CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Swanny32 01-06-2011 12:31 PM

Ahhhhhh!!!!! This lockout is starting to piss me off.....really want to start looking at flights for September/October but don't want to book anything with the chance there wont be any football to watch. When will the dick heads sort it out, the season is due to start in 99 days!

saxoneagle 01-06-2011 01:11 PM

There are more things to do in America than just watch football, you know? :p

Swanny32 01-06-2011 01:21 PM

Yeah, I guess there is NHL

saxoneagle 01-06-2011 01:42 PM

Try venturing away from the East coast, too ;)

Swanny32 01-06-2011 03:05 PM

I'd love to but I have to think about cost, I have friend who can put me up on the east coast.

pauldrulez 01-06-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Try venturing away from the East coast, too ;)

I'm fine in that case, NY and Boston will do us just fine :p

Might try and catch a Bruins game if the times fall right.

And no rush in finding me stuff for my bits, whenever you have time is good.

It won't be booked until a) the lockout is done, and b) the Palace fixtures are out... (waiting for Brighton away to fall on the Sunday of the Jets in NY game)

peagle 01-06-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I'm fine in that case, NY and Boston will do us just fine :p

Might try and catch a Bruins game if the times fall right.

And no rush in finding me stuff for my bits, whenever you have time is good.

It won't be booked until a) the lockout is done, and b) the Palace fixtures are out... (waiting for Brighton away to fall on the Sunday of the Jets in NY game)

Just say hypothetically, that travelling to the game and cost weren't factors. Do you go to Jets v. Pats (or say Cowboys/Giants v Eagles or similar) or Palace v. Brighton (home or away whichever you'd prefer).

pauldrulez 01-06-2011 04:37 PM

Brighton. Only happens twice every 5 or so years. Pats-Jets is every year.

peagle 01-06-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Brighton. Only happens twice every 5 or so years. Pats-Jets is every year.

Haha I guess that's true, I was kind of thinking if we wern't considering anything more than which game you'd want to go to on that day! In that case for me, I'd go to the Pats game. I think it'd be a better spectacle and that the Patriots would have a better chance of winning. Also, as much as I love the football atmosphere, I think for a trip out i'd enjoy the NFL game buzz.

saxoneagle 02-06-2011 07:16 AM

Brighton for me, too. I'm hoping one match is on New Year's Day and the other in April so I can go to both. Anything pre December 27 I'll miss, unless it is opening day as I'm in London then :p

Brighton away, August 6, please :)

ardeo 02-06-2011 08:00 AM

Football atmosphere, especially Palace in a big game, is infinitely times better than NFL atmosphere.

Was most distressing not being able to cheer on your team when on offence :(

Also a goal in football is soooo much better than a touchdown in NFL.

I love both, prefer NFL on tv and football at the ground.

jazman 02-06-2011 09:46 AM

Atmosphere wise, NBA play offs and finals must rival most in my opinion ... watching NFL games it has rarely seen to be that great, admitadly only from the comfort of my own sofa :)

saxoneagle 02-06-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Football atmosphere, especially Palace in a big game, is infinitely times better than NFL atmosphere.

Was most distressing not being able to cheer on your team when on offence :(

Also a goal in football is soooo much better than a touchdown in NFL.

I love both, prefer NFL on tv and football at the ground.

When Brady hit Moss in the endzone to tie the game with the Jets two years ago, the stadium erupted. Was spine tingling. However, the moment was ruined by the TD having to be reviewed and reviewed and reviewed for about 5 minutes. When it was officially ruled a TD, no-one really cheered as the moment was lost.

The Milan derby in the San Siro was like the initial moment Moss caught the ball, magnified by about 10 and for 90 minutes non-stop. A big football match will always out-do a big NFL match.

saxoneagle 02-06-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Atmosphere wise, NBA play offs and finals must rival most in my opinion ... watching NFL games it has rarely seen to be that great, admitadly only from the comfort of my own sofa :)


Forget the Olympic tickets - save the money and fly to the US and go see a game. Hit Florida, take the brats to Disney, take in a Magic game and then take your pick of Dolphins, Jags or Bucs to get your NFL fix. I hate Florida but for a family with young kids and a love of sport, it's ideal for you.

Go on, tell the wife she deserves a nice 2 week holiday in the sun next October/November time ;)

saxoneagle 02-06-2011 09:58 AM

Oh, and we'll be there around December and hopefully going to the Fins v Raiders match so I can easily get extra tickets for the #1 tool ;)

jazman 02-06-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Forget the Olympic tickets - save the money and fly to the US and go see a game. Hit Florida, take the brats to Disney, take in a Magic game and then take your pick of Dolphins, Jags or Bucs to get your NFL fix. I hate Florida but for a family with young kids and a love of sport, it's ideal for you.

Go on, tell the wife she deserves a nice 2 week holiday in the sun next October/November time ;)

Just drop the Disney trip from the itinery ... that does not seem like a holiday to me at all .. ;)

Very tempted with this idea for our joint 40th ....

jazman 02-06-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Oh, and we'll be there around December and hopefully going to the Fins v Raiders match so I can easily get extra tickets for the #1 tool ;)

Paul is going sooner than that though isn't he? ;)

saxoneagle 02-06-2011 10:35 AM

He'll never be #1 tool. He's too stupid :D

jazman 02-06-2011 10:57 AM

:D :o

pauldrulez 02-06-2011 11:33 AM

Ah, just like the good old days.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.