CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Maz 08-03-2016 10:08 AM

Someone on here gave his ST to his mum on Sunday so she could go to the match,

Seemed like a wonderful act at the time.

cantspell 08-03-2016 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddjob (Post 12863847)
People falling over themselves to give the most gushing tribute to their mum on Facebook.

One thing we can be certain of is that we all have mothers, and 98% of us (Eminem and a few others aside) love and cherish them but twatty social media users have to go further and bang on about 'their rock' and 'inspiration'

You love your mum, brilliant, that's as it should be, but give her a call, buy her card or send her flowers - putting those messages on FB is done as much (if not more) for your own benefit to gain the usual sycophantic attention as it is for your mother.

Both my sisters do a tribute to my dad who died 6 years ago - on his birthday, his anniversary, fathers day and more recently Christmas. They try to out do each other with longer poems and comments. Neither I or my 2 brothers do anything of the sort just remember him in own way.

Such tributes are not exclusive to my sisters either.

art malice 08-03-2016 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 12863860)
Someone on here gave his ST to his mum on Sunday so she could go to the match,

Seemed like a wonderful act at the time.

:D

ElwissAtMemphis 08-03-2016 11:27 AM

I read that as STD at first. :eek:

PIE "N" MASH 08-03-2016 11:30 AM

My dog deciding my new motorbike gloves taste better than his dinner.120 out is arse:veryangry:veryangry

Yoda 08-03-2016 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH (Post 12863971)
My dog deciding my new motorbike gloves taste better than his dinner.120 out is arse:veryangry:veryangry

Is that 'out his arse'?

PIE "N" MASH 08-03-2016 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 12863982)
Is that 'out his arse'?

Possibly, not sure after I tried to kick it back in him:sob:

catty 08-03-2016 05:46 PM

Women who refuse to help out in a group task as they are female so 'let the men do it'.

Nork1 08-03-2016 06:23 PM

The media obsession with a foreign election. Our own election didn't get anywhere near this amount of coverage 8 months before it happened as the US one is getting here and I bet the US news didn't give a shit about it either.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 08-03-2016 06:41 PM

Too much choice. It does my fecking head in. Wanted to buy a leather messenger bag online and it ended up taking me fecking hours to decide which one I wanted due to there being thousands of the bastards.

art malice 08-03-2016 07:53 PM

Fvcking Coral ads with the blonde woman and the fat bloke and everyone's smiling, even the bookie as he hands over her winnings.


Odds on nobody smiling in a Coral for the next 24 hours
3/1

Selhurst Celtic 08-03-2016 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 12864738)
Too much choice. It does my fecking head in. Wanted to buy a leather messenger bag online and it ended up taking me fecking hours to decide which one I wanted due to there being thousands of the bastards.

Congratulations on coming out.

'Leather messenger bag?' FFS.

art malice 08-03-2016 07:56 PM

.

Stellavista 08-03-2016 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 12864738)
Too much choice. It does my fecking head in. Wanted to buy a leather messenger bag online and it ended up taking me fecking hours to decide which one I wanted due to there being thousands of the bastards.

I just read the user reviews and choose whatever the masses don't like. Most of the filthy British unwashed don't have a clue. :p

Stellavista 08-03-2016 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 12864834)
Congratulations on coming out.

'Leather messenger bag?' FFS.

He works the pony express from Luton to Redcar, don't you know.

elgin eagle 08-03-2016 07:58 PM

People who buy leather messenger bags.

Selhurst Celtic 08-03-2016 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 12864839)
He works the pony express from Luton to Redcar, don't you know.

Two shitholes. Redcar slightly better due to 'yellowtops'.

Wolfnipplechips 08-03-2016 08:01 PM

What's a messenger bag?

Are you telling me Melissa has had a bag fitted?

Wolfnipplechips 08-03-2016 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 12864834)
Congratulations on coming out.

'Leather messenger bag?' FFS.

:D

in-exile 08-03-2016 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 12864834)
Congratulations on coming out.

'Leather messenger bag?' FFS.

Its Gay beardy kit...what would a normal bloke need it for?

