CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Vince Hilaire's Afro 21-01-2021 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 15605749)
Utter class.

Also as for the Panthers, they were in rebuild last year with a new coach who drafted All defensive players with every pick in the draft, which was unheard of.

Also had arguably the best dual threat running back out for all of the year.

If they got Watson this year, particularly with the 3 QBs in their division all having doubts (Brees not returning, Brady being Brady, and Matt Ryan on the hotseat) particularly in the long run.

Panthers were also in new territory last year, joining the ranks of the clubs stuck in 'no franchise QB' purgatory for the first time since drafting cam. It's somewhere you want to escape from ASAP. That said, Rhule is a process driven rebuilder of programs so I don't think they'd make this move as part of a 'win now' roll of the dice. It's certainly something you'd expect of the Raiders or Cowboys.

But I could see them going for it simply dependent on their evaluation of Bridgewater. He was doing alright until he got injured, putting the Panthers right back in Cam territory with a QB underperforming every time he gets busted up. If fit, he could do the placeholder role until they draft a legit QB, but drafting a legit QB is very hit or miss. Theoretically the Panthers could burn more picks searching for this promised land than they might just getting the real thing immediately.

Very interesting.

Latvian Eagle 21-01-2021 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15605814)
Panthers were also in new territory last year, joining the ranks of the clubs stuck in 'no franchise QB' purgatory for the first time since drafting cam. It's somewhere you want to escape from ASAP. That said, Rhule is a process driven rebuilder of programs so I don't think they'd make this move as part of a 'win now' roll of the dice. It's certainly something you'd expect of the Raiders or Cowboys.

But I could see them going for it simply dependent on their evaluation of Bridgewater. He was doing alright until he got injured, putting the Panthers right back in Cam territory with a QB underperforming every time he gets busted up. If fit, he could do the placeholder role until they draft a legit QB, but drafting a legit QB is very hit or miss. Theoretically the Panthers could burn more picks searching for this promised land than they might just getting the real thing immediately.

Very interesting.

Where is Jimmy Clausen these days? :vader:

CP-RJW 21-01-2021 12:27 PM

Saints are gonna struggle next season with their cap situation.

Panthers get Watson, CMC back and firing, maybe a decent draft if there’s any good picks left after the Watson trade, and a playoff push is very achievable.

kayjay 21-01-2021 10:35 PM

Panthers were way more competitive than their win loss indicates.
Just having CMC out there could have been enough for 4-5 more wins.

LLCOOLSTEVE 24-01-2021 10:15 PM

Would love it if Carolina got DW

Come on Packers.....

dannyboy1807 24-01-2021 11:19 PM

Rodgers bottles it again

Funk Butter 25-01-2021 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyboy1807 (Post 15611427)
Rodgers bottles it again

I think Matt LaFleur gets some blame here for his mind-numbing decision making at the end. I mean, Rodgers went 33/48 at 10ypc with 3TDs and 1 Int. No running game hurt more than Rodgers. Of course, going down in the 1st Half didn't help.

hughff 25-01-2021 12:39 AM

I don't think that's entirely fair, dannyboy. Don't get me wrong, it's always good to see Green Bay fail (though it's even more fun to see Brady lose) but you cannot just the QB for that.

Funk Butter 25-01-2021 02:22 AM

All you need to know.

Quote:

Josh Dubow
@JoshDubowAP
∑ 2h
Packers were 1st team to attempt a FG when trailing by 4-8 points in final 3 minutes of a game since Dan Quinn called it for Falcons in 17-16 loss to #49ers 11/8/15
What the **** is this quote? Sounds like something a coach from the 60s would have said.

Quote:

“I think any time something doesn’t work out, do you regret it? Sure,” LaFleur said afterwards. “But we’re always going to be process driven here and the way our defense was battling, the way our defense was playing, I felt like it was the right decision to do. It just didn’t work out.”

