CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

elgin eagle 18-01-2017 10:49 PM

Case in point.

Take him in hand, Blind.

Maz 18-01-2017 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13442697)
Case in point.

Take him in hand, Blind.

Oh do shut up, you unpatriotic hoop.

chrisophiex 18-01-2017 10:56 PM

Static on clothes. Especially dressing gowns.

chrisophiex 18-01-2017 10:59 PM

When you engage in conversation with someone about football and ask genuine questions about how their team are doing etc etc and then they don't even bother to ask who I support.

elgin eagle 18-01-2017 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 13442705)
Oh do shut up, you unpatriotic hoop.

Flowery, but uneffective.

Stellavista 18-01-2017 11:08 PM

Davos

Maz 18-01-2017 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13442734)
Flowery, but uneffective.

"Ineffective".

fang 18-01-2017 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 13442737)
Davos

Me too. He's nothing but trouble.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ros_Wisher.png

Maz 18-01-2017 11:19 PM

He is In-exile. Just read the latter's posts in "the voice" and you'll see what I mean.

Nostrils 18-01-2017 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fang (Post 13442750)

He gave me nightmares when I was young.

TopKnot 18-01-2017 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 13442758)
He gave me nightmares when I was young.

Especially when you think about what he's doing with his other hand.

Nostrils 18-01-2017 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 13442765)
Especially when you think about what he's doing with his other hand.

Blimey, I always thought the daleks were saying 'Exterminate! Exterminate!', but after this revelation I'm wondering if it just rhymed with exterminate.

Stellavista 18-01-2017 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fang (Post 13442750)

I wondered who would roll that one out first.....:)

Stellavista 18-01-2017 11:43 PM

Christine Lagarde.
Smug f*cker.

Popester 19-01-2017 12:10 AM

The Southern Drivers on the "Bastards" thread. Aside from their contempt for passengers (their customers), they appear to be completley brainwashed by their union and oblivious to the pain, suffering and damage they are causing to ordinary people every day. Instead they call people "scabs", regularly contradict themselves as to why they are striking (particularly when the reasons they give are pointed out to be illegal), and brag about depriving disabled customers of information and access to trains. They also revel in stories about animals etc they have killed. Wronguns of the highest order.

johnbush 19-01-2017 01:00 AM

'levverage'

Steamy 19-01-2017 02:24 AM

The price of Little Mix tickets.

Don't even want to get into my thoughts on Little Mix, but hopefully there will be some NFL fans on the BBS who remember their pre-Wembley game performance a few years back, who can appreciate my boos.

They are playing at Durham County Cricket Club in the summer....tickets went on sale yesterday. Lovely present for the other half (who is massively cool...apart from wanting to see Little Mix). Sold out already. 60 a ticket, minimum.

I wouldn't mind paying that if it was someone we both wanted to see. But 60 to just stand there and try to enjoy it by getting drunk at 5 a pint....

Hedgehog 19-01-2017 03:29 AM

UPS... trying to deliver a package during the day that requires a signature... who's at home during the day.

What pisses me off is they usually come down our street after 5:00, but oh no not when it's a package for me... they come at 1 bloody 49!

KYLIE MINEAGLE 19-01-2017 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 13442922)
UPS... trying to deliver a package during the day that requires a signature... who's at home during the day.

What pisses me off is they usually come down our street after 5:00, but oh no not when it's a package for me... they come at 1 bloody 49!

Night workers ,the unemployed ,the retired , kids on holiday, Mrs KM this month . I could go on......:D

chav_hater 19-01-2017 08:50 AM

Can you move down please.

I'm six foot, 13 stone and not a total ****. I've moved down as far as I can. I can't evaporate.

TopKnot 19-01-2017 09:47 AM

People who dump their old Christmas trees on the pavement outside their house presumably expecting them to biodegrade into dust within a few hours. I've taken to chucking then back into the front gardens from where they probably came.

