CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

PhuketEagle 21-11-2017 06:26 PM

Unused coconut milk going off after 1 day, leading to curry-induced 'spray' diarrhoea

Selhurst Celtic 21-11-2017 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhuketEagle (Post 13952448)
Unused coconut milk going off after 1 day, leading to curry-induced 'spray' diarrhoea

:D

Selhurst Celtic 21-11-2017 07:17 PM

Blokes (that aren't The Pope, pbuh) wearing a hat indoors. I wear a hat & feel like buckling digits that sit in a pub etc with their hat on. Pigs.

CT_Palace 21-11-2017 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skiddo (Post 13949639)
Telescopic shower curtain rails

a recipe for disaster.
Clever idea but on the whole, not fit for purpose.

elgin eagle 21-11-2017 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 13952582)
a recipe for disaster.
Clever idea but on the whole, not fit for purpose.

True. Can't see any stars either :)

Well not unless it falls on your head.

CT_Palace 21-11-2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13952611)
True. Can't see any stars either :)

Well not until it falls on your head.

EF the inevitable.

Jim Cannon 21-11-2017 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 13949504)
Don't like The Governess either,unpleasant.

Is it me or does she look like a man

elgin eagle 21-11-2017 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 13952614)
EF the inevitable.

Superglue the ends.

Hedgehog 21-11-2017 09:22 PM

Printers that won't print in Black only when one of the colour cartridges is out of ink.

very frustrating.

richdeniro 21-11-2017 11:59 PM

Portland Road in South Norwood.

I know this could apply to virtually any main road in London but it just always seems to be carnage and the basic highway code does not apply. Cars pulling out from all over the place, three point turns, overtaking of buses despite traffic coming in the other direction, parking wherever you want (including someone actually stopping dead in the middle of the road and holding up traffic to run into the Sainsburys), pedestrians & cyclists literally jumping out off the pavement into traffic into the road without looking, etc etc.

Am surprised there isn't an accident everyday.

CT_Palace 22-11-2017 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 13952761)
Printers that won't print in Black only when one of the colour cartridges is out of ink.

very frustrating.

try this: in the print page set up, check the "print in greyscale" or "print in black only" option.

Stellavista 22-11-2017 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richdeniro (Post 13952989)
Portland Road in South Norwood.

I know this could apply to virtually any main road in London but it just always seems to be carnage and the basic highway code does not apply. Cars pulling out from all over the place, three point turns, overtaking of buses despite traffic coming in the other direction, parking wherever you want (including someone actually stopping dead in the middle of the road and holding up traffic to run into the Sainsburys), pedestrians & cyclists literally jumping out off the pavement into traffic into the road without looking, etc etc.

Am surprised there isn't an accident everyday.

Na, happens everywhere now.
I don't know where these c*nts appeared from, but they're multiplying. Driving in London ceased being a pleasure a long time ago.

Hedgehog 22-11-2017 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 13953028)
try this: in the print page set up, check the "print in greyscale" or "print in black only" option.

I did, and was, then this quit working. I read in the manual this will only work for a few days, as all cartridges are all working during even black only printing:

Quote:

Because this feature is only available for approximately five days, replace the expended ink cartridge as soon as
possible
And...

Quote:

To keep the print head clear and ready to print, the printer uses a small amount of ink from all the cartridges whenever it prints. Even if you select Black/Grayscale, some color ink is still being used.
Epson printers contain a permanent print head that needs to be charged with all colors to work. Even when you are printing black text only, a small amount of color ink is used to keep the print head charged. The print head needs to be kept charged to prevent air bubbles from entering. Air bubbles can damage the print head.
Therefore, once one of the cartridges is expended, the printer signals you to replace the cartridge in order for printing to continue.

Maidstoned Eagle 22-11-2017 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 13953074)
I did, and was, then this quit working. I read in the manual this will only work for a few days, as all cartridges are all working during even black only printing:



And...

Select very dark purple or blue.

Isle of Wight 22-11-2017 09:00 AM

The BBC, again, in the latest government bash they claim that Philip Hammond is nicknamed "Spreadsheet Phill" one moment and the "box office Phil" next. Which is it or is just being derogatory for the sake of it? Poor journalism.

Blind_Eagle 22-11-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13953160)
Select very dark purple or blue.

Which won’t work either. :)

Maidstoned Eagle 22-11-2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 13953482)
Which wonít work either. :)

Does for me.