Spindle 25-01-2021 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyboy1807 (Post 15611427)
Rodgers bottles it again

Harsh. His receivers dropped about 3 passes which were massive plays including the 2 point attempt. I think the biggest error he made was not picking up the open man in the endzone when he threw to the double covered fella instead. Brady threw 3 interceptions, 2 of which under pressure and he just decided to bomb it like a hail mary. In the end he got away with it thanks to the defence. Brady is exceptional though, what a player, but let's face it, they do have a real team there.

Just caught up with the AFC game, I think both of those teams are better than the packers, and despite the Bills being very good, the Chiefs defence rinsed them, must've sacked Allen 10 times or at least covered his receivers off so well he couldn't throw. Allen was brilliant at rushing, had he not been so strong out of the pocket they wouldn't have scored a point. Chiefs so strong in offence too, Mahomes passing is brilliant, the receivers drop nothing, and Hill is an agile little bugger like Kamara at the Saints. They are going to win it again.

Spindle 25-01-2021 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 15611993)
All you need to know.


What the **** is this quote? Sounds like something a coach from the 60s would have said.

Yeah I couldn't believe they didn't go for it on that 4th and goal. Had they scored they would've needed only an FG for OT, instead they had to recover and get into the end zone. Quitter decision.

Funk Butter 25-01-2021 11:04 AM

What the hell is wrong with coaches?

Quote:

"I thought about going for it on both occasions. Maybe if I had to do it over again, I would have went for maybe one of them," McDermott said. "But the one before the half, I wanted to get points. We were having trouble coming up with points, and I wanted to at least have something to show for it going into the half, especially knowing they were getting the ball after half. I'll look back at that and reevaluate that, especially the one after half there, and as an entire team, we'll learn from the experience."
I realize that quantitative analysis is difficult, I pull my hair out trying to explain to people all sorts of reasoning behind why statistical analysis says to do something, but you have to have people that do this for you. That last sentence is most damning. As if you have to fail before you succeed. You've got a history of thousands of football games to draw experience from and make the correct decision, so do it. Let somebody else fail so you can succeed.

BB Bob 25-01-2021 11:30 AM

I don't know - it was a tough call.

If you miss it, you are down by two scores (well, a TD plus the 2). Take the three, your defence has done a pretty good job of stopping them over the second half, get the ball back and have another shot. If it had worked, everyone would have praised him for a shrewd call.

Another one for the hindsight playbook, I reckon...

LSEagle 25-01-2021 03:28 PM

The thing is that the data will never exactly match up with the current match position (for example due to injuries) so I think there are arguments for ignoring the data driven approach on some occasions but it's definitely important for coaches to be aware of what the data says, and ideally to have a good reason why you are ignoring.

Funk Butter 26-01-2021 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB Bob (Post 15612357)
Another one for the hindsight playbook, I reckon...

If you watch this video very carefully, you can see Matt Lafleur when he was a coach with the Falcons staff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WRbKTyXkCA

LSEagle 26-01-2021 08:00 AM

Re the data point I'm surprised no team has just started going for two point conversions as a default since I'm sure they are quantitatively better, it's what I'd do if I was coaching.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 26-01-2021 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSEagle (Post 15613564)
Re the data point I'm surprised no team has just started going for two point conversions as a default since I'm sure they are quantitatively better, it's what I'd do if I was coaching.

If it's the fourth quarter, and Teddy Bridgewater is your QB, I'm not doing it

Funk Butter 26-01-2021 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSEagle (Post 15613564)
Re the data point I'm surprised no team has just started going for two point conversions as a default since I'm sure they are quantitatively better, it's what I'd do if I was coaching.

Back during the GSoT days, Jeff Wilkins got hurt on the opening kickoff for the Rams. (Against the Falcons, of course) They went for two the rest of the game and went 4/5 on them. Kicking the XP depending on the situation of the game makes sense. What I don't understand is going for 2 in the first half to make up some points somehow. Like instead of an XP to make it 17-16, you go for 2 to make it 17-17. If you go for 2 in that situation, then you should go for 2 every single time.

kayjay 27-01-2021 01:35 AM

I reckon Doug Pederson started going for the 2 as standard practice
the year the Eagles were successful but I don't have any data to support it.

