CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Reps AJ 06-09-2020 10:25 PM

Is it really that hard to use your indicators?

Maz 06-09-2020 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grand aigle (Post 15385826)
Racist? Me? FFS dont tell my missus, shes black!

This is the “some of my best friends are black“ of the new millennium. So fekkin pathetic.

PeterH 06-09-2020 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grand aigle (Post 15385826)
[/B]


If they arrive with documentation, through legal channels and able to support themselves, then no...
How many migrants live with you, even Lineker is having one!

Racist? Me? FFS dont tell my missus, shes black!

How would she view your opinions about migrants?

You asked me how many migrants live with me? LOL.

I am the migrant.

It would be intersesting to see the last 5 year stats on migrants into the UK compared to Chile. For a couple of years a full plane was coming in every day from Haiti. Then you had the exodus from Venezuala, and a good number coming in from Peru, Bolvia, Ecuador and Colombia. I wouldn't be surprised if the total figure was several million - increasing the population from 17 million to perhaps as much as 20 million.

The government have decided to stem this or at least add some control. Not out of xenophobia, or small-minded people worrying about their taxes, but to ensure that adequate housing, schooling, healthcare and jobs are available for the new and existing population - especially in an economy post virus.

What they are proposing is that people apply for tourist visas that allow them to work, and then they can apply to stay at a later date. I am sure there will be problems, and I expect there will be a system of available quotas. A big difference is that immigrants have to fund themselves and find their own housing etc.. But Chile is still a developing country.

Does the UK have a similar approach to quotas. It's one area I would look at, and making the quotas generous and accessible for economic migrants, and help them when they get here. Any one that comes in 'illegally' not via that system does not have access to social benefits or housing, and are imprisoned and sent back if they can't confirm their refugee status. Children and their mothers are treated differently.

You will still get desperate, undocumented people trying to get to the UK, but there won't be a so called 'free-loading' element because they won't have access to 'tax payers' money via social and housing benefits.

I am looking at potential solutions to a complicated issue. But I see this as an ideological problem. You have a government and its supporters that I believe don't want to see any immigrants. I think there are towns, villages and even cities in the UK that are adverse to people of a diferent hue or even whiteys speaking with forked tongues. Ears are attuned to a negative reaction to an Eastern European accent. This is not new, it wasn't long ago that the Irish were demonised and discriminated against - especially in regards to rented accommodation.

I suspect that the issue comes to keeping England as it's mystical and mythical Jerusuleum in the minds of many. A village pub, cricket on the green, and not a Johnny Foreigner in sight, RAF pilots should have the right to call their Labradors ****** should they wish, and how dare people rally against that. It's the whole basis of the Brexit vote.

Whilst I have a certain sympathy for the protecting a culture argument, and can see there is an argument to be discussed about having or maintaining a British, English, Scottish, Welsh culture VERSUS actively promoting multiculturalism, there have always been immigrants, and for the most part they have assimilated and have not only benefitted themselves but society at large.

Without immigration we wouldn't have Zaha at Palace. I am not sure of the legality of the status of his parents when they came over.

What is the difference for YOU between a legal immigrant and an illegal immigrant IF both need government money to help them out?

And are you willing to volunteer and do the some of the jobs these immigrants invariably have to start out on.

What sticks in the craw of almost the entire BBS that you are arguing with, is that you can't see how lucky you are. You ave lived in the USA and France, and of course The UK with minimal effort on your part to enjoy those freedoms. Your skin colour, education, language, and your nation's participation in the EU, have allowed you to live a good, interesting, and economically fruitful life with minimal sacrifice. Yet, it annoys you that a miniscule sum of your money might be needed to give other human beings a sniff at the opportunities you had given to you as a birthright. And that sniff will be at the expense of a lifetime of scarifice and discrimination, and perhaps their children will enjoy the benefits.

You seem to lack any understanding of how desperate people must be to even attempt to make that journey. And you seem to think they are coming solely on the basis that someone told them that the UK is writing open cheques. You insult them, and you insult your own intelligence.

But you probably won't read al that, because you write shite comments on a messageboard and don't care what people think. The trick is to keep your disgusting opinions to yourself.

Stellavista 06-09-2020 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 15385932)
Is it really that hard to use your indicators?

Apparently. It's a very odd driving evolution. And should come with a mandatory fifty quid fine. Which would, sadly, be unenforceable.
But cyclists are just as bad. And cyclists these days seem to have real balance issues, meaning that if they do attempt it, most wobble all over the shop.

Maz 06-09-2020 10:32 PM

Would rep you if I could, Peter.

Stellavista 06-09-2020 10:35 PM

I've been trying to have my mother-in-law shipped 'back home' for ages, but the authorities aren't interested in someone who's been here for over fifty years. Unless they're black, apparently.

west country boy 06-09-2020 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grand aigle (Post 15385826)
Racist? Me? FFS dont tell my missus, shes black!

https://www.nationalfootballmuseum.c...er-201x300.jpg

CT_Palace 06-09-2020 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15385951)

:D:D

must spread etc

CT_Palace 06-09-2020 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15385946)
Would rep you if I could, Peter.

done it for you

Maz 06-09-2020 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15386022)
done it for you

Thanks. Peter may be an arse, but he’s an arse with heart.

