CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

jazman 13-01-2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I'm very statistical and have to try and be a perfectionist with stupid things like this, I can have a go (and fail) at breaking it down a bit better tomorrow night if it helps anyone?

And yes, that does make me a loser.

I think I've managed quite well so far .. but this is a little too soon in my development .. ;)

Swanny32 13-01-2010 10:12 AM

Finally, NFL UK have set up a store to allow us fans to get hold of some merchandise, even if it is a limited selection, you know it's going to be official and you don't have the expense of shipping over from the states or the worry of whether it will fit or not as it'll be easier to send back.

www.nflzone.co.uk

jazman 13-01-2010 10:17 AM

Not much different to anywhere else for me as they only have one Cowboys replica shirt and it's Romo as usual ...

Question. Why would you want to buy a Russell Raiders shirt? :D

Swanny32 13-01-2010 11:03 AM

They do say at the top of the page that they will update the Jersey section on a weekly basis.

Also, if you click on the Cowgirls logo at the top of the website it loads all the Cowgirls stuff available on the website, one of which is a selection of jerseys where they say "Please note that the images of the jerseys are there for illustrative purposes. If you have a specific jersey request, please email us and we will do our best. Although we can't always guarantee availability of a specific number, we will deliver a coloured, white or alternate jersey as specified in your order."

It might be worth emailing them to see what they have.

They've got some nice polo shirts and T shirts though which I'll no doubt order sometime soon in preparation for the summer.

Beckenham Boy 13-01-2010 11:47 AM

Anyone get the email about the NFL UK Superbash at indigO2? Has anyone been before?

3 giant HD screens, Trevor Nelson as host for the night, Cheerleader sets, NFL gear competitions - sounds like a good night / venue to watch the Superbowl from..

This was the email synopsis:

The event will take place at IndigO2 at The O2, London on Sunday February 7th 2010. 8pm until after the game!

Arrive early to make sure that you don't miss the live entertainment starting at 8:30pm. Followed by live and uninterrupted Super Bowl XLIV screening in high-definition from the National Anthem onwards.
Entry with tickets only (Applicants must be over 18 years of age, and are by invitation only. They are not for resale.)

Please complete your application by Tuesday January 19th. Applicants will be chosen by lottery and will be informed if they will be attending Super Bash by email by Wednesday January 20th. Tickets will be sent out by Friday January 22nd.

This invitation-only Super Bowl party will feature BBC Radio and TV personality Trevor Nelson hosting a fantastic line-up of entertainment, including performances by NFL cheerleaders, special guests, live DJs, competitions to win NFL goodies, and most importantly live coverage of Super Bowl XLIV live from Dolphin Stadium in Miami, South Florida on three giant screens with a comfortable seated area.

Swanny32 13-01-2010 11:56 AM

Yeah I got the email through but as I have found out the last couple of years, you have to be very lucky to get a ticket for the event. Also, they only allow the ballot winners to have 2 tickets but I have about 5 or 6 of us who would want to go so we all just pile round mine, get Chinese in the evening, play some Xbox and drink bucket loads of tea and coffee whilst watching the big event.

jazman 13-01-2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
They do say at the top of the page that they will update the Jersey section on a weekly basis.

Also, if you click on the Cowgirls logo at the top of the website it loads all the Cowgirls stuff available on the website, one of which is a selection of jerseys where they say "Please note that the images of the jerseys are there for illustrative purposes. If you have a specific jersey request, please email us and we will do our best. Although we can't always guarantee availability of a specific number, we will deliver a coloured, white or alternate jersey as specified in your order."

They've got some nice polo shirts and T shirts though which I'll no doubt order sometime soon in preparation for the summer.

Ah, maybe I should have spent soome more time looking before being critical rather than working ... :D

Swanny32 13-01-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Ah, maybe I should have spent soome more time looking before being critical rather than working ... :D

They don't make it all that obvious, I thought the same as you before clicking around. Mind you the comment about they might not be able to get the number jersey you want doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence.