LSEagle 27-01-2021 09:01 PM

Here's an article on it, https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/1/...t-nfl-dorktown, and a whole load at 538, https://fivethirtyeight.com/tag/2-point-conversions/

I reckon if you practised 4th and shorts loads you could become really good at 2 pointers and hit them way more than average. If I was playcalling I'd also go for anything less than 4th and 3 regardless of where I was on the field.

kayjay 28-01-2021 12:48 AM

Cheers LS

tsunamiman 31-01-2021 07:32 AM

Rams trade the house to get Matthew Stafford. Weird trade. Feels like a lot for a middling qb.

BLUE BOY 31-01-2021 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunamiman (Post 15624149)
Rams trade the house to get Matthew Stafford. Weird trade. Feels like a lot for a middling qb.

That wasn't the cost of acquiring Stafford, that was the cost of getting rid of Goff and his contract.

GB2506 31-01-2021 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunamiman (Post 15624149)
Rams trade the house to get Matthew Stafford. Weird trade. Feels like a lot for a middling qb.

Thatís a huge amount to give up for a player that only has 4/5 years left considering his injury record. As a Pats fan I wanted Stafford but Iím happy we didnít give up that much for him. If Stafford is 2 first rounders, what the hell will it take to get Watson?!?!

Itís the start of the QB carousel which is going to be huge this year.

tsunamiman 31-01-2021 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB2506 (Post 15624208)
Thatís a huge amount to give up for a player that only has 4/5 years left considering his injury record. As a Pats fan I wanted Stafford but Iím happy we didnít give up that much for him. If Stafford is 2 first rounders, what the hell will it take to get Watson?!?!

Itís the start of the QB carousel which is going to be huge this year.

Only ones that can afford him and want him are the jets. Even then itís 3 firsts. Included no2 overall.

Spindle 04-02-2021 12:07 AM

I'm interested in seeing if Justin Fields is a starter and how he gets on from seeing him develop on QB1BtL series 2. Jake Fromm was drafted last season iirc but isn't a starter.

hughff 04-02-2021 12:54 AM

I think this is potentially a good QB draft. Obviously Lawrence looks like a future star and Fields might be too. Then there's BYU's Zach Wilson, whom most are seeing as the number 2 pick in the draft. North Dakota State's Trey Lance has eyepopping stats (14 rushing td, 28 passing td, 0 interceptions and 67% accuracy) but he did it for a dominant team in Div1.

Finally, credit to Mac Jones, who simply ran Bama's offense to perfection. Admittedly, he seems less capable than those who went before but at the same time he got more out of that team than they got from theirs, not unlike a certain T Brady seems to, so he might transition.

Funk Butter 04-02-2021 04:18 AM

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ut-source-says


Quote:

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Chiefs had 20 people, including quarterback Patrick Mahomes, other players and staff members, in line for a haircut Sunday with a barber who tested positive for COVID-19, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Backup center Daniel Kilgore was in the chair when the Chiefs pulled the barber once his COVID-19 test results came in, Schefter reported. Kilgore and the barber both were wearing masks and because Kilgore was deemed a close contact, he told the barber to finish. A source initially had told ESPN that Kilgore was mid-haircut when the barber was pulled.

The Chiefs on Monday placed Kilgore and wide receiver Demarcus Robinson on the reserve/COVID-19 list after they were considered to be close contacts.

Robinson and Kilgore have not practiced since being placed on the COVID-19 list this week. But they can return to play in Super Bowl LV on Sunday against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers if they test negative for five consecutive days.
What the **** is going thru your head to be around anybody Super Bowl week? I'd let my damn hair go natty. And how does this guy get around players without having a negative test?