Chief Brody 19-01-2017 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popester (Post 13442836)
The Southern Drivers on the "Bastards" thread. Aside from their contempt for passengers (their customers), they appear to be completley brainwashed by their union and oblivious to the pain, suffering and damage they are causing to ordinary people every day. Instead they call people "scabs", regularly contradict themselves as to why they are striking (particularly when the reasons they give are pointed out to be illegal), and brag about depriving disabled customers of information and access to trains. They also revel in stories about animals etc they have killed. Wronguns of the highest order.

lol! :lux:

elgin eagle 19-01-2017 10:22 AM

Should be called Trollster.

Popester 19-01-2017 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13443077)
Should be called Trollster.

Care to explain why?

You neither work for Southern nor commute via Southern. You have no idea what it is like. If there are trolls on the thread, it is the likes of you, hull, keltic and Maz. You gang up on anyone that doesn't share your left wing, union-loving view. It is pathetic.

Chief Brody 19-01-2017 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13443077)
Should be called Trollster.

:p

richdeniro 19-01-2017 11:04 AM

Joggers who decide the best jogging route is down crowded roads like Tottenham Court Road and Oxford Street and then start huffing and puffing because you don't move out their way as they come hurtling towards you.

Popester 19-01-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richdeniro (Post 13443161)
Joggers who decide the best jogging route is down crowded roads like Tottenham Court Road and Oxford Street and then start huffing and puffing because you don't move out their way as they come hurtling towards you.

Its the same walking over London Bridge each morning. The east side is full of commuters heading north, and the west side of the bridge is almost empty. But joggers seem to love running on the east side and getting in everyone's way.

PalaceForever 19-01-2017 11:25 AM

People who are shorter than 6'1" that sit in the bulkhead/emergency exit seats on planes. You don't need the extra leg room, go sit in a normal seat.

Owngoal 19-01-2017 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richdeniro (Post 13443161)
Joggers who decide the best jogging route is down crowded roads like Tottenham Court Road and Oxford Street and then start huffing and puffing because you don't move out their way as they come hurtling towards you.

Cyclists who ignore the cycle lanes and take up the width of a car in the main road

Nostrils 19-01-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceForever (Post 13443196)
People who are shorter than 6'1" that sit in the bulkhead/emergency exit seats on planes. You don't need the extra leg room, go sit in a normal seat.

:hi: Early bird catches the worm and all that...

I get dodgy knees, so stretching them out makes a big difference, though only bother on long haul flights.

Harry Bassett 19-01-2017 11:46 AM

Football fans 6'-1" or over who stand in my way while trying to watch football that I have paid to watch.

thefox 19-01-2017 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richdeniro (Post 13443161)
Joggers who decide the best jogging route is down crowded roads like Tottenham Court Road and Oxford Street and then start huffing and puffing because you don't move out their way as they come hurtling towards you.

It's the same in Bangkok when you're still drinking at 6 am on a street bar and these muppets trying to jog before they go to work coming huffing and puffing and giving you dirty looks for daring to be pissed at daylight. Seriously lighten up and chose a different route.

milky87 19-01-2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Bassett (Post 13443240)
Football fans 6'-1" or over who stand in my way while trying to watch football that I have paid to watch.

We are doing you a favour making you miss most of the game

Dave 19-01-2017 01:06 PM

Older folks who go to a fast food place and few they need to take 100 serviettes because they are free.

You know the type.

pallet 19-01-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 13443406)
Older folks who go to a fast food place and few they need to take 100 serviettes because they are free.

You know the type.

Listen you never know when you might need them.:D

Popester 19-01-2017 01:23 PM

Commuters who dont get their ticket out until they get to the barrier, and then cant find it. Argh!

Hector 19-01-2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 13442721)
When you engage in conversation with someone about football and ask genuine questions about how their team are doing etc etc and then they don't even bother to ask who I support.

Engaging in conversation with work colleague about football then realising they known sod all about football and forever afterwards them stopping me and talking shite

Selhurst Celtic 19-01-2017 02:28 PM

'Prolly' instead of 'probably'.
What's wrong with you?

