CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 14-01-2010 08:43 PM

I am looking to get one of the Mcnabb tops from JD (Thanks for the link Swanny! :p )

My question is what size do I go for. For the last Errea sash top I needed an XXXL :eek: as they were so small - normally I am XL / XXL (heading more towards XXL as I don't like tight fitting clothes)

I have got an authentic Phillies t Shirt size XXL which absolutly swamps me so on this basis, IE loose fitting US sizes I should go for an XL.

(my only other Eagles top I bought in about 1990 - vintage green / Cunningham top and that was a large - it still just about fits!!! :p

I await your feedback guys!!!

Thanks EEIE :hi:

jazman 14-01-2010 08:45 PM

I have a large and a medium and think that small would be perfect. I would normally buy large so I would imagine go two sizes smaller .....

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 14-01-2010 08:58 PM

Thanks Jaz, I am leaning towards XL - I know too much beer in my youth!!! ;)

Strathclyde Eagle 14-01-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
LT: I read the defense. I read the defense.

I pussy out of a playoff game.

I become a lesser RB.

I pussy out of another playoff game.

I have my first year with less than a 1000 yards.

I fail.

:D

It is begging to be mocked.

Swanny32 14-01-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
I am looking to get one of the Mcnabb tops from JD (Thanks for the link Swanny! :p )

My question is what size do I go for. For the last Errea sash top I needed an XXXL :eek: as they were so small - normally I am XL / XXL (heading more towards XXL as I don't like tight fitting clothes)

I have got an authentic Phillies t Shirt size XXL which absolutly swamps me so on this basis, IE loose fitting US sizes I should go for an XL.

(my only other Eagles top I bought in about 1990 - vintage green / Cunningham top and that was a large - it still just about fits!!! :p

I await your feedback guys!!!

Thanks EEIE :hi:

Hey fella, in my Eagles jerseys I go XL but could probably fit in a L, the extra room is good so you can wear a sweatshirt underneath and they don't swamp me like a XXL did, just for the record in the Errea sash shirt I had a XXXL as well.:lux:

Us lard arses need to stick together. :p

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 14-01-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Hey fella, in my Eagles jerseys I go XL but could probably fit in a L, the extra room is good so you can wear a sweatshirt underneath and they don't swamp me like a XXL did, just for the record in the Errea sash shirt I had a XXXL as well.:lux:

Us lard arses need to stick together. :p

:o :p

pauldrulez 14-01-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
:D

It is begging to be mocked.

He is asking for it, big time :p

Swanny32 15-01-2010 12:27 PM

Well, I can confirm that JD are quick with their delivery service, my McNabb jersey turned up this morning!

Whilst I was out at the hospital so now I have to rearrange delivery for next week as I'll be damned if i'm going all the way to Ipswich to pick it up from the depot!

jazman 15-01-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
Thanks Jaz, I am leaning towards XL - I know too much beer in my youth!!! ;)

No worries fella .. just my findings on getting my two jerseys ...

I want to get a white Cowboys shirt but they don't seem to do them over here, only the navy blue shirts .... I will go for a small this time so I have the full compliment! :)

Chester 15-01-2010 01:49 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...5&sportCat=nfl

Swanny32 15-01-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chester

Brilliant! Great warming story.

Now we can also say that the Patriots were beaten by a 14 year old!

AddiscombeEagle 15-01-2010 03:28 PM

Great story thanks for that Chester.

jazman 15-01-2010 03:40 PM

Excellent reading :p

pauldrulez 15-01-2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chester

Great Story, good luck to the kid. Maybe he has an Offensive Co-ordinator job in the future. :p

Always nice to see stories like that after games, and good on Cameron for telling the world that is what happened, I bet some focus is put on this for the Indy game.

Last time I saw a play chosen by someone at random, it was in pre-season of 2008. The competition for it was won by an overexciteable 23 year old.

His play call was of a double end-around which got flipped to Moss.

Moss was promptly cleaned up and knocked out of the game....

Suffice to say, for the rest of the pre-season and this year, the competition was never played again.

Good Luck to the Ravens. I don't hate that team, I dislike Ray Lewis, but he is a great player and like with Manning I hate the guy but respect him big time.

I hope they beat the Colts....

AddiscombeEagle 15-01-2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez

Good Luck to the Ravens. I don't hate that team, I dislike Ray Lewis, but he is a great player and like with Manning I hate the guy but respect him big time.

I hope they beat the Colts....

:love: :love: :love:

I knew you would come round Paul.

I am in a state of excitement already about this weekend, yeah, we are the underdogs but you know from experience that the Ravens will leave it all on the field and give everything they have.

Trying to decide whether to stay up for it or watch it on Sunday night when my daughter has gone to bed.

jazman 15-01-2010 04:46 PM

I'm with you AE. I want the Ravens to win. And as for this week, I haven't been as nervous as I was last week but that has been mainly down to this thread not being as active, me ignored NFL.com and the like and being busy at work ... it will start tomorrow no doubt ...

Just checked and NFL.com has us as the underdogs .. :lux:

Latvian Eagle 15-01-2010 05:04 PM

No Panthers jerseys on JD! Lol!

They had a Ravens Ed Reed jersey but they only have XL size! :sob:

jazman 15-01-2010 05:14 PM

There was yesterday Lats ....

Jamie W 15-01-2010 06:04 PM

London game announced. October 31st 2010, San Francisco 49ers v Denver Broncos at Wembley!! Well excited my 49ers coming over!

pauldrulez 15-01-2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie W
London game announced. October 31st 2010, San Francisco 49ers v Denver Broncos at Wembley!! Well excited my 49ers coming over!

I know 3 or maybe 4 people who may have fainted at seeing the Denver Broncos name there.

That'll be a very good game. Deffo going.