CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 11-01-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beckenham Boy
Sky Sports schedule:

Sat 16th January - 9pm
Arizona @ New Orleans

Sat 16th January - 1am (Sunday)
Baltimore @ Indianapolis

Sunday 17th January - 5.30pm
Dallas @ Minnesota

Sunday 17th January - 9pm
NY Jets @ San Diego

Go Chargers!!!

Great time for the first game.

Will watch first quarter of the 2nd game.

Dallas game I will have on when I eat my dinner.

Jets game I will be wearing a Chargers shirt and swinging a cat above my head like a Terrible Towel to make some noise :)

Swanny32 11-01-2010 10:39 AM

We also need a new safety as we really have missed Dawks this year, that was evident on Sunday morning.

pauldrulez 11-01-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Amen to that, I said last night, if I wanted to get someone into NFL I'd show them a repeat of last nights game, but then thinking about it I could probably show them a repeat of any of the playoff games this weekend, all of them have been excellent standard of football, with the possible exception of that team that played in green on Sunday morning! :(

And the team that wore blue but should have worn yellow for that first quarter on Sunday Evening

jazman 11-01-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Djax and McCoy are young, they'll learn, it all boils down to experience at the end of the day. As for why you beat us, I hate to say it but it was just a case of you guys being better than us in every department as well as you guys wanting it a hell of a lot more than any person wearing a green Jersey. Bad play calling didn't help and the pressure you put on McNabb with the pass rush made it very difficult for him to pick any passes.

Hopefully we'll get our defence back to full fitness, draft a couple of new offensive lineman and maybe a new RB to help out McCoy and Weaver as I think Westbrook might move to a new team or even retire. If we can do that and keep everyone fit in pre season then we'll be back with a bang next season. I'd even go as far as saying that McNabb may shoot off in the close season and there are already rumours that the Rams want him but I don't think Vick or Kolb are good enough to replace him, Vick will more than likely be traded anyway and our draft position of 24 won't be good enough to get a top QB out of college. The QB position could be our main problem next season.

Does anyone think that we might be able to trade up in the first round by giving someone Vick and our 24th pick?

Agree completely with the assessment. I couldn't work out whether McNabb was as fault or whether his weapons weren't running the routes as well as they should have been ... must agree too that we seemed to be the team wanting it much more and seemed to have more of a point to prove whereas it should have been the over way around after the final game of the regular season.

jazman 11-01-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Yeah, if you are going to make stupid comments in banter, at least direct it towards people you'll never see. (Though I hope to see Florio one day in Hell.)

The thing is, I may be annoying and take the piss out of teams (see Cowboys last year, no-one this year, Jets every year), but don't direct the comments at people.

At least you know you're annoying. And I enjoy healthy banter, nothing wrong with it at all ... sometimes it's grating but you get to know the regulars on here don't mean it personally. Problem with you Paul is that you don't think before you post which is why we had a falling out last month ... And backed up by the fact that you had a warning from another site about a post that you did on there at the weekend ... don't stoop to other people's level by doing such a thing ...

davematt 11-01-2010 10:47 AM

Last nights game was an absolute cracker. The best game I have ever seen in the NFL.

You will struggle to find two better quarterback performances than Warners & Rodgers last night. Both were superb.

Where do people stand on Rodgers? Is he as good as they get? Taking into consideration he doesnt exactly get superb protection from his O line, he still turns up big week in week out.

Next weeks Saints/Cardinals game will be another shootout. Both not great in the secondary and I can see Warner and Bree's having a field day.

My predictions this weekend were sooooo poor; only got the Cowboys in my picks correct.

Next weekend:

Jets @ Chargers - Chargers
Ravens @ Colts - Ravens
Cowboys @ Vikings - Cowboys
Cardinals @ Saints - Saints

Swanny32 11-01-2010 10:49 AM

I tell you what, I'm working from home today and have SSN on in the background, last nights epic game is getting a hell of a lot of coverage! Probably just because it was a record breaker, I'm guessing they'll be back to normal showing slithers of games once a week at stupid times.

Swanny32 11-01-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt
Last nights game was an absolute cracker. The best game I have ever seen in the NFL.

You will struggle to find two better quarterback performances than Warners & Rodgers last night. Both were superb.

Where do people stand on Rodgers? Is he as good as they get? Taking into consideration he doesnt exactly get superb protection from his O line, he still turns up big week in week out.

Next weeks Saints/Cardinals game will be another shootout. Both not great in the secondary and I can see Warner and Bree's having a field day.

My predictions this weekend were sooooo poor; only got the Cowboys in my picks correct.