Really, if you're going to post occasionally make them worthwhile, won't you.

Stellavista 22-11-2017 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 13953176)
The BBC, again, in the latest government bash they claim that Philip Hammond is nicknamed "Spreadsheet Phill" one moment and the "box office Phil" next.

Yes, they could save themselves the effort and just call him 'that demonic c*nt'.

remmer 22-11-2017 06:40 PM

People who 'hover' behind you when you are using your computer.

Se9 eagles 22-11-2017 07:04 PM

Proper pork scratchings with real hairs growing out of them.....

Se9 eagles 22-11-2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Se9 eagles (Post 13953938)
Proper pork scratchings with real hairs growing out of them.....

Wrong bloody thread:supergrin:...

PeterH 22-11-2017 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remmer (Post 13953925)
People who 'hoover' behind you when you are using your computer.

This.

Isle of Wight 22-11-2017 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 13953728)
Yes, they could save themselves the effort and just call him 'that demonic c*nt'.

That would be preferable but may show they may have a bais in a more obvious fashion.

Hedgehog 22-11-2017 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remmer (Post 13953925)
People who 'hover' behind you when you are using your computer.

Worse are the ones that comment about what is on your screen.

"What's CPFC stand for?"

little al 23-11-2017 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 13954092)
Worse are the ones that comment about what is on your screen.

"What's CPFC stand for?"

Because its more fun than sittitng.

That'll confuse them.

Hedgehog 23-11-2017 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 13954387)
Because its more fun than sittitng.



That'll confuse them.


Took me a minute, but I got it in the end! [emoji106]

art malice 23-11-2017 12:31 PM

Made up football commentary, like Martin Tyler’s ‘it’s moments like these that can make or break a season’.

Fvck off

Dave McGregor 23-11-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 13954616)
Made up football commentary, like Martin Tylerís Ďitís moments like these that can make or break a seasoní.

Fvck off

Martin Tyler's commentaries full stop. Stat attack.

Jimmy Eagle 23-11-2017 02:06 PM

******* Subways in a petrol station. Sat waiting for some **** to make a sandwich when all I want to do is fill up my car. ITS A ******* PETROL STATION :wallbash: :veryangry

Neckinger Eagle 23-11-2017 03:23 PM

The Palace fans that think the HF should get preferential treatment when it comes to tickets. Iíve been a regular at Selhurst Park since the 70s. I cannot put into words how much it pushes my buttons that somehow waving a flag about and singing monastic chants is seen as more deserving than 40 years of loyalty

PIE "N" MASH 23-11-2017 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Eagle (Post 13954738)
******* Subways in a petrol station. Sat waiting for some **** to make a sandwich when all I want to do is fill up my car. ITS A ******* PETROL STATION :wallbash: :veryangry

Ditto coffee and pastrys,and being asked when paying for the petrol whether you would like a coffee and croissant .I'm astride a motorcycle you feckin peanut:veryangry

hatter8142 23-11-2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neckinger Eagle (Post 13954858)
The Palace fans that think the HF should get preferential treatment when it comes to tickets. Iíve been a regular at Selhurst Park since the 70s. I cannot put into words how much it pushes my buttons that somehow waving a flag about and singing monastic chants is seen as more deserving than 40 years of loyalty

100% right mate. And don't forget there pathetic wiggling of there fingers when we score, one of the good things about this season is that we haven't seen it that much.

Yoda 23-11-2017 03:33 PM

Neckinger, I’m not entirely sure what level of preferential treatment the HF receive?

If each individual still has to meet the same level of points as the rest of us, then I’m fine with it. I can understand how it helps to have the HF standing together if possible, so I’m OK if the club reserves a block for them.

Bouncing about all match isn’t my thing and in the past I have found myself surrounded by them at away matches. So I’ve moved seats if possible, but that’s harder on a sellout.

But if HF are able to obtain tickets without the same ticket history as the rest of the fans, then I agree that would be treating fans differently.

Little Fozzie 23-11-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatter8142 (Post 13954866)
100% right mate. And don't forget there pathetic wiggling of there fingers when we score, one of the good things about this season is that we haven't seen it that much.

