CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Swanny32 12-11-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
In all honesty and after some time to think, I was about ready to call for the head of Garrett closely followed by Romo had we lost last night. The funny thing is about that game is that we could have won by more. Penalties are still killing us and as soon as dumb ass players realise that the better ...

I do think that the Cowboys play better when under pressure though and you cannot deny that we have been nothing but entertaining this season.

We are not well but we are still alive ...

It's hard to see either of those two head coaches last night in charge of the same teams next season. If you guys can use last nights game as a confidence booster and go on a run then Garrett can possibly save his job, Andy Reid is without a doubt done in Philly.

SteveyHawking 12-11-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Good God no, no sour grapes at all, of course I don't like to lose to the Cowgirls but we couldn't capatalize on some very favourable penalties and then imploded in the second half. I wouldn't say that you guys looked all that good but you were definitely better than us, although it really wasn't hard. The right team won, scoreline was a little bit flattering but we only have ourselves to blame for that.

Spot on. (Unfortunately). :(

jazman 12-11-2012 12:55 PM

And for the record, if Vick continues to play like he does, he'll be ten foot underground before he is 40. A QB cannot put himself under that much punishment and shouldn't need to run as much as he does. Most QB's slide like girls, not Vick, he dives in head first!

jazman 12-11-2012 12:57 PM

Oh and a couple of final things;

Great punt return. I seriously had a preminition that was going to happen before Philly kicked off. Spooky. :lux:

Sky Go decided to cut out on me after that leaving me with only Twitter and NFL.com for score updates which let me tell you is not very amusing especially when they gave the fumble in the end zone a TD to Philly! :eek: :clown: :o

Latvian Eagle 12-11-2012 08:07 PM

Having seen that the Seahawks have a third jersey I wondered how the Hell they are supposed to wear a grey alternate jersey when the opposition would wear white. :confused:

Not really sure how that'd work!? :eek:

Seahawks Road Jersey:
http://nfl.imageg.net/graphics/produ...2853028reg.jpg

Seahawks Alternate Jersey:
http://nfl.imageg.net/graphics/produ...3184370reg.jpg

ardeo 12-11-2012 08:18 PM

Good result last night all round I think, Cowboys won and have an easy run in so hopefully will make the playoffs and keep Garrett for longer, so he can continue to be crap.

Any doubts about our season being over are completely extinguished and Vick got knocked out anyway, so absolutely no reason not to start Foles the rest of the season and see what he is made of. I think he did ok on debut against what is a very good Cowboys defence. Will be good to see him against the Redskins next week.

Funk Butter 13-11-2012 04:43 AM

Man, football players and/or coaches are really stupid. KC wins the overtime toss and chooses to receive the ball. The Steelers then chose the side that is going towards the end of the stadium that is hard as hell to kick a FG towards.

EDIT: Of course, Cassel just tosses an INT to make it easy for Suisham, who has no problem with a 27 yarder.

jazman 13-11-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Good result last night all round I think, Cowboys won and have an easy run in so hopefully will make the playoffs and keep Garrett for longer, so he can continue to be crap.

Any doubts about our season being over are completely extinguished and Vick got knocked out anyway, so absolutely no reason not to start Foles the rest of the season and see what he is made of. I think he did ok on debut against what is a very good Cowboys defence. Will be good to see him against the Redskins next week.

I was actually impressed with what he did when he came in to what was a very difficult situation. Did laugh at the early pass he hit the receiver on the back of the head though ...

SteveyHawking 13-11-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

I was actually impressed with what he did when he came in to what was a very difficult situation. Did laugh at the early pass he hit the receiver on the back of the head though ...

To be fair that was a very good throw and if Jason Avant hadn't done his hamstring at that very moment it would have been a decent completion. The key play throughout the whole game was Romo avoiding a couple of sacks and stopping the three and out rot. Three minutes and twenty-one points later and it's game over with the better team winning.

I will have to say the NFC East is pretty garbage this year with every team trying their hardest not to get win the division and get in the play offs.

Funk Butter 13-11-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter
It's amazing that even with replay, the officials can't overturn an obvious fumble by Holliday on that punt return. I guess we'll see an announcement from the NFL on Monday how the refs blew the call.

Looks like they waited until Tuesday.
Quote:

"Because the video showed that Holliday lost possession of the ball before it broke the plane of the goal line, Boylston should have stopped the game to initiate an instant replay review," the league said in a statement.

"Had that occurred, (referee Alberto) Riveron would have had the indisputable visual evidence necessary to overturn the on-field ruling.

"The result of the play should have been a touchback -- not a touchdown -- with Carolina gaining possession at the 20 yard-line."

Funk Butter 13-11-2012 10:25 PM

http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptu...c1113drink.jpg

jazman 15-11-2012 12:14 PM

I watched the Niners/ Rams highlights last night as an alternative to sleeping. And it was one of those pleasently suprising games where I just couldn't stop watching. Rather enjoyable and first tie in four years since Filly/Browns in 08.

Latvian Eagle 15-11-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Rather enjoyable and first tie in four years since Filly/Browns in 08.

Wasn't that the game where neither team realised they could tie the game? I seem to remember Donovan McNabb came out afterwards and said he thought they'd keep playing overtime until there was a winner? :clown:

jazman 15-11-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
Wasn't that the game where neither team realised they could tie the game? I seem to remember Donovan McNabb came out afterwards and said he thought they'd keep playing overtime until there was a winner? :clown:

You sound surprised :o :D

Funk Butter 15-11-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

There was also a rash of SF/Rams players that didn't know you could tie. If you watched it, when the clock ran out nobody seemed to be going out on the field for handshakes for a few seconds.
Quote:

"Amendola just told me he thought there was going to be a second overtime," Si.com's Peter King tweeted on Sunday night. "Didn't know it was over till he heard from an official."

And it's not just Amendola. Forty Niners safety Dashon Goldson, who's been playing at a Pro Bowl level over the last few seasons, seemed to think that college rules applied.

"I didn't know the rules! I didn't know you could tie in football," Goldson told the media after the game. "It's a competitve sport, man -- you've got winners and losers. You've gotta choose one. I never heard of tying in football -- I really didn't."

So, when did Goldson realize that ties were possible?

"When I saw both teams walking onto the field. Yeah, really. I said, 'Where's everybody going? Did somebody quit? Is this a forfeit?'"
I'm not surprised that they didn't know the rules. They're obviously as oblivious as I am when those refs mumble their way thru the overtime rules. Why the RedZone insists on showing it every time is baffling. I'd rather watch a commercial.

Benzhiyi 16-11-2012 09:22 AM

Dolphins nothing short of a disgrace last night.

Our O couldn't move a shopping trolley.

ardeo 16-11-2012 10:04 AM

What's gone wrong with the Phins in the last few Ben?

Things seemed to be going quite well, Tannehill was marshalling the offence and the defence was being solid. Then you seem to have just fallen off a cliff on both sides of the ball.

I made a bold prediction, somewhere, that the Jets would finish bottom of the East, so could do with Phins picking it back up again.

Swanny32 16-11-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Was that game against the Browns? Thought it was against the Bengals and possibly 2009/10 season?

Swanny32 16-11-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

And yes, McNabb wasn't aware that you could tie a ball game......idiot.

oz_da II 16-11-2012 10:49 AM

edit: just noticed Amendola's blunder has already been posted.

Carry on... ;)