn't the only one ..

This thread seems to encourage the worst in people ..

Swanny32 12-01-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
I was going to let it go but glad I wasn't the only one ..

This thread seems to encourage the worst in people ..

I didn't want another argument so opted not to say anything about Peagle's post, I'm guessing he was being sarcastic?

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 12-01-2010 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
I was going to let it go but glad I wasn't the only one ..

This thread seems to encourage the worst in people ..

:angel:























;)

jazman 12-01-2010 11:51 AM

:hi: EEIE ... big game tonight .. ;)

Yes, a lot of sarcasm on here .. just jealous of us, that's all it is .. ;) :o

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 12-01-2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
:hi: EEIE ... big game tonight .. ;)

Yes, a lot of sarcasm on here .. just jealous of us, that's all it is .. ;) :o

Morning Jaz :hi:

Yes big game tonight, hopefully a little bit of revenge for Saturday :p

I will look forward to some more (hopefully enjoyable) BANTER later ;)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.