Agreed that hf shouldn't be prioritised for tickets. But slagging them off for the way they generate atmosphere after a goal is more pathetic than their hands wiggling

art malice 23-11-2017 04:00 PM

My own parallel parking inconsistency

Spindle 23-11-2017 04:42 PM

I like live music but I can't stand the crowd getting involved with hand claps to the beat. Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

LEAVE IT TO THE ******* BAND YOU TWATS

NRM the 2nd 23-11-2017 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neckinger Eagle (Post 13954858)
The Palace fans that think the HF should get preferential treatment when it comes to tickets. Iíve been a regular at Selhurst Park since the 70s. I cannot put into words how much it pushes my buttons that somehow waving a flag about and singing monastic chants is seen as more deserving than 40 years of loyalty

In a nutshell

Hedgehog 23-11-2017 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neckinger Eagle (Post 13954858)
The Palace fans that think the HF should get preferential treatment when it comes to tickets. Iíve been a regular at Selhurst Park since the 70s. I cannot put into words how much it pushes my buttons that somehow waving a flag about and singing monastic chants is seen as more deserving than 40 years of loyalty

Especially if it involves the guy(s) who spend the whole game with their back to the game "conducting" the HF.

I never thought I would see that sort of think at a game in England, let alone at Palace.

PeterH 23-11-2017 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neckinger Eagle (Post 13954858)
The Palace fans that think the HF should get preferential treatment when it comes to tickets. Iíve been a regular at Selhurst Park since the 70s. I cannot put into words how much it pushes my buttons that somehow waving a flag about and singing monastic chants is seen as more deserving than 40 years of loyalty

I agree with the gist of your post entirely.

But who are the Palace fans that think the HF should get preferred ticket allocation treatment? On the BBS, at least, I have only seen criticism of this idea. It is not even clear that this situation actually exists. Okay, there have been allocated blocks at Wembley, and maybe at some away games. Is there evidence that they unfairly got a group allocation (not points dependant) for more difficult away games - like Brighton?

PeterH 23-11-2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spindle (Post 13954933)
I like live music but I can't stand the crowd getting involved with hand claps to the beat. Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

LEAVE IT TO THE ******* BAND YOU TWATS

What about when the band or singer encourage it as part of their show?

TBF. I find that a bit cringy. I don't participate - I'm not a performing monkey, the band are.

Fair enough for a boy band or the like with teenagers participating.

Skiddo 23-11-2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neckinger Eagle (Post 13954858)
The Palace fans that think the HF should get preferential treatment when it comes to tickets. Iíve been a regular at Selhurst Park since the 70s. I cannot put into words how much it pushes my buttons that somehow waving a flag about and singing monastic chants is seen as more deserving than 40 years of loyalty


This is one of the biggest myths going.

Are there members of the HF that get tickets before other fans? How does anyone possibly know every fan's season ticket/membership/loyalty point status?

Maidstoned Eagle 23-11-2017 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13954986)
What about when the band or singer encourage it as part of their show?

TBF. I find that a bit cringy. I don't participate - I'm not a performing monkey, the band are.

Fair enough for a boy band or the like with teenagers participating.

Donīt come to one of my gigs then.

Neckinger Eagle 23-11-2017 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 13954871)
Neckinger, Iím not entirely sure what level of preferential treatment the HF receive?

If each individual still has to meet the same level of points as the rest of us, then Iím fine with it. I can understand how it helps to have the HF standing together if possible, so Iím OK if the club reserves a block for them.

Bouncing about all match isnít my thing and in the past I have found myself surrounded by them at away matches. So Iíve moved seats if possible, but thatís harder on a sellout.

But if HF are able to obtain tickets without the same ticket history as the rest of the fans, then I agree that would be treating fans differently.

If you had read my post properly you will see that I started it with:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neckinger Eagle (Post 13954858)
The Palace fans that think the HF should get preferential treatment when it comes to tickets.

I'm not saying they actually do, I have no evidence of that.

However, let's look at the Huddersfield League Cup Tie. There they are, plumb in the middle of the Homesdale Road lower tier, behind the goal. That's got to be some well coordinated ticket buying plan to get them all to log on simultaneously to buy their tickets as soon as the tickets went on sale. As I say, I'm not saying it happens, but it does make you wonder?

Yes yes we could have got the whole crowd into Crofton Halls in Orpington and still had a few empty seats, but whay about trips to Wembley?

I'm not denying the fact that Parish Points exist, it's just that some people's Parish Points may be more equal than others, especially if they are 'improving the brand'.

Neckinger Eagle 23-11-2017 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13954981)
I agree with the gist of your post entirely.

