CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Strathclyde Eagle 19-12-2008 03:23 PM

I know I've posted it about 4000 times, but the Utah Jazz need to be renamed as the Utah Saints, purely for entertainment purposes.

Latvian Eagle 19-12-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
I'd just get authentics. And throwbacks. And possibly college jerseys of Fin greats... and Deion Sanders. That's about it. I don't like wearing shirts of teams I don't support. Doesn't feel right to me.

I appreciate your sentiments but I do love NFL jerseys! So smart! And you can wear them out a lot more than "soccer" shirts. :p

Benzhiyi 19-12-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
I'd just get authentics. And throwbacks. And possibly college jerseys of Fin greats... and Deion Sanders. That's about it. I don't like wearing shirts of teams I don't support. Doesn't feel right to me.

Right with you. When I was in the Reebok Outlet store last March they had LT and Antonio Gates baby blue Chargers jerseys for $30 and I was sorely tempted, but I just couldn't see myself ever wearing one. Palace, Sox, Fins... I can't cheat on any with them however pretty the alternative.

Latvian Eagle 19-12-2008 05:12 PM

I ended up picking up the Bears one. It was that or the Fins, but I couldn't see me wearing the teal one with anything! :confused:

Cowboys was my first choice but considering M drown me and their smallest size was XL I gave it a miss. Same with the Eagles which they only had in a L. Considered the Raiders with Russell 2 on it as it's probably the most generic outfit considering it has no Oakland or Raiders logo on it, putely the NFL Emblem, and the silver reebok logo and the numbering and lettering.

They had Falcons which I forgot to mention, and the Skins with Campbell.

saxoneagle 19-12-2008 05:46 PM

I kind of collect them rather than have them to wear.

pauldrulez 19-12-2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
Right with you. When I was in the Reebok Outlet store last March they had LT and Antonio Gates baby blue Chargers jerseys for $30 and I was sorely tempted, but I just couldn't see myself ever wearing one. Palace, Sox, Fins... I can't cheat on any with them however pretty the alternative.

Completely agree there, over the last month these are the shirts that I have gone to buy:
Sproles powder blue,
Felix Jones (Dallas home) :moo:
Chris Johnson (Titans home)
Ryan (Falcons white)
Flacco (Ravens purple)
Schaub (Houston) still tempted by that
Calvin Johnson (Lions)
Cutler (Broncos)
Fitzgerald and Boldin (Cards)
Brees (Saints)
Mendenhall, Polamalu (Steelers)
Gholston (away) couldn't have worn the green
Rodgers (GB home)
Peterson (Vikings)
Stewart and Williams (Carolina)

And what have I ended up with?

A Richard Seymour throwback jersey :D

pauldrulez 19-12-2008 11:09 PM

And, I don't think this has been mentioned yet

Richard Collier. That was an incredibly emotional moment and lucky for me I didn't fall asleep before the late game.

Just shows how a life can be ruined. 14 weeks ago he would have been starting for the Jags. Now he cant walk and is in a wheelchair for the rest of his life if I remember right.

The best moment was when they won the toss and it looked like he was welling up. To see a 6ft7 Lineman in that state must have been devastating for the rest of the team.

I hope the bastard that did it rots in hell

saxoneagle 19-12-2008 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
And, I don't think this has been mentioned yet

Richard Collier. That was an incredibly emotional moment and lucky for me I didn't fall asleep before the late game.

Just shows how a life can be ruined. 14 weeks ago he would have been starting for the Jags. Now he cant walk and is in a wheelchair for the rest of his life if I remember right.

The best moment was when they won the toss and it looked like he was welling up. To see a 6ft7 Lineman in that state must have been devastating for the rest of the team.

I hope the bastard that did it rots in hell


Yep, that was very sad and emotional and the Colts players looked quite taken aback too.

saxoneagle 19-12-2008 11:20 PM

I have:

Bettis - Steelers white
Brady - Pats blue
Favre - Packers green
Hester - Bears blue
Royal - Broncos white

jazman 19-12-2008 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
I'd just get authentics. And throwbacks. And possibly college jerseys of Fin greats... and Deion Sanders. That's about it. I don't like wearing shirts of teams I don't support. Doesn't feel right to me.

