CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

PeterH 20-12-2022 04:46 PM

TBF I find Happy Holidays fine for yanks to say. Given their period runs at least from Thanksgiving to New Year. They don't get the holiday time that many other countries get (the modal that our beloved tories want to copy for the plebs).

I reckon you would have a real beef if you came across Brits using the expression.

Eagle's Nest 20-12-2022 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16760152)
Being told Happy holidays every five mins in the USA You say happy Diwali Happy Hanukkah and Eid Mubarak why canít you say Happy Christmas ?

Probably because you don't get much annual leave in the US...

Chris K 21-12-2022 11:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Twitter's new algorithm. It's like it's inciting me to hatred and anger, no longer am seeing I posts from Palace supporters I follow but ones by absolute arseholes like Farage, Mike Graham, Dan Wootton etc telling me their views on bloody Harry & Meghan, why nurses are scum etc etc. Followed by comments from the absolute arseholes that follow them. All I did was click on a GB News story a few weeks back for amusement and i've been hindered ever since

Can't I go back to just seeing Whyteleafe Eagle's pics of Selhurst in the 70s/80s. Nice one Musk you complete tosser

Maidstoned Eagle 21-12-2022 02:36 PM

Block them, works for me.

Sick Bucket 21-12-2022 03:15 PM

The Daily Mail headline this morning, aimed at the striking ambulance workers along the lines of 'how could you?'

The ******* Daily Mail who are complicit in their backing of the Tories and Brexit that have caused this utter mess.

'How will they live with themselves if people die today?'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-64046986

laboxers 21-12-2022 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 16760990)
The Daily Mail headline this morning, aimed at the striking ambulance workers along the lines of 'how could you?'

The ******* Daily Mail who are complicit in their backing of the Tories and Brexit that have caused this utter mess.

'How will they live with themselves if people die today?'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-64046986

Sadly, I wouldnt expect any less from that sh!t rag though

Hedgehog 21-12-2022 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16760152)
Being told Happy holidays every five mins in the USA You say happy Diwali Happy Hanukkah and Eid Mubarak why canít you say Happy Christmas ?

Check-out girl at the grocery store wished me Happy Christmas this morning... just saying.

Hedgehog 21-12-2022 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16758411)
I think the saying, "Are you sure?" used to be a bit of a saying in England before I left. Hard to put into context or to spell it out how it was said but it was said dripping with sarcasm.

Thinking about this must have stirred some old memories in my beady brain...

This morning I saw a van pull up at the grocery store and it was the "armored" money pick-up delivery vehicle. Trouble was it didn't look very "armored" and in my head I found myself saying (As I tend to do!), "A Transit van, are you sure"?

A classic example of how the saying was used, and not something I've probably used in 30 years!

TopKnot 21-12-2022 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris K (Post 16760862)
Twitter's new algorithm. It's like it's inciting me to hatred and anger, no longer am seeing I posts from Palace supporters I follow but ones by absolute arseholes like Farage, Mike Graham, Dan Wootton etc telling me their views on bloody Harry & Meghan, why nurses are scum etc etc. Followed by comments from the absolute arseholes that follow them. All I did was click on a GB News story a few weeks back for amusement and i've been hindered ever since

Can't I go back to just seeing Whyteleafe Eagle's pics of Selhurst in the 70s/80s. Nice one Musk you complete tosser

I think it could be because someone you follow also follows people like that? I used to sometimes get tweets from people like Darren Grimes (who I immediately blocked) becuase Steve Parish would be following them.

But yeah its annoying when you look at one thing out of curiosity then suddenly your feed is flooded with similar things. Recently has happened with Leeds Utd, NFL, some NFT shit, etc, had to give my blocking finger a bit of a workout

croydon proud 21-12-2022 06:35 PM

People, usually white working class, who moan about the CONservatives, usually that they are skint due to the state the CONS have got the country in- but then say- "but who else can you vote for?". Thickos- of the highest order!

eaglesheart 21-12-2022 08:45 PM

The one's that really annoy me are all these planks that voted to remain. They slag off a true patriot like Nigel Farage, a national institute like The Daily Mail and constantly call for lists of Brexit benefits. Well I have news for you guys , there aren't any.