Spindle 04-02-2021 08:51 AM

So many sportspeople are dumb as ****. Honestly, if I was about to play the biggest game of my life i'd be taking every precaution. Morons.

aj4england 07-02-2021 10:25 AM

Most of my excitement for tonights Superbowl has been taken away following the news of the death of Chris Wessling, and Around The NFL hero and part of the Sky Sports team following a second battle with cancer.

Despite never meeting the man, he kept me going for many years and I often thought he was on another level intellectually, never mind football related.

He will be missed. RIP Chris

Funk Butter 07-02-2021 10:32 AM

Quote:

According to sports radio and TV personality Natalie Egenolf, the Philadelphia Eagles are ‘close’ to trading QB Carson Wentz to the Chicago Bears for Tarik Cohen, a first-round draft pick and Nick Foles
.

tsunamiman 07-02-2021 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 15636178)
Most of my excitement for tonights Superbowl has been taken away following the news of the death of Chris Wessling, and Around The NFL hero and part of the Sky Sports team following a second battle with cancer.

Despite never meeting the man, he kept me going for many years and I often thought he was on another level intellectually, never mind football related.

He will be missed. RIP Chris

I made my wife take a detour on our road trip honeymoon to huckapoos in Tyree island just to see the home place of the great man. Such a sad story.

GB2506 07-02-2021 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 15636178)
Most of my excitement for tonights Superbowl has been taken away following the news of the death of Chris Wessling, and Around The NFL hero and part of the Sky Sports team following a second battle with cancer.

Despite never meeting the man, he kept me going for many years and I often thought he was on another level intellectually, never mind football related.

He will be missed. RIP Chris

I echo this. Have listened to the pod for the last 4 years religiously and feel like I have lost a friend despite never meeting the man.

Thoughts with his Wife and baby son Lincoln.

RIP the Mailman.

DuckmanDuck 07-02-2021 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 15636178)
Most of my excitement for tonights Superbowl has been taken away following the news of the death of Chris Wessling, and Around The NFL hero and part of the Sky Sports team following a second battle with cancer.

Despite never meeting the man, he kept me going for many years and I often thought he was on another level intellectually, never mind football related.

He will be missed. RIP Chris

Completely agree. Love the around the nfl podcast and he was always fantastic on it.

Was so sad hearing him struggling to talk on his brief cameos at the end.

RIP Chris

GB2506 07-02-2021 10:59 PM

Beautiful tribute to Wess on the pre game show on sky a short while ago. So much respect for Dan, Gregg and Marc for being on the show as well. I’m sure they sat down and talked about it and said it’s what Wess would have wanted.

Also lovely tributes from Rich Eisen and Colleen Wolff earlier.

CT_Palace 07-02-2021 11:08 PM

so who do we think will win tonight?

Latvian Eagle 07-02-2021 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15637339)
so who do we think will win tonight?

The Portland Wankdonkies by 4 points.

CT_Palace 07-02-2021 11:26 PM

Why do I switch on before the kick off?

PauLo 07-02-2021 11:48 PM

BRING ON DAN MARINO

PauLo 07-02-2021 11:49 PM

Iím only watching so I know when half time is so I can see all the new trailers.

Spindle 08-02-2021 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 15637343)
The Portland Wankdonkies by 4 points.

Lol

Defenses on top right now making the game dull as shit. And naturally the USA goes into MASSIVE ad breaks at every turnover in play, which they don't do in other games.

Spindle 08-02-2021 12:12 AM

Finally, a drive, a nice mix up of plays.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 08-02-2021 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 15637343)
The Portland Wankdonkies by 4 points.

Are they donkeys that wank, or those that wank donkeys? Edit your post and spell donkeys right and I'll edit mine too.

CT_Palace 08-02-2021 12:49 AM

KC penalty fest

Funk Butter 08-02-2021 12:50 AM

For the first time in years, I got a great Super Bowl square. KC-7, TB-0. And this pool pays out for every scoring change. When KC kicked that field goal, I probably knew then that my square is dead. Now gotta keep my fingers crossed for KC-6, TB-5.

CT_Palace 08-02-2021 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 15637390)
For the first time in years, I got a great Super Bowl square. KC-7, TB-0. And this pool pays out for every scoring change. When KC kicked that field goal, I probably knew then that my square is dead. Now gotta keep my fingers crossed for KC-6, TB-5.

You probably knew? :D

Funk Butter 08-02-2021 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15637395)
You probably knew? :D

Actually I knew before kickoff. My squares history is terrible. I have gotten $0 in the pool I currently play in that pays out for every scoring change. And that is with 3 squares most years, going on 7 years now. My best ever was back when the Rams beat the Titans. I had 6-6 and 6-3 and when that 2-pt conversion was missed, I killed the rest of the game.

CT_Palace 08-02-2021 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15637389)
KC penalty fest

And so it continues

CT_Palace 08-02-2021 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 15637398)
Actually I knew before kickoff. My squares history is terrible. I have gotten $0 in the pool I currently play in that pays out for every scoring change. And that is with 3 squares most years, going on 7 years now. My best ever was back when the Rams beat the Titans. I had 6-6 and 6-3 and when that 2-pt conversion was missed, I killed the rest of the game.

If it makes you feel any better Iíve never won a cent on Super Bowl squares

SA Eagle 08-02-2021 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15637399)
And so it continues

Itís quite pathetic

GB2506 08-02-2021 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15637389)
KC penalty fest

They have always played this way on D. Lots of holding that never gets called. Finally catching up with them.

CT_Palace 08-02-2021 01:16 AM

Why didn’t the 9ers come up against such an incompetent KC last year? :(

Funk Butter 08-02-2021 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15637400)
If it makes you feel any better Iíve never won a cent on Super Bowl squares

Outside of that yucky Rams/Patriots game, I would expect to hit at least once out of 20 times when these games have so many score changes. To top it off, I'm in a college basketball tourney squares pool every year with the same guy that is based on the final score of every game in the tourney. Not won one dollar in that one either and it has 65 damn games every tourney.

GB2506 08-02-2021 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15637403)
Why didnít the 9ers come up against such an incompetent KC last year? :(

They did for 3 and a half quarters. Had a 10 point lead midway through the 4th and had kept them to 10 points.

CT_Palace 08-02-2021 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB2506 (Post 15637406)
They did for 3 and a half quarters. Had a 10 point lead midway through the 4th and had kept them to 10 points.

Shush. It didnít feel that way

CT_Palace 08-02-2021 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 15637404)
Outside of that yucky Rams/Patriots game, I would expect to hit at least once out of 20 times when these games have so many score changes. To top it off, I'm in a college basketball tourney squares pool every year with the same guy that is based on the final score of every game in the tourney. Not won one dollar in that one either and it has 65 damn games every tourney.

Damn!

Hey Funk, if you have any tips, do us a favor and keep Ďem to yourself, yes?

CT_Palace 08-02-2021 01:34 AM

Btw. I’m officially old.

Who the **** is this guy?

EDIT: wait! I think I kinda recognize this song
EDIT EDIT: not very sure though

Latvian Eagle 08-02-2021 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels (Post 15637375)
Are they donkeys that wank, or those that wank donkeys? Edit your post and spell donkeys right and I'll edit mine too.

It's Americanized.

lewisuk 08-02-2021 01:46 AM

It’s only 15 points second best comeback since Brady beat the falcons coming up !!

Funk Butter 08-02-2021 01:54 AM

Um, has Andy Reid regressed back to his Eagles' days? There seems to be no difference being down 15 or 12 against Tom Brady.

GB2506 08-02-2021 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewisuk (Post 15637419)
Itís only 15 points second best comeback since Brady beat the falcons coming up !!

Bucs long drive here and a TD itís game over. 3 score game would be very hard to come back from. Huge possession this for both teams

Spindle 08-02-2021 01:56 AM

Buccs defense is just crushing Mahomes boys, they have nowhere to go.

Spindle 08-02-2021 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB2506 (Post 15637423)
Bucs long drive here and a TD itís game over. 3 score game would be very hard to come back from. Huge possession this for both teams

I agree. And they are 25 out right now.

Spindle 08-02-2021 01:59 AM

There it is

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 08-02-2021 01:59 AM

Tom Brady changed teams??? Sorry, not an avid fan, clearly.

NickinOx 08-02-2021 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spindle (Post 15637424)
Buccs defense is just crushing Mahomes boys, they have nowhere to go.

Those two Chiefs’ missing offensive linemen are making a huge difference.

Best team is winning, but boy these refs seem to want to be a big part of the story.

Spindle 08-02-2021 02:01 AM

Yes this season. And the Patriots didn't make the Superbowl but Brady is about to win it again.

Spindle 08-02-2021 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickinOx (Post 15637429)
Those two Chiefs’ missing offensive linemen are making a huge difference.

Best team is winning, but boy these refs seem to want to be a big part of the story.

Well the offside was a huge huge call. The interception, it was a flag on the intended receiver and he was holding him all over, sorry, it's a flag.


Mahomes sacked again....that's about 6 already, then he throws an interception. It;s over

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 08-02-2021 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spindle (Post 15637431)
Yes this season. And the Patriots didn't make the Superbowl but Brady is about to win it again.

I worked quite a few months in Boston over a few years, my head office was just outside nearish Patriots Place. I only ever saw the New England Revolution and the Red Sox, but Brady was a God to them.

Little Fozzie 08-02-2021 02:32 AM

Urgh catch that ball. Unreal effort from mahomes

Hedgehog 08-02-2021 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels (Post 15637434)
I worked quite a few months in Boston over a few years, my head office was just outside nearish Patriots Place. I only ever saw the New England Revolution and the Red Sox, but Brady was a God to them.

I'm right off football (as in the NFL), but have an illogical dislike for Tom Brady, but at 43 you have to take your hat off to him.

CPFC since 1989 08-02-2021 03:15 AM

What a game to watch. History in the making.

CPFC since 1989 08-02-2021 03:16 AM

Hopefully Brady will be around until he's 50 lol.

sheepy 08-02-2021 03:27 AM

Urgh, this is the glazerís nfl team? Wankers!

Funk Butter 08-02-2021 04:38 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EtrJwVfW...g&name=900x900
Quote:

Here are the path's that Patrick Mahomes (top) and Tom Brady (bottom) took before pass attempts in shotgun during tonight's #SuperBowl


Red: complete
White: incomplete

LSEagle 08-02-2021 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSEagle (Post 15580246)
I do wonder if TB can do something

Don't know if this counts as a prediction but I'm going to go with it.

I saw TB get demolished last season at the Spurs stadium, I wouldn't have believed you if you'd have told me they'd be champions next year*.

*They did have Jameis Winston then though

aj4england 08-02-2021 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSEagle (Post 15637838)
Don't know if this counts as a prediction but I'm going to go with it.

I saw TB get demolished last season at the Spurs stadium, I wouldn't have believed you if you'd have told me they'd be champions next year*.

*They did have Jameis Winston then though

The jump from Winston to Brady is large, but a bigger jump of Devon White from Year 1 to Year 2 had as bigger impact.

My good friend many years ago told me when looking at a superbowl winner, go for the team that has the better defence regalrdess of the oppos attack as you will be right more than you will be wrong. Rings true again after last night

Swanny32 16-02-2021 07:54 AM

Blimey, just seen the news about Vincent Jackson! 38!!! Anyone know how/why?

CP-RJW 19-03-2021 06:08 PM

Several women have sued Deshaun Watson for sexual assault/harassment

Latvian Eagle 23-03-2021 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15709755)
Several women have sued Deshaun Watson for sexual assault/harassment

14 as of today.

Guessing Carolina won't be in for him now then. :D Best of luck Houston!

aj4england 30-03-2021 10:53 AM

Big trade with the 49ers. Interesting to see how it plays out.