Oddjob 19-01-2017 02:32 PM

People who make social calls on their mobile on the commute into work, there's a woman on my train who is on the phone every morning without fail - what can there possible be to talk about? read a book !

Selhurst Celtic 19-01-2017 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddjob (Post 13443581)
People who make social calls on their mobile on the commute into work, there's a woman on my train who is on the phone every morning without fail - what can there possible be to talk about? read a book !

People who ring their other half/mum/etc on the train home to see their other half/mum/etc

I want to spit in their face.

Oddjob 19-01-2017 02:35 PM

Constantly being asked for feedback, I went to Karaoke Box in Birmingham on Friday, by 11am sat morning I had an email asking me to fill out a questionnaire.................

Oddjob 19-01-2017 02:35 PM

Whistling.

fioreuk 19-01-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hector (Post 13443481)
Engaging in conversation with work colleague about football then realising they known sod all about football and forever afterwards them stopping me and talking shite

These in general...in plural :wallbash:

Selhurst Celtic 19-01-2017 02:38 PM

Other people whistling.

PalaceForever 19-01-2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 13443222)
:hi: Early bird catches the worm and all that...

I get dodgy knees, so stretching them out makes a big difference, though only bother on long haul flights.

You get a pass because of your knees, but apologies in advance for the slightly grumpy look I will give you.

Oddjob 19-01-2017 02:44 PM

The phrase ' The Palace Rollercoaster'

WLYWLYAWYPWF 19-01-2017 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddjob (Post 13443612)
The phrase ' The Palace Rollercoaster'

The whole paradox of the roller coaster analogy annoys me. When you are going down on a roller coaster it is exciting. When you are going up on a rollercoaster it's boring as f*ck. How does that correlate to football? :supergrin:

Bangkok Eagle 19-01-2017 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefox (Post 13443272)
It's the same in Bangkok when you're still drinking at 6 am on a street bar and these muppets trying to jog before they go to work coming huffing and puffing and giving you dirty looks for daring to be pissed at daylight. Seriously lighten up and chose a different route.

Lol, but the state of some of the punters at that time of day who have pulled an all nighter is also a sight to behold around Nana. Not that I'm a jogger. I get more affronted when a motorbike nearly runs me down on the pavement.

Chief Brody 19-01-2017 03:33 PM

Pissed twats moaning about trains late at night.

richdeniro 19-01-2017 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddjob (Post 13443581)
People who make social calls on their mobile on the commute into work, there's a woman on my train who is on the phone every morning without fail - what can there possible be to talk about? read a book !

I don't understand these people. I don't even answer my phone if I'm on a train, I feel too self conscious and wouldn't want to get on my fellow commuters nerves.

My heart sinks when I'm sat on a carriage and someone near me decides to make a social call - I honestly think it's some sort of tick because it seems to be the same sort of person, i.e. if the person at the other end of the line has to finish the call before the person has got to their stop then they'll go through their phonebook and find someone else to call and whenever they get to their stop they'll then finish the call. I don't think they can make a train journey without being on the phone.

Selhurst Celtic 19-01-2017 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richdeniro (Post 13443768)
I don't understand these people. I don't even answer my phone if I'm on a train, I feel too self conscious and wouldn't want to get on my fellow commuters nerves.

My heart sinks when I'm sat on a carriage and someone near me decides to make a social call - I honestly think it's some sort of tick because it seems to be the same sort of person, i.e. if the person at the other end of the line has to finish the call before the person has got to their stop then they'll go through their phonebook and find someone else to call and whenever they get to their stop they'll then finish the call. I don't think they can make a train journey without being on the phone.

Start repeating everything they say on the phone back at them and with a devilish smirk on your face.

simplex 19-01-2017 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceForever (Post 13443196)
People who are shorter than 6'1" that sit in the bulkhead/emergency exit seats on planes. You don't need the extra leg room, go sit in a normal seat.

Pay the additional and sit where you want.. anyway if your so tall you may get stuck in the exit

DryRubber 19-01-2017 04:13 PM

Timothy Farron

Wolfnipplechips 19-01-2017 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 13443406)
Older folks who go to a fast food place and few they need to take 100 serviettes because they are free.