RazorsEdge 21-12-2022 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaglesheart (Post 16761151)
The one's that really annoy me are all these planks that voted to remain. They slag off a true patriot like Nigel Farage, a national institute like The Daily Mail and constantly call for lists of Brexit benefits. Well I have news for you guys , there aren't any.

Lololololol

Maiden Eagle 21-12-2022 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaglesheart (Post 16761151)
The one's that really annoy me are all these planks that voted to remain. They slag off a true patriot like Nigel Farage, a national institute like The Daily Mail and constantly call for lists of Brexit benefits. Well I have news for you guys , there aren't any.

Enjoy your trip to the Nest, sorry I mean Selhurst Park, on Boxing Day.

eaglesheart 21-12-2022 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle (Post 16761202)
Enjoy your trip to the Nest, sorry I mean Selhurst Park, on Boxing Day.

I will thank you. I'm looking forward to a bag of Percy Dalton's being thrown at me by that charming old lady.

cageyk 22-12-2022 12:23 PM

Ear worms - and a Palace chant using a seasonal song heard everywhere at this time.
Don't get me wrong it's a great chant that still makes me smile but hours of repetition hmm.

It's - There's only one Shefki Kuqi, one Shefki Kuqi, used to be shite but now he's alright, walking in a Shefki wonderland.

Other ear worms are of course available!

Hedgehog 23-12-2022 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cageyk (Post 16761430)
Ear worms - and a Palace chant using a seasonal song heard everywhere at this time.
Don't get me wrong it's a great chant that still makes me smile but hours of repetition hmm.

It's - There's only one Shefki Kuqi, one Shefki Kuqi, used to be shite but now he's alright, walking in a Shefki wonderland.

Other ear worms are of course available!

I hadn't heard that term (Ear worm) so had to look it up. Must say it is a great name for the phenomenon!

I also read that a cure is to start singing "God Save the King" in your head, that or the "Happy Birthday" song. I'll have to remember that next time I get a song stuck in my head.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 23-12-2022 07:16 AM

The song "It's begining to look like Christamas" every 5 ******* minutes on the radio and telly.

Adlerhorst 23-12-2022 07:25 AM

I have been banned from consuming grapefruit.

I like grapefruit

pallet 23-12-2022 08:05 AM

Christmas

Freddy the Fish 23-12-2022 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 16761808)
I have been banned from consuming grapefruit.

I like grapefruit


I'm guessing that's statins related?

Walter Wort 23-12-2022 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 16761808)
I have been banned from consuming grapefruit.

I like grapefruit

You have my sympathy.
I love grapefruit juice but am not allowed it on account of one of the cocktail of bp meds I have to take.
Not statins, though.

west country boy 23-12-2022 10:43 AM

I didnít know until fairly recently how many drugs mustnít be combined with grapefruit.

Reps AJ 23-12-2022 11:24 AM

Grapefruit.

Completely mislabelled. Sounds lovely, tastes horrible.

wedgetail 23-12-2022 11:26 AM

They taste beautiful.

Maidstoned Eagle 23-12-2022 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 16761805)
The song "It's begining to look like Christamas" every 5 ******* minutes on the radio and telly.

"Christamas"? Is it sung by Sylvester and Tweety?

PeterH 23-12-2022 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16761891)
I didnít know until fairly recently how many drugs mustnít be combined with grapefruit.

I read an article about six months about grapefruit being a killer for some people. Took me aback.

Lots on the net.

'Grapefruit interferes with proteins in the small intestine and liver that normally break down many medications. Eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice while taking these medications can lead to higher levels of them in your blood ó and more side effects.'

RazorsEdge 23-12-2022 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 16761911)
Grapefruit.

Completely mislabelled. Sounds lovely, tastes horrible.

It does taste horrible and o donít drink it , yuk

Aquila_17 23-12-2022 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16761891)
I didnít know until fairly recently how many drugs mustnít be combined with grapefruit.

Do they include weed?

west country boy 23-12-2022 11:02 PM

u r so kewl

Hedgehog 23-12-2022 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16762255)
It does taste horrible and o donít drink it , yuk

Not a fan of Greyhounds then?