PeterH 06-09-2020 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15386022)
done it for you

Your repping doesn't count unless it is payable in our universal currency -

IPAs.

CT_Palace 06-09-2020 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15386027)
Your repping doesn't count unless it is payable in our universal currency -

IPAs.

You know I'm good for a round mate.
Let's hope we can galvanize the Twats for a beer or two next week.

Hpalace 07-09-2020 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15385943)
How would she view your opinions about migrants?

You asked me how many migrants live with me? LOL.

I am the migrant.

It would be intersesting to see the last 5 year stats on migrants into the UK compared to Chile. For a couple of years a full plane was coming in every day from Haiti. Then you had the exodus from Venezuala, and a good number coming in from Peru, Bolvia, Ecuador and Colombia. I wouldn't be surprised if the total figure was several million - increasing the population from 17 million to perhaps as much as 20 million.

The government have decided to stem this or at least add some control. Not out of xenophobia, or small-minded people worrying about their taxes, but to ensure that adequate housing, schooling, healthcare and jobs are available for the new and existing population - especially in an economy post virus.

What they are proposing is that people apply for tourist visas that allow them to work, and then they can apply to stay at a later date. I am sure there will be problems, and I expect there will be a system of available quotas. A big difference is that immigrants have to fund themselves and find their own housing etc.. But Chile is still a developing country.

Does the UK have a similar approach to quotas.
It's one area I would look at, and making the quotas generous and accessible for economic migrants, and help them when they get here. Any one that comes in 'illegally' not via that system does not have access to social benefits or housing, and are imprisoned and sent back if they can't confirm their refugee status. Children and their mothers are treated differently.

You will still get desperate, undocumented people trying to get to the UK, but there won't be a so called 'free-loading' element because they won't have access to 'tax payers' money via social and housing benefits.

I am looking at potential solutions to a complicated issue. But I see this as an ideological problem. You have a government and its supporters that I believe don't want to see any immigrants. I think there are towns, villages and even cities in the UK that are adverse to people of a diferent hue or even whiteys speaking with forked tongues. Ears are attuned to a negative reaction to an Eastern European accent. This is not new, it wasn't long ago that the Irish were demonised and discriminated against - especially in regards to rented accommodation.

I suspect that the issue comes to keeping England as it's mystical and mythical Jerusuleum in the minds of many. A village pub, cricket on the green, and not a Johnny Foreigner in sight, RAF pilots should have the right to call their Labradors ****** should they wish, and how dare people rally against that. It's the whole basis of the Brexit vote.

Whilst I have a certain sympathy for the protecting a culture argument, and can see there is an argument to be discussed about having or maintaining a British, English, Scottish, Welsh culture VERSUS actively promoting multiculturalism, there have always been immigrants, and for the most part they have assimilated and have not only benefitted themselves but society at large.

Without immigration we wouldn't have Zaha at Palace. I am not sure of the legality of the status of his parents when they came over.

What is the difference for YOU between a legal immigrant and an illegal immigrant IF both need government money to help them out?

And are you willing to volunteer and do the some of the jobs these immigrants invariably have to start out on.

What sticks in the craw of almost the entire BBS that you are arguing with, is that you can't see how lucky you are. You ave lived in the USA and France, and of course The UK with minimal effort on your part to enjoy those freedoms. Your skin colour, education, language, and your nation's participation in the EU, have allowed you to live a good, interesting, and economically fruitful life with minimal sacrifice. Yet, it annoys you that a miniscule sum of your money might be needed to give other human beings a sniff at the opportunities you had given to you as a birthright. And that sniff will be at the expense of a lifetime of scarifice and discrimination, and perhaps their children will enjoy the benefits.

You seem to lack any understanding of how desperate people must be to even attempt to make that journey. And you seem to think they are coming solely on the basis that someone told them that the UK is writing open cheques. You insult them, and you insult your own intelligence.

But you probably won't read al that, because you write shite comments on a messageboard and don't care what people think. The trick is to keep your disgusting opinions to yourself.

That is the basis of the Eu freedom of movement agreement. Basically. The uk chose to ignore those rules but remember - it’s the eu’s fault the uk decided to ignore the rules the Eu and the uk agreed on to make sure nations felt comfortable with internal immigration within the Eu. The best way of solving the issue is not to enforce the rules of the Eu that the uk helped make - it is to leave the Eu.

Those people coming in dinghies having travelled a continent to get here and risk a perilous final journey to cross the sea to claim asylum? Lots of whom have learnt a second language and are obviously determined and resourceful? Certainly a more useful addition to our society than the knuckle dragging, head the ball, EDL types.

Hpalace 07-09-2020 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15385951)

Lol.

I was sure we had another racist who’s wife was black posting a couple of years ago. Perhaps it’s the same one and hopefully she will find his device and see what he’s been posting like that other fella recently.

PeterH 07-09-2020 12:35 AM

Black women, and the darker the better, have always been a lust issue for me. I ended up visiting Chile and getting snared rather than Colombia; brasil or the Caribbean.

I suspect I would have been appropriating a black woman though.