You know the type.

In fairness they're not quite as annoying as people who take several plastic tea spoons......

And the ******* who stock up their work coffee station with sugars etc.:veryangry

Nostrils 19-01-2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceForever (Post 13443606)
You get a pass because of your knees, but apologies in advance for the slightly grumpy look I will give you.

We're going on holiday together? Where are we going? :lux:

lewisuk 19-01-2017 04:53 PM

Anyone and I mean anyone who tries to talk to me before i've had my first cup of tea and 9am

elgin eagle 19-01-2017 06:58 PM

nobby stiles.

Neckinger Eagle 19-01-2017 07:06 PM

Concrete

Wolfnipplechips 19-01-2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13444178)
nobby stiles.

You mean the Manc wanker or Chalfonts?

elgin eagle 19-01-2017 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 13444194)
You mean the Manc wanker or Chalfonts?

Chalfonts mainly. The cream, it does nothing.

Wolfnipplechips 19-01-2017 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13444205)
Chalfonts mainly. The cream, it does nothing.

You rubbing it in properly?

elgin eagle 19-01-2017 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 13444214)
You rubbing it in properly?

Probably not. I thought you just slapped it on. Thanks Dr Nipplechips.

weltklasse 19-01-2017 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 13443566)
'Prolly' instead of 'probably'.
What's wrong with you?

Poor skintagain

danpalace07 19-01-2017 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chav_hater (Post 13442979)
Can you move down please.

I'm six foot, 13 stone and not a total ****. I've moved down as far as I can. I can't evaporate.

I can picture the person saying this. Bastards.

in-exile 19-01-2017 09:58 PM

Maz wanting me dead.....http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthrea...=268574&page=4 :D

TopKnot 19-01-2017 10:56 PM

Just turned the TV over to see Coach Trip is back on. Except instead of a bunch of middle aged couples being bitchy over cheese making courses in Croatia, it's now full of the muscly tattooed v-neck tshirt wearing northern douchebags, ice gem haired queens pretending to be stupid for attention, and selfie taking scouse browed Essex WAG wannabes that seem to be rapidly filling up every program on every channel in the world ever. Brilliant.

fang 19-01-2017 11:02 PM

Lucy bloody Worsely.

davech 20-01-2017 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 13444655)
Just turned the TV over to see Coach Trip is back on. Except instead of a bunch of middle aged couples being bitchy over cheese making courses in Croatia, it's now full of the muscly tattooed v-neck tshirt wearing northern douchebags, ice gem haired queens pretending to be stupid for attention, and selfie taking scouse browed Essex WAG wannabes that seem to be rapidly filling up every program on every channel in the world ever. Brilliant.

So, a mobile version of Big Brother then :D

BERT'S HEAD 20-01-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 13444655)
Just turned the TV over to see Coach Trip is back on. Except instead of a bunch of middle aged couples being bitchy over cheese making courses in Croatia, it's now full of the muscly tattooed v-neck tshirt wearing northern douchebags, ice gem haired queens pretending to be stupid for attention, and selfie taking scouse browed Essex WAG wannabes that seem to be rapidly filling up every program on every channel in the world ever. Brilliant.

Agree, it's not the same. Last series I reckon.

Selhurst Celtic 20-01-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 13444214)
You rubbing it in properly?

Are you offering?

elgin eagle 20-01-2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 13445501)
Are you offering?

:D

Hope nobody is having their lunch at this point.

Maz 20-01-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fang (Post 13444667)
Lucy bloody Worsely.

Oh, yes ; her and her bloody Wussians.

Maz 20-01-2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 13444542)

I expressed no wish. Is that thread about wishing people dead? I think not.

Icy 20-01-2017 04:51 PM

Russell Howard. Unfunny gimpy little ******.

gossip girl 20-01-2017 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 13445496)
Agree, it's not the same. Last series I reckon.

New series, after this one, already commissioned.