Hedgehog 23-12-2022 11:12 PM

There are 8 houses on our little cul-de-sac. One has a family of five (husband, wife, son and 2 daughters). One girl has her boyfriend who is the father of her baby also living there, and the son has his girlfriend living there even when he is away at college.

I make that 7 adults, and each one of them has a car which are parked all up and down our little street.

Wankers.

Prince Phillip 23-12-2022 11:17 PM

This whole LadBaby nonsense. And more-over, the charts aren't really the charts anymore are they? The Sellotape holding together the physical purchase and download eras is stretched to breaking point. Records from the 60s, 70s & 80s are not really being broken. Chalk and cheese.

Prince Phillip 23-12-2022 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16762276)
There are 8 houses on our little cul-de-sac. One has a family of five (husband, wife, son and 2 daughters). One girl has her boyfriend who is the father of her baby also living there, and the son has his girlfriend living there even when he is away at college.

I make that 7 adults, and each one of them has a car which are parked all up and down our little street.

Wankers.

All American suburban houses in the movies are about an acre apart.

Hedgehog 23-12-2022 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16762279)
All American suburban houses in the movies are about an acre apart.


Maybe if you live in Texas or rural Tennessee.

Houses round here you can pass the salt to your neighbor through the kitchen window!

Joe85 24-12-2022 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16762277)
This whole LadBaby nonsense. And more-over, the charts aren't really the charts anymore are they? The Sellotape holding together the physical purchase and download eras is stretched to breaking point. Records from the 60s, 70s & 80s are not really being broken. Chalk and cheese.


Iím trying to work out who the celebrity lookalikes are meant to be:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...60a4fe7ec2.jpg

Iíve got the obvious ones: Boy George, Elton John, Liam, Stormzy.

west country boy 24-12-2022 12:28 AM

Kylie Minogue? Robbie Williams/Gareth Gates? Ed Sheeran? will.i.am? F~ck knows.

west country boy 24-12-2022 12:28 AM

That's not supposed to be Adele is it?

Nostrils 24-12-2022 01:14 AM

Did The Money Saving Expert enjoy chart success? I didn't see him having the charisma to be a front man, must've missed that.

LN1 24-12-2022 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16762292)
Iím trying to work out who the celebrity lookalikes are meant to be:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...60a4fe7ec2.jpg

Iíve got the obvious ones: Boy George, Elton John, Liam, Stormzy.

Two of them seem to be hedging their bets? Boy George could do Keith Lemon on another night and Gareth Gates appears to be morphing into Robbie Williams! Ed Sheeran is just any bloke with ginger hair and why Pete Waterman is ducking down in front of David Duchovny I don't know?

Maidstoned Eagle 24-12-2022 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16762288)
Maybe if you live in Texas or rural Tennessee.

Houses round here you can pass the salt to your neighbor through the kitchen window!

Is that a euphemism?

RazorsEdge 24-12-2022 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16762271)
Not a fan of Greyhounds then?

Haha, nope

CT_Palace 24-12-2022 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16762362)
Is that a euphemism?

:D
It should be

Prince Phillip 24-12-2022 12:04 PM

"Robbie Williams" in that photo is what I imagine every League Two Centre Half looks like.

Latvian 24-12-2022 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16762292)
Iím trying to work out who the celebrity lookalikes are meant to be:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...60a4fe7ec2.jpg

...Stormzy.

Lukaku making up for the lack of goal bonuses?

Stavros 69 24-12-2022 02:48 PM

Toil foil cuts

Hedgehog 24-12-2022 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16762292)
Iím trying to work out who the celebrity lookalikes are meant to be:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...60a4fe7ec2.jpg

Iíve got the obvious ones: Boy George, Elton John, Liam, Stormzy.

What about the one in the red shirt and Santa hat in the front row?

The only one I can think of is Rachael Ray, but not sure she is a celebrity in the UK.

Martin H 24-12-2022 06:31 PM

I know I am not great at recognising faces at the best of times but I would have to say they are a pretty poor bunch aren't they?

Joe85 24-12-2022 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 16762686)
I know I am not great at recognising faces at the best of times but I would have to say they are a pretty poor bunch aren't they?

The Martin Lewis lookalike is pretty decent.

Martin H 24-12-2022 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16762694)
The Martin Lewis lookalike is pretty decent.

