CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

nookiebear 20-03-2009 09:45 AM

Japan really is fantastic

Silly season rumours continue

Cutler to Redskins. Zorn sacked, Mike Shanahan in.

Campbell and Horton to Arizona

All bollox

pauldrulez 20-03-2009 11:00 AM

Campbell to Zona?

They have Warner and Leinart :D

Campbell to the Chiefs/Broncos would be the most credible.

Zorn going nowhere.

nookiebear 20-03-2009 11:41 AM

People must be bored - below is from the Skins messageboard

Quote:

There's an inside source on Redskin Insider, and he says Snyder wants Shanahan as HC and Cutler as QB. Supposedly, the Skins are trying to work a deal with Denver that has JC going to AZ, Leinart to Denver, and Cutler to DC. Other players would be involved (including potentially Boldin). Shanahan would come to DC as HC and have Gibbs-esque GM power. Zorn would be OC, and Vinny's wings would be clipped a bit. Any truth to that?

jazman 20-03-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
Basically incredible. My photo diaries speak for themselves:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0&l=98d491c4d6
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0&l=82e1962cbf

Probably my third favourite city in the world now after Boston and Vancouver. Desperate to go back.

Great to hear fella. Damn access denied here at work so will take a look when I get home ... :p

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 21-03-2009 08:17 AM

:lux: :lux: :lux: Philly have finally signed a proper Full Back!! :lux:

Leonard Weaver From Seattle! Hopefully this will help the woefull short yardage problems from last season!!

From a neutral standpoint, a call to some of you experts out there, is this guy any good? Do you think this is a good signing?

Personally if we can get a power back and maybe a trade for a top WR (Boldin would be nice) and maybe an OT fromone of our two first round picks we could be flying!!!

TTFN

EEIE :p

jazman 21-03-2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
Basically incredible. My photo diaries speak for themselves:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0&l=98d491c4d6
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0&l=82e1962cbf

Probably my third favourite city in the world now after Boston and Vancouver. Desperate to go back.

Great pics fella ... it's on my list of places to visit just as soona s the kids are older ...

Vince Hilaire's Afro 22-03-2009 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
And I would like to formally welcome Julius Peppers to the New England Patriots.

:sob:

actually - isn't he rumoured to be going to the Houston Texans?

pauldrulez 22-03-2009 08:40 AM

He was about a month back.

But, Peppers wants to be in a 3-4 and Houston are not on his desired list of times.

I still prefer the idea of Jason Taylor. Cheaper and doesn't cost picks.

Benzhiyi 23-03-2009 09:53 AM

Samson Satele has been traded to the Oakland Raiders.

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/962983.html

This is the first move the Trifecta have made that I'm genuinely furious about. He was overpowered in a couple of games last season but nonetheless would have been a fantastic back-up center and swing guard to the Smiley-Grove-Thomas interior. BALLS.

pauldrulez 23-03-2009 10:00 AM

Rumours that the Lions have sealed the deal with Jason Smith already.

Only the Lions could sign someone a month before the Draft.

Benzhiyi 23-03-2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Rumours that the Lions have sealed the deal with Jason Smith already.

Only the Lions could sign someone a month before the Draft.

What's so bad about that? It's probably conditional that he doesn't get injured or arrested in the next month or so. Miami locked up Jake Long about a week ahead of draft day.

elliott 23-03-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
Samson Satele has been traded to the Oakland Raiders.

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/962983.html

This is the first move the Trifecta have made that I'm genuinely furious about. He was overpowered in a couple of games last season but nonetheless would have been a fantastic back-up center and swing guard to the Smiley-Grove-Thomas interior. BALLS.


I'm upset, but not that upset.

He looked weak at times last year (admittedly with some fairly ropey guards) and got well and truly raped (to coin an expression) in the playoff game. That's certainly the single worst game by an offensive lineman I've ever seen.

If he had picked up some weight, there was a chance he would've been okay, but this is certainly an upgrade in my mind.

I'm concerned about the guards more than anything though.

pauldrulez 23-03-2009 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
What's so bad about that? It's probably conditional that he doesn't get injured or arrested in the next month or so. Miami locked up Jake Long about a week ahead of draft day.

I think Long was on the Tues/Weds on the week beforehand, but thats beside the point.

As a football fan, I want to enjoy the draft and the surprises it brings. I'd like to wonder if the Lions will take Matthew Stafford or maybe Jason Smith or possibly the best player in the draft in Aaron Curry.

It's probably a stupid way to look at it, but they do take the fun out of it.

If they announce their pick, whats stopping the Rams naming theirs? And then the Chiefs?

Draft Day is Draft Day, don't spoil the fun :afro:

Strathclyde Eagle 23-03-2009 08:14 PM

Where's this Jason Smith guy come from? Don't think I heard his name mentioned once last season in college coverage. It's hardly like Baylor is a Big XII power either.

pauldrulez 23-03-2009 08:22 PM

From what i've heard and know.

Great attitude.
Willing to do whatever and wherever.
Performed in his big games.

Also had an excellent combine.

Memorable combine quote: "I like to shoot deer"

saxoneagle 23-03-2009 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Rumours that the Lions have sealed the deal with Jason Smith already.

Only the Lions could sign someone a month before the Draft.

Nothing can be signed until after the draft. The Fins picked out Long way before the draft and "agreed terms" the weekend beforehand. However, as far as I'm aware, apart from a gentleman's agreement and to avoid looking like twats, they could still have gone elsewhere in the draft.

The league would have been pissed off but there is nothing to stop them.

Besides, the Lions need just about everything - why not tie down a deal with their #1 now rather than announce on draft day, then discuss terms, then get a hold out, then miss training camp and miss the start of the season as you aren't up to speed.

IMO, this is the right thing to do for any team with the #1 pick as long as they are certain they have the right man.

elliott 24-03-2009 09:42 AM

agreed.

the last thing the lions want is a hold out.

Benzhiyi 24-03-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Besides, the Lions need just about everything - why not tie down a deal with their #1 now rather than announce on draft day, then discuss terms, then get a hold out, then miss training camp and miss the start of the season as you aren't up to speed.

IMO, this is the right thing to do for any team with the #1 pick as long as they are certain they have the right man.

Yup. Spot on.

ardeo 24-03-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
:lux: :lux: :lux: Philly have finally signed a proper Full Back!! :lux:

Leonard Weaver From Seattle! Hopefully this will help the woefull short yardage problems from last season!!

From a neutral standpoint, a call to some of you experts out there, is this guy any good? Do you think this is a good signing?

Personally if we can get a power back and maybe a trade for a top WR (Boldin would be nice) and maybe an OT fromone of our two first round picks we could be flying!!!

TTFN

EEIE :p

Good news indeed, hopefully it will take the pressure off Westbrook, as there is no Buckhalter as back up to him.

What did you make of us allowing Dawkins to leave?

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 24-03-2009 01:47 PM

Sad, a bit like Dougie being released to go to Southend - in time it will probably be seen as the right thing to do but at the moment it does not feel like it but I am pleased with the FA signings to date and the two picks in the first round of the draft! :p


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.