I read Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. A novel, I suspect was in part autobiographical, about a Nigerian who went to live, study and work in The US before moving back to Nigeria. She had a high school sweetheart who did the same in England - the character not the writer. It had some interesting viewpoints about black versus black culture, class perception within Nigeria, how returnees were viewed, and the character had a white boyfriend for a while. The character ran her own blog that was surely copied in some way by the film Dear White People. But this is all more to do with the racial equality thread.

Hedgehog 07-09-2020 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever (Post 15376265)
Always. Or you give up looking and find it when you least expect to.

Exactly what happened... it just showed up today. How the **** it got where it was, who knows!

Hedgehog 07-09-2020 03:01 AM

About a week back my wife wanted to, and did, make a rather generous contribution to the Biden Election Fund.

Since then she has been inundated with request from the "Biden/Harris" team to contribute more...

How to alienate a genuine supporter in one easy lesson... f**kers!

Same thing happens with any charity donation we've made. It really wants to make you not contribute/donate, which is unfortunately very sad state of affairs, and a reason I advised her not to donate.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 07-09-2020 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15386111)
About a week back my wife wanted to, and did, make a rather generous contribution to the Biden Election Fund.

Since then she has been inundated with request from the "Biden/Harris" team to contribute more...

How to alienate a genuine supporter in one easy lesson... f**kers!

Same thing happens with any charity donation we've made. It really wants to make you not contribute/donate, which is unfortunately very sad state of affairs, and a reason I advised her not to donate.

Standard procedure with most charities I am afraid Hedge.

Hedgehog 07-09-2020 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 15386112)
Standard procedure with most charities I am afraid Hedge.

Yes it is... very sad.

Timbo 07-09-2020 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 15386112)
Standard procedure with most charities I am afraid Hedge.

We recently contributed to the Andrew Strauss Cricket charity and bought the Bob Willis book, and I am pleased to confirm that neither charity has sought further monies

KYLIE MINEAGLE 07-09-2020 08:40 AM

Yet.....

Martin H 07-09-2020 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15386111)
About a week back my wife wanted to, and did, make a rather generous contribution to the Biden Election Fund.

Since then she has been inundated with request from the "Biden/Harris" team to contribute more...

How to alienate a genuine supporter in one easy lesson... f**kers!

Same thing happens with any charity donation we've made. It really wants to make you not contribute/donate, which is unfortunately very sad state of affairs, and a reason I advised her not to donate.

Fund raising is big business these days and some of them work it hard. They used to talk about ‘the blind leading the blind’ but I think the modern version is more likely that - ‘the blind ring every couple of weeks’! Or once you have donated, so it seems. It’s a good cause and they sound like genuine enough, older volunteers ringing for a friendly chat but if you can’t take the call because it’s inconvenient, boy do they keep ringing until you do. We set up regular payments a decade ago but that doesn’t seem to stem the tide as they ‘want to stay in touch’.

I would be annoyed but I get a mental image of a dithery old Aunt figure on the phone each time and it is a good cause that we are happy enough to donate to so....

KYLIE MINEAGLE 07-09-2020 10:43 AM

The use of the words "strong man" when refering to dictators such as Lukashenko.

weltklasse 07-09-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grand aigle (Post 15385521)
and mine is with people like you who think they own the bbs and theirs is the only opinion tht counts....I used to live in France now I dont!!
How was that lieing?? I just got my dinghy and floated across to ponce of the British taxpayer forever more....do you pay tax on your benefits??

Your problem is that you are an idiot. I don't think i own the BBS. you on the otherhand are overly defensive and obsess about immigration and benefits like a real shithead.

grand aigle 07-09-2020 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weltklasse (Post 15386409)
Your problem is that you are an idiot. I don't think i own the BBS. you on the otherhand are overly defensive and obsess about immigration and benefits like a real shithead.

ahh bless!! you know nothing !!:supergrin:

grand aigle 07-09-2020 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15385934)
This is the “some of my best friends are black“ of the new millennium. So fekkin pathetic.

shes from Sri Lanka you fool!

Maz 07-09-2020 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grand aigle (Post 15386549)
shes from Sri Lanka you fool!

So why did you say she was black? (Er, you fool).

grand aigle 07-09-2020 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15385943)
How would she view your opinions about migrants?

You asked me how many migrants live with me? LOL.

I am the migrant.

It would be intersesting to see the last 5 year stats on migrants into the UK compared to Chile. For a couple of years a full plane was coming in every day from Haiti. Then you had the exodus from Venezuala, and a good number coming in from Peru, Bolvia, Ecuador and Colombia. I wouldn't be surprised if the total figure was several million - increasing the population from 17 million to perhaps as much as 20 million.

The government have decided to stem this or at least add some control. Not out of xenophobia, or small-minded people worrying about their taxes, but to ensure that adequate housing, schooling, healthcare and jobs are available for the new and existing population - especially in an economy post virus.

What they are proposing is that people apply for tourist visas that allow them to work, and then they can apply to stay at a later date. I am sure there will be problems, and I expect there will be a system of available quotas. A big difference is that immigrants have to fund themselves and find their own housing etc.. But Chile is still a developing country.