PhuketEagle 08-03-2016 08:03 PM

Supermarkets nauseating shop music that just makes you gnash your teeth & hit someone. Then they intersperse that diarrhoea with so-called 'ads' for their wonderful products (not)

Jules 08-03-2016 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 12864834)
Congratulations on coming out.

'Leather messenger bag?' FFS.

SC, I would genuinely like to know what you use when you need to carry stuff that's too big for your pockets?

(You understand, I guess, that I'm a messenger bag type of guy myself. I nevertheless respect your view on them.)

CT_Palace 08-03-2016 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nork1 (Post 12864714)
The media obsession with a foreign election. Our own election didn't get anywhere near this amount of coverage 8 months before it happened as the US one is getting here and I bet the US news didn't give a shit about it either.

I think it might have got a mention at the end of the news bulletin's 3rd segment, just before the adverts.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 08-03-2016 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 12864834)
Congratulations on coming out.

'Leather messenger bag?' FFS.

Sweet juicy vag or hairy arse? Now that was an easy choice.

Stellavista 08-03-2016 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhuketEagle (Post 12864863)
Supermarkets nauseating shop music that just makes you gnash your teeth & hit someone. Then they intersperse that diarrhoea with so-called 'ads' for their wonderful products (not)

I don't know about that.
I was treated to 'Facist Groove Thang' in my local Morrisons this morning.

'Brothers, sisters, where the f*ck's the goose fat'?

chrisophiex 08-03-2016 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules (Post 12864866)
SC, I would genuinely like to know what you use when you need to carry stuff that's too big for your pockets?

(You understand, I guess, that I'm a messenger bag type of guy myself. I nevertheless respect your view on them.)

Tartan trolley. Circa 1980 paper round stylee.

Selhurst Celtic 08-03-2016 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules (Post 12864866)
SC, I would genuinely like to know what you use when you need to carry stuff that's too big for your pockets?

(You understand, I guess, that I'm a messenger bag type of guy myself. I nevertheless respect your view on them.)

I don't carry anything that won't fit in my pockets. Wallet, phone, fags, lighter, shiv.

Selhurst Celtic 08-03-2016 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 12864875)
Tartan trolley. Circa 1980 paper round stylee.

:D

AndyStreet 08-03-2016 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 12864877)
I don't carry anything that won't fit in my pockets. Wallet, phone, fags, lighter, shiv.

What about your paddle?

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/multim...7476_6425c.jpg

Selhurst Celtic 08-03-2016 08:12 PM

:D
FOC

(Pints in Reading, you div.)

AndyStreet 08-03-2016 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 12864887)
:D

FOC



(Pints in Reading, you div.)


Sounds like a plan...

Stavros 69 08-03-2016 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyStreet (Post 12865211)
Sounds like a plan...

Bring your bag SC will need to keep his tissues somewhere

in-exile 08-03-2016 11:51 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67rc96joOz8

Bintang 09-03-2016 02:51 AM

Total solar eclipse over Indonesia and it's the rainy season.

Didn't need these :cool:

Louis 09-03-2016 05:55 AM

Mark 'Chappers' Chapman

Jerry Murphy's Fringe 10-03-2016 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louis (Post 12865433)
Mark 'Chappers' Chapman

Why? Always struck me as fairly innocuous. I am open to persuasion.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 10-03-2016 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe (Post 12867162)
Why? Always struck me as fairly innocuous. I am open to persuasion.

Innocuous ? He shot John Lennon.

pallet 10-03-2016 11:26 AM

People who let their kids piss in the street. I can understand on a car journey, pull over and pee by the side of the road. Not in the middle of the day in a busy high street, letting her 2 boys stand and piss against a wall outside the bank. There are plenty of toilets you have taken them to you lazy bitch.

saxoneagle 10-03-2016 02:03 PM

Today, pretty much everything and everyone is annoying.

Yoda 10-03-2016 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 12867221)
People who let their kids piss in the street. I can understand on a car journey, pull over and pee by the side of the road. Not in the middle of the day in a busy high street, letting her 2 boys stand and piss against a wall outside the bank. There are plenty of toilets you have taken them to you lazy bitch.

Never seen that happen....surely she could find something like a supermarket toilet to use.

Makes you want to go round and pee against the side of their house in retaliation.

elgin eagle 10-03-2016 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 12867415)
Never seen that happen....surely she could find something like a supermarket toilet to use.