But who are the Palace fans that think the HF should get preferred ticket allocation treatment? On the BBS, at least, I have only seen criticism of this idea. It is not even clear that this situation actually exists. Okay, there have been allocated blocks at Wembley, and maybe at some away games. Is there evidence that they unfairly got a group allocation (not points dependant) for more difficult away games - like Brighton?

This is the post that irrationally wound me up today:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spindle (Post 13954813)
...If the HF have any sense they will seek to migrate into the centre of the Holmesdale as some fans leave for the shiny new stand, or occupy and set up a new Whitehorse Lane end ultras noise making machine from day 1.

Yes, you hoi polloi, you disappear out of the seats you've been in for years so that the HF can move in. You see this kind of post dotted around the BBS. They aren't any better than you and me. and you know it will happen in the end. Go to a brand new stadium and you just know that the tasty seats won't be available to anybody apart from those that meet the marketing requirement.

PeterH 23-11-2017 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13955131)
Donīt come to one of my gigs then.

I have been to two of your gigs. I understand if you are now appealing to the old timer nostalgia crowd, you may be looking for a bit of participation. Somewhat like Real Slim Shady on Phoenix Nights.

Neckinger Eagle 23-11-2017 08:10 PM

OK, put it in a nutshell. I don't feel valued by the club that has stolen my weekends since I was in short trousers. It annoys me. Everybody happy now?

PeterH 23-11-2017 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neckinger Eagle (Post 13955166)
This is the post that irrationally wound me up today:



Yes, you hoi polloi, you disappear out of the seats you've been in for years so that the HF can move in. You see this kind of post dotted around the BBS. They aren't any better than you and me. and you know it will happen in the end. Go to a brand new stadium and you just know that the tasty seats won't be available to anybody apart from those that meet the marketing requirement.

TBF the tasty seats are not in Holmesdale Lower Blocks A and B. The best seats are probably in the Upper Tier Gallery.

Maidstoned Eagle 23-11-2017 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13955168)
I have been to two of your gigs. I understand if you are now appealing to the old timer nostalgia crowd, you may be looking for a bit of participation. Somewhat like Real Slim Shady on Phoenix Nights.

Getting the audience to clap and join in makes them old timers? How weird your logic works.

PeterH 23-11-2017 08:28 PM

Must have been mentioned before, but basic air travel etiquette and annoyances.

Some stuff is annoying and some stuff is things I just dont get.

1. I dont get better standing up in a queue when the plane is not ready to board yet. Especially if they are going to call premium class, old and young first.

2. I prefer to wait until the end and join the queue with the last four or five. Invariably there is another queue to actually get on the plane.

3. In reverse the serial latecomer. Not someone tht has been held up in traffic or some other excuse. But the dickheads that always swan around the airport, and decide to go and join their fellow passengers when they feel like it. You are all sat there wondering when the doors are going to close, and twatface walks in without a hint of embarrassment - plus you also have to wait for them to get their oversized bag squeezed in somewhere with the help of a steward moving shit around.

This is particularly annoying when twatface has the formerly unoccupied seat next to yours.

4. People waiting to the last possible moment, and even needing to be told, to turn their cellphones off. This can be applied to cinemas and theatres, too. Same people are the first to turn the phones on in the airplane at landing. They need their phones smashing. Wait ten minutes until you get off the plane, stand to one side and make your OH SO IMPORTANT phone call.

5. People standing up and rummaging in the overhead lockers the moment the plane has taken off. Organise yourself better before you take your seat arsewipes.

6. People immediately standing up and waiting like planks the moment the plane has landed. Most of you will have to wait for luggage, idiots.

7. People who bring their own food onto the flight. Kind of like my friends who make packed lunches - but now so obsessed about saving money they need to prepare something to take with them because airports are SOOOO EXPENSIVE. Not nearly as expensive as the flights you paid for, the transfers and everything else. Of course, I make an exception for people having to bring pot-a-yogu for the kids.

8. People taking the piss with regard to hand luggage definitions. Then getting humpity when they are called on it.

9. Airlines, for a large part, not really providing a great and friendly experience.

That will do for now.

PeterH 23-11-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13955179)
Getting the audience to clap and join in makes them old timers? How weird your logic works.

We ll meet again, dont know where, dont know when...

I dont remember you overly asking us to all clap and sing along when you played in London.

But the retired costa crowd probably love all that of an evening when they are enjoying their London Pride.

