CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 04-05-2009 07:54 PM

Robiskie was a great pickup. But I think you could have kept on moving down to get Mack.

I'd just like to say that looking back at my EMBARRASSING draft comments. There is a reason why Mel Kiper gave the draft a great grade.

For me, if we get no-one else to play OLB, then I dislike the draft, if not, we got some great backup players for the future.

A podcast I was listening to made a great point. They didn't mind the Cutler trade for the 2 firsts, because it meant in the 2010 QB-heavy draft class that they would be able to trade up and get one of the top few (McCoy, Bradford etc) But they traded a first for Alphonso Smith, so now they don't like it.

Now, these same people were complaining that the Broncos didn't work on the Defense, but with the Cutler draft picks they took Robert Ayers and Alphonso Smith. Add in the free agent pick-ups (Dawkins and the other couple of D players) and they have taken some steps to improve it. And Orton will likely fit into JMcD's offense and may look as good as Matt Cassel did with the weapons around him. (Notice the 180 degree turn on Cassel... ;) ;)

pauldrulez 04-05-2009 08:06 PM

The Dalai Lama is a Patriots fan.

Maybe 18-1 was karma...
http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...032009lama.jpg

Dave Nunn 04-05-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Robiskie was a great pickup. But I think you could have kept on moving down to get Mack.

I'd just like to say that looking back at my EMBARRASSING draft comments. There is a reason why Mel Kiper gave the draft a great grade.

For me, if we get no-one else to play OLB, then I dislike the draft, if not, we got some great backup players for the future.

A podcast I was listening to made a great point. They didn't mind the Cutler trade for the 2 firsts, because it meant in the 2010 QB-heavy draft class that they would be able to trade up and get one of the top few (McCoy, Bradford etc) But they traded a first for Alphonso Smith, so now they don't like it.

Now, these same people were complaining that the Broncos didn't work on the Defense, but with the Cutler draft picks they took Robert Ayers and Alphonso Smith. Add in the free agent pick-ups (Dawkins and the other couple of D players) and they have taken some steps to improve it. And Orton will likely fit into JMcD's offense and may look as good as Matt Cassel did with the weapons around him. (Notice the 180 degree turn on Cassel... ;) ;)

Maybe, but I think the Squeelers would have taken Mack for their first pick. We needed to strengthen the offensive line and it's always good to get one over the Stoolers! :moo:

pauldrulez 04-05-2009 08:27 PM

Fair enough, the way the teams are going recently, they are all building from the Lines out.

Nice to have a Browns fan to ask this question to for once.

Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson?

pauldrulez 04-05-2009 08:48 PM

Oh, and for those that see a lot more overall college football than I do,

Jevan Snead. Thoughts on him possibly being as highly rated as Bradford and McCoy come 357 days time?

Dave Nunn 04-05-2009 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Fair enough, the way the teams are going recently, they are all building from the Lines out.

Nice to have a Browns fan to ask this question to for once.

Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson?

Derek Anderson has had his chance. He always wants to go long, gives up too many interceptions and bottles the pressure games. On this basis the Brownies should start Quinn. On the other hand, what about Graham Harrell or Brett Ratliff! :eek:

Funk Butter 04-05-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Oh, and for those that see a lot more overall college football than I do,

Jevan Snead. Thoughts on him possibly being as highly rated as Bradford and McCoy come 357 days time?

He can play. He was signed with Florida, but backed out when it was obvious Tebow was the man. Then he was at Texas but left there when Colt McCoy blossomed. We'll see if he can repeat Ole Miss' success from last year. (They don't play Florida this year, so can avoid that revenge game)

pauldrulez 04-05-2009 09:01 PM

Quinn should be the starter. At least until the bye. I'm sure it is going to be one hell of a Training Camp competition between the two guys.

Harrell needs a lot of work done on him in my opinion. There is a reason he went undrafted.

pauldrulez 04-05-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter
He can play. He was signed with Florida, but backed out when it was obvious Tebow was the man. Then he was at Texas but left there when Colt McCoy blossomed. We'll see if he can repeat Ole Miss' success from last year. (They don't play Florida this year, so can avoid that revenge game)

Thanks :p

It's just as I was looking around and have seen the odd projection towards 2010 which have had Snead, Bradford, McCoy in that order.

pauldrulez 04-05-2009 09:50 PM

My final thought on a much quieter week of The NFL Thread activity.
We very nearly at the halfway point of the offseason (if like the Patriots, your season finished on 28th Dec that is)

Bring on the Football! :lux:

Benzhiyi 05-05-2009 11:07 AM

Touchdown! Pat White! http://vimeo.com/4365017

:D

pauldrulez 05-05-2009 11:10 AM

Cant watch it at work.

But nothing from me about it. I seem to be the only person that liked the Dolphins draft when you look at the ratings.

pauldrulez 05-05-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
Touchdown! Pat White! http://vimeo.com/4365017

:D

Does it show him being crushed by Vince "smaller tits than Andre Smith but still a wobbly sprinter" Wilfork like Ronnie Brown was in the 2nd game? ;)

Any news on if RB was placed on the Trade Block as was reported by PFT and a few Miami papers in the week before the draft?

nookiebear 05-05-2009 03:44 PM

Can't imagine anything will come of it, but I like stories like this

A former first-round pick who has lost his way. Not played a down since 2005, trying to get back in the NFL

He's signed a one-year deal with the Skins, who need a right tackle. If he can contribute on short yardage, running third downs, it might make for a cracking story

Redskins taking chance on 400-pound Mike Williams

Mike Williams, once the fourth overall pick in the 2002 NFL Draft, hasn't been on a football field since 2005 — he apparently hasn't missed a meal, either.

Williams is in camp with the Washington Redskins trying to get to 350 pounds so he can rekindle his NFL career, according to the Washington Post.

The best news for Williams is he's "sub now," which is his way of relaying he worked himself below 400 pounds. Williams already has lost 55 pounds. His goal is to enter June's OTAs between 370 to 375, according to the Post.

Head coach Jim Zorn said Williams is not a "fat guy" and is mostly lean body mass. He added that Williams's participation in June's OTAs will not be contingent on weight, although Williams will struggle to play consistently at his current size.

"The thing I saw when we worked him out, he can change directions with 410 pounds pretty well," Zorn said. "My charge to him is being able to do that 70 times a game, 16 games and some playoff games as well. We have to get him down just so we can get that."

Source: Washington Post

Funk Butter 05-05-2009 07:29 PM


saxoneagle 05-05-2009 07:52 PM

The Jim Mora one at #3 is great and used on the Coors Light ads :D

pauldrulez 05-05-2009 08:03 PM

Playoffs?!?! :D

Benzhiyi 05-05-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Playoffs?!?! :D

Remember them, Paul? ;) :hi:

pauldrulez 05-05-2009 11:05 PM

:D Good one ;)

I was going to find a pic of a dead dolphin, but what I found may cause offense and was disturbing.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...gVaYf/610x.jpg

Cue 300 wildcat pictures ;)

But i'll get there first

http://www.toothandclaw.org.uk/uploa...0Lynx-0001.jpg

I want one as a pet. ;)

Latvian Eagle 06-05-2009 12:46 AM

This one is clearly better Paul! ;)

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/maga...g_20021112.jpg


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.