Does the UK have a similar approach to quotas. It's one area I would look at, and making the quotas generous and accessible for economic migrants, and help them when they get here. Any one that comes in 'illegally' not via that system does not have access to social benefits or housing, and are imprisoned and sent back if they can't confirm their refugee status. Children and their mothers are treated differently.

You will still get desperate, undocumented people trying to get to the UK, but there won't be a so called 'free-loading' element because they won't have access to 'tax payers' money via social and housing benefits.

I am looking at potential solutions to a complicated issue. But I see this as an ideological problem. You have a government and its supporters that I believe don't want to see any immigrants. I think there are towns, villages and even cities in the UK that are adverse to people of a diferent hue or even whiteys speaking with forked tongues. Ears are attuned to a negative reaction to an Eastern European accent. This is not new, it wasn't long ago that the Irish were demonised and discriminated against - especially in regards to rented accommodation.

I suspect that the issue comes to keeping England as it's mystical and mythical Jerusuleum in the minds of many. A village pub, cricket on the green, and not a Johnny Foreigner in sight, RAF pilots should have the right to call their Labradors ****** should they wish, and how dare people rally against that. It's the whole basis of the Brexit vote.

Whilst I have a certain sympathy for the protecting a culture argument, and can see there is an argument to be discussed about having or maintaining a British, English, Scottish, Welsh culture VERSUS actively promoting multiculturalism, there have always been immigrants, and for the most part they have assimilated and have not only benefitted themselves but society at large.

Without immigration we wouldn't have Zaha at Palace. I am not sure of the legality of the status of his parents when they came over.

What is the difference for YOU between a legal immigrant and an illegal immigrant IF both need government money to help them out?

And are you willing to volunteer and do the some of the jobs these immigrants invariably have to start out on.

What sticks in the craw of almost the entire BBS that you are arguing with, is that you can't see how lucky you are. You ave lived in the USA and France, and of course The UK with minimal effort on your part to enjoy those freedoms. Your skin colour, education, language, and your nation's participation in the EU, have allowed you to live a good, interesting, and economically fruitful life with minimal sacrifice. Yet, it annoys you that a miniscule sum of your money might be needed to give other human beings a sniff at the opportunities you had given to you as a birthright. And that sniff will be at the expense of a lifetime of scarifice and discrimination, and perhaps their children will enjoy the benefits.

You seem to lack any understanding of how desperate people must be to even attempt to make that journey. And you seem to think they are coming solely on the basis that someone told them that the UK is writing open cheques. You insult them, and you insult your own intelligence.

But you probably won't read al that, because you write shite comments on a messageboard and don't care what people think. The trick is to keep your disgusting opinions to yourself.

how do you think you know my skin colour?
Yes I lived in those places BUT at my own expense, not that of others.....if its so good why do you think the government are trying to stop it??

grand aigle 07-09-2020 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hpalace (Post 15386067)
Lol.

I was sure we had another racist who’s wife was black posting a couple of years ago. Perhaps it’s the same one and hopefully she will find his device and see what he’s been posting like that other fella recently.

said nothing racist unless you wanna read it that way

grand aigle 07-09-2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15385841)
Your repeated posts on the subject say different, but if you don't really care what others think about your views, can I suggest you just **** off? Go and pollute another social network please. Oh, a further suggestion... the HOL might be more up your street.

NO thank you!!

ExiledStirling 07-09-2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grand aigle (Post 15386549)
shes from Sri Lanka you fool!

You really are a moron. It was you who said she is black.

grand aigle 07-09-2020 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15386553)
So why did you say she was black? (Er, you fool).

err thats because she IS !!fool

Wolfnipplechips 07-09-2020 11:37 AM

People who lash out all over a thread when they’ve been ratioed.

grand aigle 07-09-2020 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 15386570)
People who lash out all over a thread when they’ve been ratioed.

ohh havent been ratioed for a while :supergrin:

Little Fozzie 07-09-2020 11:42 AM

No doubt that this grand aigle bell would have supported the government of the time when they were turning away Jews fleeing from the Nazis

grand aigle 07-09-2020 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 15386579)
No doubt that this grand aigle bell would have supported the government of the time when they were turning away Jews fleeing from the Nazis

oh look another one of the tag team

doubleagent 07-09-2020 12:04 PM

VAR
TRANSFER WINDOWS
LOYALTY POINTS
THE FAIR PLAY RULE THAT DOS'NT APPLY TO THE TOP 5
PREMIER LEAUGE BEING A PLACE FOR INTERNATIONAL PLAYERS TO RETIRE AFTER THEY ARE PAST THEIR BEST
THE LOAN PLAYER SYSTEM
PLAYERS GETTING 200K A WEEK WHILE LITTLE TEAMS GO BUST
THE FACILITIES IN THE ARTHUR WAIT STAND
FALMER TRAIN STATION
MATT HANCOCK
MY SISTERS DOG
HAVING TO SIT DOWN IN A PUB
PLASTIC GLASSES
NOT BEING ABLE TO GO ON HOLIDAY .................sorry was i shouting

doubleagent 07-09-2020 12:07 PM

sorry wrong thread i think

Maz 07-09-2020 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 15386560)
You really are a moron. It was you who said she is black.

