CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Dave Nunn 11-01-2010 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
Nothing to be confused about, just describing how he/she chooses which teams to "support".

Cowboys:

Yankees:

Knicks:

Must be the small dick and sports car analogy! ;)

Problem - Supports Palace, no chance of silverware. Solution - I know I'll make up for this by supporting the Manures of the NFL and MLB. :D

Funk Butter 11-01-2010 08:16 AM

Well, I'm a definite bottom-feeder: Falcons, Hawks, Thrashers and Braves. (Poor Braves go from wild spending Ted Turner to bean-counter deluxe...have no idea what corporation owns them now)

Vince Hilaire's Afro 11-01-2010 08:25 AM

Same here. My commitment to supporting my local team has given me the pleasure of the Panthers and the Bobcats. But I wouldn't want it any other way.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 11-01-2010 08:26 AM

The Braves used to have a lot of support here in the Carolinas. Not sure if it's still the case.

jazman 11-01-2010 08:48 AM

Don't band all Cowboys fans in that manner thank you .... :hi:

I see the banter continued throughout the evening then ...

Swanny32 11-01-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Don't band all Cowboys fans in that manner thank you .... :hi:

I see the banter continued throughout the evening then ...

Jaz, I know you and I have some heavy handed banter sometimes, but it's enjoyable (most of the time) and never resorts to name calling or overly aggressive posts. This bloke though is an absolute cock end and I hope he gets banned from the site. I'm glad he's not a Philly fan, that would just be embarrassing, mind you, he'd never follow the Eagles because we aren't loaded with cash and haven't won a Superbowl.

Swanny32 11-01-2010 09:43 AM

Anyway. What a game last night! I'm completely knackered this morning and can hardly keep my eyes open but boy was it worth it. Luckily I'm working from home today so I may slope off in an hour or two and take a nap!

jazman 11-01-2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Jaz, I know you and I have some heavy handed banter sometimes, but it's enjoyable (most of the time) and never resorts to name calling or overly aggressive posts. This bloke though is an absolute cock end and I hope he gets banned from the site. I'm glad he's not a Philly fan, that would just be embarrassing, mind you, he'd never follow the Eagles because we aren't loaded with cash and haven't won a Superbowl.

Fair play fella and I know. That is why I like this thread, there is no other like it for following NFL and I respect most peoples contributions on here even if some do piss me off at time .. (yes Paul ;) ). However, I do think the banter last night was beyond acceptable which is why I left.

For the record, I'm kinda like Vince in that I follow all Dallas teams. Not my local sides granted ... but I have always felt obligated to follow them all since supporting the Cowboys in what is nearly over twenty years now ... just seem to always feel compelled to explain why I follow the teams I do for some reason ...

jazman 11-01-2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Anyway. What a game last night! I'm completely knackered this morning and can hardly keep my eyes open but boy was it worth it. Luckily I'm working from home today so I may slope off in an hour or two and take a nap!

I watched to the half and then turned in. It's been an exhausting weekend watching all that action. Will watch the second half highlights tonight, that's for sure. Was amazed to see the score when I got into work this morning though. I think every game had something and a great advert for the game ...

Swanny32 11-01-2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Fair play fella and I know. That is why I like this thread, there is no other like it for following NFL and I respect most peoples contributions on here even if some do piss me off at time .. (yes Paul ;) ). However, I do think the banter last night was beyond acceptable which is why I left.

For the record, I'm kinda like Vince in that I follow all Dallas teams. Not my local sides granted ... but I have always felt obligated to follow them all since supporting the Cowboys in what is nearly over twenty years now ... just seem to always feel compelled to explain why I follow the teams I do for some reason ...

I think by the end of the night the majority of people on the thread had put the idiot on ignore, he completely ruined a good night. I'm not going to enter into the supporting teams with money argument, I'll leave that to Oz but I'm pretty sure you don't fall into that category given the other teams you follow, even if they are all crap. :p

Congrats on the playoff win, deserved i'd say. Until next season..............

Swanny32 11-01-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

I watched to the half and then turned in. It's been an exhausting weekend watching all that action. Will watch the second half highlights tonight, that's for sure. Was amazed to see the score when I got into work this morning though. I think every game had something and a great advert for the game ...

Amen to that, I said last night, if I wanted to get someone into NFL I'd show them a repeat of last nights game, but then thinking about it I could probably show them a repeat of any of the playoff games this weekend, all of them have been excellent standard of football, with the possible exception of that team that played in green on Sunday morning! :(

kayjay 11-01-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
What a shame for Green Bay, the way they came back at Arizona deserved better than to lose in that manner.

That first timer (playoffs) QB threw 422 yards and lost...:eek:

jazman 11-01-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

I think by the end of the night the majority of people on the thread had put the idiot on ignore, he completely ruined a good night. I'm not going to enter into the supporting teams with money argument, I'll leave that to Oz but I'm pretty sure you don't fall into that category given the other teams you follow, even if they are all crap. :p

Congrats on the playoff win, deserved i'd say. Until next season..............

To be honest, both me and my old man sat down on the first night of the NFL coverage in the UK and chose a team. Neither us did any research, we simply watched the intro to the game that the channel did before the first game. I'd like to know when that was actually and who played in the first game if anyone knows or cares to find out ...

Anyway, I think we have come a long way this season to the team that had such an unhappy locker room last season if the reports are to be believed. The fact that TO left in the close season suggested that Witten was going to be the number one target for Romo but that just hasn't been the case. No big money signings (unless you include Williams from last season who is still flatering to deceive) ... I am just very please to be in the position that we are in. Can we beat the Vikings? Yes. But can we up our game yet again is the serious question.

I don't know what happened to you guys in both games. Do you think it was just us being that good, doing our homework or as suggested could you have been flattered in your six game win streak which papered over some cracks?

