CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Vince Hilaire's Afro 01-09-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
0-3 Pre season for us so far! :hi:

What's worse, is that the performances have been getting progressively worse too.

Swanny32 01-09-2009 04:26 PM

And you'll start the season 0-1 as well LE, ;)

pauldrulez 01-09-2009 05:45 PM

Panthers are not going to be anywhere near that bad.

Put it this way.

IIRC, the Lions went 4-0 last year in pre-season and had 0 wins in the regular season. The Patriots went 0-4 and got 11 wins.

Latvian Eagle 01-09-2009 10:49 PM

Haven't seen any performances from Pre season but I hope we do well this year. Basically the same team as last year so shouldn't be that bad.

Have to be honest I don't fancy our chances against Philli. I think the Eagles will be there or there abouts come Play off time though. I could even see the Giants missing out on a post season spot. Their line up doesn't look as strong as it has the last year or two.

Latvian Eagles tips for 2009/10 (I bet most of these will be shockingly wrong but might as well add some fun to the mix)...

NFC:
1. Philadelphia Eagles
2. Atlanta Falcons
3. Minnesota Vikings
4. Seattle Seahawks
5. Dallas Cowboys
6. Carolina Panthers

AFC:
1. New England Patriots
2. Pittsburgh Steelers
3. Indianapolis Colts
4. San Diego Chargers
5. Baltimore Ravens
6. Tennessee Titans.

nookiebear 02-09-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
AFC South and AFC East are no where near the level of the NFC Beast. Having said that I genuinly think that the only team in the NFC Beast to improve over off season is us. Cowgirls haven't replaced TO and IMO don't have a go to WR anymore. The Foreskins need to face up to facts and realise they need a new QB and The Giants don't have anyone for Eli to pass too!

We have one of the best QB's in the league and another superb QB at #2 in Vick, now have a big name go to receiver in DJax (can't wait for Elliott to get home with my new jersey!), one of the best running backs in the NFL in Westbrook and his new right hand man Shady McCoy is proving to be a bit of a handful as well. A very highly respected and quality Defense with a few players with a point to prove like Laws and Mikell, the OL hasn't been all that spectacular in pre season but am told that they will be one of the best in the NFL come the start of the season. Barr a few annoying injuries especially Stewart Bradley at MLB we have a great chance to go places this season and prove we are the best team in the strongest division. Tell me you're not scared of us, do it, I dare you!

My thoughts on the BEast

Dallas have probably strengthed the least. No TO is a big issue for me.

Philly have the most but seem to have a lot of injuries a couple of weeks ago - is that still the case?

Redskins have strengthed a lot as well. No4 Defense now has Orakpo, Jarmon and Haynesworth. One reason the Skins didn't make the play-offs last season was special teams. We had the worst punter in the league early season. Now we have former Colts punter Hunter Smith. He's one of the best.

And I will state now that Campbell will have a good season. The difference this year is he has more options to throw to, a healthy line (for now) and is in his second year in a system. And he's playing for a contract.

Giants - will be strong as usual and did a lot with their O-line I think but there's grumblings on defense, I gather?

It's too hard to call, but I'll go with

Giants
Eagles
Redskins
Dallas

no-one will have a losing record

Swanny32 02-09-2009 12:27 PM

Yes we still have a few injuries, Westbrook is due back any time soon and should bit fit for the first game against the Panthers. The biggest concern for us is Stewart Bradley at MLB, he is out for the season and will be a massive loss.

jazman 02-09-2009 12:30 PM

I'm interested to read that the loss of TO is considered detrimental to our chances this time around ... I agree, he's a truly talented WR, but last season he only showed it fleetingly between the so called unrest he caused.

Swanny32 02-09-2009 12:38 PM

Think it's time for some predictions:

AFC East:
New England Patriots
Miami Dolphins
Buffalo Bills
New York Jets

AFC North:
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns

AFC South:
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans
Houston Texans

AFC West:
San Diego Chargers
Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders

NFC East:
Philadelphia Eagles
New York Giants
Washington Redskins
Dallas Cowboys

NFC North:
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions

NFC South:
New Orleans Saints
Carolina Panthers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Atlanta Falcons

NFC West:
Arizona Cardinals
Seattle Seahawks
San Francisco 49ers
St Louis Rams

jazman 02-09-2009 12:41 PM

Is anyone setting up the predictions game again for the new season?

And isn't it just over a week now until the season starts?

pauldrulez 02-09-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Am I allowed to cause an argument (insert discussion instead)

Philip Rivers is better than Peyton Manning. :)

I'll give my reasoning when I get home.
This was my original post, but too much effort to argue.

I'll set up one of saxon's schedules that he does for those that want to predict the season more accurately :)

Not hard to do, just put a 1 for a win and it adds it up for you. Hopefully I still have it (fingers crossed)

jazman 02-09-2009 12:48 PM

Is that the pools site we used? That was adequate for what we needed ...

Swanny32 02-09-2009 12:50 PM

Im game for a predictions league, I thought Ben said that there was another 2 or 3 games that are played during the season and he'd get around to setting them up closer to the beginning of the season.

First game of the season is the 14th Jaz, so 2 weeks time! Can't Wait!

pauldrulez 02-09-2009 12:53 PM

It'll all be on Yahoo. Saves the effort of having 4 different websites.

jazman 02-09-2009 12:58 PM

13th for us I think ... that's what it is on my schedule at least.

We have the Vikings on Friday in our final pre season game before we take on Tampa ...

Swanny32 02-09-2009 12:59 PM

14th must be the first televised game or something. Think it was Steelers v Titans

Swanny32 02-09-2009 01:00 PM

Does anyone know if Sky have released their schedule for the season yet? They are taking their time!

Swanny32 02-09-2009 01:05 PM

Oh and also, someone on the NFLUK forum reckons if you phone up Sky and say that you need to cancel Sky Movies in order to get ESPN they will give you ESPN for free, not sure if i want to try it though as if they do cancel Movies i'll be a bit upset!

jazman 02-09-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Yes we still have a few injuries, Westbrook is due back any time soon and should bit fit for the first game against the Panthers. The biggest concern for us is Stewart Bradley at MLB, he is out for the season and will be a massive loss.

We seem to have a lot of our rookies out injured;

Jason Williams/ Hamlin both out for four weeks
Brandon Williams out for season
Brewster also out for season potentially
McGee/ Hurd/ Ball should be fit for season opener

We have 76 players left on the roster after cutting T Andre Douglas which has to be down to 53 by Sunday. Looks like we are planning to take two kickers (Buehler & Folk) which means we may only take two QBs.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 02-09-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
Haven't seen any performances from Pre season but I hope we do well this year. Basically the same team as last year so shouldn't be that bad.

The only half decent performance was against NYG. Unfortunately, due to injuries it looks like it might not be the same team as last year. There's been some bad luck with injuries to key players including Beason, Stewart, and Kameateau (although Steve smith returned from injury and looked sharp as ever). I guess you could include a disinterested peppers on that list.

On the positives, a RB called Goodson was excellent.

My stepson had his party at the Panthers stadium on Sunday and we got some good photos that I'll get on here asap.

jazman 02-09-2009 01:13 PM

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12949,00.html

Ummm, nothing?