CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 24-04-2010 06:43 PM

Forgot to mention, Jazman.

The guy you took in the 4th (ruffling notes etc etc)

Akwasi Owusi-Ansah, CB.

That's a steal. Decent Cornerback with good instincts. Good Kick Returner and can split returns with Felix Jones (who I reckon will be starter at RB)

SteveyHawking 24-04-2010 07:16 PM

Dan LeFevour drafted by the Bears is strange. He's never gonna get a game.

Strathclyde Eagle 24-04-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
Hernandez is a good fit for the Pats. Good pass catching TE.

Agree, very good player. About the best pass catching option at Florida last year after Murphy was drafted by the Raiders.

pauldrulez 24-04-2010 07:21 PM

Well, it does put pressure on Cutler. Not much, but they have someone there now if Cutler decides to throw 5 picks in a game again.

Swanny32 24-04-2010 07:27 PM

Not happy about us not picking up an OL in the first 4 rounds, too late for anyone decent now. Why we lumped for 3 DE's in this draft is beyond me.

SteveyHawking 24-04-2010 08:03 PM

Charles Scott with the 200th pick. A powerback for once! Nice one.

SteveyHawking 24-04-2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Not happy about us not picking up an OL in the first 4 rounds, too late for anyone decent now. Why we lumped for 3 DE's in this draft is beyond me.

Victor Abiamiri is forever injured so I reckon he'll be on his way out.

pauldrulez 24-04-2010 08:08 PM

Excitement building here. We haven't picked for hours.

I want George Selvie. I think he's better than Pierre-Paul who went 190odd picks ago.

LaGarrette Blount could be an interesting late round pick after his erm, exploits early on in the year.

pauldrulez 24-04-2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
Victor Abiamiri is forever injured so I reckon he'll be on his way out.

You only need 2 to work out and then you're able to spell Trent Cole so he doesn't tire in the playoffs again.

Swanny32 24-04-2010 08:08 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth Stevey, happy with that pick. NFL Wap site seem to be pretty complimentary about him although not great at receiving out of the backfield, will be perfect for converting those 3rd and shorts, 3rd and 1's that we have struggled so much with in the last few seasons.

Still not happy that we have taken 3 DE's though, we could and should have addressed our OL at some point, I suppose we can still with our last pick in the 7th round but he's not going to be a starter straight away (unless we get lucky) which is what we need. Could be looking at upgrading our OL with a trade or with a FA at some point I guess.

Swanny32 24-04-2010 08:12 PM

Mayock likes our 3rd DE pick:

134 -- Eagles -- DE Ricky Sapp

He's a really good value pick for the Eagles here early in the fifth round. I had him as a third-round pick. Some mocks had him in the first or second rounds. He slid because he tore an ACL late in the 2008 season, and never quite played as well in 2009. He's really a situational player, because he'll struggle at the point of attack against the run. For the Eagles, they'll use him only in pass rush situations to take advantage of his explosion and ability to bend.

pauldrulez 24-04-2010 08:15 PM

My view on Sapp:

I didn't like him as he doesn't seem to do anything well.

He seems to do a lot of thinks okish.

His injury didn't help but I really don't see him as a pass-rusher. Then again, I loved Gholston 2 years ago (as Ben, Strathers, Saxon, Elliott and many others can testify) :D

SteveyHawking 24-04-2010 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
You only need 2 to work out and then you're able to spell Trent Cole so he doesn't tire in the playoffs again.

If Cole and Graham nail it at starters having Parker and Tapp at backup will make us pretty strong on the defensive line.

SteveyHawking 24-04-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Mayock likes our 3rd DE pick:

134 -- Eagles -- DE Ricky Sapp

He's a really good value pick for the Eagles here early in the fifth round. I had him as a third-round pick. Some mocks had him in the first or second rounds. He slid because he tore an ACL late in the 2008 season, and never quite played as well in 2009. He's really a situational player, because he'll struggle at the point of attack against the run. For the Eagles, they'll use him only in pass rush situations to take advantage of his explosion and ability to bend.

Lot of people seem to have him as a future OLB.

pauldrulez 24-04-2010 08:18 PM

Patriots take a random O-Lineman. We always do that :D

Carolina have drafted a 3RD QUARTERBACK.

Erm, WTF?

pauldrulez 24-04-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
Lot of people seem to have him as a future OLB.

He's an OLB in a 3-4. He'd be a DE in Philly's system.

SteveyHawking 24-04-2010 08:21 PM

Rolle goes to the Titans!

SteveyHawking 24-04-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
He's an OLB in a 3-4. He'd be a DE in Philly's system.

I see us trying to do what we did with Chris Gocong. A DE we played at SAM. Granted Gocong never worked out for us so we'll see! Think it's easier to try something like that since Sapp went as low as the 5th.

pauldrulez 24-04-2010 08:28 PM

Wow, we traded our other 2 7ths to get up and take a 2nd random Offensive Lineman.

Interesting.

Two more players for Dante Scarnecchia to work on.

Swanny32 24-04-2010 08:32 PM

Wow, lots of people loving the value we got with Sapp, a lot of "experts" had him picked in the second round!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.