CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 03-01-2010 05:13 PM

:D

Cheers.

I doubt you read what I put, but it's a winter adventure starting in Boston then seeing as many NFL teams down the East Coast as is possible. Including 2 weeks in NY and then as the teams fall. I want to visit some College stadiums as well, but that doesn't need to be planned yet.

jazman 03-01-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Bloody Hell.

Makes my planned trip down the US East Coast look pretty boring.

Difference is Saxon is doing rather than talking about it ... ;)

pauldrulez 03-01-2010 05:17 PM

Where's that middle finger smiley.

saxoneagle 03-01-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Cheers.

I doubt you read what I put, but it's a winter adventure starting in Boston then seeing as many NFL teams down the East Coast as is possible. Including 2 weeks in NY and then as the teams fall. I want to visit some College stadiums as well, but that doesn't need to be planned yet.

I read it.

Florida and Georgia - avoid.
Virginia - definitely avoid
Carolinas - ditto.
Further north - bingo

The East coast only starts to become interesting around and above DC :p

saxoneagle 03-01-2010 05:18 PM

You'd be better off heading West towards the lakes and visiting Chicago and JLMatthews. He loves Pats fans.

pauldrulez 03-01-2010 05:23 PM

Maybe i'll just go Boston, NY, Philly then Fly to the West Coast where it's hot.

davematt 03-01-2010 05:25 PM

I am looking forward to tonight.

Will be nice to just know what the play off picture looks like at last :D

Trying to predict the AFC wildcard battle is almost impossible.

saxoneagle 03-01-2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Maybe i'll just go Boston, NY, Philly then Fly to the West Coast where it's hot.

I can highly recommend Seattle and Vancouver as well as San Fran and the coastal road all the way down to San Diego. Skip LA.

Tell me how much time you have and I'll tell you what I would do ;)

peagle 03-01-2010 05:35 PM

Paul, prepare to be jealous!

Met a mate of mine who has just got back from a 4 month US tour after Uni. He went (not in order) to New York, Boston, Washington, Las Vegas, New Orleans... everywhere.

Saw 100,000 pack into college games, saw the Jets, the Saints and the Redskins at home, got stuck in a tiny town population around 1000 on a friday night and asked what he could do, the local high school had a game on so he went as one of over 10,000 there. He went to see Yale play soccer in front of tens of thousands, saw NE Revolution at Gillette. Sounded incredible.

Strathclyde Eagle 03-01-2010 05:37 PM

Great start to the show by Cadle, calling Halling "Vince" and then getting the teams and games mixed up. That's what happens when he doesn't have to prompt someone to read e-mails I guess.
Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
I read it.

Florida and Georgia - avoid.

You're just trying to antagonise me, aren't you? :D

pauldrulez 03-01-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peagle

Met a mate of mine who has just got back from a 4 month US tour after Uni. He went (not in order) to New York, Boston, Washington, Las Vegas, New Orleans... everywhere.

Saw 100,000 pack into college games, saw the Jets, the Saints and the Redskins at home, got stuck in a tiny town population around 1000 on a friday night and asked what he could do, the local high school had a game on so he went as one of over 10,000 there. He went to see Yale play soccer in front of tens of thousands, saw NE Revolution at Gillette. Sounded incredible.

I was Jealous until he saw the Jets and Redskins play.

Sticking needles in my eyes would be more appetising.

;)

saxoneagle 03-01-2010 05:40 PM

I'm sure both states have lots to offer but if Paul wants to go to Atlanta and Miami then he is wasting his time as I found both cities to be crapholes... :D

saxoneagle 03-01-2010 05:41 PM

One of my first ever games was a 49ers Vikings game which I think finished 9-6. Zzz.

pauldrulez 03-01-2010 05:41 PM

Cadle is useless. Halling is a pompous oaf.

Coombs and Carlson should be on Sky/ESPN or wherever the hell games will be next year.

Strathclyde Eagle 03-01-2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

I can highly recommend Seattle and Vancouver as well as San Fran and the coastal road all the way down to San Diego. Skip LA.

Fully agree with this. :p
Quote:

Originally Posted by peagle

Not a NE fan for anything, but I'm envious of that. Sounds like a fantastic trip.

pauldrulez 03-01-2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

I'm sure both states have lots to offer but if Paul wants to go to Atlanta and Miami then he is wasting his time as I found both cities to be crapholes... :D

I'd like to see the Georgia Dome.

What about Tampa? Or Jacksonville?

Strathclyde Eagle 03-01-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

We've discussed the ATL lots of times, but Miami we haven't - depends where you go I think. Personally I've liked around Miami a lot more than in Miami. Big fan of Fort Lauderdale myself.

Ugh, now six years since I've been. Ugh. <sulks>

Paul - Tampa's nice (IMHO), Jacksonville apparently isn't worth bothering with.

saxoneagle 03-01-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

I'd like to see the Georgia Dome.

Why? It's a big dome. If you want to see a dome, go to New Orleans and eat cajun food.

Quote:

What about Tampa? Or Jacksonville?
What about them? :D

pauldrulez 03-01-2010 05:46 PM

Maybe a cross-city tour then.

NE, NY, Philly, NO, Dallas, Anywhere on the West Coast. Home.

pauldrulez 03-01-2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

What about them? :D

Are they shitholes? Tampa sounds alright.