CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

jazman 17-01-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
Hey Jaz keep smiling, The Palace won!!!! Bring on 2010 FA, Draft, Training camps (no injuries please this year) and then the BEast returns!!!! :p

I agree fella ... to all those ... :p

Here's to the Chargers beating the Jets later on. Who are we to kid then those four teams contesting the championships aren't worthy of being there anyway ...

:hi:

Benzhiyi 17-01-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peagle
Favre is an incredible player, but he's so up himself I hear he needs extraction surgery every Monday morning. And yes, I'm not denying that AP is good, but is he unstoppable at the moment? The Cowboys are in better form and they are really firing. They are a really good team. I think they have too much about them to let the purple people eaters get to them.

I think I won this little debate, fella... ;)

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 17-01-2010 10:17 PM

Hey I think apart from a couple of people the Chargers are the favoured team, on this Board....Lets all get together to cheer them on (They will probably lose to the Jets now :o )

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 17-01-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
I agree fella ... to all those ... :p

Here's to the Chargers beating the Jets later on. Who are we to kid then those four teams contesting the championships aren't worthy of being there anyway ...

:hi:

Agreed if the Chargers win then all the top 4 seeds have got through!

Strathclyde Eagle 17-01-2010 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Only if the crowd are any good though.

The NO fans are the loudest i've heard in a dome.

Qwest Field and Arrowhead are both incredibly loud as well.

But, i'm only judging that through either TV or Laptop sound.

:D

That's the disadvantage of watching from the UK I guess. No personal experience that most of us can argue from fact the over-rated atmospheres at Anfield, Old Trafford, etc.

I remember from being in the US in 1991 when studies pointed out that the inside of the Metrodome was louder than a plane taking off. 125db according to this article.

oz_da II 17-01-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
Nothing worse than a gloryhunting smug obnoxious winner.
Hope your "team" gets smashed next week. :p

:lux: :p

pauldrulez 17-01-2010 10:45 PM

I'm only going on things that i've read tbh.

Rich Eisen says in his book that he went to Arrowhead and was almost deafened. Said it was the loudest he'd experienced.

Then went to Seattle and that they blew him away.

He also went to the Superdome in the first game there.

Said when Reggie Bush ran onto the field for the first time, he thought he'd never hear anything ever again. Loudest thing he'd ever heard he said.

Until on the 4th play there was a Blocked Punt for a TD. He then said it exploded.

The Superdome (despite what was being discussed earlier) is definitely on my list of places to go before I die. (That sounds like a really inappropriate thing to say after todays events, but you get what I mean)

pauldrulez 17-01-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

:D

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 17-01-2010 10:50 PM

Quote:

:o :lux: :hi: ;)

ardeo 17-01-2010 10:53 PM

Nice one Oz!

I'm back to watch the Chargers!

Strathclyde Eagle 17-01-2010 10:56 PM

I do my dance, I get in my stance, I commit a false start penalty and lose us five yards.

Swanny32 17-01-2010 11:03 PM

Quote:

:D :lux:

elliott 17-01-2010 11:06 PM

arrowhead is meant to be awesome, minnesota is better than NO I've heard. Its meant to be the best dome. Still, all of these pale into insignificance compared with death valley, happy valley, baton rouge, tallahassee, the swamp, big house and the shoe etc. If you want atmosphere, try there first!

Strathclyde Eagle 17-01-2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott
arrowhead is meant to be awesome, minnesota is better than NO I've heard. Its meant to be the best dome. Still, all of these pale into insignificance compared with death valley, happy valley, baton rouge, tallahassee, the swamp, big house and the shoe etc. If you want atmosphere, try there first!

Personally, I'd love to do them all.

Unfortunately I 1) was born on the wrong side of the Atlantic, and 2) am not Ben. ;)

pauldrulez 17-01-2010 11:11 PM

Revis still hasn't been thrown on.

They are throwing to whoever Revis isn't on.

They are looking to Gates when Revis is on Floyd/VJax.

ardeo 17-01-2010 11:21 PM

Hmmm what are the Chargers doing, oh yes running it for about 2 yards per carry. Still can't see how Jets are going to get on the board in this one.

peagle 17-01-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
I think I won this little debate, fella... ;)

Yes you definitely did :( I think the cowboys will be bitterly dissapointed with that because they are a good enough team to be competing for the conference next week. But that's football and today minesotta were much better.

Strathclyde Eagle 17-01-2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Hmmm what are the Chargers doing, oh yes running it for about 2 yards per carry.

Wave to your Mom,
Wave to your Mom,
Don't get any yards,
Don't get any yards.

Strathclyde Eagle 17-01-2010 11:28 PM

Touchdown Chargers!

Jets playing from behind... not their forte. Ryan likes to be in front for everything, especially the buffet queue.

ardeo 17-01-2010 11:28 PM

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHARGERS