CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

RDSdaEAGLE 18-01-2010 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zonin2000
Am talking to my mate who is watching on CBS in LA. My Sky Sports feed is about 6 seconds ahead of his, which is quite funny seeing as he's about 200 miles away.

I think all live US television is delayed by six seconds to ensure that they have time to bleep something out if need be.

Hedgehog 18-01-2010 01:20 AM

As someone who lives in Los Angeles, and has done so since 1981 when LA had 2 teams, me routing for San Diego would be like supporting Charlton if Crystal Palace went away.

Perry Suckling 18-01-2010 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Christ, the Jets are going to win the Superbowl. It's too ominous.

That would be rather nice.

As a game, tonight was a typical Jets win, very strong D but was a little worried when we couldn't get our offence going in the first half. Enough pressure on Rivers finally told, and we took our chances and scored the points. little nervy at the end, but that is to be expected - Bit like supporting Palace in that respect!

It is nice being underdogs, I don't think anybody on here picked us over the Chargers. Bring on the Colts, we have nothing to lose :p

peagle 18-01-2010 08:06 AM

Peagle predicted:


Baltimore
Saints
Cowboys
Chargers

:(

EDIT: sorry typed that quickly on my ipod this morning as I went out of the door. Changed

pauldrulez 18-01-2010 08:15 AM

How did you manage to pick Baltimore and Indy? ;)

kayjay 18-01-2010 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
How long until the Jesters fans return on here.

Horrible by Turner.

San Diego Blowhards all over again.

Favre-Jets Superbowl... I ain't watching.

Jets won't get any further

Swanny32 18-01-2010 09:42 AM

Vikings - Colts superbowl and I honestly think it'll be a classic.

sLlll 18-01-2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Nice one Oz!

I'm back to watch the Chargers!

I did want the Jets to win. I like Sanchez and I'm usually for most of the New York teams except the Giants and when it impacts the Patriots.

I'd say your loss was poetic justice for me ;) :D

Jets Vikings final is what I'd like. NO against Indie is more like it.

sLlll 18-01-2010 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perry Suckling
That would be rather nice.

As a game, tonight was a typical Jets win, very strong D but was a little worried when we couldn't get our offence going in the first half. Enough pressure on Rivers finally told, and we took our chances and scored the points. little nervy at the end, but that is to be expected - Bit like supporting Palace in that respect!

It is nice being underdogs, I don't think anybody on here picked us over the Chargers. Bring on the Colts, we have nothing to lose :p

And good luck to you!

ardeo 18-01-2010 09:52 AM

Not easy to pick these playoff games. Was expecting Ravens to do what Jets did.

Both the Sunday games looked easier to pick, and what do you know two upsets (although Vikings wasn't a massive upset).

Looking forward to the conference games now, think that the first one will be a blow out and the last one will be close. That's about the only predictable thing about the playoffs so far!

jazman 18-01-2010 11:52 AM

Well at least the Jets have put a smile on my face this morning. I find that hilarious that they beat the Chargers. Has anyone checked on Paul this morning? ;)

jazman 18-01-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zonin2000
I don't like Kaeding, he looks like a serial killer.

Even funnier .. :D :o

jazman 18-01-2010 12:02 PM

Saints v Colts SB for me ... but what do I know? ;)

Watched highlights of the Colts/Ravens game this morning. And what a play by Peter Waitor. Manning under threw to him down the right which Ed Reed (I think it was picked off) only for Waiter to chase him down and punch the ball from under his arm which was ultimately claimed again by the Colts. The slow motion of it makes it look even better .... Great play!

Swanny32 18-01-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Saints v Colts SB for me ... but what do I know? ;)

Watched highlights of the Colts/Ravens game this morning. And what a play by Peter Waitor. Manning under threw to him down the right which Ed Reed (I think it was picked off) only for Waiter to chase him down and punch the ball from under his arm which was ultimately claimed again by the Colts. The slow motion of it makes it look even better .... Great play!

That was an incredible play, Garcon did fantastic to catch Ed Reed and then punch the ball out. It's plays like that that get you to the Superbowl, and it's plays like that that win you championships.

ardeo 18-01-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Well at least the Jets have put a smile on my face this morning. I find that hilarious that they beat the Chargers. Has anyone checked on Paul this morning? ;)

Jets wiped my Vikings induced smile off my face :(

jazman 18-01-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
That was an incredible play, Garcon did fantastic to catch Ed Reed and then punch the ball out. It's plays like that that get you to the Superbowl, and it's plays like that that win you championships.

I was very impressed. When you get prima donnas like TO and Moss who expect it in their hand every time who rarely bother ... that always bugs me, get back and make the tackle. Just like Garcon proved. A very similar play was the Saints/Skins game where the WR (name escapes me) saw the pick and tackled back and he had the ball in his hands to run it in for a TD ... brilliant!

jazman 18-01-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Jets wiped my Vikings induced smile off my face :(

Sport has a terrible habit of kicking you in the teeth without a care in the world ...

I bet my Cowboys cap will arrive today when I was expecting it on Saturday ... :sob:

sLlll 18-01-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Jets wiped my Vikings induced smile off my face :(

Serve you right ;) :o

sLlll 18-01-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Sport has a terrible habit of kicking you in the teeth without a care in the world ...

I bet my Cowboys cap will arrive today when I was expecting it on Saturday ... :sob:

I must admit that I care more how Palace fair. In this instance, when I fall, we'll all fall together :D

jazman 18-01-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sLlll
I must admit that I care more how Palace fair. In this instance, when I fall, we'll all fall together :D

Oh I agree ...

1. Palace
2. Surrey
3. Cowboys
4. Mavs
5. Stars
6. Rangers

And now I'm starting to find myself watching Premiership rugby when I have only ever wathed internationals ... Thoroughly enjoyed Wasps/Tigers game last weekend ...


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.