Whoosh ...... for me I am afraid. But as I said, I am rubbish at faces

Joe85 24-12-2022 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 16762700)
Whoosh ...... for me I am afraid. But as I said, I am rubbish at faces

Iím with you, and the supposed Robbie Williams lookalike on the right is taking the absolute piss out of the trade description act.

Hedgehog 24-12-2022 07:30 PM

Is John Terry in there somewhere?

Maidstoned Eagle 24-12-2022 11:00 PM

People that day stuff like "Murky Crinklemus" and "Haddy Burpday".... if you can't say it properly, don't fucjing say it!

Jim Cannon 25-12-2022 12:33 AM

People who go on “holibobs”. Don’t hurry back

Maidstoned Eagle 25-12-2022 09:05 AM

"Nom nom"

Fvck off

Vendy 25-12-2022 12:31 PM

Gawgus

Cyneagle 25-12-2022 12:46 PM

Having to visit family on Christmas day using the car so can't have a drink.

Cabs double up the fare, f*ck them.

Reps AJ 25-12-2022 01:07 PM

It's just been on the news that the King will pay tribute to the Queen in his speech today.

Really? No shit. How is this news? It would be news if he wasn't.

adrenalin john 25-12-2022 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 16762929)
It's just been on the news that the King will pay tribute to the Queen in his speech today.

Really? No shit. How is this news? It would be news if he wasn't.

'Thanks for finally dieing, you took your ******* time you piss adled old queen.

But as I am now King I would like to take this opportunity to recommend Duchy of Cornwall free range eggs and gammon to all. After all I have a massive inheritance tax bill to pay, full of zeros it is.

Oh and any sheiks out there, I am still up for all sorts of work, normal suitcases of cash terms.

Tune in next year to see me get crowned amidst media sychophancy gone mad.

Oh ans if you don't like I'll do you just like I did Dodi and Diana

Chris K 25-12-2022 02:23 PM

It's 13:20 and my mum is refusing to start cooking until she's finished breakfast. All offers of doing it for her have been point blank refused. She's just been to the kitchen making me think "here we go, progress" but she's returned witha mince pie and brandy butter and still refusing to do anything or let anyone else do anything. If I don't make an appearance on the family Christmas row thread it'll be an f-ing miracle

Polak 25-12-2022 02:23 PM

Wife testing positive for covid at 10am today.

west country boy 25-12-2022 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrenalin john (Post 16762932)
'Thanks for finally dieing, you took your ******* time you piss adled old queen.

But as I am now King I would like to take this opportunity to recommend Duchy of Cornwall free range eggs and gammon to all. After all I have a massive inheritance tax bill to pay, full of zeros it is.

Oh and any sheiks out there, I am still up for all sorts of work, normal suitcases of cash terms.

Tune in next year to see me get crowned amidst media sychophancy gone mad.

Oh ans if you don't like I'll do you just like I did Dodi and Diana

You appear to have gone full PeterH.

Polak 25-12-2022 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris K (Post 16762940)
It's 13:20 and my mum is refusing to start cooking until she's finished breakfast. All offers of doing it for her have been point blank refused. She's just been to the kitchen making me think "here we go, progress" but she's returned witha mince pie and brandy butter and still refusing to do anything or let anyone else do anything. If I don't make an appearance on the family Christmas row thread it'll be an f-ing miracle

Have another drink. It's what I'm doing.

west country boy 25-12-2022 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16762813)
People that day stuff like "Murky Crinklemus" and "Haddy Burpday".... if you can't say it properly, don't fucjing say it!

Or "Feliz Navidad" ffs. What does that donkey-molesting shit even mean?

PeterH 25-12-2022 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16762942)
You appear to have gone full PeterH.

Why?

I am not anti-monarchy.

I briefly chatted to The Queen once. Shared a joke.

PeterH 25-12-2022 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16762946)
Or "Feliz Navidad" ffs. What does that donkey-molesting shit even mean?

Happy Christmas.

PeterH 25-12-2022 03:57 PM

Anyhoo. The missus in my ear for seemingly being a lazy fecker. Regardless of the fact I was up 2 hours before anyone else today doing house and garden jobs.

Pissing about on the BBS it is then.

biggus mickus 25-12-2022 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16762957)
Happy Christmas.