Every old cockney loves a singalong, especially if it comes with scampi in a basket.

Polak 23-11-2017 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH (Post 13954861)
Ditto coffee and pastrys,and being asked when paying for the petrol whether you would like a coffee and croissant .I'm astride a motorcycle you feckin peanut:veryangry

How about a pie and mash?

Maidstoned Eagle 23-11-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13955201)
We ll meet again, dont know where, dont know when...

I dont remember you overly asking us to all clap and sing along when you played in London.

But the retired costa crowd probably love all that of an evening when they are enjoying their London Pride.

Every old cockney loves a singalong, especially if it comes with scampi in a basket.

Now youīre just trying too hard to get a rise. Shame on you.

PIE "N" MASH 23-11-2017 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polak (Post 13955212)
How about a pie and mash?

I would remove my helmet for such affairs and indulge my taste buds in such delight:love::love:
Who wouldn't :confused:

PeterH 23-11-2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13955215)
Now youīre just trying too hard to get a rise. Shame on you.

I wasnt the first one to mention audience participation on this thread...

Climb, Climb, Sunshine Mountain...

PeterH 23-11-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH (Post 13954861)
Ditto coffee and pastrys,and being asked when paying for the petrol whether you would like a coffee and croissant .I'm astride a motorcycle you feckin peanut:veryangry

peanut LOL

Hedgehog 23-11-2017 08:56 PM

Things that annoy you
 
I can't disagree with much in Peter H's post about air travel.

There is a definite "I'm a frequent flyer, I know all the tricks" mentality out there, with people thinking they can screw the system.

I would add the seats made for midgets is my biggest annoyance though. That and inconsistent TSA requirements at security at different airports.

Stellavista 23-11-2017 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13955179)
Getting the audience to clap and join in makes them old timers? How weird your logic works.

Yes, it does. They should be throwing bottles of piss at the band, or nutting each other in the mosh pit.

Spindle 23-11-2017 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neckinger Eagle (Post 13955166)
This is the post that irrationally wound me up today:



Yes, you hoi polloi, you disappear out of the seats you've been in for years so that the HF can move in. You see this kind of post dotted around the BBS. They aren't any better than you and me. and you know it will happen in the end. Go to a brand new stadium and you just know that the tasty seats won't be available to anybody apart from those that meet the marketing requirement.

You're as bad as the squatters preventing the rebuild of Selhurst

PeterH 23-11-2017 09:48 PM

On the air travel one. At least on morning flights (any public transport), people that dont have the courtesy of taking a quick shower before heading out to the airport.

On my last flight, someone very close to us guffed as well. We had just landed, maybe he/she shit themselves. It was a real stinky poo.

Jim Cannon 23-11-2017 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13955195)
Must have been mentioned before, but basic air travel etiquette and annoyances.

Some stuff is annoying and some stuff is things I just dont get.

1. I dont get better standing up in a queue when the plane is not ready to board yet. Especially if they are going to call premium class, old and young first.

2. I prefer to wait until the end and join the queue with the last four or five. Invariably there is another queue to actually get on the plane.

3. In reverse the serial latecomer. Not someone tht has been held up in traffic or some other excuse. But the dickheads that always swan around the airport, and decide to go and join their fellow passengers when they feel like it. You are all sat there wondering when the doors are going to close, and twatface walks in without a hint of embarrassment - plus you also have to wait for them to get their oversized bag squeezed in somewhere with the help of a steward moving shit around.

This is particularly annoying when twatface has the formerly unoccupied seat next to yours.

4. People waiting to the last possible moment, and even needing to be told, to turn their cellphones off. This can be applied to cinemas and theatres, too. Same people are the first to turn the phones on in the airplane at landing. They need their phones smashing. Wait ten minutes until you get off the plane, stand to one side and make your OH SO IMPORTANT phone call.

5. People standing up and rummaging in the overhead lockers the moment the plane has taken off. Organise yourself better before you take your seat arsewipes.

6. People immediately standing up and waiting like planks the moment the plane has landed. Most of you will have to wait for luggage, idiots.

7. People who bring their own food onto the flight. Kind of like my friends who make packed lunches - but now so obsessed about saving money they need to prepare something to take with them because airports are SOOOO EXPENSIVE. Not nearly as expensive as the flights you paid for, the transfers and everything else. Of course, I make an exception for people having to bring pot-a-yogu for the kids.