He may not be a moron (probably is though) but he's certainly confused.

the digger 07-09-2020 12:44 PM

People who think race is binary.

People who think contributing to/taking from a society is purely economic/financial.

the digger 07-09-2020 12:45 PM

Post-modernism.

Annoyance will annoy itself.

Maz 07-09-2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the digger (Post 15386671)
People who think contributing to/taking from a society is purely economic/financial.

Good one. People who think that (we know who we mean) would benefit from reading these simple test notes from the BBC.


It even notes my obsessive point, which I keep repeating (sorry) : In 2014, it was found that 8.3 million people in Britain were employed in businesses started by immigrant entrepreneurs.


But no, they all come here to scrounge.

the digger 07-09-2020 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15386685)
Good one. People who think that (we know who we mean) would benefit from reading these simple test notes from the BBC.


It even notes my obsessive point, which I keep repeating (sorry) : In 2014, it was found that 8.3 million people in Britain were employed in businesses started by immigrant entrepreneurs.


But no, they all come here to scrounge.

Quite.

However, I would add the caveat that being a successful Capitalist wasn’t the only measure for how much you contribute to a society. In fact, some of the most successful manage this by contributing as little as possible and exploiting those that have come to bludge.

strawberry mivi 07-09-2020 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doubleagent (Post 15386615)
VAR
TRANSFER WINDOWS
LOYALTY POINTS
THE FAIR PLAY RULE THAT DOS'NT APPLY TO THE TOP 5
PREMIER LEAUGE BEING A PLACE FOR INTERNATIONAL PLAYERS TO RETIRE AFTER THEY ARE PAST THEIR BEST
THE LOAN PLAYER SYSTEM
PLAYERS GETTING 200K A WEEK WHILE LITTLE TEAMS GO BUST
THE FACILITIES IN THE ARTHUR WAIT STAND
FALMER TRAIN STATION
MATT HANCOCK
MY SISTERS DOG
HAVING TO SIT DOWN IN A PUB
PLASTIC GLASSES
NOT BEING ABLE TO GO ON HOLIDAY .................sorry was i shouting

Sit on the couch and tell me about your Mother.

Maz 07-09-2020 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the digger (Post 15386671)
Quite.

However, I would add the caveat that being a successful Capitalist wasn’t the only measure for how much you contribute to a society. In fact, some of the most successful manage this by contributing as little as possible and exploiting those that have come to bludge. .

I think you're entirely right. (And that's what the link focusses on, although it's a shame they start with football ! ).

Polak 07-09-2020 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15385944)
Apparently. It's a very odd driving evolution. And should come with a mandatory fifty quid fine. Which would, sadly, be unenforceable.
But cyclists are just as bad. And cyclists these days seem to have real balance issues, meaning that if they do attempt it, most wobble all over the shop.

I tried to cross Southend Lane by Beckenham Junction and thought that I could as no-one was indicating that they'd be turning into Southend Road. That was a mistake. 3 cars on the trot all turned without indicating. Wankers.

Hpalace 07-09-2020 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polak (Post 15386988)
I tried to cross Southend Lane by Beckenham Junction and thought that I could as no-one was indicating that they'd be turning into Southend Road. That was a mistake. 3 cars on the trot all turned without indicating. Wankers.

I think if you are in the left hand lane there you have to turn left and the right hand lane is for straight on (if you actually mean Rectory Rd).

Yes they should indicate of course but generally when you can only go one direction people don't tend to bother as much.

Polak 07-09-2020 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hpalace (Post 15387012)
I think if you are in the left hand lane there you have to turn left and the right hand lane is for straight on (if you actually mean Rectory Rd).

Yes they should indicate of course but generally when you can only go one direction people don't tend to bother as much.

Yep, it was Rectory Road and I take your point that there's only one way that they should go in that lane but it's still lazy. I used to sit upstairs at the front on the bus and it was interesting to see how bad some driving is, especially drivers not indicating when coming off roundabouts. Do you know the roundabout between Upper Elmers End Road and South Eden Park Road? The bus driver could wait there for ages to get onto the roundabout because no-one indicates that they're turning off. The lack of being arsed to indicate is getting worse.

Hpalace 07-09-2020 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polak (Post 15387072)
Yep, it was Rectory Road and I take your point that there's only one way that they should go in that lane but it's still lazy. I used to sit upstairs at the front on the bus and it was interesting to see how bad some driving is, especially drivers not indicating when coming off roundabouts. Do you know the roundabout between Upper Elmers End Road and South Eden Park Road? The bus driver could wait there for ages to get onto the roundabout because no-one indicates that they're turning off. The lack of being arsed to indicate is getting worse.

That is less of a roundabout and more a large obstacle for drivers to drive past as quickly as possible.

Quite a few drivers also seem to think that if they are going straight ahead on a roundabout there is no need to indicate when pulling off. That could work if any of the other drivers/pedestrians/cyclists etc had any clue which junction you entered from.

Worksop Palace 07-09-2020 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 15385932)
Is it really that hard to use your indicators?