Nothing happy ever happens to stumpy Mike.

Feliz Navidad Pedro.:lux:

adrenalin john 25-12-2022 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus mickus (Post 16762961)
Nothing happy ever happens to stumpy Mike.

Feliz Navidad Pedro.:lux:

In fairness the seasons do change around the garden gnome, even if he is destined never to catch a fish from the pond.

Feliz Navidad Emigrantes

PeterH 25-12-2022 04:18 PM

I have noticed a change since he moved to Hardy country. He gets short with people. Maybe it is lot like The Shire there and he isn't the only vertically challenged person in the Village. It could also be closer proximity to Spindle who he seems to be confusing me with.

Polak 25-12-2022 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris K (Post 16762940)
It's 13:20 and my mum is refusing to start cooking until she's finished breakfast. All offers of doing it for her have been point blank refused. She's just been to the kitchen making me think "here we go, progress" but she's returned witha mince pie and brandy butter and still refusing to do anything or let anyone else do anything. If I don't make an appearance on the family Christmas row thread it'll be an f-ing miracle

Actually, it was brilliant when I did Christmas Dinner for you and your brother plus my missus and kids. Major session in The George and then I cooked for 7 which was a good effort as we carried on drinking at home and I was trolleyed. We then did a bottle of Kraken and other stuff and only stopped when the missus stormed down the stairs at 4am on Boxing Day to tell me to turn the racket off. Happy says.

PeterH 25-12-2022 04:30 PM

Jeepers, and the BBS myth is that I am the lush.

CT_Palace 25-12-2022 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16762972)
Jeepers, and the BBS myth is that I am the lush.

The only time I see you is in a bar or at a boozy bbq.

JAT ;)

Polak 25-12-2022 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16762972)
Jeepers, and the BBS myth is that I am the lush.

It was a one-off :D

PeterH 25-12-2022 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 16762978)
The only time I see you is in a bar or at a boozy bbq.

JAT ;)

You aint seen me in six months.

Like your Apple fanboyz gear, you need to install updates.

Last BBSer I saw came over from Spain rather than just a walk from work. And that housewarming invite where we were promised BBQed pigs' wings seems to have got mixed up with Santa's letters.

JAT

Anyhoo. I will be sending a birthday BBQ and beach house invite post NY. Not sure why I keep bothering TBF. I am getting a complex.

PeterH 25-12-2022 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polak (Post 16762982)
It was a one-off :D

Pull the other one, it has Christmas bella on it.

PeterH 25-12-2022 05:01 PM

Anyhoo. We could move this to the Christmas Family Rows thread in absence of juicy tidbits on that.

CT_Palace 25-12-2022 05:19 PM

The irony of my post seems to have passed you by my friend.

You need to chill mate. It's Christmas.

Martin H 25-12-2022 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16762946)
Or "Feliz Navidad" ffs. What does that donkey-molesting shit even mean?

That song came up on a Xmas playlist earlier. - 'Feliz Navidad' rather than 'donkey-molesting shit' which I think will probably be on later.

Hedgehog 25-12-2022 05:54 PM

Are wine sommeliers the most arrogant tosspot wankers out there?

They appear uninvited and proceed to talk about weight and blends and full bodies and young grapes, while pointing you in the direction of the top of the range wines on the menu.

When you pick one of the more reasonably priced (and I use that term loosely) they have the ability to go all smarmy and look down their nose at you both figuratively and literally as they stand over you.

WankersÖ

Chris K 25-12-2022 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16762972)
Jeepers, and the BBS myth is that I am the lush.

I mean, he did have a stroke the following summer but I'm sure it was unrelated. Top family day though!

So after all of my previous post I did all the cooking anyway. Why I couldn't have done that earlier I don't know. Hey ho, doesn't matter

Hedgehog 25-12-2022 08:26 PM

Dogs in hotelsÖ when did that become a thing?

Isle of Wight 25-12-2022 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16763041)
Dogs in hotelsÖ when did that become a thing?

That should be in the happy things for me

Hedgehog 25-12-2022 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16763048)
That should be in the happy things for me


Donít get me wrong, I love dogs, well most of them anyway.

Sort of draw a line when people bring them to public areas especially places to eat.

