CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 07-09-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Newton
I dont imagine it is possible for one moment swanny, mostly you can pick up a tv stream on the various ahem shady stream sites, oz, that star by red zone states it is not avaialble in the uk for some wierd reason.

Anything shown on UK TV is not on the Gamepass.

Red Zone is on the red button this year.

Jamie W 07-09-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Anything shown on UK TV is not on the Gamepass.

Red Zone is on the red button this year.

Thats not quite true, only the 6pm and 9pm games on sky on Sunday evenings are blacked out for six days and no redzone due to sky. The Thursday games on sky and all late night Sunday games on channel 4 and Monday night football games on ESPN are all live on gamepass. As I say its only the Sky 6pm and 9pm games on Sunday evenings that are blacked out for six days.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 07-09-2011 02:51 PM

Panthers have just signed former Pats cornerback Darius Butler from New England on waivers (any good pauld?). They are clearly still shitting themselves that Chris Gamble has gone mental.

But what I want to know is this - apparently as last year's worst team, we have first dibs on all waived players for the first 3 weeks of the season. Does that mean the players are obliged to join Carolina, or does it just mean Carolina gets first opportunity to negotiate with the player?

pauldrulez 07-09-2011 02:55 PM

It means they are your property.

You have signed them and their contract.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 07-09-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

It means they are your property.

You have signed them and their contract.

Yes, but what I meant is - if Darius Butler didn't want to go to Carolina, is he obliged to go there just because they have first dibs?

LLCOOLSTEVE 07-09-2011 05:06 PM

It means Carolina are going 16-0 this year

pauldrulez 07-09-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
Yes, but what I meant is - if Darius Butler didn't want to go to Carolina, is he obliged to go there just because they have first dibs?

Yep.

Them's the rules unfortunately for Darius. Saying that, i'd rather be in Carolina than Cincy, Oakland etc.

pauldrulez 07-09-2011 05:12 PM

As the idea of BBS group tickets went down like a lead balloon. How about a BBS meet-up pre-game and maybe lob a football around somewhere as well.

Then head to Sports Bar for the late game(s).

pauldrulez 07-09-2011 05:26 PM

Peyton Manning OFFICIALLY ruled out of the Texans game.

Boom.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 07-09-2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
It means Carolina are going 16-0 this year

What a crock of shit.

1-15.
EDIT - I didn't even contemplate you meant winning the 16, even in jest!

LLCOOLSTEVE 07-09-2011 07:15 PM

:D

jazman 07-09-2011 11:43 PM

Quote:

As the idea of BBS group tickets went down like a lead balloon. How about a BBS meet-up pre-game and maybe lob a football around somewhere as well.

Then head to Sports Bar for the late game(s).

I was willing but I'll be getting tickets for the family area tomorrow ...

Are you going with anyone Paul?

pauldrulez 08-09-2011 07:40 AM

Gingerob is my NFL mate for the day :D

We're going to try to sit somewhere near Swanny and Ardeo.

Will try and catch up with other BBS'ers during the day.

jazman 08-09-2011 07:42 AM

Cool, I will be up with my son so will try and do the same ...

gingerob 08-09-2011 09:20 AM

Hmmm do I risk starting Jermichael Finley in my fantasy team at work for tonight as he is only listed as probably after his ankle inj.

pauldrulez 08-09-2011 09:36 AM

Definitely. Saints aren't great covering TE's down the seam so I think Finley will have a big night.

Beckenham Boy 08-09-2011 09:40 AM

Got Packers to win by 7-12, would have done more but being opening game thought I would hold back a bit

Beckenham Boy 08-09-2011 10:11 AM

Tickets bought! I bought 4 tickets in Block 513, row 22, seats 373-376

Beckenham Boy 08-09-2011 10:29 AM

Re Tailgate, how do you get in / get tickets?

ardeo 08-09-2011 10:34 AM

Think you automatically get entry this year like last year, as they made the event bigger so everyone could go in. Well they increased the floor space anyway. Think there was actually less interesting stuff last year than the year before.

Got tickets for block 109 row 11. Should be a decent view from the endzone, hopefully see a TD in our corner (or a pick if its Cutler throwing it).

Should meet up in the Tailgate as there is plenty of room.

Not sure about Sports Bar after, last two years have gone to a pub near Wembley Central which shows the games and watched them there. Quite small and busy though but at least you don't have to compete with the crowds to get into London/ home straight away.