8. People taking the piss with regard to hand luggage definitions. Then getting humpity when they are called on it.

9. Airlines, for a large part, not really providing a great and friendly experience.

That will do for now.

All of that, plus the wanker that is always sitting in front of you who reclines their seat as far back as possible at all times crushing you into your own seat. I take pride in exacting my revenge by getting up and knocking into the back of their chair while purporting to be going into the overhead lockers.

PeterH 23-11-2017 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 13955294)
All of that, plus the wanker that is always sitting in front of you who reclines their seat as far back as possible at all times crushing you into your own seat. I take pride in exacting my revenge by getting up and knocking into the back of their chair while purporting to be going into the overhead lockers.

YES, YES, YES....

It is the same wanker that does it immediately after the plane has taken off, and before the meal is served. He/She needs to get 40 minutes sleep in before the food is served.

I try and pay a little extra at booking or seat reservation to get the extra leg room seats to negate the joy of these tosspots.

Mr Mojo Risin 23-11-2017 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 13955294)
All of that, plus the wanker that is always sitting in front of you who reclines their seat as far back as possible at all times crushing you into your own seat. I take pride in exacting my revenge by getting up and knocking into the back of their chair while purporting to be going into the overhead lockers.

All of that and the above as well. Also I hate that the sheer number of flights at Heathrow and Gatwick means it takes ages to take off and land causing delays. Stop listening to nimbys and build some more runways. Apart from New York I have never been anywhere else in the world where this is such a problem.

Little Fozzie 23-11-2017 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 13955294)
All of that, plus the wanker that is always sitting in front of you who reclines their seat as far back as possible at all times crushing you into your own seat. I take pride in exacting my revenge by getting up and knocking into the back of their chair while purporting to be going into the overhead lockers.

I cant comprehend just how much of a selfish dickhead you have to be to do this. So annoying

Salad_Burnet 23-11-2017 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 13955352)
I cant comprehend just how much of a selfish dickhead you have to be to do this. So annoying

Did you notice its absence from PeterH's list of in-flight annoyances though?

For something so obvious, it was conspicuous by its absence. Very suspect.

Nostrils 23-11-2017 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 13955294)
All of that, plus the wanker that is always sitting in front of you who reclines their seat as far back as possible at all times crushing you into your own seat. I take pride in exacting my revenge by getting up and knocking into the back of their chair while purporting to be going into the overhead lockers.

I saw on a program, I can't remember which one, there is on the market a simple gadget that you can slyly fix to the chair in front of yours that prevents it from reclining.

cappuccinoeagle 23-11-2017 10:54 PM

The fact that El Mexicana in Sutton appears to have closed.

cantspell 23-11-2017 11:10 PM

BBC motd97 or whatever they call themselves glorifying the wankstain cantona

Oldtown Eagle 23-11-2017 11:10 PM

:rolleyes: Black Friday now has become entrenched in the never ending treadmill of commercial scams to enslave mankind. Christmas, Easter, Valentines, Mothers, Father's Day (be good to them all year), Firework night and the complete nonsense of Halloween. Get rid of the lot and just give spontaneously and sincerely.

Hedgehog 23-11-2017 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin (Post 13955332)
All of that and the above as well. Also I hate that the sheer number of flights at Heathrow and Gatwick means it takes ages to take off and land causing delays. Stop listening to nimbys and build some more runways. Apart from New York I have never been anywhere else in the world where this is such a problem.

That has to be of the most annoying/frustrating things ever.

The plane lands early and you get sort of excited, only to be stuck on a taxiway for an hour because there is no gate available.

It inevitably happens every time at the big hub airports in The US. What is the point of taking off on time only to sit on the runway for an inordinate time when you land at the other end. Seems to get worse as the day goes on for obvious reasons. So many people missing connections.

A year or so back coming from Hawaii to Los Angeles (a 5 hour flight), we landed a little early, and proceeded to spend the next hour and half taxing around the airport looking for somewhere to park - The controllers kept moving the plane to keep taxiways clear. A bit like Sainsbury's car park I guess. You could tell even the captain was getting pissed off! At least we were home and I didn't have to get up the next morning...

little al 24-11-2017 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 13955364)
I saw on a program, I can't remember which one, there is on the market a simple gadget that you can slyly fix to the chair in front of yours that prevents it from reclining.

https://www.gadgetduck.com/goods/kneedefender.html

Hedgehog 24-11-2017 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 13955522)

So it only works if you have the tray down? Not sure which is worse to be honest?