PeterH 25-12-2022 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 16762994)
The irony of my post seems to have passed you by my friend.

You need to chill mate. It's Christmas.

Twat

PeterH 25-12-2022 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16763004)
Are wine sommeliers the most arrogant tosspot wankers out there?

They appear uninvited and proceed to talk about weight and blends and full bodies and young grapes, while pointing you in the direction of the top of the range wines on the menu.

When you pick one of the more reasonably priced (and I use that term loosely) they have the ability to go all smarmy and look down their nose at you both figuratively and literally as they stand over you.

Wankers…

You need to visit Argentina. They will select a decent wine for your meal choice without breaking the bank and without smarm. And with a good chat. B A, Cůrdoba, Mendoza. I had the same great experiences.

PeterH 25-12-2022 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16763041)
Dogs in hotelsÖ when did that become a thing?

Dogs or cats in restaurants/cafťs. Sorry mate, that shit came straight out of California.

CT_Palace 25-12-2022 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16763057)
Twat

:D

Isle of Wight 26-12-2022 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16763054)
Donít get me wrong, I love dogs, well most of them anyway.

Sort of draw a line when people bring them to public areas especially places to eat.

Outside yes inside no way agree with you.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 26-12-2022 06:06 AM

Wankers who do the wave at test matches.

Away 26-12-2022 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyneagle (Post 16538710)
Plumber's who finish their work but leave a leaking pipe. :rolleyes:

... that leaks through the kitchen ceiling on Christmas Day (actually leaking waste from shower tray in this case).

More details .... https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=287755

churley1988 26-12-2022 08:59 PM

People who gave a standing ovation to our players who got red cards today, bizarre!

Joe85 26-12-2022 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by churley1988 (Post 16764766)
People who gave a standing ovation to our players who got red cards today, bizarre!

TM was absolutely distraught. People just rallying around him, offering support. Nothing wrong with that, imo.

eaglesheart 26-12-2022 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16764790)
TM was absolutely distraught. People just rallying around him, offering support. Nothing wrong with that, imo.

I can't see your post but I bet it's some idiotic thing like ,don't boo your own team no matter how stupid they have acted. Tosspot.

eaglesheart 26-12-2022 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by churley1988 (Post 16764766)
People who gave a standing ovation to our players who got red cards today, bizarre!

100% . I was telling them to stop clapping both times.

Joe85 26-12-2022 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaglesheart (Post 16764860)
100% . I was telling them to stop clapping both times.


Manchild, on his first day out at the football, offering supporter advice to life long fans.

Funnily enough, I was thinking of you as I curled one out a few minutes ago.

churley1988 26-12-2022 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16764790)
TM was absolutely distraught. People just rallying around him, offering support. Nothing wrong with that, imo.

Weíre not the booing type, but he was appalling before the red and was a big reason we lost today. Iím not saying we shouldnít back the lad to bounce back, but some of the fans were acting like heíd just banged in a hattrick and was given the chance of a standing ovation.

Did people really applaud Tomkins off?

Joe85 26-12-2022 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by churley1988 (Post 16764875)
Weíre not the booing type, but he was appalling before the red and was a big reason we lost today. Iím not saying we shouldnít back the lad to bounce back, but some of the fans were acting like heíd just banged in a hattrick and was given the chance of a standing ovation.

Did people really applaud Tomkins off?

A saw a handul as he got closer to the conrer.

StonePenge 27-12-2022 12:10 AM

Opening the door of the fridge in my garage to get a beer out and being greeted by a blast of warm(ish) air. Yes folks - it’s that cold here. -11c yesterday but a little toastier today.

PeterH 27-12-2022 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaglesheart (Post 16764859)
I can't see your post but I bet it's some idiotic thing like ,don't boo your own team no matter how stupid they have acted. Tosspot.

Why respond to someone you have on ignore, and not having an idea of what they may have posted. Come on bruv, that's bizarre behaviour.

PeterH 27-12-2022 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16764877)
A saw a handul as he got closer to the conrer.

Maybe Tomkins was a thanks for your contributions in a Palace shirt/goodbye type of applause. However limited those appearances may have been.

Someone might have spotted the petfoods horsebox in the car park from the top of the Holmesdale.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.