Next weekend:

Jets @ Chargers - Chargers
Ravens @ Colts - Ravens
Cowboys @ Vikings - Cowboys
Cardinals @ Saints - Saints

There is no denying Rodgers is a fantastic talent who will do really well and has bags more potential but he's far from the finished article. He'll be scarily good in the next season or two. If the Packers get an OL the rest of the NFL better watch out.

jazman 11-01-2010 11:08 AM

He started the game like Brady last night, very dodgy indeed. But recovered extremely well. I think he has proved that he can be up there with the best, just give him some protection as he won't have a long enough career to prove it!

pauldrulez 11-01-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
At least you know you're annoying. And I enjoy healthy banter, nothing wrong with it at all ... sometimes it's grating but you get to know the regulars on here don't mean it personally. Problem with you Paul is that you don't think before you post which is why we had a falling out last month ... And backed up by the fact that you had a warning from another site about a post that you did on there at the weekend ... don't stoop to other people's level by doing such a thing ...

True that.

I know I can be annoying and sometimes do it just to wind people up.

There's no-one I dislike on here enough to piss them off deliberately.

Apart from Swanny... ;)

jazman 11-01-2010 11:21 AM

Don't forget Steve and Jeff this week ;)

Swanny32 11-01-2010 11:23 AM

I don't mind being disliked, no skin off my nose, but Sliii went too far last night and I'm not going to sit there and be abused on here.

And Paul, you're gay! :p

pauldrulez 11-01-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
He started the game like Brady last night, very dodgy indeed. But recovered extremely well. I think he has proved that he can be up there with the best, just give him some protection as he won't have a long enough career to prove it!

Rodgers deserves everything he gets.

He done the impossible.

Made the Packers forget about Favre.

Swap Favre and Peterson and Rodgers and Grant around. Rodgers would be best QB in the League and Grant would be top 5 RB. They have an awesome OL and have weapons for the WR.

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 11-01-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I think the Eagles have potential obviously.

If you could get a 2nd for McNabb, i'd take it. But, I think that'd be a bad idea for the Rams. They need a young guy to develop. Not another oldish guy. You are pretty set on Offense, maybe pick up another RB in the later rounds.

I like Kolb. He could be a decent starter for you and done very well when called on this year.

I personally think that you need a beast right in the middle of your D-Line with your first pick.

Gosh Paul, you know your stuff. I agree about Kolb, whilst DMac is a classy QB I have never been a fan in our WCO (he was always best a scrambler ala Randall Cunningham - the master, rather than a pocket QB like Kolb)

The Dline is too small and a power RB is what is needed in the Beast! (Although the Dream Weaver made a good case at FB - we have got to sign him next year)

Plus the Oline needs to get healthy - too many injuries and juggling of players to ever really be settled - Jamaal Jackson's injury is also a massive concern for next season.

I do think out injuries especially to Bradley (MLB) and Ingram (TE) were key. Celek is a beast and imagine the WCO with a two TE set with those two (potentially of course in the case of Ingram, but I would say in Training Camp he was a beast and some were saying he was looking even better than Celek :eek: )

pauldrulez 11-01-2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
I don't mind being disliked, no skin off my nose, but Sliii went too far last night and I'm not going to sit there and be abused on here.

And Paul, you're gay! :p

And proud... shit I said that out loud.

I mean, homophobe...

Swanny32 11-01-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
And proud... shit I said that out loud.

I mean, homophobe...

I knew it!!!!!!!!

Snikt5 11-01-2010 11:29 AM

With how the weekend turned out, it is hard to guess how any of the games will go. For what it is worth.

Jets @ Chargers - J.E.T.S. Jets Jets Jets (that is more of a me backing Palace blindly)
Ravens @ Colts - Ravens (I hope Colts pay for their relaxed end to the season, even if it helped the Jets).
Cowboys @ Vikings - Cowboys
Cardinals @ Saints - Cardinals (Saints were lucky to go unbeaten up until they started resting players).

Swanny32 11-01-2010 11:34 AM

I have gone with Chargers, Colts, Cowgirls, Cardinals, the 4 C's, although if my predictions from this weekend are anything to go by then only 1 of my predicted winners will actually win, if that is the case then it'll probably be the Chargers as I really can't see the Jets turning them over.

Beckenham Boy 11-01-2010 11:42 AM

I reckon Chargers, Colts, Vikings & Saints, all the home sides

Kaberle15 11-01-2010 11:54 AM

Too much childish bickering on this thread for my liking, calm down people, its just a game........

Pretty nervous about next week now. I wanted Baltimore above the Jets, but we're not great at defending the run, and I think they'll adopt a similar tactic to yesterday. Also not sure what Colts team will show up, since most of them have been on holiday for the best part of a month.

I think Jets take care of San Diego (so long as Sanchez doesn't lose them the game). Arizona over NO, and Vikings over Cowboys.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.