CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

elliott 22-04-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
Check out the new Seahawks' alternate uniform. My eyes, my eyes!!

http://www.greenglare.com/images/2009_24_3_298_2.jpg


April Fool.

UniWatch ran it as an april fool.

elliott 22-04-2009 03:01 PM

Anyone in doncaster this weekend? Fancy a beer first?

My girlfriend from Baltimore is coming to watch Palace for the first time, so I've got her my old Palace shirt to wear. She's really looking forward to it, learning songs and stuff!

Vince Hilaire's Afro 22-04-2009 03:07 PM

Percy Harvin and Brandon Tate, a couple of top prospects for Saturday's draft have failed drug tests - silly boys

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...sitive-for-pot

Latvian Eagle 22-04-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott
April Fool.

UniWatch ran it as an april fool.

You say that but I read somewhere that the Seahawks actually once considered releasing a green alternative jersey, but decided against it in the end (same green as on the Blue jersey).

Benzhiyi 22-04-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott
April Fool.

UniWatch ran it as an april fool.

Didn't they specifically say in their article that even though it was written on 1st April, it absolutely wasn't an April fool?

elliott 22-04-2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
Didn't they specifically say in their article that even though it was written on 1st April, it absolutely wasn't an April fool?


yes. but they lied. check the entry on the 2nd of april.


although i do believe that the hawks did consider releasing something similar about 5-7 years ago.


and not that surprised about percy. he seems like a bit of a tard.

pauldrulez 22-04-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Miles Austin is to have his contract extended at Dallas as he is considered No2 WR behind Roy Williams ...

Good plan by the Cowboys, Austin showed what he could do to end the season.

Jaz, any idea why there appears to be big rumours coming out of Dallas that they are after Pat White in this draft?

Benzhiyi 23-04-2009 12:09 AM

A smokescreen? Because they genuinely are? Because you shouldn't believe everything you read on the Internet? I'm not Jaz but it's one of the three.

pauldrulez 23-04-2009 09:22 AM

Seattle alternate jersey:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABP...2008979185.jpg
Quote:

The graphic of a neon-green Seahawks jersey posted on a Web site turned out to be a well-executed April Fool's Day hoax.

The possibility of the team having green alternate jerseys, however, may not end up being entirely a joke.

The Seahawks have announced no plans to use a different jersey at any point in the upcoming season, a spokesman confirmed. However, NFL teams have the option of using a third jersey.

Reebok previously made a "fashion" jersey that included the electric shade of the Seahawks' rave green and gray. If the team wears an alternate jersey at some point this season — still a possibility — green would be the most likely color.

However, that third, alternate jersey would not be the design that circulated online Thursday, posted on such sites as Deadspin.com and ProFootballTalk.com.

Paul Soto made that graphic using Photoshop, and it was posted as part of a hoax that included the Web site uniwatchblog.com.

"Just an April Fool's joke — simple as that," wrote Paul Lukas of onuniwatchblog.com in an e-mail.

The template was initially posted on www.greenglare.com, a site documenting the Hawks' uniform history. The site is run by Michael Princip.

"I can assure you it's just a hoax," Princip e-mailed. "Thankfully, because those green jerseys were awful."

pauldrulez 23-04-2009 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
A smokescreen? Because they genuinely are? Because you shouldn't believe everything you read on the Internet? I'm not Jaz but it's one of the three.

I know that, but have they tried him as a Receiver in workouts? or a QB or do they want to use him as the Wildcat player? Of which there are 3 players that can be used for that purpose this year (Harvin, White and Casey)

Benzhiyi 23-04-2009 09:37 AM

How would Jaz know that? And I would imagine no team can have concrete plans for ANY one prospect yet, let alone one who'll likely go in the second round and may not work in any of the roles you've placed him in.

Stop trying to overanalyse details that don't even exist, Pauletta.

pauldrulez 23-04-2009 09:48 AM

Well, I know how the Pats have worked out White. But that is more through leaked details through various sources. They gave him the slot drills and some passing at both his pro day and his first private workout. Not quite sure who leaked it though. But I know Connor Barwin was also worked out as a tightend by the Patriots in the original Cincy workout but was worked out as a passrusher in his second one.

