CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Tim 21-01-2013 08:53 AM

Can't stand Belicheat, glad they lost! Go Whiners!

Latvian Eagle 21-01-2013 09:08 AM

So pleased!!! :p

davematt 21-01-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
Out of the two Harbaugh teams I'd rather see the 49ers win the Superbowl. I'm thinking of heading to the Jetlag Bar on Cleveland Street to watch it - anyone know if it's a decent venue?

Let me know mate; thinking of heading into the town for the game as well. Can't be watching the Superbowl in the quietness of my own house on my own!

jazman 21-01-2013 09:30 AM

Oh dear. All is not well in the land of the Patriots ;)

Niners v Ravens it is then.

Great work all round :p

ardeo 21-01-2013 09:42 AM

No second half points for the Patriots, seemed like they pretty much abandoned the running game.

No idea how the Ravens have got the superbowl, should be easy pickings for the 49ers.

NFC is going to continue to dominate the big game for a few years to come.

Latvian Eagle 21-01-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
No second half points for the Patriots, seemed like they pretty much abandoned the running game.

No idea how the Ravens have got the superbowl, should be easy pickings for the 49ers.

NFC is going to continue to dominate the big game for a few years to come.

People have said the Ravens would be easy pickings for Indy, Denver and New England. Keep clutching at those straws people! :o

saxoneagle 21-01-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo

No second half points for BOTH home teams. Quite a shocking stat.

jazman 21-01-2013 10:49 AM

The same could have been said of the NY Giants a couple of seasons ago and they won it. If a team gets to the SB then they get there on merit if you ask me.

saxoneagle 21-01-2013 10:54 AM

I called the winners last night and the only surprise for me was how stale the Patriots offense looked in the second half.

As for two weeks time, I'm not staying up all night to watch the game. I've done that enough this season with mixed results and I'm done. The HT show isn't even worth staying up for.

Ravens will win by 7-11 points. Ravens 34 49ers 24/27

pauldrulez 21-01-2013 10:57 AM

Patriots wishlist:

1. Let Welker go. Losing his quickness, too many drops in key situations. and they was planning on not using him much. Hernandez injury meant he had to play.

2. Re-sign Talib. Defense went from shutdown to shite and done without him. Re-sign Edelman. Game-changer on Special Teams, and still learning the WR position.

3. Get more physical and have more swagger. You can't just have Spikes as the physical player on D. Talib added swagger and toughness.

4. Get a deep threat, or at least someone who can go up there for deep balls. There's enough WRs in FA this year, get one of them instead of Welker. Ravens used the Jets game plan of 2010. Man-up on the outside, swamp the middle.

5. Shoot Bernard Pollard. 4 players hurt in 5 games.

6. Draft a penetrating DT. All this about Vince Wilfork being an all-pro, he's no Geno Atkins.

davematt 21-01-2013 11:08 AM

The effect Ray Lewis has had in their play off run can't be underestimated.

They were running on empty and lacking any kind of form coming into this run, but he has inspired them from the moment he stepped onto the field and did his pre match ritual/dance against the Colts.

However, they have come up against three teams that pass first, rush second. It's going to be flip reverse in New Orleans. Heavy dose of Frank Gore and the odd break out run from CK and Niners should have enough to win.

Also need to get pressure on Flacco and not allow him to throw the deep ball to Smith & Jones; our secondary struggled yesterday when Ryan had time to go deep to Jones & White.

Strathclyde Eagle 21-01-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Ray Lewis = Eric Cantona.

Similarities are there.

Ray Lewis has garlic breath? :confused:

;)

BTW for his final game, Ray Lewis will be suited in white, which I guess should be ironic or something.

AddiscombeEagle 21-01-2013 11:18 AM

It is not just about Lewis. I dont think it is a coincidence that the form has returned when Ellerbe came back as well. He makes one hell of a difference.

Looking back I think it was Pollard that won the game which might not be popular with some on here. He set the tone for how we were going to play and the hit which led to the fumble was epic.

All in all couldn't be prouder of the Ravens. From Flacco to the D that was some performance especially after last week.

Think the Pats need to take defeat like the Ravens did last year and use it for next year.

pauldrulez 21-01-2013 11:23 AM

Sad thing is, there's nothing to complain about.

To get to the AFC Championship without one of the best players in the NFL and a gamechanger. No coincidence that the run game went without the Gronk.

As much as the media made out about the Patriots being the healthiest team going into the playoffs, they missed Gronkowski, Edelman, Love, Chandler Jones and Talib. No pass-rush, No Gronk, No coverage.

Totally outplayed in the 2nd half. Brady has turned into Manning from the early 00's. Choke artist.

AddiscombeEagle 21-01-2013 11:34 AM

That fourth down when he didn't have the balls to run was pathetic.

Latvian Eagle 21-01-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddiscombeEagle
From Flacco to the D that was some performance especially after last week

I read the other day Flacco is up for Free Agency. I'm intrigued on your opinion of him and will they keep him? I've always been impressed with Flacco and his overall game seems to have improved this year. I just wonder why he's not been tied up and who else Baltimore might have in mind.

kayjay 21-01-2013 11:50 AM

Pollard uses his body as a battering ram.

JamTheEagle 21-01-2013 11:53 AM

Glad as always to see the Patriots lose. More so seeing as I backed the 49ers yesterday and took a very generous 4/1 for Kaepernick as MVP.

kayjay 21-01-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle

I read the other day Flacco is up for Free Agency. I'm intrigued on your opinion of him and will they keep him? I've always been impressed with Flacco and his overall game seems to have improved this year. I just wonder why he's not been tied up and who else Baltimore might have in mind.

That Raven drive in the 3rd quarter when Flacco threw every play (except one I think) was the game changer. They were never going to take the game by the short and curlies with Rice gaining his 2-3 yards up the middle.

peagle 21-01-2013 11:57 AM

Been on a bit of a rollercoaster between acceptance and a firm belief that I'd wake up and it'd be Sunday morning all over again.

You all saw the game and my analysis will add little. Just gutted we lost Talib so early.

Mostly wanted to come on and congratulate Addiscombe. Hope you really enjoy the superbowl. Your team deserved that last night and by the margin they took it as well.