PeterH 24-11-2017 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet (Post 13955361)
Did you notice its absence from PeterH's list of in-flight annoyances though?

For something so obvious, it was conspicuous by its absence. Very suspect.

I never recline my seat. Probably why I cant sleep on flight TBH.

thefox 24-11-2017 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 13955526)
So it only works if you have the tray down? Not sure which is worse to be honest?

Dont worry you wouldnt have a tray for too long.

LN1 24-11-2017 07:03 AM

On long-haul flights when the rear rows are called you are always stood in the queue with someone in front obviously holding a ticket with a row 20 rows forward to those called. That person in front always still manages to board anyway and is never held back.

When your rows 45 to 65 are called you will always meet someone at row 30 (that hasn't been called) who is leisurely unpacking things between the locker and his seat. This person then gives a black look at the growing queue waiting for him to shift out the way. In the 45 minutes the guy was sat twiddling his thumbs at the gate he never thought to put his bits and bobs in a carrier bag to take to his seat so he could just sit straight down after stowing his main bag.

People stood in the aisle next where you are seated and you just know that you are going to be asked if you could move so that someone can sit with their partner or friend. Not only on the plane but Singapore airlines have pulled me out the queue twice asking if I can move my selected seat to accommodate people who want to sit together.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 24-11-2017 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 13955352)
I cant comprehend just how much of a selfish dickhead you have to be to do this. So annoying

I simply leave my knees exactly where they were before the seat was reclined when this happens. The seat invariably returns to its upright position before long

Den Haag Eagle 24-11-2017 10:40 AM

Something I am seeing more and more is the latest craze on flights, where you board the plane and put your hand luggage in the first available space, then proceed to the back of the plane where your seat is. Thus blocking the luggage space for people sitting near the front.
I find this quite annoying

Maidstoned Eagle 24-11-2017 11:50 AM

My wife announcing that she has decided WE should go vegetarian........and then not understanding my logic when I announced that I have decided WE should become alcoholics.

Johnnieboy 24-11-2017 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13955748)
My wife announcing that she has decided WE should go vegetarian........and then not understanding my logic when I announced that I have decided WE should become alcoholics.

Alcohol is, I believe, mostly vegetarian so it's a win:win for your household

Maidstoned Eagle 24-11-2017 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 13955759)
Alcohol is, I believe, mostly vegetarian so it's a win:win for your household

I will bring that up at the next meeting. :p

andyocpfc 24-11-2017 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13955748)
My wife announcing that she has decided WE should go vegetarian........and then not understanding my logic when I announced that I have decided WE should become alcoholics.


The thought of eating a meal that doesnít contain a form of meat disgusts me. Even if my miss Andyo was to cook a pasta meal I always say okay, but make sure it has meat in it. Fruit is the only thing I can eat which doesnít contain meat, and even that I often think would go okay with chicken.

Maidstoned Eagle 24-11-2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 13955764)
The thought of eating a meal that doesnít contain a form of meat disgusts me. Even if my miss Andyo was to cook a pasta meal I always say okay, but make sure it has meat in it. Fruit is the only thing I can eat which doesnít contain meat, and even that I often think would go okay with chicken.

Lemon chicken

Try pork medallions in peaches and cream sauce.....oooooooh.

Stellavista 24-11-2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13955772)
Lemon chicken

Try pork medallions in peaches and cream sauce.....oooooooh.

http://gangster.squarespace.com/stor...=1254415733604

Stellavista 24-11-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13955748)
My wife announcing that she has decided WE should go vegetarian........and then not understanding my logic when I announced that I have decided WE should become alcoholics.

:lux:

Stellavista 24-11-2017 01:20 PM

The wankers that are Camden Council approving a huge development that will add 14 storey blocks in a low rise area, less access to a new supermarket, and a f*cking 'rooftop chilli farm', all for an 11m bung.

To start construction next year, coinciding with the HS2 debacle that is already screwing up the south of the borough. Ten years of chaos to look forward to.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 24-11-2017 01:23 PM

Delaying a shower because you think you might need a shit. It gets too late to delay the shower further because you have to leave soon.

