CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

jazman 02-01-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sLlll
I'd love it if we get the bye week. If this happens I can't see us fluffing our lines - a guaranteed Superbowl appearance, in my opinion.

Lets hope NY come in looking to regain some pride and Silly bench a few players :p

Great Palace win, let's hope we get Brighton at Selhurst :p:p

Not quite as confident as you to be honest but I would be chuffed if we got the bye week. Whether that would work for us or not is the problem. A week off could well work against us and break up any momentum we had gained IF we beat the Eagles tomorrow ...

Yes, good win today and I thought the very same, lets bring Brighton to Selhurst!

pauldrulez 02-01-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
I was told this morning that Eagles @ Cowgirls has been replaced on sky with Bengals @ Jets......is this true?

No, both games are on at different times.

Bengals/Jets is on Five at 1.20am

The Cowboys/Eaglets game is on Sky at 9.15pm

Squeelers/Phish is on Sky at 6.00pm

Swanny32 03-01-2010 09:09 AM

Thanks for clearing that up Paul

pauldrulez 03-01-2010 10:08 AM

No problem.

I'm pretty happy with the game choices.

Glad the Patriots aren't on as there will likely be a massive dose of Brian Hoyer.

Houston have a nice shot at the playoffs today.

jazman 03-01-2010 01:50 PM

I keep trying to work this out. I know the NFC is sorted but not quite. So the Eagles are the number two seed right now. But am I right in saying that if the we beat them tonight and the Vikings lose to the Giants we will take that number two seed? Or are Green Bay ahead in the pecking order making it impossible for us to be the number two seed?

Swanny32 03-01-2010 02:27 PM

I think you are correct Jaz, if we beat you we take 2nd seed regardless of the Vikings, if you beat us then you only take 2nd seed if the Vikings fail to beat the Giants, I don't think Green Bay's divisional record is good enough to get them 2nd seed full stop. However, if you beat us, the vikings lose to the Giants and the Cards beat the Packers then the Cards take 2nd seed.

Swanny32 03-01-2010 02:29 PM

Have a fiddle with this, think I have covered all scenarios in the post above though

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffs...rrentStandings

jazman 03-01-2010 02:41 PM

I'm sure they will say this evening anyway particularly as the Vikings game is one of the early ones ... Find that quite bizarre actually ...

pauldrulez 03-01-2010 03:05 PM

6pm Vikings win, rules Cowboys and Cardinals out.

9.15pm Eagles win, they got it.
9.15pm Eagles lose, Cardinals win, they got it.
9.15pm Eagles lose, Cardinals lose, Cowboys get the Bye.

Now, explain the AFC Wildcard Battle to me ;)

pauldrulez 03-01-2010 03:12 PM

Jets win - they're 5th seed
Ravens win - they're 6th seed.

Jets lose, Ravens win, Steelers win, Texans win, Broncos win, Titans win. Baltimore 5th seed, Broncos 6th seed.

Jets lose, Ravens lose, Steelers, Texans, Broncos, Titans win. Broncos and Texans, 5th and 6th seeds. Bengals would be 3rd seed. Playoffs - Texans@Bengals, Broncos@Patriots.

If the Broncos lose as well as Jets and Ravens, then Texans are 5th seed, Steelers are 6th seed.

I'm not going into any more depth, it's too bloody complicated.

I'll try and update as every hour passes with what the hell is going on in each conference.

saxoneagle 03-01-2010 04:34 PM

I might stay up all night and watch online.

Strathclyde Eagle 03-01-2010 04:35 PM

Cowboys lost the big game in Arlington yesterday.

Unfortunately for the Eagles fans here it was only Oklahoma State. :D

pauldrulez 03-01-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
I might stay up all night and watch online.

I'll Sky+ Bengals-Jets. Gotta be up early for work (sucks), but will be watching Pats game at 6pm online. Just to see the backups get a run-out in the 2nd half.

Will have RedZone channel on after our one is over.

saxoneagle 03-01-2010 04:42 PM

Paul - what is this "work" you speak of? :D

pauldrulez 03-01-2010 04:52 PM

Piss off, I've worked full time for 5 months now :D

saxoneagle 03-01-2010 04:55 PM

I've been unemployed for over 6 months now. It's really tough, man. Really tough.

pauldrulez 03-01-2010 04:58 PM

So, where are you now?

Japan? :D

saxoneagle 03-01-2010 05:03 PM

Thailand. Two more days left then to Singapore then Australia, Samoa and NZ before South America then US, London and Africa again in the summer for the world cup and some gorilla trekking.

pauldrulez 03-01-2010 05:05 PM

Bloody Hell.

Makes my planned trip down the US East Coast look pretty boring.

saxoneagle 03-01-2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Bloody Hell.

Makes my planned trip down the US East Coast look pretty boring.

When you actually start planning, email me and I'll happily advise you on the best ways to avoid anything south of Baltimore :p