CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

BLUE BOY 31-10-2011 05:00 PM

I am now quite pleased that i couldn't get a stream of the Seahawks game last night. I saw the 4th and goal play at the end of the 2nd QTR on Red Zone and in that one play alone i saw all i needed to see.

Think we will end up with a top 5 Draft pick now as well after looking at the games they have left!

SteveyHawking 31-10-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Go eagles, first complete performance we've put in this year. Was all down to the game planning from Reid. Offence did the job early on and defence played solid. The offensive line is starting to look solid which means our offence should start scoring points more regularly. In a fit of optimism I thought that we might be able to win out, but we still struggle against the run and vick won't be as accurate and make as many good choices as he did yesterday.

The run D has improved greatly over the last two games. We're pinching in the wide 9 to 7 on obvious run plays which helps the linebackers out immensely. I foresee good times from here on in. :)

Vince Hilaire's Afro 31-10-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
On the plus side, you might get a half-decent pick yet again and another player to help on the D.

Yes, a lot of people around here are hot on Blackmon - but I quite like our WR corps. I'd like to see a playmaker on defense, perhaps a cornerback who can return punts/kickoffs.

Not forgetting of course that we have Thomas Davis, Jon Beason and a couple of others hopefully returning and bolstering the defense next season.

pauldrulez 31-10-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
Yes, a lot of people around here are hot on Blackmon - but I quite like our WR corps. I'd like to see a playmaker on defense, perhaps a cornerback who can return punts/kickoffs.

Not forgetting of course that we have Thomas Davis, Jon Beason and a couple of others hopefully returning and bolstering the defense next season.

You could do with a CB early on,

Maybe go DT with Jared Crick though, he's looking like a potential draft stud as every game passes

Vince Hilaire's Afro 31-10-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
You could do with a CB early on,

Maybe go DT with Jared Crick though, he's looking like a potential draft stud as every game passes

Rather than targetting a position, I'd like us to target a playmaker (Defense only). That's pretty much in keeping with the Panthers' draft policy, which is to go for the best player available.

(Best player in their opinion of course, which sadly is rarely the case!)

pauldrulez 31-10-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
Rather than targetting a position, I'd like us to target a playmaker (Defense only). That's pretty much in keeping with the Panthers' draft policy, which is to go for the best player available.

(Best player in their opinion of course, which sadly is rarely the case!)

Have your picks been that hideous? Other than trading your 2010 1st for Everette Brown? Who I liked (showing my draft evaluation...). Newton looks very good. 09 1st went on Otah in 08?

The picks are normally solid in Carolina anyway, they're just balanced out with Delhomme falling off a cliff, Moore taking a huge step back from 09 and Clausen just not being as good as he thinks he is.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 31-10-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Have your picks been that hideous? Other than trading your 2010 1st for Everette Brown? Who I liked (showing my draft evaluation...). Newton looks very good. 09 1st went on Otah in 08?

The picks are normally solid in Carolina anyway, they're just balanced out with Delhomme falling off a cliff, Moore taking a huge step back from 09 and Clausen just not being as good as he thinks he is.

We traded up to get Armanti Edwards in the 2nd round and I believe we traded more picks to get Otah in the 1st too. Armanti Edwards probably wouldn't have gone until the 5th or 6th round! Clausen was an odd pick so high, he's practically a midget in QB terms. Everette Brown again shouldn't have gone so high, he's one dimensional and was cut this year I believe.

Hit and miss really, but overall not too bad I guess. And at least we've avoided many of the Raiders-style superbusts over the years.

Funk Butter 31-10-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Funny you mention him... I just drafted him and Alshon Jeffery on Madden 12... (erm, and Andrew Luck... ok, I cheated a bit).

I really like Jeffery. He makes some unbelievable catches.


This is definitely the era of the yoked up WRs. Terrell Owens was by himself for a while, but now they're everywhere. In college, you have Alshon Jeffery, Justin Blackmon and Michael Floyd.

pauldrulez 01-11-2011 12:20 AM

Anyway, dragging this thread back off the NCAA to where it should be.

Rachel Nichols off ESPN.

Underrated in attractiveness.

Discuss

oz_da II 01-11-2011 12:35 AM

Frumpy with a big nose and bad hair.

Probably has a great personality.

I'll let her go through to the keeper.

oz_da II 01-11-2011 01:06 AM

Rivers has lost the plot.

SteveyHawking 01-11-2011 02:14 AM

This game is sucking balls!

LLCOOLSTEVE 01-11-2011 03:54 AM

HAHAHAHAHA RIVERS :D

LLCOOLSTEVE 01-11-2011 03:57 AM

8 turnovers

saxoneagle 01-11-2011 04:27 AM

It's nice to see Philip Rivers turn up for Hallowe'en in his Tony Romo outfit :p

pauldrulez 01-11-2011 08:18 AM

Rivers must be hurt.

Or he's got the QB curse of being my Fantasy QB

Funk Butter 01-11-2011 03:32 PM

This is shaping up to be one of the most furious playoff races in NFL history. Five teams with 2 losses and six teams with 3 losses in the AFC. Strangely enough, I think the 49ers are the most likely team to make the playoffs in the NFC. Of course Green Bay is still undefeated, but they don't play St Louis, Seattle and Arizona twice. The conference records for the NFC East teams, Detroit, Chicago, New Orleans, Tampa and Atlanta are remarkably similar in case of tiebreakers. Of course, the playoff teams will probably shake out over the next 6 weeks. But if we're lucky it will be like a few years ago when 6 teams were in line for 1 wild card spot in the AFC. Almost every game that last week had playoff implications for strength of schedule and things like that.

pauldrulez 01-11-2011 03:54 PM

Julian Edelman arrested for Indecent Assault last night.

Well, they did always say he was elusive in the slot.

Funk Butter 01-11-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter
This is shaping up to be one of the most furious playoff races in NFL history. Five teams with 2 losses and six teams with 3 losses in the AFC. Strangely enough, I think the 49ers are the most likely team to make the playoffs in the NFC. Of course Green Bay is still undefeated, but they don't play St Louis, Seattle and Arizona twice. The conference records for the NFC East teams, Detroit, Chicago, New Orleans, Tampa and Atlanta are remarkably similar in case of tiebreakers. Of course, the playoff teams will probably shake out over the next 6 weeks. But if we're lucky it will be like a few years ago when 6 teams were in line for 1 wild card spot in the AFC. Almost every game that last week had playoff implications for strength of schedule and things like that.

Yes, I'm a genius. San Fran, 99.8% and Green Bay, 99.6%

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story...od_nfl_xxx_xxx

pauldrulez 02-11-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
Frumpy with a big nose and bad hair.

Probably has a great personality.

I'll let her go through to the keeper.

Meh, she knows about football.

In terms of overratedness. Erin Andrews. Yes she's hot. But people make her out to be more than she is. (And yes, it's a cardinal sin to say this to Americans!)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.