CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

ardeo 28-12-2009 12:27 AM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

pauldrulez 28-12-2009 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
3rd and 25 :lux:

Worst Defensive call ever.

No call for Holding on #79 either?

saxoneagle 28-12-2009 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Check the scores from them all, I remember every one of the games.

Texans games - 2 missed FGs. One to win, One to tie.
Jags games - Needed D to step up at the end when they were driving. Twice.
Titans game - Outlasted them in the end and a bad, fluke turnover costing Titans.
Patriots game - Let's not go there. Refs decisions and bad plays.
Miami game - Miami didn't put their multiple chances and drives away.
Ravens game - Ridiculous plays to end the game cost the Ravens as well as a few decisions.
49ers game - Needed a trick play to finally take the lead

Jets game - Take Manning and other starters out and fall apart.

Lucky, Lucky team.

It isn't luck when your D wins you games or inventive play-calling gets scores. It's called "football".

saxoneagle 28-12-2009 12:28 AM

DMc runs 27. Bitch. :D

pauldrulez 28-12-2009 12:30 AM

Actually, the Jags games weren't even the D blowing up. They were Garrard failing.

The Niners game also had a dodgy call when the Niners were on their way down the field.

If teams learnt to just carry on the way they were playing rather than deciding to make a smart decision, they'd have knocked the Colts off a long time ago.

I'm looking at you as well Bill Belichick :grrr:

Great stop by Goodman.

pauldrulez 28-12-2009 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
DMc runs 27. Bitch. :D

This.

Strathclyde Eagle 28-12-2009 12:31 AM

Great, time to get the Jets fans needlessly excited and also get the Fins a third placed schedule next year. Good times!

Down 19-17 to the Bengals, and Thomas Jones starts barreling through the line in the closing minutes. The Jets get up to the Bengals 25, then get fancy, pulling a play-fake to Jones before going to Braylon Edwards, who can't grasp the Sanchez pass and instead - in a bizarre twist from their week one fate - it goes straight into the hands of Roy Williams for the touchback.

That would be class. :lux:

saxoneagle 28-12-2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

I'm looking at you as well Bill Belichick :grrr:

But you aren't though as you've said you backed and agreed with the 4th down call. Hypocrite :p

Strathclyde Eagle 28-12-2009 12:32 AM

Quote:

Would the Jets be the worst team ever to make it into the play-offs?

8-8 Rams in whatever year that was.

Or the 8-8 Giants who lost in Philly (at least the Rams went to Seattle and won).

pauldrulez 28-12-2009 12:33 AM

Not on the call.

The D was what i'm complaining about. As well as our play-calling. It's always the same against a big team when we get a decent lead. Like the AFC Championship game in 06. Talking off phantom pass-interference calls....

Strathclyde Eagle 28-12-2009 12:34 AM

I don't think either is entirely lucky by the way, but the Saints were luckier to go undefeated for as long as they did. That win in Washington is one of the craziest things I've ever seen in my life in a sporting arena.

pauldrulez 28-12-2009 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Great, time to get the Jets fans needlessly excited and also get the Fins a third placed schedule next year. Good times!

That'll be Raiders and Titans/Jags then. Not too bad really.

Quote:

Down 19-17 to the Bengals, and Thomas Jones starts barreling through the line in the closing minutes. The Jets get up to the Bengals 25, then get fancy, pulling a play-fake to Jones before going to Braylon Edwards, who can't grasp the Sanchez pass and instead - in a bizarre twist from their week one fate - it goes straight into the hands of Roy Williams for the touchback.

That would be class. :lux:
More like it goes straight into Roy Williams hands, he runs out of the end-zone. Horsecollars the ref and falls flat on his arse into the endzone for a safety to make it 19-19 :sob:

pauldrulez 28-12-2009 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
I don't think either is entirely lucky by the way, but the Saints were luckier to go undefeated for as long as they did. That win in Washington is one of the craziest things I've ever seen in my life in a sporting arena.

I can't believe it happened twice though. Suisham (he was still there then wasn't he?) and then Folk as well.

Strathclyde Eagle 28-12-2009 12:37 AM

Nice work Paul, getting retweeted by @nfl_uk. :p

pauldrulez 28-12-2009 12:39 AM

I did???

pauldrulez 28-12-2009 12:39 AM

Oh yeah, he didn't do the @ bit properly. Eejit.

saxoneagle 28-12-2009 12:40 AM

Shit 35 yard punt by Broncos :(

pauldrulez 28-12-2009 12:41 AM

Great catch by Maclin. Should be overturned.

This game has filled the time until the Late Night game which i'll now stay up for I guess.

saxoneagle 28-12-2009 12:43 AM

Boo. Eagles will win now :(

pauldrulez 28-12-2009 12:45 AM

Never know.

Pray for lots and lots of laterals. Or a block.