CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Vince Hilaire's Afro 31-10-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
VHA what the Hell has been happening to us?

I had such high hopes this season of a sneak into the post season but other than the win against the Saints we've been dreadful!? :eek:

1) conservative coaching. We were slapping the Bears (epecially Cutler) all over the shop, yet on the Bears last drive dropped back with deep coverage. Cutler dollied the ball up the field and there was the FG. Also turned down a 51 yard FG to instead thrrow a hail Mary at the end of the half, even though Medlock has yet to miss.

2) offense has gone to shit. **** knows why (OL is in decline, which doesn't help)

3) some bonkers decision making by the now departed Hurney, such as the aforementioned RB stable who then aren't given the ball and run for a combined 10 yards overall against Tampa.

Sad days :sob:

Funk Butter 01-11-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

The fine folks at ESPN Stats & Information passed along a fascinating nugget that relates to Sunday night’s game between the Atlanta Falcons and Dallas Cowboys.

By no means am I suggesting it would be a good thing if the Falcons lose to the Cowboys. But history suggests otherwise.

The Falcons are 7-0 and the NFL’s only unbeaten team. But there have been three occasions since 1991 when the Cowboys faced an undefeated opponent fairly late in the season. Each time, the Cowboys won.

But here’s the kicker: Each time the opponent that got knocked from the unbeaten ranks went on to win the Super Bowl.

The most recent example came not too long ago, and it also involved an NFC South team. On Dec. 19, 2009, the Saints were 13-0, but he Cowboys beat them, 24-17. As we all know, the Saints lost their next two games after that, but then went on a postseason run that resulted in the only Super Bowl championship in franchise history.

In 2006, the Cowboys knocked off a 9-0 Indianapolis team and the Colts went on to win the Super Bowl. In 1991, the Redskins were 11-0 before losing to Dallas, and Washington recovered to go on and win the Super Bowl.
Don't make me root for the Cowboys, dammit!

pauldrulez 01-11-2012 11:02 PM

Aqib Talib.

Keeps his head in football and he's a stud pickup.

Talib and Dennard with Arrington in the Nickel.

McCourty solves his head-turning issues at CB by becoming a genuine top echelon Safety, alongside Chung this year and Wilson next.

Talib is a great pick up because they can now play Press-man coverage too. Dennard was excellent at it in College and one of the best (behind Claiborne) at it in the draft.

Excited about this defense.

Funk Butter 02-11-2012 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Aqib Talib.

Keeps his head in football and he's a stud pickup.

Talib and Dennard with Arrington in the Nickel.

McCourty solves his head-turning issues at CB by becoming a genuine top echelon Safety, alongside Chung this year and Wilson next.

Talib is a great pick up because they can now play Press-man coverage too. Dennard was excellent at it in College and one of the best (behind Claiborne) at it in the draft.

Excited about this defense.

Yeah, if he doesn't shoot one of the front 7 in the leg, he'll be useful.

pauldrulez 02-11-2012 02:48 AM

He can shoot Patrick Chung in the ass for all I care!

His partner in crime is Alfonzo Dennard who was facing 4 years in prison in April!

Please don't put their lockers together!!

oz_da II 02-11-2012 05:14 AM

Quote:

KC Chiefs are the first team since 1940 not to lead a game in regulation through 7 games.
Make that eight games! :clown:

jazman 04-11-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter
Don't make me root for the Cowboys, dammit!

You know it makes sense ... ;)

Benzhiyi 04-11-2012 07:09 PM

What a touchdown run from Reggie.

Phins up!

jazman 04-11-2012 07:11 PM

I saw tweet from Reggie earlier. His gameday tune was What I've Done by Linkin Park.

Benzhiyi 04-11-2012 07:20 PM

Another field goal block from Oliver Vernon. Guy is a special teams monster.

Funk Butter 04-11-2012 10:17 PM

The refs are really giving the Giants a helping hand today.

Funk Butter 04-11-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter
The refs are really giving the Giants a helping hand today.

Amazingly enough, it has gone from bad to worse. I'd hate to think that Sandy is influencing the refs because this has been way worse than the replacement refs.

SteveyHawking 06-11-2012 02:25 AM

Vick living up to his billing as the giveaway QB of the century - another interception that goes for 98 yards and a Saints touchdown. :hmph:

At least the running game is looking good. Straws firmly clutched... :o

ardeo 06-11-2012 02:43 AM

Defence looking crap again, great job firing Castillo.

Hoping for Vick to throw a few more picks so Foles can come in, although considering we only have one starting lineman in it might be for the best if he doesn't.

SteveyHawking 06-11-2012 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Defence looking crap again, great job firing Castillo.

Hoping for Vick to throw a few more picks so Foles can come in, although considering we only have one starting lineman in it might be for the best if he doesn't.

MNF stands for Monday Night Farce I take it?! Would be nice to see the defense even look like they're trying. So many whiffed tackles, poor coverage and no pass rush makes things pretty darn easy for Brees. Vick might be garbage but at least he's putting in a bit of effort. :veryangry :grrr:

ardeo 06-11-2012 03:05 AM

I'm just so pleased I gave up on the team when Reid fired Castillo, that was the moment I knew we weren't going to address the problems on offence.

Totally expected us to lose these two games, next week will be different against the Boys.

SteveyHawking 06-11-2012 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
I'm just so pleased I gave up on the team when Reid fired Castillo, that was the moment I knew we weren't going to address the problems on offence.

Totally expected us to lose these two games, next week will be different against the Boys.

Marty Moronweg is untouchable so expect the running game to be non-existent next week as it's proving to be too successful at the moment. We're going to have to go to the air now being down so much which means turnover central again. :( :sob:

Vince Hilaire's Afro 06-11-2012 03:14 AM

Eagles fans giving up? I've seen the Panthers throw away plenty of such leads over the last couple of seasons.

And they gave the Saints a bit of a pumping. Saints are suspect on defense, anything could happen.

Chin up chaps!

ardeo 06-11-2012 03:17 AM

Giving up on the game and the season!

We are averaging 17 points a game this season, have 1/5th of an offensive line and a defence that can't stop anything under new DC Bowles. No way we can come back in this one.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 06-11-2012 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Giving up on the game and the season!

We are averaging 17 points a game this season, have 1/5th of an offensive line and a defence that can't stop anything under new DC Bowles. No way we can come back in this one.

Pah. Eagles 26, Saints 23 (or whatever they've got now), and no booing for Santa this year. You heard it here first.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.