Still think that both the 49ers and the Ravens would be my superbowl picks at this early stage if they both can avoid injuries much like the Cheifs offensive skills players have for the last few years.

CT_Palace 30-03-2021 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 15722401)
Big trade with the 49ers. Interesting to see how it plays out.

Still think that both the 49ers and the Ravens would be my superbowl picks at this early stage if they both can avoid injuries much like the Cheifs offensive skills players have for the last few years.

3rd round pick. Clearly they are going for a QB. JG has missed 23 games in the last 3 seasons and the team's record without him it pretty woeful. Shanahan has been quoted as saying JG is the future (I guess he has to right?) but it's clear they are hedging here.

Funk Butter 30-03-2021 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15722481)
3rd round pick. Clearly they are going for a QB. JG has missed 23 games in the last 3 seasons and the team's record without him it pretty woeful. Shanahan has been quoted as saying JG is the future (I guess he has to right?) but it's clear they are hedging here.

They aren't hedging, they're replacing Jimmy. You don't spend three 1st round picks to hedge your bets. Strangely, rumors are saying they are interested in Mac Jones, who could have been there at #12.

aj4england 30-03-2021 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 15722498)
They aren't hedging, they're replacing Jimmy. You don't spend three 1st round picks to hedge your bets. Strangely, rumors are saying they are interested in Mac Jones, who could have been there at #12.

Technically it is only 2 first round picks which as been lost as they still have this years, pick at #3 rather than #12. Can't help but feel they are in a position should the DeShaun Watson stuff get sorted quickly that they could use this for the Texans, but also get a QB, possibly Fields.

The 49ers are slightly scarred by passing on Watson and Mahomes when they sat in a similar draft position, and if you think you are a good organisation, then you believe that your draft picks are going to be 24-32 rather than 1-8. They also in the position potentially to get something back for Jimmy G, even if it is a 2nd/3rd either this season or next. If it wasnt the 49ers doing this, say the Raiders, i would be worried. Less so with them

Stinger1 02-04-2021 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 15722498)
They aren't hedging, they're replacing Jimmy. You don't spend three 1st round picks to hedge your bets. Strangely, rumors are saying they are interested in Mac Jones, who could have been there at #12.

There's now talk they might go for Trey Lance rather than Fields or Jones and give Jimmy G another year.

GB2506 02-04-2021 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 15722498)
They aren't hedging, they're replacing Jimmy. You don't spend three 1st round picks to hedge your bets. Strangely, rumors are saying they are interested in Mac Jones, who could have been there at #12.

This is the part I donít get. If the vast majority of reports are to be believed they are really high up on Mac Jones which would be a huge reach at 3, and would likely have been on the board at 12. Heís a Shanahan type QB in that Matt Ryan mould but to go at 3.....Iím not sure. I think Jimmy G starts week 1 for the 49ers, I donít think there is a huge trade market for him with his huge contract and injury record. As a Pats fan I donít want him back, really hope we donít go near him. Would love us to be aggressive and trade up to get involved in the Trey Lance/Justin Fields market.

CP-RJW 06-04-2021 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 15714826)
14 as of today.

Guessing Carolina won't be in for him now then. :D Best of luck Houston!

Who needs Deshaun when youíve got Darnold?

Latvian Eagle 06-04-2021 12:15 PM

Funny thing is there are a couple of people I saw online yesterday bigging him up, saying best move for him as we have a decent coach and QB Co who can help him, he has been hamstrung from the start in NYJ.

Interesting to see how he goes. And to be fair when I saw we were willing to offer McCaffrey as part of a trade for Watson, it put me off the whole idea anyway.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 06-04-2021 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 15732525)
Funny thing is there are a couple of people I saw online yesterday bigging him up, saying best move for him as we have a decent coach and QB Co who can help him, he has been hamstrung from the start in NYJ.

Interesting to see how he goes. And to be fair when I saw we were willing to offer McCaffrey as part of a trade for Watson, it put me off the whole idea anyway.