This isn't a dig at all at your team but DJax and McCoy were getting quite petulent in the game I thought ... I admit, it would effect some players like that I suppose but wasn't one of them giving it some on Twitter the previous week?

jazman 11-01-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Amen to that, I said last night, if I wanted to get someone into NFL I'd show them a repeat of last nights game, but then thinking about it I could probably show them a repeat of any of the playoff games this weekend, all of them have been excellent standard of football, with the possible exception of that team that played in green on Sunday morning! :(

Me banging on about the game so much has got my old man slightly interested again ... I have yet to tell him that it looks like the Niners will be over this year ...

Agree, although the standard has been very high all season I think ... another enjoyable one that's for sure. I'm so glad I have continued interest in the post season but it's a shame the regular season is over as I enjoy the madness that is Sunday evenings with the games going on all over the place .. I'm going to miss that.

Beckenham Boy 11-01-2010 10:18 AM

Sky Sports schedule:

Sat 16th January - 9pm
Arizona @ New Orleans

Sat 16th January - 1am (Sunday)
Baltimore @ Indianapolis

Sunday 17th January - 5.30pm
Dallas @ Minnesota

Sunday 17th January - 9pm
NY Jets @ San Diego

Go Chargers!!!

jazman 11-01-2010 10:20 AM

Great. Our game is at a watchable time this weekend ...

Swanny32 11-01-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

To be honest, both me and my old man sat down on the first night of the NFL coverage in the UK and chose a team. Neither us did any research, we simply watched the intro to the game that the channel did before the first game. I'd like to know when that was actually and who played in the first game if anyone knows or cares to find out ...

Anyway, I think we have come a long way this season to the team that had such an unhappy locker room last season if the reports are to be believed. The fact that TO left in the close season suggested that Witten was going to be the number one target for Romo but that just hasn't been the case. No big money signings (unless you include Williams from last season who is still flatering to deceive) ... I am just very please to be in the position that we are in. Can we beat the Vikings? Yes. But can we up our game yet again is the serious question.

I don't know what happened to you guys in both games. Do you think it was just us being that good, doing our homework or as suggested could you have been flattered in your six game win streak which papered over some cracks?

This isn't a dig at all at your team but DJax and McCoy were getting quite petulent in the game I thought ... I admit, it would effect some players like that I suppose but wasn't one of them giving it some on Twitter the previous week?

Djax and McCoy are young, they'll learn, it all boils down to experience at the end of the day. As for why you beat us, I hate to say it but it was just a case of you guys being better than us in every department as well as you guys wanting it a hell of a lot more than any person wearing a green Jersey. Bad play calling didn't help and the pressure you put on McNabb with the pass rush made it very difficult for him to pick any passes.

Hopefully we'll get our defence back to full fitness, draft a couple of new offensive lineman and maybe a new RB to help out McCoy and Weaver as I think Westbrook might move to a new team or even retire. If we can do that and keep everyone fit in pre season then we'll be back with a bang next season. I'd even go as far as saying that McNabb may shoot off in the close season and there are already rumours that the Rams want him but I don't think Vick or Kolb are good enough to replace him, Vick will more than likely be traded anyway and our draft position of 24 won't be good enough to get a top QB out of college. The QB position could be our main problem next season.

Does anyone think that we might be able to trade up in the first round by giving someone Vick and our 24th pick?

pauldrulez 11-01-2010 10:22 AM

Quote:

Yeah, if you are going to make stupid comments in banter, at least direct it towards people you'll never see. (Though I hope to see Florio one day in Hell.)

The thing is, I may be annoying and take the piss out of teams (see Cowboys last year, no-one this year, Jets every year), but don't direct the comments at people.

Swanny32 11-01-2010 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beckenham Boy
Sky Sports schedule:

Sat 16th January - 9pm
Arizona @ New Orleans

Sat 16th January - 1am (Sunday)
Baltimore @ Indianapolis

Sunday 17th January - 5.30pm
Dallas @ Minnesota

Sunday 17th January - 9pm
NY Jets @ San Diego

Go Chargers!!!

I'll watch them all apart from the Ravens Colts game which I'll record and watch on Sunday afternoon. The missus likes me watching NFL more than Football but I sense she is getting fed up with it now, luckily for my sex life it's coming to an end in 3 weeks time!

pauldrulez 11-01-2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

Djax and McCoy are young, they'll learn, it all boils down to experience at the end of the day. As for why you beat us, I hate to say it but it was just a case of you guys being better than us in every department as well as you guys wanting it a hell of a lot more than any person wearing a green Jersey. Bad play calling didn't help and the pressure you put on McNabb with the pass rush made it very difficult for him to pick any passes.

Hopefully we'll get our defence back to full fitness, draft a couple of new offensive lineman and maybe a new RB to help out McCoy and Weaver as I think Westbrook might move to a new team or even retire. If we can do that and keep everyone fit in pre season then we'll be back with a bang next season. I'd even go as far as saying that McNabb may shoot off in the close season and there are already rumours that the Rams want him but I don't think Vick or Kolb are good enough to replace him, Vick will more than likely be traded anyway and our draft position of 24 won't be good enough to get a top QB out of college. The QB position could be our main problem next season.

Does anyone think that we might be able to trade up in the first round by giving someone Vick and our 24th pick?

I think the Eagles have potential obviously.

If you could get a 2nd for McNabb, i'd take it. But, I think that'd be a bad idea for the Rams. They need a young guy to develop. Not another oldish guy. You are pretty set on Offense, maybe pick up another RB in the later rounds.

I like Kolb. He could be a decent starter for you and done very well when called on this year.

I personally think that you need a beast right in the middle of your D-Line with your first pick.