I drive a BMW, sorry what are ‘indicators’ ?

weltklasse 07-09-2020 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15387259)
I drive a BMW, sorry what are ‘indicators’ ?

can you amend to BMW/Audi? (round here the Audi drivers seem the worst offenders)

Hedgehog 07-09-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15386262)
Fund raising is big business these days and some of them work it hard. They used to talk about ‘the blind leading the blind’ but I think the modern version is more likely that - ‘the blind ring every couple of weeks’! Or once you have donated, so it seems. It’s a good cause and they sound like genuine enough, older volunteers ringing for a friendly chat but if you can’t take the call because it’s inconvenient, boy do they keep ringing until you do. We set up regular payments a decade ago but that doesn’t seem to stem the tide as they ‘want to stay in touch’.

I would be annoyed but I get a mental image of a dithery old Aunt figure on the phone each time and it is a good cause that we are happy enough to donate to so....

Actually the texts my wife has been getting (from Cindy?) have been asking her to make phone calls on their behalf. Not my wife's cup of tea, and told "Cindy" so in a reply, to which she responded, "Great. Please go to [insert website here] for sign-up details."

Not helping with my dislike of politics...

laboxers 07-09-2020 06:00 PM

Quarantine rules. They've just added 7 Greek islands as of Wednesday this week. Had a trip to Crete booked departing Saturday....now not able to go as not possible for my missus to quarantine on return!

Should get a full refund and possibly book somewhere else. But very frustrating

Stellavista 07-09-2020 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15387314)
Actually the texts my wife has been getting (from Cindy?) have been asking her to make phone calls on their behalf. Not my wife's cup of tea, and told "Cindy" so in a reply, to which she responded, "Great. Please go to [insert website here] for sign-up details."

Not helping with my dislike of politics...

Just say, 'f*ck off, we've joined the Nazi Party'. That should do it.

Worksop Palace 07-09-2020 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laboxers (Post 15387348)
Quarantine rules. They've just added 7 Greek islands as of Wednesday this week. Had a trip to Crete booked departing Saturday....now not able to go as not possible for my missus to quarantine on return!

Should get a full refund and possibly book somewhere else. But very frustrating

The refund bit will be interesting.

We’ve booked for Portugal in mid October. Paid for flights (Ryanair) but have apartment booked on a free cancellation via Booking.com until a month before we go. I emailed the owner of the apartment yesterday and she confirmed she will give a full refund if Portugal go on the quarantine list before we are due to go.

The flights will be different though I suspect. Ryanair will still fly even if quarantine has been put in place so that will be no refund. But I knew that when I booked so ain’t complaining

PeterH 07-09-2020 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grand aigle (Post 15386555)
...if its so good why do you think the government are trying to stop it??

Are you being purposefully simple?

How did you come to the conclusion from my post that the goverment are trying to stop it? There is a difference between open immigration and controlled immigration. The issue the society here has is resources. Not resources for the native population, but resources available so that new immigrants (and the most vulnerable of the native population) don't end up living in misery. Like some unfortunately do.

An application process allows potential immigrations to be made aware of what they will be facing when they arrive, and will allow some better preparation. In theory.

This is very different to an approach that seems to demonise and criminalise immigrants, and creates divisions in society that lead to shite like Brexit, and leads to unfortunate attitudes such as yours.

You are selfish. You have enjoyed the fruits of freedom of movement and have lived a content life with the benefits you received an accident of birth place. It is poor on your part that you wish to deny that possibility to others because it may cost you a little financially in taxes.

But you may be correct in one area. Perhaps that tax saving could be better put to use in improving education for the UK native population - because there is something in the bigger picture that you are not able to analyse.

PeterH 07-09-2020 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laboxers (Post 15387348)
Quarantine rules. They've just added 7 Greek islands as of Wednesday this week. Had a trip to Crete booked departing Saturday....now not able to go as not possible for my missus to quarantine on return!

Should get a full refund and possibly book somewhere else. But very frustrating

Sorry about that. Hope you can take a break when we are through this.

laboxers 07-09-2020 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15387394)
The refund bit will be interesting.

We’ve booked for Portugal in mid October. Paid for flights (Ryanair) but have apartment booked on a free cancellation via Booking.com until a month before we go. I emailed the owner of the apartment yesterday and she confirmed she will give a full refund if Portugal go on the quarantine list before we are due to go.

The flights will be different though I suspect. Ryanair will still fly even if quarantine has been put in place so that will be no refund. But I knew that when I booked so ain’t complaining

Sorry to hear. We booked through Easyjet as a full holiday. Their rules are if the country goes in to quarantine whether on arrival or departure before you travel they will cancel it, unless you state you still want to go. So should be all good there for refunds

Reps AJ 07-09-2020 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15387259)
I drive a BMW

I assumed you did :supergrin:

Brett 07-09-2020 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15387354)
Just say, 'f*ck off, we've joined the Nazi Party'

"So you're a Republican" says Cindy.

Worksop Palace 07-09-2020 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 15387530)
I assumed you did :supergrin:

:D

Fair point, well made

grand aigle 07-09-2020 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15387396)
Are you being purposefully simple?

How did you come to the conclusion from my post that the goverment are trying to stop it? There is a difference between open immigration and controlled immigration. The issue the society here has is resources. Not resources for the native population, but resources available so that new immigrants (and the most vulnerable of the native population) don't end up living in misery. Like some unfortunately do.