Makes you want to go round and pee against the side of their house in retaliation.

Me neither. Maybe in Basildon. Seen loads of pissed adults doing it though, even on trains when the toilets are out of order.

Pat of the Palace 10-03-2016 03:02 PM

Dream catchers. Feckin' dust catchers more like.

PhuketEagle 10-03-2016 06:07 PM

A Mr. Bean lookalike who lives in my condo & thinks I'm his friend. His long diatribes about his "adventures" are no more than you'd expect - normal day-to-day stuff a sane person wouldn't even remember 5 mins later. Think he was brought up in the Bates Motel. Sad but also ANNOYING!

civil eagle 10-03-2016 07:09 PM

People not able to keep to their own seat on the train so leave you hanging of the edge of your seat

Chocky 10-03-2016 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 12867473)
Me neither. Maybe in Basildon. Seen loads of pissed adults doing it though, even on trains when the toilets are out of order.

I know, one called my Mum a slag but I kept my cool and pissed out the window.

Leap of faith 10-03-2016 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by civil eagle (Post 12867765)
People not able to keep to their own seat on the train so leave you hanging of the edge of your seat

So true, and they don't even try to keep to their seat knowing you're trying not to fall off. Legs spread open, i'm alright jack mentality.

cappuccinoeagle 10-03-2016 08:11 PM

General Palace Discussion - many of the threads have very similar subject matter, but people insist on starting new threads! In the end, I give up looking at them

Chocky 10-03-2016 08:39 PM

Another one drives a duster.

Oh FUUUUUCK OFF!!

chrisophiex 10-03-2016 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 12867221)
People who let their kids piss in the street. I can understand on a car journey, pull over and pee by the side of the road. Not in the middle of the day in a busy high street, letting her 2 boys stand and piss against a wall outside the bank. There are plenty of toilets you have taken them to you lazy bitch.

Where was this ? :eek:

Neckinger Eagle 10-03-2016 09:05 PM

'So Called Islamic State'.

What, do the audience of the BBC, Sky and others have a mental age of 5 years old? Are we talking about a fight in a night club?

I think by now we all know who or what Islamic State are. Given the atrocities they have committed I doubt they are concerned that the supposedly unbiased establishment media stick 'so called' in front of their name or try to confuse them with Liam Daish.

After all, nobody goes around saying 'so called George Osborne' do they?

Chocky 10-03-2016 09:06 PM

In 1974 I was waiting on the tarmac, not inside the terminal, with everyone else waiting for a plane to arrive to take us from Sofia to Varna. I vividly remember a woman holding her kid up over a bin while a stream of piss came out for ages. Bulgarian chav scum.

But they did give us free sweets on the plane in case it crashed fair play.

chrisophiex 10-03-2016 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocky (Post 12867893)
In 1974 I vividly remember a woman holding her kid up over a bin while a stream of piss came out for ages.


Fair play to her for not getting any over her kid....

Wolfnipplechips 10-03-2016 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 12868175)
Fair play to her for not getting any over her kid....

:D

ChuckMcBalls 11-03-2016 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocky (Post 12867893)
In 1974 I was waiting on the tarmac, not inside the terminal, with everyone else waiting for a plane to arrive to take us from Sofia to Varna. I vividly remember a woman holding her kid up over a bin while a stream of piss came out for ages. Bulgarian chav scum.

But they did give us free sweets on the plane in case it crashed fair play.

I have been to Bulgaria a lot and this is common practice. Parents letting their kids piss all over the place in public. They rarely even try to find a wall, a few just let them do it in the middle of the street.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 11-03-2016 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocky (Post 12867893)
I vividly remember a woman holding her kid up over a bin while a stream of piss came out for ages.

I wondered where the Easyjet name came from.

davech 11-03-2016 12:51 PM

Oreos.

Foul, disgusting creation. God only knows why Americans love them. Now they are trying to palm them off on us. They were the favourite food of Clyde the Orang-utan in Every Which Way But Loose. Says it all, really.