Not sure if anyone will agree with me (that'll be a no) but when Belichick finally gives up the ghost as Pats coach, Urban Meyer is a guy that seems to perfectly fit in there. With his friendship with Belichick, it wouldn't be a huge surprise to me :angel:

Amazingly, the Lions haven't leaked who they will be signing yet (although Stafford is the most likely apparently) so the Draft hasn't been ruined yet. I have a website (can't post it until the draft) that will have a video stream, chat and updated draft boards alongside the side of the stream.

But, shhh Don't tell the NFL about it :angel:

pauldrulez 23-04-2009 10:29 AM

And, this one is my own opinion (for once) :)

Steve Wyche would be an excellent full-time replacement for Schefter when he jumps to ESPN.

Him and Lombardi are doing a great job while Schefter sits out.

So, add Wyche to the short list of people I respect on NFL Network alongside Eisen, Davis and Prime.

Benzhiyi 23-04-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Amazingly, the Lions haven't leaked who they will be signing yet (although Stafford is the most likely apparently) so the Draft hasn't been ruined yet. I have a website (can't post it until the draft) that will have a video stream, chat and updated draft boards alongside the side of the stream.

They've agreed terms with LB Aaron Curry in case they can't reach a deal with QB Matt Stafford before a deadline set by their FO. (Believed to be Friday.)

It's one of those two.

pauldrulez 23-04-2009 11:05 AM

Surprised at Curry.

He seems to be a good Linebacker but wont ever be something special IMO of course. Not a passrushing specialist or anything like that. I personally felt over the last week that the Chiefs should go for a passrusher at #3 if they cant trade out.

Sanchez to the Seahawks? Kiper is on that bandwagon now and McShay seemed to like the idea on their podcast yesterday.

They should have gone for the top OT if not Smith, or knowing the Lions, they take Crabtree to add to their first round receivers.

jazman 23-04-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
A smokescreen? Because they genuinely are? Because you shouldn't believe everything you read on the Internet? I'm not Jaz but it's one of the three.

Thanks for answering on my behalf Ben, you're quite right, I have no idea at all. I'm guessing this is the guy who is just as at home playing WR as he is as QB?

jazman 23-04-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Good plan by the Cowboys, Austin showed what he could do to end the season.

Jaz, any idea why there appears to be big rumours coming out of Dallas that they are after Pat White in this draft?

Agreed, will be interesting to see how he gets on in the early games ...

In all honesty, I've not followed the draft all that much at all so I wouldn't know. Will leave it all to the 2 hour highlights programme next week when all the rumours are put to bed and things actually happen.

pauldrulez 23-04-2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Thanks for answering on my behalf Ben, you're quite right, I have no idea at all. I'm guessing this is the guy who is just as at home playing WR as he is as QB?

He is a quarterback that is 99% likely not to be a good enough QB to play in the NFL.

But, he is a natural athlete so they are trying to turn him into a WR, he can run as well so is the perfect player for the Wildcat as he can throw as well.

nookiebear 23-04-2009 01:45 PM

Rumours abound that the Jets might trade with the Skins for Jason Campbell if the Skins try and move up the draft to get Sanchez

I really want to throttle the Front Office in DC for constantly giving up picks in an attempt to get instant success.

Joe Gibbs thought Campbell could be a Franchise QB, GM Dan Snyder doesn't - who's opinion would you trust?

Call me a madman but I quite like that fake Seattle kit :D

This is the most attention I've payed a draft in all my years following NFL. Can't wait to see how it all plays out

Elliot, Ben and I are in Donny on Saturday

pauldrulez 23-04-2009 02:46 PM

And I'm not even lusting over a player in the top 6 this time.

Connor Barwin. DE/LB/TE.

Even though my Ayers pick before the Combine looks good, if he moves any higher (Mayock says 3rd best defensive player) then he has BUST written all over him.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.