CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

jazman 31-10-2011 08:46 AM

This hurts me to say but well done to Filly but we made them look far better than they are. I'm disgusted by that lame performance and seriously losing patience with Romo although his protection was non existent last night. Embarrassing and lame and they let the fans down big style.

And FFS, the Filly fans booing when we scored our TD? What's that all about?

Little things but why was the pass interference not called on the Bryant pass in end zone, so clear it was untrue and the official was right there!!

Fuming.com.

oz_da II 31-10-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman

Flyers fans were booing anti-cancer ads two weeks ago. :D

SteveyHawking 31-10-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

This hurts me to say but well done to Filly but we made them look far better than they are. I'm disgusted by that lame performance and seriously losing patience with Romo although his protection was non existent last night. Embarrassing and lame and they let the fans down big style.

Little things but why was the pass interference not called on the Bryant pass in end zone, so clear it was untrue and the official was right there!!

Fuming.com.

To be fair the officials couldn't even see a 3 yard tipped forward pass so Asomugha giving Bryant a little hug ain't no thing. ;) :D

Oh and the booing was a little in jest - a shutout was on the cards!!

One more thing - thank God I benched Romo from my fantasy team yesterday! :lux:

Strathclyde Eagle 31-10-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Said it before, I'll say it again.

Best Receiver to come out since Megatron.

Think Justin Blackmon will be good when he is drafted as well.

jazman 31-10-2011 11:24 AM

Here it is, I'll say it out loud.

I've lost patience with Romo and I'm a patient guy.

pauldrulez 31-10-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Think Justin Blackmon will be good when he is drafted as well.

Funny you mention him... I just drafted him and Alshon Jeffery on Madden 12... (erm, and Andrew Luck... ok, I cheated a bit).

I really like Jeffery. He makes some unbelievable catches.

jazman 31-10-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
Screw you Cowboys!!!!! :lux: :lux: :lux:

Screw you Eagles.

Take a look at the divisional table. You're still bottom ... :lux:

jazman 31-10-2011 12:10 PM

Good god, the NFC West is a shockingly poor division ... Niners look like they have walked it already!

oz_da II 31-10-2011 12:45 PM

Anyone seen a worse onside kick than the Patriots Stephen Gostkowski's "effort"?

Wow.

Latvian Eagle 31-10-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Good god, the NFC West is a shockingly poor division ... Niners look like they have walked it already!

A Tavaris Jackson led Seahawks, a seemingly poor Rams and Cards... Basically the team who plays less rubbish and the rest will always win... Just look as last season. A team on 7-9 made the post season for God sakes from that division. :eek:

Jamie W 31-10-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
A Tavaris Jackson led Seahawks, a seemingly poor Rams and Cards... Basically the team who plays less rubbish and the rest will always win... Just look as last season. A team on 7-9 made the post season for God sakes from that division. :eek:

This may of been the case last season but the 49ers are 6-1 and you dont get that record playing "less rubbish" as you put it. 6-1 is one of the best records in the NFL so far this season! Add to that two of the wins were tough wins in Philly and Detroit on the road!

Swanny32 31-10-2011 01:17 PM

Just watched the game. That is all. ;)

Latvian Eagle 31-10-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie W
This may of been the case last season but the 49ers are 6-1 and you dont get that record playing "less rubbish" as you put it. 6-1 is one of the best records in the NFL so far this season! Add to that two of the wins were tough wins in Philly and Detroit on the road!

No but dare I say the 6 games against their divisional rivals are pretty much nailed on wins by the sounds of it.

Jamie W 31-10-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

No but dare I say the 6 games against their divisional rivals are pretty much nailed on wins by the sounds of it.

I hope so as think of the record the 49ers could end with! So far only played the Seahawks in the division which was the 1st game. All divisional games are towards the end of season pretty much.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 31-10-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Olindo Mare is a complete d**k!

I never liked him when he was at Seattle... As I was watching our tremendous final push, maybe we could win it, then we get a Field Goal and a massive part of me thought... He's going to miss this! :sob: Complete and utter pr*ck!!!

Again, the Panthers find a way of grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory.

Truth is though, it should never have come down to that last field goal. Panthers looked like they were coasting after that third TD, and should have closed out the game. But Vikings dug deep, and clearly wanted it more. It was the 3 successive 3 and outs that killed off the Panthers, together with some very suspect holding calls against Steve Smith and Shockey, amongst others.

And the special teams are totally pants. One of the reasons Mare replaced Kasay is because he can kick the kickoffs out of bounds, which Kasay can't. When you see our special teams coverage, you can see why this is a bonus!

Still a fun game to watch though, credit to the Vikings who played well second half. Ponder was solid, quite impressed with him. As I was Andy Dalton in preseason against Panthers. He linked up with AJ Green very nicely, and I'm not at all surprised to see the Bengals doing well.

Latvian Eagle 31-10-2011 02:50 PM

We looked so good last night only for Mare to bugger it up though. :( I think that's one of the reasons Seattle got shot of him after he missed about 6 in 2 or 3 games a few years back.

Whatever happened to Rhys Lloyd or whatever his name is? ;) Bring him back!

pauldrulez 31-10-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
Again, the Panthers find a way of grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory.

Truth is though, it should never have come down to that last field goal. Panthers looked like they were coasting after that third TD, and should have closed out the game. But Vikings dug deep, and clearly wanted it more. It was the 3 successive 3 and outs that killed off the Panthers, together with some very suspect holding calls against Steve Smith and Shockey, amongst others.

And the special teams are totally pants. One of the reasons Mare replaced Kasay is because he can kick the kickoffs out of bounds, which Kasay can't. When you see our special teams coverage, you can see why this is a bonus!

Still a fun game to watch though, credit to the Vikings who played well second half. Ponder was solid, quite impressed with him. As I was Andy Dalton in preseason against Panthers. He linked up with AJ Green very nicely, and I'm not at all surprised to see the Bengals doing well.

On the plus side, you might get a half-decent pick yet again and another player to help on the D.

ardeo 31-10-2011 04:38 PM

Go eagles, first complete performance we've put in this year. Was all down to the game planning from Reid. Offence did the job early on and defence played solid. The offensive line is starting to look solid which means our offence should start scoring points more regularly. In a fit of optimism I thought that we might be able to win out, but we still struggle against the run and vick won't be as accurate and make as many good choices as he did yesterday.

Swanny32 31-10-2011 04:43 PM

Not sure if this was mentioned but just noticed that Tony (Strath) won the Survival league. Well done fella.

LLCOOLSTEVE 31-10-2011 04:51 PM

CJ2K should have def held out for more cash