Now there are Oreos Easter Eggs. The price you pay for selling out to the yanks. FFS!

pallet 11-03-2016 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 12867872)
Where was this ? :eek:

It was in Barking, a lovely place especially when its in your rear view mirror.

catty 11-03-2016 01:07 PM

People who email to tell me my out of office is on. Yes, that's because I'm not in the office you idiot.

xmasape 11-03-2016 03:31 PM

American woman from Baltimore who lives in north London and thinks she's better than anyone south of the Themes.

eaglesincebirth 11-03-2016 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neckinger Eagle (Post 12867892)
'So Called Islamic State'.

What, do the audience of the BBC, Sky and others have a mental age of 5 years old? Are we talking about a fight in a night club?

I think by now we all know who or what Islamic State are. Given the atrocities they have committed I doubt they are concerned that the supposedly unbiased establishment media stick 'so called' in front of their name or try to confuse them with Liam Daish.

After all, nobody goes around saying 'so called George Osborne' do they?

I agree that it is stupid, but there is actually a reason for this. It's basically because there have been a number of different terrorist organisations each with different affiliations, it isn't always clear exactly what it refers to. There's a decent explanation in here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-35695648

Hedgehog 12-03-2016 08:01 PM

I think I may have done this one before, but Apps that reinvent themselves and don't ask you to update, but just do it anyway.

The new version being no better than the last one other than everything has moved and has new names.

Isle of Wight 12-03-2016 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 12872864)
I think I may have done this one before, but Apps that reinvent themselves and don't ask you to update, but just do it anyway.

The new version being no better than the last one other than everything has moved and has new names.

No 50% of the time they are worse. The BBC news app being a prime example. Old one was a simple layout with three stories on each Top, World, UK , Sport, and a swipe right got you the next 3 etc . Now its a lump of white SHOUTING space guessing what you want to read and getting it wrong

Pint of Speroni 12-03-2016 09:13 PM

People who pronounce company as compny.

It's got three syllables you cretins.

Chocky 12-03-2016 09:46 PM

Man City's defence is poor without Cumpny.

zonin2000 12-03-2016 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 12864834)
Congratulations on coming out.

'Leather messenger bag?' FFS.

I bought a leather-trimmed, organic cotton-canvas tote bag the other day.

Olympian2 14-03-2016 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by For Paranoias (Post 12673400)
Has Garth Crooks been mentioned yet ?

What a complete dickhead.

I hate myself every week for not being able to resist the urge to see what 'Team of the Week' that idiot puts out. This week he manages to shoehorn Deeney, Kane, Lukaku AND Pelle in the same XI, supported by Payet and Gradel.

My only surprise is that he doesn't have Wilf in as rush-goalie.

Selhurst Celtic 14-03-2016 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zonin2000 (Post 12873170)
I bought a leather-trimmed, organic cotton-canvas tote bag the other day.

I hope your parents took the news well. Good luck to you.

Jerry Murphy's Fringe 14-03-2016 02:16 PM

Just a couple of things;

1) Being blind-sided with a "well if we are close-by, we can pop in to Ikea - I just want to pick something up".
2) Queuing to park at Ikea
3) Being in Ikea - at all
4) Finding out there is a "list" while in Ikea
5) Seeing a massive queue for the tokens to get an Ikea ice-cream
6) Paying for parking at Ikea
7) Ikea

PhuketEagle 14-03-2016 02:38 PM

Isea your problem

WLYWLYAWYPWF 14-03-2016 02:41 PM

A residential service contract from Virgin which tells me to sign and keep DO NOT SEND BACK. Why would I waste the f*cking ink?

ConCPFC 14-03-2016 03:58 PM

Been off work for 3 weeks and we've moved to the office directly one floor below and each floor follows the same plan. I went to the toilet for the first time to take a dump and notice that there are no urinals and the toilet looks unusually flash, but thought nothing of it. When I come out of the cubicle my heart sinks when I see a female looking in the mirror who reminds me that this is the lady's toilet. I try to explain that the men's toilet is in the corresponding area on the floor above, but I just got a disapproving look in return. Now I have someone who thinks I'm a weirdo/perv/borderline sex offender

chrisophiex 14-03-2016 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConCPFC (Post 12875673)
Now I have someone who thinks I'm a weirdo/perv/borderline sex offender

... And knows what you had for your dinner last night.