An application process allows potential immigrations to be made aware of what they will be facing when they arrive, and will allow some better preparation. In theory.

This is very different to an approach that seems to demonise and criminalise immigrants, and creates divisions in society that lead to shite like Brexit, and leads to unfortunate attitudes such as yours.

You are selfish. You have enjoyed the fruits of freedom of movement and have lived a content life with the benefits you received an accident of birth place. It is poor on your part that you wish to deny that possibility to others because it may cost you a little financially in taxes.

But you may be correct in one area. Perhaps that tax saving could be better put to use in improving education for the UK native population - because there is something in the bigger picture that you are not able to analyse.

you know absolutely NOTHING about my life, stop pretending you do! Yes I have lived in 3 different countries BUT I paid my own way....when I arrived in the USA I didnt expect them to put me in a free hotel and give me spending money and food (and sure enough they didnt), I also arrived via proper channels and had ID, so dont try and compare me to people who are escaping the dreadful war in Northern France..

Wolfnipplechips 07-09-2020 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grand aigle (Post 15387793)
you know absolutely NOTHING about my life, stop pretending you do! Yes I have lived in 3 different countries BUT I paid my own way....when I arrived in the USA I didnt expect them to put me in a free hotel and give me spending money and food (and sure enough they didnt), I also arrived via proper channels and had ID, so dont try and compare me to people who are escaping the dreadful war in Northern France..

Christ alive. What a wanker. :D

Yes. Let’s leave all refugees to others regardless of any responsibility we have as a wealthy country.

We’re an island. F*ck em. They’ll never get here first, they’ll have to go somewhere else to improve their lives. Genius plan.

I mean I improved mine because I was able to go where I wanted because I had moolah. I’m different don’t you know. A good old boy. Not a poor African or a bombed out Syrian. Different. Better. Wealthy. White.

I wouldn’t compare you with these people. You’re not in their league. They’ve had the guts and the ingenuity to escape intolerable conditions, risked their lives to attempt to better them.

What have you done?

RazorsEdge 07-09-2020 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grand aigle (Post 15387793)
you know absolutely NOTHING about my life, stop pretending you do! Yes I have lived in 3 different countries BUT I paid my own way....when I arrived in the USA I didnt expect them to put me in a free hotel and give me spending money and food (and sure enough they didnt), I also arrived via proper channels and had ID, so dont try and compare me to people who are escaping the dreadful war in Northern France..


I like a person who pays their way through proper channels, I would call you the salt if the earth, but....you don't know your own wife's ethnicity......(if you are speaking the truth of course) which stops me from doing that......damm these buts.......









Ps: there could be some sarcasm in my post...

RazorsEdge 07-09-2020 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 15387815)
Christ alive. What a wanker. :D

Yes. Let’s leave all refugees to others regardless of any responsibility we have as a wealthy country.

We’re an island. F*ck em. They’ll never get here first, they’ll have to go somewhere else to improve their lives. Genius plan.

I mean I improved mine because I was able to go where I wanted because I had moolah. I’m different don’t you know. A good old boy. Not a poor African or a bombed out Syrian. Different. Better. Wealthy. White.

I wouldn’t compare you with these people. You’re not in their league. They’ve had the guts and the ingenuity to escape intolerable conditions, risked their lives to attempt to better them.

What have you done?

He would have to find some bottle first....

Maz 07-09-2020 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grand aigle (Post 15387793)
you know absolutely NOTHING about my life,

That is certainly preferable.

Le Trapper 07-09-2020 10:33 PM

A war in Northern France.
Now that is something new !!!

Wolfnipplechips 07-09-2020 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Trapper (Post 15387973)
A war in Northern France.
Now that is something new !!!

Not particularly.

PeterH 08-09-2020 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grand aigle (Post 15387793)
you know absolutely NOTHING about my life, stop pretending you do! Yes I have lived in 3 different countries BUT I paid my own way....when I arrived in the USA I didnt expect them to put me in a free hotel and give me spending money and food (and sure enough they didnt), I also arrived via proper channels and had ID, so dont try and compare me to people who are escaping the dreadful war in Northern France..

I know one thing.

For someone so well travelled you have a very blinkered attitude to immigrants.

The joys and benefit of travel are lost on some people. Why didn-t you just stick to annual trips to Benidorm.

You posted your crap up and are now rightly getting shit for it. I love the way you are getting all gammony and upset. You brought this on yourself sweetcheeks.

Suck it up.

the digger 08-09-2020 06:29 AM

People who can't see that the quality of their life is a direct result of the sacrifices and exploitation faced by others.

People who make no effort to understand why they have enough money to "pay their own way" while others don't.

Maidstoned Eagle 08-09-2020 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15388254)

The joys and benefit of travel are lost on some people. Why didn-t you just stick to annual trips to Benidorm.

Poor Benidorm.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 08-09-2020 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15388511)
Poor Benidorm.

Got chucked out of a hotel in Benidorm as a yoof. Using the pool at 2a.m upset them a bit.::confused:

Sick Bucket 08-09-2020 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grand aigle (Post 15387793)
who are escaping the dreadful war in Northern France..

