CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Strathclyde Eagle 30-07-2009 11:09 PM

Amazingly entering "John Beck Buffalo nightmare" in Google doesn't instantly bring up a game report of that game.

Strathclyde Eagle 30-07-2009 11:11 PM

Ugh, there's video of it.

I can't even bring myself to post it. To think we spent a 2nd round pick on him, emblematic of that era unfortunately.

elliott 01-08-2009 03:11 PM

UPDATED STATEMENT FROM ESPN AMERICA
We are pleased to announce that ESPN America will continue to broadcast in the UK. Therefore, you can continue to watch and enjoy the unrivalled live coverage and sports action from North America 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on ESPN America.

ESPN America will be available in the UK via both Sky and Virgin Media along with our other sports channels – ESPN (from 3rd August) and ESPN Classic. Please see below for how to get ESPN America on Sky and Virgin Media.


While ESPN America will continue to broadcast to customers on the Sky platform, ESPN America will be changing channel numbers. From 3rd August, ESPN America will move from Channel 417 to Channel 430.

ESPN America will also be moving out of the ‘News and Events’ pack and Sky customers will be able to subscribe to ESPN America as follows:

-Sky Sports subscribers can upgrade to receive ESPN America and also receive ESPN & ESPN HD for £9 per month
-Sky Customers can upgrade to receive ESPN America and also receive ESPN & ESPN HD for £12 per month

While ESPN will continue to broadcast to customers on the Virgin Media platform, ESPN America will be changing channel numbers. From 3rd August, ESPN America will move from Channel 533 to Channel 531


Hooray!!!

So we get ESPN, and ESPN America (and ESPN Classic).

And on Virgin XL its all free.

jazman 01-08-2009 04:25 PM

Does this change the coverage Sky Sports have been prividing for NFL or does it now switch to ESPN?

Diehard 01-08-2009 06:50 PM

With Favre gone from the Jets, who is the likely starting QB? They seem a bit weak to me this season?

davematt 01-08-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diehard
With Favre gone from the Jets, who is the likely starting QB? They seem a bit weak to me this season?

Mark Sanchez.

peagle 01-08-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott
UPDATED STATEMENT FROM ESPN AMERICA
We are pleased to announce that ESPN America will continue to broadcast in the UK. Therefore, you can continue to watch and enjoy the unrivalled live coverage and sports action from North America 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on ESPN America.

ESPN America will be available in the UK via both Sky and Virgin Media along with our other sports channels – ESPN (from 3rd August) and ESPN Classic. Please see below for how to get ESPN America on Sky and Virgin Media.


While ESPN America will continue to broadcast to customers on the Sky platform, ESPN America will be changing channel numbers. From 3rd August, ESPN America will move from Channel 417 to Channel 430.

ESPN America will also be moving out of the ‘News and Events’ pack and Sky customers will be able to subscribe to ESPN America as follows:

-Sky Sports subscribers can upgrade to receive ESPN America and also receive ESPN & ESPN HD for £9 per month
-Sky Customers can upgrade to receive ESPN America and also receive ESPN & ESPN HD for £12 per month

While ESPN will continue to broadcast to customers on the Virgin Media platform, ESPN America will be changing channel numbers. From 3rd August, ESPN America will move from Channel 533 to Channel 531


Hooray!!!

So we get ESPN, and ESPN America (and ESPN Classic).

And on Virgin XL its all free.

so at the moment i watch ESPN America free, will that change from 3rd August?

jazman 01-08-2009 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt
Mark Sanchez.

I've read that he will start as #2 ...

Vince Hilaire's Afro 01-08-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
I've read that he will start as #2 ...

Yep you'd expect a bottom team like the lions to start their no.1 pick as QB but the jets have a whole other world of expectancy what with that NY sense of self importance.

It could destroy him if he's sent straight into the lion's den.

Latvian Eagle 01-08-2009 11:39 PM

Who's starting for the Jets then? Kellen Clemens I guess?