RDSdaEAGLE 14-03-2016 04:26 PM

I've been on crutches after a skiing mishap. London commuters are easily the most inconsiderate shits. I've had people push past me, kick my crutches, rush on to trains to get a seat before me. I get it, I'm an idiot for having an accident, but it would be nice if people actually showed just a hint of compassion.

And then there's the issue of uneven pavements. I now know how elderly/permanently disabled folks suffer with the conditions of our roads and paths. They're in a terrible state and make walking on them when you need to support yourself very difficult.

saxoneagle 14-03-2016 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDSdaEAGLE (Post 12875713)
I've been on crutches after a skiing mishap. London commuters are easily the most inconsiderate shits. I've had people push past me, kick my crutches, rush on to trains to get a seat before me. I get it, I'm an idiot for having an accident, but it would be nice if people actually showed just a hint of compassion.

And then there's the issue of uneven pavements. I now know how elderly/permanently disabled folks suffer with the conditions of our roads and paths. They're in a terrible state and make walking on them when you need to support yourself very difficult.

Self-afflicted, you bastard... just like all those pregnant women who guilt trip people into standing for them.

:afro:

Archiebald Leitch 14-03-2016 04:41 PM

Dicks on sticks

Chocky 15-03-2016 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 12875234)
I hate myself every week for not being able to resist the urge to see what 'Team of the Week' that idiot puts out. This week he manages to shoehorn Deeney, Kane, Lukaku AND Pelle in the same XI, supported by Payet and Gradel.

My only surprise is that he doesn't have Wilf in as rush-goalie.

I probably mentioned this the last time he was mentioned. Garth Crooks is a gay Malteser.

Isle of Wight 15-03-2016 08:47 PM

When you get offers like London to Birmingham only 6 and Newcastle 14 but never anything on SE trains to Portsmouth just 40 cheap off peak, super saver, OAP, railcard youth return.

GorBlimey 15-03-2016 08:57 PM

BBS threads like this:

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=264366

Yet another excuse for a leftie wank-fest without anything positive regarding the need for reform.

OLD BASING EAGLE 15-03-2016 10:48 PM

Why is it that when I win an all expenses paid long weekend in Madeira and the dates are non transferable does it have to be over the FA CUP weekend.

Chocky 16-03-2016 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BASING EAGLE (Post 12878317)
Why is it that when I win an all expenses paid long weekend in Madeira and the dates are non transferable does it have to be over the FA CUP weekend.

So wotcha gonna doo? Wembley or watch in a bar in Madeira?

elgin eagle 16-03-2016 07:49 PM

Stupidly bright modern led lamppost lights. I know they probably save energy, but why don't they put covers over them? Interrogating council bastards.

Isle of Wight 16-03-2016 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 12880213)
Stupidly bright modern led lamppost lights. I know they probably save energy, but why don't they put covers over them? Interrogating council bastards.


Agree with you. They are so bright you get blinded if you drive over a hill and there is one at the top. You can't seen the night sky and your night vision is ****ed when you drop out a street light zone. Hate them. Why cant they have made them LED but a nice orange glow like the old ones?

elgin eagle 16-03-2016 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 12880224)
Agree with you. They are so bright you get blinded if you drive over a hill and there is one at the top. You can't seen the night sky and your night vision is ****ed when you drop out a street light zone. Hate them. Why cant they have made them LED but a nice orange glow like the old ones?

I hate the bastards, we have two outside the house. Bizarrely half the estate has the old kind, so they must have just started replacing them with these poxy things.

Coming to a main road near you soon, LED road marker lights. Nowhere near as annoying as the lampposts, but you get a horrible distraction in your rear view mirror as you drive along. On the plus side though, if you turn your headlights to sidelights its like driving in some virtual world.

BERT'S HEAD 16-03-2016 08:06 PM

A trendy chef on This Morning pronouncing courgette as courjetty about a hundred times....aaargh !

Isle of Wight 16-03-2016 08:14 PM

In the budget they can put 10p on a packet of fags or 5p on a pint of beer and the very next day the price is up. They put a sugar tax on fizzy drinks..........2 years time WTF?

