CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

oz_da II 09-10-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinky (Post 11327772)
Here's my thoughts:

You need to use the odd full stop and comma every now and then.

Sounds like Oakland should be his team...

Flat Noodle 09-10-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyboy1807 (Post 11327740)
What about Indianapolis Colts ??

I was also looking at rivalries I guess San Francisco and Oakland are not the best of friends or the New York teams.

No.

No, no, no and no.

Haven't you been reading our suggestions above? Or since you're a Palace fan, how about the Eagles? Fit your category of East side and also struggling just like Palace :D

dannyboy1807 09-10-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinky (Post 11327772)
Here's my thoughts:

You need to use the odd full stop and comma every now and then.

I didn't ask for a grammar check I asked for help with a team which one would you pick??

I see the Colts are not the team to pick why is this??

fine fine go with one of the original 5 ok I think i'll pick Seattle.

saxoneagle 09-10-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flat Noodle (Post 11327784)
No.

No, no, no and no.

Haven't you been reading our suggestions above? Or since you're a Palace fan, how about the Eagles? Fit your category of East side and also struggling just like Palace :D

No, only wankers support the US-based Eagles *incoming*

:D

Swanny32 09-10-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 11327806)
No, only wankers support the US-based Eagles *incoming*

:D

SNOWBALL FIGHT!

Swanny32 09-10-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinky (Post 11327772)
Here's my thoughts:

You need to use the odd full stop and comma every now and then.

Go forth and multiply Stinky!

How's the golf going??

Vince Hilaire's Afro 09-10-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyboy1807 (Post 11327803)
I didn't ask for a grammar check I asked for help with a team which one would you pick??

I see the Colts are not the team to pick why is this??

fine fine go with one of the original 5 ok I think i'll pick Seattle.

The NFL equivalent of CPFC is the Carolina Panthers. Even have the same initials.

dannyboy1807 09-10-2013 02:47 PM

i've made my decision now based on suggestions Seattle Seahawks are the team for me.

Flat Noodle 09-10-2013 02:49 PM

Good luck and enjoy :p

Flat Noodle 09-10-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 11327806)
No, only wankers support the US-based Eagles *incoming*

:D

*ahem* I'm a Broncos fan :)

saxoneagle 09-10-2013 02:59 PM

Are you saying you're a wanker, Noodle? :D

Funk Butter 09-10-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 11327897)
Are you saying you're a wanker, Noodle? :D

As in one who wanks?

As for the team most like the Palace, it has to be the Falcons. Long periods of mediocrity/crappiness followed by brief flashes of greatness before the ultimate goal is snatched away. Poor signings. Check. Crazy owner history. Check. Young players get tempted away by stacks of cash. Check.

oz_da II 09-10-2013 03:16 PM

The Buffalo Bills are the most similar to Palace.

Got so close to greatness in the late 80's early 90's and have been shit ever since...

dannyboy1807 09-10-2013 03:29 PM

so we have Carolina Panthers, Buffalo Bills, Atlanta Falcons, Phliadelphia Eagles all similiar to Palace anyone else??


what about Cinncinati Bengals got to a Super Bowl final in 88 (close to Palace in 1990) done feck all since??

Swanny32 09-10-2013 03:33 PM

Nah, Eagles are nothing like Palace.

Flat Noodle 09-10-2013 03:34 PM

I suggest Eagles only because of its name.

Andy Newton 09-10-2013 05:34 PM

Bills got to the superbowl four times in a row even though they are on a dire run now, would have to be falcons or carolina imo, and falcons seem to mirror the roller coaster of palace more to me.

ps funk i think god hates the falcons this year.

oz_da II 09-10-2013 11:32 PM

Julio Jones gone for the season - confirmed

Vince Hilaire's Afro 10-10-2013 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Newton (Post 11328103)
Bills got to the superbowl four times in a row even though they are on a dire run now, would have to be falcons or carolina imo, and falcons seem to mirror the roller coaster of palace more to me.

ps funk i think god hates the falcons this year.

Falcons have a reasonably decent stadium and are getting a new one. Panthers have been knee deep in planning problems for updating theirs for ages.

BOA Stadium = Selhurst Park.

Funk Butter 10-10-2013 07:28 AM

http://i.minus.com/iGWdE4SUnhqzL.png


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.