Vince Hilaire's Afro 02-08-2009 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
Who's starting for the Jets then? Kellen Clemens I guess?

There was something on ESPN news today saying that Sanchez is rostered at #2 behind him.

Also, the Favre thing could start up again because Tavaris whatever his name is injured. As usual.

Oh and someone's come out of retirement, Derrick something or other.

Rothelellelelsburger's got lady trouble, and the Steelers aren't ruling out bringing in Vick.

Anquan Boldin is pissed of because he's not getting enough money so he's fired his agent.

Please note that all the information posted above could be completely wrong because I don't know much about anyone other than the Panthers and wasn't really paying attention.

Swanny32 02-08-2009 08:15 AM

Balls, I was enjoying having ESPN for free, why do we have to pay for it and Virgin customers don't. That's bollocks! I already pay £57 a month for Sky, there is no way I'm paying another £9 for ESPN.

nookiebear 02-08-2009 10:41 AM

Sanchez looked v poor in OTAs I read

Benzhiyi 02-08-2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott
UPDATED STATEMENT FROM ESPN AMERICA
We are pleased to announce that ESPN America will continue to broadcast in the UK. Therefore, you can continue to watch and enjoy the unrivalled live coverage and sports action from North America 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on ESPN America.

ESPN America will be available in the UK via both Sky and Virgin Media along with our other sports channels – ESPN (from 3rd August) and ESPN Classic. Please see below for how to get ESPN America on Sky and Virgin Media.


While ESPN America will continue to broadcast to customers on the Sky platform, ESPN America will be changing channel numbers. From 3rd August, ESPN America will move from Channel 417 to Channel 430.

ESPN America will also be moving out of the ‘News and Events’ pack and Sky customers will be able to subscribe to ESPN America as follows:

-Sky Sports subscribers can upgrade to receive ESPN America and also receive ESPN & ESPN HD for £9 per month
-Sky Customers can upgrade to receive ESPN America and also receive ESPN & ESPN HD for £12 per month

While ESPN will continue to broadcast to customers on the Virgin Media platform, ESPN America will be changing channel numbers. From 3rd August, ESPN America will move from Channel 533 to Channel 531


Hooray!!!

So we get ESPN, and ESPN America (and ESPN Classic).

And on Virgin XL its all free.

Amazing! Yee-haw!!

Benzhiyi 02-08-2009 11:19 PM

Also, booked tickets for Indy @ Miami today. Yee-haw again!

nookiebear 03-08-2009 12:12 AM

Just waiting to here back from a couple of people, re Redskins v Rams tix, Mr Wilson :)

Latvian Eagle 03-08-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Balls, I was enjoying having ESPN for free, why do we have to pay for it and Virgin customers don't. That's bollocks! I already pay £57 a month for Sky, there is no way I'm paying another £9 for ESPN.

I checked this out over the weekend as a fuly subscribed Virgin Customer. It says I am not subscribed to ESPN... Surely that contradicts what was posted on here?

nookiebear 03-08-2009 02:28 PM

So then

Has everyone been paying attention to training camp?

Through the wonderful world of Twitter, I'm getting hour updates from Virginia, where the Redskins are working out

No surprises, but the O-line is struggling against a No4 D that has added Orakpo and Albert Haynesworth. And the kid Jarmon we got in the supplemental draft is also looking tasty. I'm not sure yet if that means the D is simply incredible, the O simply awful, or somewhere in the middle.

If the O-line is struggling, at least they'll improve after getting beaten up by that defense over the next month.

Campbell and the WRs doing well, Devin Thomas is looking like the No2 receiver - a potential good draft sleeper for us fantasy players

Romo and Sanchez, I read, are having iffy training camps

peagle 03-08-2009 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nookiebear
If the O-line is struggling, at least they'll improve after getting beaten up by that defense over the next month.

Or lose all confidence in themselves and their team mates. could go either way

nookiebear 04-08-2009 02:19 PM

I live in hope they might learn something


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.