CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 24-01-2010 03:24 PM

And you got 10000 as well :p

Kaberle15 24-01-2010 07:08 PM

Pretty nervous right about now.

Need to put up some early points and get the Jets chasing the game.

pauldrulez 24-01-2010 07:21 PM

Have spent the afternoon arguing with a couple of girls from Boston who have decided they hate Peyton Manning more than the Jets.

God I hope the Jets lose big.

peagle 24-01-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Have spent the afternoon arguing with a couple of girls from Boston who have decided they hate Peyton Manning more than the Jets.

God I hope the Jets lose big.

I have decided that I agree.... just.

pauldrulez 24-01-2010 07:26 PM

See, I respect Manning. Plus, I think the Saints or Vikings could score points on the Colts.

I also think that the Colts would make for a better Superbowl.

If the Jets get to the Superbowl, I think they could shut down Adrian Peterson and put things in Favre's hands and they will have Sidney Rice shut down by Revis.

If Jets face the Saints, I think the Saints would walk it. Too many Receiving options and a very good O-Line.

zonin2000 24-01-2010 07:26 PM

My Vikes supporting mate is round for tonight's games.

http://imgur.com/N7FGj.jpg


Bit of pre game Madden.

http://imgur.com/kqaqK.jpg

pauldrulez 24-01-2010 07:26 PM

Oh, and I strongly hate the Jets.

Saints, Vikings, Colts...

....

...

...

Jets.

In that order.

While i'm at it. Off to take some odds on the Jets.

pauldrulez 24-01-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zonin2000
My Vikes supporting mate is round for tonight's games.

http://imgur.com/N7FGj.jpg


Bit of pre game Madden.

http://imgur.com/kqaqK.jpg

Looks good mate, if you do that for Conference Championship, bet you do a good Superbowl party :p

peagle 24-01-2010 07:28 PM

I respect Manning as well (not that I don;t also hate him!). But as I have said before, a superbowl, and even more a win, would significantly damage our status as team of the decade, it would certainly make it arguable.

jazman 24-01-2010 07:33 PM

Zonin, don't get me wrong but may I remind you that the Eagles haven't made it? ;) :D :o Good work though fellas :p

Strathclyde Eagle 24-01-2010 07:34 PM

The problem with banning yourself for a week. You can't quickly agree with posts like this:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
I love it. You can't call yourself an American Sports fan if you don't watch PTI.

Fact.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddiscombeEagle
i series link pardon the interuption, love it.

Actually I dislike it a bit more than normal in NFL season. Again, a rights issue by the looks of things. PTI works better with clips.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riccardo
Just wanted to say the playoffs this year have been the most exciting I've seen for ages.

There's been one great game, one other slightly compelling game. I'd say it's been very average, but just my opinion.

Bit worried about how this "Pants on the ground" guy from American Idol has hooked himself up with the Vikings. Also worried that only Ben will have the faintest idea what I'm on about here. http://generallarryplatt.com/

jazman 24-01-2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
The problem with banning yourself for a week. You can't quickly agree with posts like this:


Actually I dislike it a bit more than normal in NFL season. Again, a rights issue by the looks of things. PTI works better with clips.

There's been one great game, one other slightly compelling game. I'd say it's been very average, but just my opinion.

Bit worried about how this "Pants on the ground" guy from American Idol has hooked himself up with the Vikings. Also worried that only Ben will have the faintest idea what I'm on about here. http://generallarryplatt.com/

Why the self imposed ban fella?

And I don't think I will be signing up to ESPN. Don't get me wrong, great channel and so much to watch but I have got nothing at all done this weekend! I'm now even watching the Milan derby over the NFL tonight ... I will be flicking though.

Strathclyde Eagle 24-01-2010 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Why the self imposed ban fella?

Becuase I went 0-4 last week. No right to talk about anything. :D

jazman 24-01-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Becuase I went 0-4 last week. No right to talk about anything. :D


Ah. :D That's why I didn't predict ;)

Strathclyde Eagle 24-01-2010 07:43 PM

Your point re ESPN makes sense btw. I'm in much the same boat. When PTI doesn't have clips you might as well get the podcasts (free on Itunes or through ESPN.com).

pauldrulez 24-01-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peagle
I respect Manning as well (not that I don;t also hate him!). But as I have said before, a superbowl, and even more a win, would significantly damage our status as team of the decade, it would certainly make it arguable.

3 AFC Championship appearances vs 4 Superbowl appearances.

1 Superbowl win vs 3 Superbowl wins.

Only 16 game undefeated regular season.

It's not even close.

Brady vs Manning could get real close.

Manning has the MVPs while Brady has the Rings.

pauldrulez 24-01-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Becuase I went 0-4 last week. No right to talk about anything. :D

:D

Horrible.

I went 1-3 :lux:

I'm going for Colts and Saints.

But i've bet on the Jets and Vikings with the Spread :D

zonin2000 24-01-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Zonin, don't get me wrong but may I remind you that the Eagles haven't made it? ;) :D :o Good work though fellas :p

:(

peagle 24-01-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
3 AFC Championship appearances vs 4 Superbowl appearances.

1 Superbowl win vs 3 Superbowl wins.

Only 16 game undefeated regular season.

It's not even close.

Brady vs Manning could get real close.

Manning has the MVPs while Brady has the Rings.

Indy have the raw wins though. They far outstrip us in terms of that this decade and I think they have the highest from any decade. It's a pretty impressive figure :(

I'm going Colts, Saints so look forward to coming into some money Paul.

jazman 24-01-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Your point re ESPN makes sense btw. I'm in much the same boat. When PTI doesn't have clips you might as well get the podcasts (free on Itunes or through ESPN.com).

Thanks. I know I will have weak moments but have to factor in the family and not just me. This weekend has just proven to me that I shouldn't get however much my heart tries to over rule my head. I've just subscribed to the PTI podcast instead for now ... I've enjoyed the NBA, NHL and the additional football on offer but Sky Sports gives me enough sport to watch and it goes against my principles paying for another (and those evil looks from Mrs JM for even contemplating it! ;) )


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.