CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Swanny32 26-07-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
She has a real lack of interest in any sport which is probably why at a push she chose Philly ... :o ;)

Take me with you instead of the missus Jaz, I can't offer sexual favours but I do know how to enjoy football and drink a shit load of Bud Light!

jazman 27-07-2009 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Take me with you instead of the missus Jaz, I can't offer sexual favours but I do know how to enjoy football and drink a shit load of Bud Light!

Tempting ... :o

Latvian Eagle 27-07-2009 12:19 PM

Just read something that we are looking at Michael Vick at the moment! :eek: We already have 4 QBs!

jazman 28-07-2009 08:12 AM

I'm interested to know when NFL let him back in to play and who picks him up.

I assume Favre is still playing the waiting game with the Vikings? Depending on that situation I would say they may be favourites to go for Vick if Favre doesn't end up going there. They certainly don't seem that confident with what they have got in the QB line up.

oz_da II 28-07-2009 08:15 AM

Is there a more ridiculous "scenario" in sport than this Farve will he/won't he debacle?

jazman 28-07-2009 08:19 AM

I completely agree, it's quite boring.

Swanny32 28-07-2009 08:21 AM

It's always going to be around with Favre as he is one of the best QB to play the game, hopefully it'll be resolved by the end of the week as it's getting a bit annoying.

Vick has been reinstated into the NFL do expect a lot of will they/won't they sign him stories over the coming weeks.

jazman 28-07-2009 08:26 AM

He just can't let go, shows that he still has a love for the game I guess ...

Didn't know Vick has been reinstated, thanks for the info Swanny.

Swanny32 28-07-2009 08:45 AM

Yep, all happened yesterday so I read, will be interesting to see who he ends up with

jazman 28-07-2009 08:50 AM

Now it's not only Favre watch but Vick watch as well ... :rolleyes:

Swanny32 28-07-2009 12:03 PM

Positive noises coming out of the Philly TC at the moment. Westbrook is well on the road to recovery and looks set to be fit for the start of the new season, hasn't been taking part in any plays but instead going through stretches and running with the athletic trainer slowly getting faster and faster.

Rookie LeSean McCoy apparently is really gunning for it in TC and is showing a lot of promise with Westbrooks absense which is music to my ears! One player who I didn't know anything about but has got the Philly camp raving is Danny Amendola, waivered by the Cowgirls and picked up by us, apprantely catching absolutely everything thrown his way, very quick and an excellent route runner, if he can really up his game and push for a place in the squad we could have a bit of an unknown gem on our hands by the sounds of it. DeSean Jackson looks to have been taken off of kick returns which is something everyone wanted to see. 1st round pick Jeremy Maclin is yet to sign a contract with us and hasn't turned up for TC, apparently it's common for this to happen but to me that means he isn't interested. Only time will tell I guess.

Obviously they aren't going to report on anything negative but from what I have seen and read we seem to be coming along really well early on!

ardeo 28-07-2009 12:05 PM

Thanks for the update Chris, good about Westbrook, not so about Maclin

jazman 28-07-2009 12:07 PM

Still can't agree contract with Maclin though ...

Swanny32 28-07-2009 12:23 PM

Im not sure what's going on with Maclin, he definitely hasn't signed a contract so I guess he is holding out for more money. I have just watched a video from Monday's training and Westbrook looks fit to me, I'd be very very surprised if he doesn't make the start of the season. Obviously being able to run is just a small part of his rehabilitation, with a shoulder injury/operation it'll be a few more weeks before he is able to take hits but his general fitness looks good.

Swanny32 28-07-2009 12:25 PM

McNabb didn't take part in training yesterday afternoon due to personal reasons so Kolb stepped in, threw the ball well and a lot of screen passes were used with McCoy. He looks very sharp, I'm getting quite excited about him.

jazman 28-07-2009 12:28 PM

Must be hits as some of them make me cringe sometimes ... Maclin hasn't been training as far as I could read ... risk of injury to unsigned players ...

Swanny32 28-07-2009 12:31 PM

He was scheduled to turn up for training but no one has seen him, strange one. I'll have to get on the forum and find out what people are saying.

One of my fantasy receivers Kevin Curtis is a changed man by the looks of it. I picked him knowing he was coming off the back of an injury but in an interview with him he said it's hopefully all behind him now, he feels as fit as he has ever been, was catching the ball well and on top of that has had his shit looking long hair cut off! He looks like a right mean SOB now! Could be a good pick for me if he stays fit!

jazman 28-07-2009 12:37 PM

Strange one for sure ... At what point may other teams try and sign him?

Latvian Eagle 28-07-2009 12:49 PM

I'm not sure Aaron Curry has actually signed for Seattle yet either. :eek:

Latvian Eagle 28-07-2009 12:52 PM

This was originally released as an April Fools joke, but apparently the Seahawks are now seriously considering using a Neon Green Alternate jersey for some games.

This jersey actually is in Madden 10 by the way, so I don't know whether that makes it official or EA Sports have just jumped the gun a bit. Quite smart though. :p And better than most of the other green jersey's in the NFL.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABP...2008979185.jpg