Baltimore Colts became Indianapolis Colts.
Cleveland Browns moved to Baltimore, weren't allowed to take the Browns name, so were renamed the Ravens.
Cleveland granted an expansion team, named the Browns.
Houston Oilers moved to Tennessee, who then realised that the Tennessee Oilers sounded stupid after relocation (see Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Lakers). Renamed the Titans.
Houston granted an expansion team, NFL and city miss a trick by not naming them the Oilers. Team named the Texans and given a stupid curly logo. Thank goodness they weren't formed any later, otherwise the curly cow logo would probably have a web 2.0 line/fade through it.

Think that covers everything in terms of recent moves (besides the two who moved from LA, but they are pretty simple in comparison).

Thanks for the education fella, appreciate it. Silly me, I assumed it was straight forward .. :)

jazman 19-12-2008 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
I know I've posted it about 4000 times, but the Utah Jazz need to be renamed as the Utah Saints, purely for entertainment purposes.

And for the New Orleans link as well ... :D

pauldrulez 20-12-2008 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Yep, that was very sad and emotional and the Colts players looked quite taken aback too.

I think Mannings reaction said it all, you cant quite see it properly on the video, but he bends and says something into his ear.

I know its wrong of me, but two of the quarterbacks that I like and would have time for are Manning and Romo. Both seem to have a likeable personality. And Romo doesn't deserve what goes on in Dallas with the circus. Its a joke.

Wow, that was a tangent and a half there. :D

elliott 20-12-2008 12:25 AM

Result...

Got myself into a set of Top Trumps...

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...39&id=61105595

saxoneagle 20-12-2008 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott
Result...

Got myself into a set of Top Trumps...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/ph...18&id=61105595


Spelling of Awerness is interesting :D

elliott 20-12-2008 12:40 AM

I can't believe that slipped through the net...

It's being fixed, and the culprid is being whipped to within an inch of his life...

Poor show.

elliott 20-12-2008 12:52 AM

Sorted now... Huzzah...

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...39&id=61105595

AddiscombeEagle 21-12-2008 11:45 AM

:lux: :lux:

What a game. I am absolutely exhausted this morning after staying up last night watching that. Brilliant game, how I didn't wake my two year old up with those two touchdowns by McGahee and Mclain at the end I will never know.:D

Great performance by Flacco on the night, after last weeks horror show he really showed up last night when it mattered, was very worried after that fumble at the start.

What a performance by Derrick Mason with one arm. Heroic.

Yeah, the Cowboys came back in the 4th, but I thought it was well deserved.

pauldrulez 21-12-2008 11:55 AM

I take it all back.

Romo is not a nice guy. He is a shit quarterback. I know the result and am watching it back now and after Reed gets a 2nd pick...

Jaz, don't come on here today. :(

Lots of unhappy AFC East fans today.

Useless :moo:girls.

I was right in everything I said about them.

pauldrulez 21-12-2008 11:55 AM

Oh, but congrats to the Ravens. McClain and Flacco are a great tandem.

jazman 21-12-2008 12:28 PM

Great game. I just love what the Ravens do and fair play to them. We were never in the game to be honest even though we got that early TD. I have to say Romo was poor, very poor indeed. I am disapointed but it has been the story of our season. Nearly men. Get ourselves into a decent position and blow it. Romo was found wanting big time.

Paul, I have no reason not to be on here today. I've always been a fair fan, never biased towards my team, simply enjoying the action. I feel you can do that in NFL whereas you can't with football.

Don't get me wrong, I am GUTTED about the result. We could still make it if results go our way today but and a result in Philly isn't beyond us. I just think that the QB position has let us down this season. If we make it to the play offs we'd be kidding ourselves.

Big congrats to the Ravens :p


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.