Im ok with the two jerseys I have so far, I'll get myself a couple of T-Shirts from there for my birthday in March then get a couple of new Jerseys in Philadelphia in September. That way I can wait to see who we sign in the draft and maybe pick up their Jersey as well as Bradley or Celek

jazman 13-01-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

They don't make it all that obvious, I thought the same as you before clicking around. Mind you the comment about they might not be able to get the number jersey you want doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence.

Im ok with the two jerseys I have so far, I'll get myself a couple of T-Shirts from there for my birthday in March then get a couple of new Jerseys in Philadelphia in September. That way I can wait to see who we sign in the draft and maybe pick up their Jersey as well as Bradley or Celek

I want a white Cowboys shirt and then I'll be done, but a couple of Tees for the summer wouldn't go amiss ...

pauldrulez 13-01-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

I'd love an Edelman jersey... but i've already got 2 Replica Blue(Mayo/Moss), a premium white from SB38, a Bruschi throwback and an authentic Brady white.

I'd like one of our two 50th anniversary throwback jerseys. Either Welker or Edelman. I always root for the guys who make the most of what they've got.

pauldrulez 13-01-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Yeah I got the email through but as I have found out the last couple of years, you have to be very lucky to get a ticket for the event. Also, they only allow the ballot winners to have 2 tickets but I have about 5 or 6 of us who would want to go so we all just pile round mine, get Chinese in the evening, play some Xbox and drink bucket loads of tea and coffee whilst watching the big event.

I've applied the last 2 or 3 years under 2 usernames as there are 4 of us who want to go.

Only got 2 last year, and couldn't split those who wanted to go. So left it at that.

That's the only time i've ever got any.

Applied this year though.

jazman 13-01-2010 01:29 PM

I have just applied as well.

jazman 13-01-2010 01:51 PM

Blog updated today. I'm quite enjoying this lark :p

Swanny32 13-01-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I'd love an Edelman jersey... but i've already got 2 Replica Blue(Mayo/Moss), a premium white from SB38, a Bruschi throwback and an authentic Brady white.

I'd like one of our two 50th anniversary throwback jerseys. Either Welker or Edelman. I always root for the guys who make the most of what they've got.

I just want a rare jersey, one that's difficult to get in the UK. Going to Wembley there is a huge amount of McNabb and Westbrook jerseys but I only managed to find one other guy who had a black Jackson jersey at the Bucs game, he looked a bit pissed off when he spotted me in the same jersey. Ardeo wants to get a Celek jersey so I think I'm going to try and get a white Bradley jersey but it'll wait till September when I buy it in the official stadium store! WOOOOOOO! :lux:

Swanny32 13-01-2010 05:53 PM

Apparently the owner of the Jaguars, Wayne Weaver, said yesterday that they are definitely not playing in London in 2010 as they are committed to building their fan base in Jacksonville/Florida, that would mean the rumours about Skins @ Jags are not true.

jazman 13-01-2010 05:56 PM

I would think so considering they are one of the teams that could be part of a franchise change if the set up in LA have their way ...

Swanny32 13-01-2010 06:10 PM

Cheap shit!!! Just ordered a McNabb jersey.

http://www.jdsports.co.uk/men/mens-c...eplica/#jdback

oz_da II 13-01-2010 07:08 PM

Quote:

Why would you want a Raiders jersey? ;)

pauldrulez 13-01-2010 07:14 PM

Quote:

http://www.jdsports.co.uk/men/mens-c...eplica/#jdback

Might get the Patrick Willis shirt for next October........

Also like the Cassel throwback from KC.

pauldrulez 13-01-2010 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
I would think so considering they are one of the teams that could be part of a franchise change if the set up in LA have their way ...

I think LA should hold out for the Chargers.

They won't last much longer in San Diego if they aren't given the new stadium that they want.