BERT'S HEAD 16-03-2016 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 12880274)
In the budget they can put 10p on a packet of fags or 5p on a pint of beer and the very next day the price is up. They put a sugar tax on fizzy drinks..........2 years time WTF?

Smoke and mirrors....doubt if it will ever see the light of day, hence the two years bit.

Jim Cannon 16-03-2016 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 12880250)
A trendy chef on This Morning pronouncing courgette as courjetty about a hundred times....aaargh !

That would annoy me too. However I would never watch This Morning in the first place:D

BERT'S HEAD 16-03-2016 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 12880372)
That would annoy me too. However I would never watch This Morning in the first place:D

Er, i just happened to be in Radio Rentals paying a bill and it just happened to be on...honest guv :D

Jim Cannon 16-03-2016 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 12880377)
Er, i just happened to be in Radio Rentals paying a bill and it just happened to be on...honest guv :D

:D

Fatboy 16-03-2016 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe (Post 12875464)
Just a couple of things;

1) Being blind-sided with a "well if we are close-by, we can pop in to Ikea - I just want to pick something up".
2) Queuing to park at Ikea
3) Being in Ikea - at all
4) Finding out there is a "list" while in Ikea
5) Seeing a massive queue for the tokens to get an Ikea ice-cream
6) Paying for parking at Ikea
7) Ikea

1: Look up your item on the Ikea website. look for the page where it tells what area to pick the item up from. NEVER VISIT IKEA ON A WHIM !
2: Why waste 10 minutes trying to park as close to the store as possible. Quicker to park further away and walk into the store.
3: Enter the store via the Exit - closer to where they store the goods.
4: Pay at the self service tills. Nobody wants to use them.

IKEA is not a day-out. Get in - Get out !

Fatboy 16-03-2016 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 12880213)
Stupidly bright modern led lamppost lights. I know they probably save energy, but why don't they put covers over them? Interrogating council bastards.

We have one right outside our house.

Its like 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' at my bedroom window.

Wolfnipplechips 17-03-2016 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatboy (Post 12880708)
We have one right outside our house.

Its like 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' at my bedroom window.

Whilst at University some years ago........we had a street light right outside the bedroom window and only a sheet for a curtain.

It took at least six shots with a mates air rifle to shoot the light out.......

And then the bloody council came around the following week and fixed the bastard.

Jim Cannon 17-03-2016 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatboy (Post 12880703)
IKEA is not a day-out. Get in - Get out !

Sounds like it was a day out for him though:D

Jim Cannon 17-03-2016 12:34 AM

People who advertise their old football shirts that have their own name on the back for sale on ebay. Just stop it, it's not much better than offering to sell your used underwear

WLYWLYAWYPWF 17-03-2016 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 12880771)
People who advertise their old football shirts that have their own name on the back for sale on ebay. Just stop it, it's not much better than offering to sell your used underwear

Some people pay good money for used underwear.

GorBlimey 17-03-2016 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 12880772)
Some people pay good money for used underwear.

Who in God's world would ever stump up cash for "used panties", which I am given to understand are freely available for sale? :eek:

kayjay 17-03-2016 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 12880772)
Some people pay good money for used underwear.

Japanese businessmen pay top dollar for schoolgirl knickers

JJ 17-03-2016 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe (Post 12875464)
Just a couple of things;

1) Being blind-sided with a "well if we are close-by, we can pop in to Ikea - I just want to pick something up".
2) Queuing to park at Ikea
3) Being in Ikea - at all
4) Finding out there is a "list" while in Ikea
5) Seeing a massive queue for the tokens to get an Ikea ice-cream
6) Paying for parking at Ikea
7) Ikea

It pisses me off that Mrs. JJ generally likes to follow the arrows on the floor, which are clearly only intended to make sure you don't miss a single nook or cranny in what they have for sale.

JJ 17-03-2016 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nork1 (Post 12864714)
The media obsession with a foreign election.

The BBC obsession with Barcelona, Real Madrid or PSG. I really couldn't give a toss about them.

JJ 17-03-2016 03:19 AM

F*ckwits queuing to get a sub from Subway that don't even have the manners to say please and thank you when asked what they would like. I hope they detest olives and get a random one hidden in there that they haven't spotted until they've bitten down on it, ruining the taste of the rest of it. Now that's annoying too!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.