CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

peagle 15-01-2010 07:18 PM

Thought it was going to be against the Eagles? Thats not a very exciting game really :( I'll go but its not that inspiring :(

pauldrulez 15-01-2010 07:25 PM

Seriously?

2 teams with a lot of history with big UK followings from their exploits in 80s/90s.

Both young teams who are a few pieces away from having serious playoff pushes.

Both with coaches who are entering their 2nd full years.

Will be a high-paced game IMO.

Swanny32 15-01-2010 07:49 PM

Really upset that it's not the Eagles coming over but at least it's my second team the 49ers! Can't wait to see Crabtree in action!

Swanny32 15-01-2010 07:52 PM

Actually, I'm really excited about it, I get to see the Eagles anyway at the Linc in September. 49ers vs Broncos has the potential to be a really close game that will hopefully go right down to the final whistle. I might actually have to invest in a Niners jersey, quite fancy a Crabtree one.

AddiscombeEagle 15-01-2010 07:54 PM

i think it is a great match up. As honour as it was to see the likes of brady, moss and welker in the flesh, it was to one sided to be that enjoyable. This one has the potential to be a good match.

peagle 15-01-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Seriously?

2 teams with a lot of history with big UK followings from their exploits in 80s/90s.

Both young teams who are a few pieces away from having serious playoff pushes.

Both with coaches who are entering their 2nd full years.

Will be a high-paced game IMO.

yeah I am. For everything you say, neither of them are play-off teams and are uncertainties for next year. It might be a good game but it won;t be a firecracker imo.

Swanny32 15-01-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peagle
yeah I am. For everything you say, neither of them are play-off teams and are uncertainties for next year. It might be a good game but it won;t be a firecracker imo.

I completely disagree with that statement. Niners were on the brink of being a playoff team this season, with the experience youngsters like Crabtree and Coffee will have gained this year plus the emergence of Vernon Davies and Alex Smith, next year they could be a force to be reckoned with.

On the other side the first year head coach Josh McDaniels will have learnt a lot this year with some good picks in the draft they too could be a force next season, they too have some rookies that will have gained some valuable experience this year.

Potentially this game could be the best we have seen at Wembley with loads of young talent both on and off the field. Obviously we all know that the Niners are going to walk it but I really think the Broncos will take them all the way.

Swanny32 15-01-2010 08:31 PM

I wonder what game two will be?? That game is still half way through the season, I wonder is they'll do a game earlier in the season, maybe even a pre season game?

pauldrulez 15-01-2010 08:38 PM

There still may not even be a 2nd game.

When Kirkwood said there will definitely be a 2nd game on Sky, within minutes, the NFL had put out a statement saying it was untrue and that they are still looking into the idea.

pauldrulez 15-01-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
I completely disagree with that statement. Niners were on the brink of being a playoff team this season, with the experience youngsters like Crabtree and Coffee will have gained this year plus the emergence of Vernon Davies and Alex Smith, next year they could be a force to be reckoned with.

On the other side the first year head coach Josh McDaniels will have learnt a lot this year with some good picks in the draft they too could be a force next season, they too have some rookies that will have gained some valuable experience this year.

Potentially this game could be the best we have seen at Wembley with loads of young talent both on and off the field. Obviously we all know that the Niners are going to walk it but I really think the Broncos will take them all the way.

Niners have also got the best Defensive player in the League. Patrick Willis.

Denver have got one of the best Cornerbacks of all time. Champ Bailey.

They also have Dawkins and a couple of talented kids in their Secondary in Alphonso Smith and Darcel McBath (who was IR'ed this year).

With both teams having decent draft picks, we could see a couple of Rookie stars on the field as well.

Swanny32 15-01-2010 08:52 PM

Oh man, Dawks!!! Forgot about him!! That'll be amazing seeing him.

pauldrulez 15-01-2010 08:56 PM

And I didn't even mention the 2 teams offenses.

Denver: Knowshon Moreno and whoever they draft this year to help out Orton since I don't see Marshall staying.

San Fran: Alex Smith, Frank Gore, Crab(money)tree, Vernon Davis. Four very good offensive players.

Swanny32 15-01-2010 09:03 PM

I am going to stick my neck out on the line and say that this is the best game the UK will have had to date (out of the recent ones that is), having said that, it won't be that difficult. Giants and Dolphins was pretty crap, Chargers and Saints I think was a good game but I was pretty drunk for it and unfortunately don't remember much of it and then of course this seasons blow out between the Pats and Bucs.

Oh man, how bad is that, I actually can't remember any of the Chargers Saints game at all! I remember being there but don't remember any plays or any TD's at all.

Swanny32 15-01-2010 09:08 PM

Looks like they have reduced the price of the tickets a bit this year as well. For the last two years we have been in the top tier where the players all look like ants, quite fancy a bit of bottom tier endzone action this year.

pauldrulez 15-01-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

I am going to stick my neck out on the line and say that this is the best game the UK will have had to date (out of the recent ones that is), having said that, it won't be that difficult. Giants and Dolphins was pretty crap, Chargers and Saints I think was a good game but I was pretty drunk for it and unfortunately don't remember much of it and then of course this seasons blow out between the Pats and Bucs.

Oh man, how bad is that, I actually can't remember any of the Chargers Saints game at all! I remember being there but don't remember any plays or any TD's at all.

Chargers-Saints was an Offensive masterpiece. Not one sack on either team. Barely a QB hit.

This game could be better though as there may actually be a defense taking part in the game :D

jazman 15-01-2010 09:15 PM

Great match up, I'll be going to that one for sure. Both teams have great pedigree and both were in top form in the 90s. Both teams on the up as well so a great call.

Two weeks before we know if there will be a 2nd game apparantly.

pauldrulez 15-01-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Looks like they have reduced the price of the tickets a bit this year as well. For the last two years we have been in the top tier where the players all look like ants, quite fancy a bit of bottom tier endzone action this year.

Have you got a list of the prices?

jazman 15-01-2010 09:18 PM

It's got to go some to beat the Chargers/Saints game. But great memories as that was my first ever NFL game ... This one has the potential that's for sure ...

jazman 15-01-2010 09:32 PM

Steve & Jeff from R&R are on SSN at 8.45pm ... :lux:

That's in 13 minutes and counting for you Paul ... ;)

pauldrulez 15-01-2010 09:41 PM

Just set it to record.

Thanks for telling me.

Haven't listened to any RandR podcasts yet.