The second you step out of the shower, you need a shit

Big Gal 24-11-2017 01:29 PM

Donating quality items to charity shops only to find they never reach the shelves😡😡

civil eagle 24-11-2017 02:30 PM

Fat moon faced colleagues noisily grazing on junk food all day

stange555 24-11-2017 02:33 PM

House buyers that pull out.

elgin eagle 24-11-2017 02:35 PM

Idiots in charge of things.

foetus eagle 24-11-2017 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 13955842)
Delaying a shower because you think you might need a shit. It gets too late to delay the shower further because you have to leave soon.

The second you step out of the shower, you need a shit


The French have a solution for this:

Waffle stomp

Vince Hilaire's Afro 24-11-2017 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foetus eagle (Post 13955960)
The French have a solution for this:

Waffle stomp

I clicked the link regardless, but knew what to expect.

Strangely though, the 'shit urge' doesn't normally emerge until that moment you step fresh out if the shower. Showers are more for urinating in, of course.

Hedgehog 24-11-2017 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LN1 (Post 13955537)
On long-haul flights when the rear rows are called you are always stood in the queue with someone in front obviously holding a ticket with a row 20 rows forward to those called. That person in front always still manages to board anyway and is never held back.

When your rows 45 to 65 are called you will always meet someone at row 30 (that hasn't been called) who is leisurely unpacking things between the locker and his seat. This person then gives a black look at the growing queue waiting for him to shift out the way. In the 45 minutes the guy was sat twiddling his thumbs at the gate he never thought to put his bits and bobs in a carrier bag to take to his seat so he could just sit straight down after stowing his main bag.

People stood in the aisle next where you are seated and you just know that you are going to be asked if you could move so that someone can sit with their partner or friend. Not only on the plane but Singapore airlines have pulled me out the queue twice asking if I can move my selected seat to accommodate people who want to sit together.

I think various airlines are trying different grouping when boarding. They all appear to have a different logic (The new crazy BA one to board in order of what you paid for the ticket having zero logic).

On a recent United Airlines trip it appeared that Group 1 & 2 was for the rich and famous, plus the usual preferred boarding folks. Group 3 was for all the window seating people, Group 4 the middle row, and Group 5 the isle seats.

It sort of worked, but by the time Group 5 boarded there was no bin space left.

Luckily, as much as I now dislike window seats at least I was Group 3 and got on reasonably early. As alluded to though, this does not stop the people near the front getting on prior to the people at the back regardless of group which causes isle block.

davech 24-11-2017 05:04 PM

Beagle Street ads. Lets stop what we are doing and phone up for insurance.

I'm waiting for the post-watershed version where she stops him mid-shag and hands him the phone.

danpalace07 24-11-2017 05:48 PM

Everton fans (and certain pundits) still insisting Niasse's dive was a clear penalty and acting the victims over his ban. Were they watching a different match to us?

PIE "N" MASH 24-11-2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Gal (Post 13955848)
Donating quality items to charity shops only to find they never reach the shelves😡😡

Charity shop in Laindon have an ebay account and sell the really good stuff there.All open and above board,others i suspect are not:p

davech 24-11-2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 13955997)
I clicked the link regardless, but knew what to expect.

Strangely though, the 'shit urge' doesn't normally emerge until that moment you step fresh out if the shower. Showers are more for urinating in, of course.

Pissing, please!

And it is eco-friendly too, as it saves the water you would have used flushing.

BECKS66 24-11-2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 13955842)
Delaying a shower because you think you might need a shit. It gets too late to delay the shower further because you have to leave soon.

The second you step out of the shower, you need a shit

Had a real bad case of the trots in Turkey once while in the shower. Didn't have time to get out, does that make me a wrong un.

PeterH 24-11-2017 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LN1 (Post 13955537)
in a carrier bag

Hmmmm. Carrier Bag Wankers...

As in take a Carrier Bag to football and wait outside the Players Entrance for autographs.

Special breed of fan that you know his whole life is based on the 8 hours he spends at Selhurst from arriving at 11am to the disappointed look when the bouncers turf him out of Crystals at 7pm.

PeterH 24-11-2017 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH (Post 13956246)
Charity shop in Laindon have an ebay account and sell the really good stuff there.All open and above board,others i suspect are not:p

When I was last back I found charity shops great for books.

I was passing through Bexhill, don't ask, a town full of them. Bought about 20 books at probably a quid each.

PeterH 24-11-2017 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13955748)
My wife announcing that she has decided WE should go vegetarian.....

Get that idea out of her head Pete. Smartish. Let's not have that one festering in there.

I can barely tolerate a day without meat (or fish) in the diet.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.