People are using Tannehill's resurgence at Tennessee as a yardstick, but we will see. Even Fitterer described it as 'a gamble'. Personally I'm just relieved that the rebuild wasn't scuppered by over reaching for a QB. Would be good if we can get some of the picks back with a Teddy trade.

Who knows, there might still be a role for Deshaun further down the road. Perhaps he could massage CMC's calves after each game with his penis?

Vince Hilaire's Afro 06-04-2021 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15732517)
Who needs Deshaun when youíve got Darnold?

Panthers signed TE Dan Arnold about a week ago. Everyone is practicing "Darnold to Arnold"

Latvian Eagle 06-04-2021 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15732546)
People are using Tannehill's resurgence at Tennessee as a yardstick, but we will see. Even Fitterer described it as 'a gamble'. Personally I'm just relieved that the rebuild wasn't scuppered by over reaching for a QB. Would be good if we can get some of the picks back with a Teddy trade.

Who knows, there might still be a role for Deshaun further down the road. Perhaps he could massage CMC's calves after each game with his penis?

:moo:

LLCOOLSTEVE 08-04-2021 11:01 AM

Enjoying the Panthers offseason

Loving the AJ Bouye pick up

Latvian Eagle 08-04-2021 11:24 AM



This is kind of a bit freaky, but also a big dig at NYJ. :moo:

Vince Hilaire's Afro 08-04-2021 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15732517)
Who needs Deshaun when youíve got Darnold?

Rumours are that Panthers owner David Teppper is still hot for a massage session with Deshaun, and is still waiting to see how this plays out perhaps a year or two down the line

CT_Palace 09-04-2021 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB2506 (Post 15727435)
This is the part I donít get. If the vast majority of reports are to be believed they are really high up on Mac Jones which would be a huge reach at 3, and would likely have been on the board at 12. Heís a Shanahan type QB in that Matt Ryan mould but to go at 3.....Iím not sure. I think Jimmy G starts week 1 for the 49ers, I donít think there is a huge trade market for him with his huge contract and injury record. As a Pats fan I donít want him back, really hope we donít go near him. Would love us to be aggressive and trade up to get involved in the Trey Lance/Justin Fields market.

The thing with Mac is he is very much in the JG mould. Stay in the pocket, make your throw. Which is fine if you have great protection. Loose that protection for just a game and the chance of injury is there... sound familiar Jimmy?
I am very much of the mobile QB school and Mac's mobility is definitely questionable.

Funk Butter 11-04-2021 10:32 AM

In "No, duh" news of the day.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EyoEEMQWEAM0l7I.jpg

CT_Palace 11-04-2021 04:40 PM

Excellent :D

Funk Butter 27-04-2021 01:21 PM

Talk about avoiding the question:
Quote:

When asked if Jimmy Garoppolo will be on their roster after the draft is over, Shanahan said: “I can’t guarantee that anybody in the world will be alive on Sunday.”

I'm told that many in the 49ers' personnel department have pushed for North Dakota State QB Trey Lance but that coach Kyle Shanahan wants to draft Alabama's Mac Jones. One person I spoke to even heard that Shanahan might "acquiesce" to the scouting department on the selection, but others have said that seems unlikely. At this time of year, there is a lot of seed planting in the rumor mill, and it could certainly be the case here.

CP-RJW 27-04-2021 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 15739400)
In "No, duh" news of the day.

For some reason I thought the Eagles would be much higher on the drinking list. Maybe Iíve been watching too much itís always sunny.

Norwich_Eagle 27-04-2021 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 15739400)

Surprising stats there. In terms of general usage on Marijuana usage over States:

Washington D.C. ranks first but the Washington Football Team is very low down.
Next state with a team is Colorado with Denver who are also very low down.
Then Seattle Seahawks very low down again compared to the Washington State average.

The first "close" comparison is Las Vegas Raiders and Nevada who rank 9th and 8th respectively.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.