Slimbloke'H' 20-01-2017 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fang (Post 13444667)
Lucy bloody Worsely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 13445511)
Oh, yes ; her and her bloody Wussians.

Oi! She's quite nice (in a bit of an odd way, admittedly...).

gold76 20-01-2017 08:51 PM

The amount of junk that gets through hotmail's spam filters.

Chocolate Bars being smaller

CPFC2010ANDON 20-01-2017 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold76 (Post 13446367)
The amount of junk that gets through hotmail's spam filters.

This, and Hotmail/Outlook in general now.

cappuccinoeagle 20-01-2017 09:55 PM

The ridiculous countdown clock on TV channels for the inauguration,and indeed the endless coverage of it,and also the fact it means Kay Burley is on TV again

cappuccinoeagle 22-01-2017 08:22 PM

Alan Shearer
Anthony Taylor

SA Eagle 22-01-2017 08:36 PM

Stacey Dooley

mushroom 22-01-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SA Eagle (Post 13452276)
Stacey Dooley

I think she's kinda hot


oops

I meant Stacey Solomon

EmmerGreenEagle 22-01-2017 09:02 PM

Stacey Solomon. She's got Roland Rats voice

ceeby 22-01-2017 09:03 PM

Chocky, for being a selfish ****tard and going and dying on us, bloody ******* flid.

newish eagle 22-01-2017 09:14 PM

Rail replacement bus services!

Skiddo 23-01-2017 12:28 AM

People that refer to Palace as "my club"

eg. "I don't want those types at my club."

It's OUR club you selfish ******. It belongs to all of us.

Hedgehog 23-01-2017 03:20 AM

Buying a new computer, and finding it's going to take a month of Sundays to get it all up and running how I want it.

Shipp Ahoy! 23-01-2017 09:26 AM

Stupid ****s that think its acceptable to have a phone conversation on loudspeaker on a train... especially when it is only them and they aren't doing it for other people to talk too :veryangry

elgin eagle 23-01-2017 09:46 AM

People who push for DOO on the railway instead of backing rail staff then complain when they see how it's going to be much much worse as a result.

Bizarro 23-01-2017 10:01 AM

Southern rail for saying it's the fault of the drivers striking for their appalling service. Then when there's no strikes they're running rail replacement busses meaning I'll have to drive to Palace as there isn't enough time and can't have a beer to numb the pain.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 23-01-2017 04:06 PM

Leaving your van in for an MOT and service first thing and ringing for update 6 hours later and the MOT is still not done let alone the fuxking service!!! :veryangry

cantspell 24-01-2017 06:56 PM

The use of the term reach out

newish eagle 24-01-2017 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cantspell (Post 13455892)
The use of the term reach out

Ha! Agreed!

The only people that should be doing that are the Four Tops!

Danny_Cheviot 24-01-2017 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cantspell (Post 13455892)
The use of the term reach out

Couldn't agree more. Where did that bollox come from?

Cringe when I see it in emails.

CT_Palace 24-01-2017 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cantspell (Post 13455892)
The use of the term reach out

Posted that many months/pages ago on this thread and it still makes me want to retch out

Worksop Palace 24-01-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny_Cheviot (Post 13455930)
Couldn't agree more. Where did that bollox come from?

Cringe when I see it in emails.

Yanks

Gollum 24-01-2017 07:46 PM

10 strong family groups at the Crazy Golf who have to play each hole in terminally slow individual order and must allow little Johnny to have 28 tries at each difficult shot whilst the people behind expire waiting.....

Herr Colonpharter 24-01-2017 07:49 PM

While we're at it .... use of the term 'Team England' or 'Team USA' etc etc We know they're a frigging team FFS.

elgin eagle 25-01-2017 08:07 AM

The devaluation of the FA Cup in favour of a greed league we will never win. The first team needs more match sharpness and fitness to last 95 minutes, not less.

civil eagle 26-01-2017 08:02 AM

Adults on scooters (not the motorbike kind but they are annoying as well) nearly got hit by one of these tossers the other day, the guy was wearing a helmet what a tosser


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.