It is dreadful isn't it? I agree we should be doing more to help them, hopefully once we've left the EU the French will finally allow them all to just get on a one way ferry so they can travel in comfort to 'the land of hope and glory'.

grand aigle 08-09-2020 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15388254)
I know one thing.

For someone so well travelled you have a very blinkered attitude to immigrants.

The joys and benefit of travel are lost on some people. Why didn-t you just stick to annual trips to Benidorm.

You posted your crap up and are now rightly getting shit for it. I love the way you are getting all gammony and upset. You brought this on yourself sweetcheeks.

Suck it up.

Upset?? Not at all, just laughing at you! You and your insults...(sweetcheeks.??....how original).What dont you understand? I dont give a f*** what you think, this place is not real its just the BBS ...ps never been to Benidorm is it nice there?

Wolfnipplechips 08-09-2020 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grand aigle (Post 15388576)
Upset?? Not at all, just laughing at you! You and your insults...(sweetcheeks.??....how original).What dont you understand? I dont give a f*** what you think, this place is not real its just the BBS ...ps never been to Benidorm is it nice there?

Sociopath.

pallet 08-09-2020 09:54 AM

White skittles because of gay pride.

grand aigle 08-09-2020 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 15388580)
Sociopath.

Haha! Clown!

grand aigle 08-09-2020 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 15387899)
I like a person who pays their way through proper channels, I would call you the salt if the earth, but....you don't know your own wife's ethnicity......(if you are speaking the truth of course) which stops me from doing that......damm these buts.......









Ps: there could be some sarcasm in my post...

I know shes black im looking at her now, shes from Sri Lanka

Wolfnipplechips 08-09-2020 10:01 AM

Lots of rebuttals and denials from a bloke who doesn’t care what anybody thinks.

The daft wanker.:D:lux::D

chateauferret 08-09-2020 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grand aigle (Post 15388576)
Upset?? Not at all, just laughing at you! You and your insults...(sweetcheeks.??....how original).What dont you understand? I dont give a f*** what you think, this place is not real its just the BBS ...ps never been to Benidorm is it nice there?

*plonk*

Maz 08-09-2020 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grand aigle (Post 15388599)
I know shes black im looking at her now, shes from Sri Lanka

Indeed. How could you possibly be a racist if some of your best friends/wives are black ?

Brett 08-09-2020 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grand aigle (Post 15388599)
I know shes black im looking at her now, shes from Sri Lanka

Blimey, I only had to go to Mitcham before finding a woman to take me on. :D

Maidstoned Eagle 08-09-2020 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett (Post 15388632)
Blimey, I only had to go to Mitcham before finding a woman to take me on. :D

More expensive too.

Maidstoned Eagle 08-09-2020 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 15388518)
Got chucked out of a hotel in Benidorm as a yoof. Using the pool at 2a.m upset them a bit.::confused:

What was you using it for?

Worksop Palace 08-09-2020 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15388937)
What was you using it for?

*were

Maz 08-09-2020 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15388940)
*were

Whoosh

Wolfnipplechips 08-09-2020 01:51 PM

Too easy.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 08-09-2020 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15388937)
What was you using it for?

There was alcohol and a balcony involved. IIRCC.

Maidstoned Eagle 08-09-2020 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15388961)
Whoosh

;)

Worksop Palace 08-09-2020 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15388961)
Whoosh

I’m clearly not in on the joke. Not part of the right clique you see.....

I’m sure Wolfie got it immediately being such a witty chap and all...

Hmmmm

Maz 08-09-2020 03:34 PM

Maybe you should be more careful about assuming that people are illiterate?

davech 08-09-2020 03:35 PM

The race for the bottom in the Pikey Bingo market.

ChiswickEagle 08-09-2020 04:31 PM

Quarantine. I don’t really understand why it is more restrictive than lockdown.

Worksop Palace 08-09-2020 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15389257)
Maybe you should be more careful about assuming that people are illiterate?

:confused:

Wolfnipplechips 08-09-2020 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15389202)
I’m clearly not in on the joke. Not part of the right clique you see.....

I’m sure Wolfie got it immediately being such a witty chap and all...

Hmmmm

Obsessed.:D

PeterH 08-09-2020 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grand aigle (Post 15388576)
Upset?? Not at all, just laughing at you! You and your insults...(sweetcheeks.??....how original).What dont you understand? I dont give a f*** what you think, this place is not real its just the BBS ...ps never been to Benidorm is it nice there?

You are laughing at me?

Benidorm is full of immigrants, give it a swerve.

west country boy 08-09-2020 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 15388586)
White skittles because of gay pride.

:confused:

Maidstoned Eagle 08-09-2020 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15390625)
You are laughing at me?

Benidorm is full of immigrants, give it a swerve.

Nah, its full of holidaying gammons, he'd love it.

Brett 08-09-2020 10:47 PM

Tony Cozier got away with appropriating another culture for years and no-one batted an eyelid.

Also, Sue Perkins is a thing that annoys me.

Stuart2017 08-09-2020 10:51 PM

Having listened to him for many many years on TMS it was quite a shock when I saw him.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.